Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

He's great on Comedy Bang Bang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCtzjAxpInY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRSwrSp-Q-s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Davros1 posted:

"I am writing stories about important human beings."

JFC

One of Goodkind's important human beings "Wow, I sure love the taste of my hymen on his dick!"

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
some dipshit was doing a readalong of Goodkind if you think you've seen peak stupid yet.

You haven't. Someone gives an impassioned speech banning fire as a metaphor for gun control 50 pages into the first novel of ~20.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

Even if you are middling to cold on Middleditch I would highly recommend his Netflix improv special with Ben Schwartz. I never really cared for the guy either but it is hilarious.

I watched it purely on the basis of Schwartz from Parks & Rec having never given a thought about Middleditch and yeah that first episode was incredible. Second ep couldn't reach the same heights but still was really good.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

someone put a lot of work into that robot's rear end. I don't think that's just Vikander's butt done in metal, but there is no way for me to check without being a creepier person than i am by default so i'll just leave it.

HannibalBarca posted:

Middleditch was bad in Godzilla: King of the Monsters, but then again so was most of the cast. I have no further thoughts.

That loving movie. Why do you bother getting Charles Dance to be in a movie about giant monsters and not give him a pithy monologue? Why do you get someone as good as Vera Famiga to do one front on to a webcam in the least cinematic way? What a loving waste of time.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Snowman_McK posted:

someone put a lot of work into that robot's rear end. I don't think that's just Vikander's butt done in metal, but there is no way for me to check without being a creepier person than i am by default so i'll just leave it.

Only her face and hands and feet are hers in the movie, the rest was digitally deleted and then everything was just CG animated by referencing the movements of her real body that they filmed. But her body was not motion-captured or rotoscoped, it was all original CGI done in post. I remember the production team being really proud about having no greenscreens or tracking balls on set at all.

You may apply this trivia to the robot's butt if you wish. Surely someone spent hours lovingly sculpting it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

That loving movie. Why do you bother getting Charles Dance to be in a movie about giant monsters and not give him a pithy monologue? Why do you get someone as good as Vera Famiga to do one front on to a webcam in the least cinematic way? What a loving waste of time.

Funny how Vikander's actual body was actually slimmer at the end of the movie after the robot gets her new skin.

As for Middleditch, he was pretty funny as knockoff Jessie Eisenberg in Zombieland 2.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Improv is of the Devil.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Even if you are middling to cold on Middleditch I would highly recommend his Netflix improv special with Ben Schwartz. I never really cared for the guy either but it is hilarious.

Sonic the Hedgehog is really basically just Dewey Duck with more social anxiety.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Xealot posted:

Likewise TJ Miller. Silicon Valley was unwatchable to me immediately because I got such douche vibes off of the cast.

Middleditch may be a bit of a dick, but as far as I know he hasn't been MeTooed or gone on a racist rant against a cab driver or called in a bomb threat on a train because a woman turned him down.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

One of Goodkind's important human beings "Wow, I sure love the taste of my hymen on his dick!"

:stonk:

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

someone put a lot of work into that robot's rear end.

Well, it's important to the story.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The whole genre fiction ghetto seems to be something of a generation gap; I don't think it meaningfully exists for most people under 30.

Yea bad scifi novels of the 80's got replaced by harry potter and twilight for gen z

Anyway, what are some topical films for this week?

If Beale Street Could Talk
Django Unchained
The Siege
Les Miserables (2019)
V for Vendetta
Casablanca
Glory

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 4, 2020

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Middleditch may be a bit of a dick, but as far as I know he hasn't been MeTooed or gone on a racist rant against a cab driver or called in a bomb threat on a train because a woman turned him down.

Oh, no, of course not. TJ Miller is a legit piece of poo poo. I don't think Middleditch is some kind of sex criminal or anything, he just comes off as smarmy and douchy in a mundane "I wouldn't get along with him IRL" sense. Maybe it's just Mike Judge's capacity to render his characters unappealing, because Silicon Valley also made Kumail Nanjiani look unpleasant to me, and I find him incredibly charming and charismatic in everything else.

got any sevens posted:

Yea bad scifi novels of the 80's got replaced by harry potter and twilight for gen z

Yes, exactly. It's so interesting that this narrative still persists of "nerdy kids" being punished for their consumption habits, when it sounds like something pulled from 30 years ago. Maybe the quiet, nerdy kid was shoved into a locker for liking fantasy novels in 1985, but now things like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter or Game of Thrones or whatever ARE the mainstream media people consume. Have been since 2000.

