Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://youtu.be/WoRe6usblA8

quote:

Tim Mahoney investigates one of the greatest miracles of the Bible. Did a mighty sea split? What secrets will be revealed? 

After leaving Egypt, the Bible describes the Israelites crossing a deep sea that was miraculously split with walls of water on their right and left. When the Egyptians and their chariot force pursued, the water came crashing back down to destroy the entire army. Are miracles of this kind even possible?

Skeptics contend that no evidence has ever been found for huge numbers of people crossing the wilderness or a mighty sea. Does the lack of evidence at the traditional sites mean the events didn’t happen, or might we have been looking in wrong places all along?

Join Timothy Mahoney in the next chapter of the series as he retraces the steps of Moses and the Israelites, looking for answers in Patterns of Evidence: The Red Sea Miracle Part 1 & 2.

Hear ideas from all sides of the debate as you journey back to the lands of the Bible in search of answers to one of the Bible’s biggest mysteries; where is the lost sea of the Exodus, and what really happened there? Can a patterns approach help to solve the problem?

"Thinking Man Studios"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

I haven't seen the Lord of the Rings movies in years and I decided to watch The Two Towers a couple weeks ago. Now I'm watching Return of the King, and while the movie is good, I feel like this is the first time noticing the CGI is... kind of janky. Not in every scene, but this is the first time from the trilogy I feel like there is some obvious CGI standing out. Not sure if it's because they were running out of time, or they just had so much in ROTK compared to the previous two, but it's standing out a lot to me with this watch.

I highly recommend that you watch the following video

It is these 3 vfx guys who go over good and bad cgi. This is the 2 episodes about Lord of the Rings

https://youtu.be/0jX_WmO7fCs

https://youtu.be/x6LzrlAM0_Q

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 5, 2020

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

More details

Directed by the man behind such hits as

quote:

Bratz

Baby Geniuses and the Space Baby 

Cats & Dogs 3: Paws Unite!

Baby Geniuses and the Mystery of the Crown Jewels

Cast is stellar

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jesus christ
https://twitter.com/FDRLST/status/1364602588201504773?s=20
https://youtu.be/izCgBtGF-hc

quote:

Oscar-winning actor Jon Voight, a vocal conservative, stars as the Supreme Court Chief Justice Warren E. Burger in the film. Loeb stars as Dr. Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of the National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws, prior to becoming an anti-abortion activist and renaming the organization the National Abortion Rights Action League.

Other cast members include Robert Davi as Supreme Court Justice William J. Brennan Jr., Lucy Davenport as feminist author Betty Friedan, with appearances from Mike Lindell and Tomi Lahren. Voight is scheduled to give the keynote speech at the premiere, and most other cast members will reportedly be in attendance at CPAC.

In 2020, “Roe v. Wade” premiered at the Vienna Independent Film Festival, where Voight took home the award for best supporting actor. It had an estimated budget of about $8.5 million and attempts to “just lay out the facts of how Roe v. Wade came to be and how it was decided,” in order to allow people to “take one view or another,” according to Loeb.
Loeb’s project moves through the lens of Nathanson, whose change of heart on the abortion issue was controversial at the time. Along with Friedan, Nathanson was a major force behind Roe v. Wade’s outcome in favor of abortion.

“I want people to take away the truth. These are the facts of what happened. I want them to understand how Roe came to be,” Loeb said. “The case gets thrown around all the time without a full understanding of how it came to be and what happened. I really want people to understand, whether they’re pro-choice or pro-life, that when a woman gets pregnant, there’s a baby there. It’s not a clump of cells or a gob of goo. There’s a real living being that has a heartbeat in the first couple of weeks that you can hear. People should understand that so they don’t take abortion so lightly.”

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving :lol: at these answers by director

quote:

Is it specifically a pro-life film?

It's crazy you ask that. I think it's up to your perspective, right? What we tried to do is really just lay out the facts of how Roe v. Wade came to be and how it was decided. People can take one view or another. I've had a lot of people who think it's in the middle. We tell it from the pro-choice perspective because the story is told through the eyes of Dr. Bernard Nathanson, who was the biggest abortionist of all time. He did more than 70,000 abortions.

Why some folks may think it's a conservative film or why it aligns with those views is because the protagonist actually converts. He starts off pro-choice and becomes pro-life through his journey. It's a true story.

We show a lot of the things that happened, how he [arrived at that decision], how the case was decided and it may be a negative reflection on the pro-choice side. But it's not a preachy, pro-life religious movie. I don't call it a faith-based movie, but we do uncover ... There are a lot of... parallels today, a lot of the same manipulation by the media. Even today, on both sides — you can use MSNBC and Fox as examples — both of these guys try to manipulate stuff. It's been going on forever.

