Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ChickenMedium posted:

Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Phoebe Bridgers being a thing at the same time is really annoying. I guess every generation needs their Dermot Mulroney/Dylan McDermot.

Princess Caroline.jpeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Bill Paxton Pullman

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Robot Style posted:

There's also the problem of having to build the virtual environments beforehand, which isn't going to be cheap either.

Not *cheap* but the technology does use the unreal engine, so it's absolutely within the scope of something an indie team can make.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Bryan Adams being a cool balladsman and Ryan Adams being a sex creep

https://twitter.com/RealLucyLawless/status/1360345910723579907

Lucy Lawless owns

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Alan Smithee posted:

"he has a car chase with himself"

Ok, hear me out: With cloning and 3D printing a thing, what if the Face/Off sequel is a whole bunch of people with Nic Cage faces?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

https://twitter.com/RealLucyLawless/status/1360345910723579907

Lucy Lawless owns

She sure does :allears:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Alan Smithee posted:

Good news, they're both terrible!

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/singer-bryan-adams-slammed-racist-post-blaming-bat-eating-people-n1205166

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Perhaps he is an animal rights activist and doesn’t like people eating exotic animals as he seems to make a vegan comment....but welp.

Bryan Adams did a lot of cool songs when I was young. I had his album.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Just in case anyone still doesn't know. Summer of '69 was in fact not about the year, but the sex thing

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm not cancelled, I'm not cancelled she continues to insist as she slowly shrinks and transforms into a Fox News anchor.

She'd need to get blonder, paler, and skinnier before they let her be a fox anchor.

Also, as someone in GBS put it:

Blistex posted:

Someone gives you a money making machine that prints a steady stream of legal tender (dozens of $100 bills every minute). There is a dick sized hole in the side of the machine. The vendor informs you that sticking your dick in there will not only destroy the machine it will also mangle your penis, and permanently prevent you from earning any appreciable amount of money in the future.

You turn the machine on, and in a few seconds you've made more money than any single day in your life. You're set, and the machine is certified to work continuously for at least a few years. You're guaranteed to become more wealthy than you thought possible. All you have to do is stand back and let it do its magic.

You place the head of your penis just a tiny bit inside the hole. The machine sputters a little as a thin slice of your penis is removed by a spinning metal gear. A few bills the machine spits out are useless, but it appears to be fixed now. Wait! It's now working noticably slower. You're still guaranteed to be rich, but not as rich, and not as fast.

You call the support line and they tell you that another attempt will certainly destroy the machine. It will never print out another bill.

You stand back and contemplate the situation. The money you are making. The financial security. The fact that you no longer have to do low paying gig jobs. You look down at your slightly damaged, yet very sore penis. You're reminded that there are two very serious consequences if you. . .

<spits on hand>

One More Fat Nerd fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 13, 2021

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Just in case anyone still doesn't know. Summer of '69 was in fact not about the year, but the sex thing
Which makes sense when you realize he was only 9 in the summer of 1969.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Urdnot Fire posted:

Which makes sense when you realize he was only 9 in the summer of 1969.

But that totally works with the opening line: "Had my first real sex dream"

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Failed Imagineer posted:

But that totally works with the opening line: "Had my first real sex dream"

Played with it ‘til my fingers bled :shepface:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/BatyaLewbel/status/1360693112029388805?s=19

Lol this sia movie sounds like a misery simulator

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

It is apparently much worse.
https://twitter.com/autisticats/status/1360337999792398336

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I really want to hang out with a modern PR person and find out celebrities shoot themselves in the foot this goddamn hard and determinedly. I thought the whole point of PR was not doing what Sia and Gina Carano have managed to do this week.

ChickenMedium posted:

Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Phoebe Bridgers being a thing at the same time is really annoying. I guess every generation needs their Dermot Mulroney/Dylan McDermot.

Keith David and David Keith.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mierenneuker posted:

Played with it ‘til my fingers bled :shepface:

Those were the bed stains of my life.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

I don't know what's up with Sia but I've always thought of her as dollar store Bjork.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

It’s obviously not the number one concern about this movie but I feel bad for Maddie Ziegler, who put all her trust into Sia and got completely soaked for it. She got away from the toxic hurricane of Dance Moms only to be thrown into a tornado of terrible judgement.