There's so much self-described adolescent victimhood among Marvel fans especially, as if liking comic narratives was something they suffered for as children...but Spider-Man and Batman and X-Men, etc., have been wildly popular TV shows and movies since the 90's. The MCU in particular is the most popular property in Hollywood, but there's still all this entitled gatekeeping by "real fans" as if the Avengers are somehow a more obscure or complex thing than Jurassic Park.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

got any sevens posted:

Django Unchained
The Siege
Les Miserables (2019)
V for Vendetta
Casablanca
Glory

Warner has made the Michael B Jordan/Jamie Foxx wrongful conviction movie Just Mercy free to rent for the month of June.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The dark knight rises is topical now because apparently the NYPD used the techniques shown in the movie to barricade and attack protestors

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Warner has made the Michael B Jordan/Jamie Foxx wrongful conviction movie Just Mercy free to rent for the month of June.

Yeah that one made me cry in the theater :sympathy:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Xealot posted:

Yes, exactly. It's so interesting that this narrative still persists of "nerdy kids" being punished for their consumption habits, when it sounds like something pulled from 30 years ago. Maybe the quiet, nerdy kid was shoved into a locker for liking fantasy novels in 1985, but now things like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter or Game of Thrones or whatever ARE the mainstream media people consume. Have been since 2000.

I almost think this is the wrong approach. Nerd media isn't fantasy or sci-fi or super hero stuff per se, it's what ever's popular primarily among kid's who get shoved into lockers.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schwarzwald posted:

I almost think this is the wrong approach. Nerd media isn't fantasy or sci-fi or super hero stuff per se, it's what ever's popular primarily among kid's who get shoved into lockers.

The Adventures of Kitsune the Furry, in theatres fall 2040

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

The Clowner posted:

The Adventures of Kitsune the Furry, in theatres fall 2040

The Shape of Water won four Oscars so I'd expect it sooner than that.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Snowman_McK posted:

I predict Godzilla vs. King Kong will have a ridiculously prestigious cast but each will only have like 30 seconds of screen time.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The dark knight rises is topical now because apparently the NYPD used the techniques shown in the movie to barricade and attack protestors

Do they all plan to walk into a tunnel later?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Neo Rasa posted:

The Shape of Water won four Oscars so I'd expect it sooner than that.

Yes, because the Oscars know what is hip and cool with the kids.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Neo Rasa posted:

I predict Godzilla vs. King Kong will have a ridiculously prestigious cast but each will only have like 30 seconds of screen time.

At least the Kong Skull Island movie gave Sam Jackson and John Goodman stuff to do, instead of just wasting them like the Godzilla movies did with Charles Dance and Bryan Cranston (and Sally Hawkins and Juliette Binoche and David Strathairn and...)

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I rewatched it last week and Bane also kills a black man by kneeling on his neck.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

got any sevens posted:

Django Unchained
The Siege
Les Miserables (2019)
V for Vendetta
Casablanca
Glory

The Battle of Algiers
Strike
The Spook Who Sat by the Door
Black Panthers (Varda)
Soy Cuba

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HannibalBarca posted:

At least the Kong Skull Island movie gave Sam Jackson and John Goodman stuff to do, instead of just wasting them like the Godzilla movies did with Charles Dance and Bryan Cranston (and Sally Hawkins and Juliette Binoche and David Strathairn and...)

Hmm, I think this thread is about due for its weekly discussion of how much godzilla 2014 sucks.

Hey guys, Godzilla 2014 loving sucks

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Clowner posted:

Hmm, I think this thread is about due for its weekly discussion of how much godzilla 2014 sucks.

Hey guys, Godzilla 2014 loving sucks

:shuckyes:

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 4, 2020

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Godzilla 2014 is pretty good, actually.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

DeimosRising posted:

The Battle of Algiers

His followup Burn! is also pretty relevant for our time.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Let's go Godzilla 2014 *clapclap clapclapclapclap*

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If a movie has a monster in it, it gets one automatic star from me. If it's got multiple really cool monsters, that bumps it up to two stars. If it has a great fight, it gets a third star. If it's got good characters, that's a fourth star. And if it's got an engaging story with interesting thematics, baby you've got five stars. Godzilla 2014 is therefore a three star movie.

KotM is a 2 star, but someone could probably convince me that an ancient hollow earth civilization would be worth a half star.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
and what about the one with the baby godzilla thing Minilla

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

got any sevens posted:

Sorry To Bother You
Assassination Nation
The Purge movies
Hobo With A Shotgun

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Do the Right Thing

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

If a movie has a monster in it, it gets one automatic star from me. If it's got multiple really cool monsters, that bumps it up to two stars. If it has a great fight, it gets a third star. If it's got good characters, that's a fourth star. And if it's got an engaging story with interesting thematics, baby you've got five stars. Godzilla 2014 is therefore a three star movie.

KotM is a 2 star, but someone could probably convince me that an ancient hollow earth civilization would be worth a half star.

How much star will good boobs add?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Is Godzilla a woman

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The MSJ posted:

How much star will good boobs add?

Hey, G14 isn't THAT fat.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Is Godzilla a woman

G-98 (the better American one) is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Alan Smithee posted:

and what about the one with the baby godzilla thing Minilla

All stuff with Minya is automatically 5 stars