She’s been working with Sia since she was 11, she regarded her as a guardian and this is how that all ends: with an incredibly uncomfortable caricature of an autistic person

Edit: also she was the young girl/victim in The Book of Henry so this might still not be the biggest train wreck of her career.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 14, 2021

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

It’s obviously not the number one concern about this movie but I feel bad for Maddie Ziegler, who put all her trust into Sia and got completely soaked for it. She got away from the toxic hurricane of Dance Moms only to be thrown into a tornado of terrible judgement.

She’s been working with Sia since she was 11, she regarded her as a guardian and this is how that all ends: with an incredibly uncomfortable caricature of an autistic person

Edit: also she was the young girl/victim in The Book of Henry so this might still not be the biggest train wreck of her career.

I think it's a concern. She's still pretty much a kid, and it sounds like she was concerned from the start. Sia shouldn't have talked her into doing this. Hopefully Maddie ends up realizing that it wasn't her fault.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I swear media actually starting to pay more attention to autism as a disability is getting somehow even worse than the Rain Man superpowered savant days.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Ego-bot posted:

I don't know what's up with Sia but I've always thought of her as off brand Rihanna.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Xealot posted:

It's like conservatives think boycotts didn't exist until 2016. Nobody ever decided a famous person sucked and they didn't want to support them anymore until now.

The people crying about Carano becoming a victim of "cancel culture" are the exact same people who spent the last 5 years screaming for Colin Kaepernick to be fired

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The people crying about Carano becoming a victim of "cancel culture" are the exact same people who spent the last 5 years screaming for Colin Kaepernick to be fired

There's an entire industry that exists purely to invent new things for them to be angry about.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

There's some yikes in that article, like the quote "I [Sia] can't make art if I don't include her [Maddie Ziegler]."

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Davros1 posted:

There's some yikes in that article, like the quote "I [Sia] can't make art if I don't include her [Maddie Ziegler]."

Yeah her obsession with Maddie has long passed the point of being weird and unhealthy

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

aware of dog posted:

Yeah her obsession with Maddie has long passed the point of being weird and unhealthy

I had no idea who Sia was until this movie started generating controversy. And then I thought she was some 20 something pop star. I just found out she's 45. That, to me, makes this whole thing even worse.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/snydercut/status/1360971287472996357?s=21
“We live in a society” fuckin lmbo

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I can't wait to find out how middling this cut is, while at the same time watching chuds act like it's the second coming.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I doubt chuds will like it.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It's what they asked for so it must be good. The ((( Hollywood Elite))) are finally listening to the people!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Oof. CGI Darkseid looks bad

Also, the cast in that Sia movie "Music". Kate Hudson, Leslie Odom Jr? You'd think they'd know better.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 14, 2021

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Beachcomber posted:

It's what they asked for so it must be good. The ((( Hollywood Elite))) are finally listening to the people!

"People who like something I don't are all Nazis" is a bad look.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Beachcomber posted:

They don’t like justice league.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

No Leonard Cohen, automatic 0/10

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Imagine the number of people who had to let this happen

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I saw someone say on that movie, "not all autistics are high functioning like you, and ignoring people who are actually like this is insensitive".. I've not seen the movie, but the hot take makes my stomach hurt
:psyduck:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Davros1 posted:

Sia's said something close to, like, Ziegler being her muse or whatever. When she first started doing videos with her, I think the sentiment was "oh Maddie's away from that toxic Dance Moms poo poo good"... but there was also an uncomfortable truth about Sia being very private (giant wig look) while Maddie was front and center. Sia got heat for the video she did with Shia Lebouf for (Elastic Heart?) where there was a cage and dirty bodysuits and poo poo.

With Music I think people are being way more critical about the artistic partnership between a 17 year old teen and a 40 year old woman.

Beachcomber posted:

I can't wait to find out how middling this cut is, while at the same time watching chuds act like it's the second coming.
Dude this is a really hosed take.

Superman's death cry being some kind of hypersonic signal that gets Darkseid's attention is a pretty neat way of explaining away why it was that Earth was targeted after Kal-el's death specifically.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's also brownface at the same time!

Also the idea that the Snyder Cut is a chud thing is fuckin laffo since there's literally no actual grounding for it. It's like saying Wandavision is for chuds. Or The Mandalorian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

Beachcomber posted:

Please don't do this.