One of the things [Dr. Bernard Nathanson] did to try to help his cause was sort of inflate the numbers about illegal abortion. He made up statistics that they would then leak to the media to help change public perception. That was a big part of getting Roe passed and pushing the abortion movement forward. That doesn't reflect great on the pro-choicers. But there are other characters who are generally trying to support abortion for serious issues.

Betty Friedan [played by Lucy Davenport] really wants to save women and help women. This is really an important thing and we don't vilify her at all. We don't truly vilify anybody. We show it how it was. Jamie Kennedy plays Larry Lader, who really was in it for the money. He was making a ton of money referring girls to illegal abortion doctors. Then, the main character goes back and forth. He really wanted to save women who had to do illegal abortions because one of his first girlfriends had a botched abortion and he felt these girls shouldn't have to go to these horrible, illegal abortion doctors or down to Mexico.

But it also shows how dumb the pro-lifers were. The pro-lifers never took a lot of this seriously with the whole legal aspect of the case. What I tried to do in the movie as a director is really showcase both sides. There's such a big ensemble cast so, at least, there's a character that resembles everybody's point of view.

And

quote:

What do you want people to take away from your film?

I want people to take away the truth. These are the facts of what happened. I want them to understand how Roe came to be. We had one actor — I'm not going to mention his name — who was pro-choice and he converted during the movie. He became pro-life when he learned more about the life of a baby. The case gets thrown around all the time without a full understanding of how it came to be and what happened. I really want people to understand, whether they're pro-choice or pro-life, that when a woman gets pregnant, there's a baby there. It's not a clump of cells or a gob of goo.

There's a real living being that has a heartbeat in the first couple of weeks that you can hear. People should understand that so they don't take abortion so lightly.  Our culture has come so far that a lot of people utilize it as birth control. There are even actresses in Hollywood who wear it as a badge of honor. Whether you believe in abortion or not, I don't think anybody should think of it as a badge of honor or as birth control. It is the ending of the life of a human being, no matter at what stage.

That's something that needs to be taken with extreme seriousness, thoughtfulness and concern. Americans are a very sensitive society and we need to be sensitive about all issues, especially the life of a human being. I really want people to stop and think before they make decisions, whether it's the decision to have sex without birth control or to understand the consequences. Knowledge is power, right? When we have the knowledge, we can make better, more informed decisions in our lives.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

In right wing film news we are getting a Hunter Biden Biopic

https://twitter.com/MySonHunter/status/1371799250883936261?s=20

https://twitter.com/MySonHunter/status/1371787355149897737?s=20

quote:

While the movie will be based on documentation of actual events, it is “not a documentary,” explained McAleer. “It’s going to be told in a compelling and entertaining way.”

“This is an incredibly fascinating story,” Ann McElhinney said. “It’s ‘Austin Powers’ meets ‘King Lear’ with a dash of ‘House of Cards.’”

The English actor Laurence Fox, who announced this month that he is running for mayor of London in order to “fight against extreme political correctness,” told The Telegraph of London that he has been approached to consider playing the role of Hunter Biden.

However, Laurence Fox’s role “is uncertain following his announcement that he is running for mayor of London,” Fox News noted.
The movie is scheduled to be filmed in Eastern Europe this summer.

The filmmakers are in need of donations to help raise the $2.5 million dollars needed to fund the film, which McAleer said “is going to be free for the public.” It is the largest ever crowdfunding request for a film.

Here are the perks

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

$100 for a pdf of the script

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Just wait til you hear about Martin Luther King Jr.

Or Martin Luther

I went to Christian school and they exalted him as a religious hero but I guess felt it was not necessary to talk about his AGGRESIVE Hitler like hatred of Jewish people

quote:

In 1543 Luther published On the Jews and Their Lies in which he says that the Jews are a "base, whoring people, that is, no people of God, and their boast of lineage, circumcision, and law must be accounted as filth."They are full of the "devil's feces ... which they wallow in like swine."The synagogue was a "defiled bride, yes, an incorrigible whore and an evil slut ..." He argues that their synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes razed, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness,afforded no legal protection,and these "poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time. He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "[w]e are at fault in not slaying them"

Luther claims that Jewish history was "assailed by much heresy", and that Christ swept away the Jewish heresy and goes on to do so, "as it still does daily before our eyes." He stigmatizes Jewish Prayer as being "blasphemous" and a lie, and vilifies Jews in general as being spiritually "blind" and "surely possessed by all devils." Luther has a special spiritual problem with Jewish circumcision. The full context in which Martin Luther advocated that Jews be slain in On the Jews and Their Lies is as follows in Luther's own words:

There is no other explanation for this than the one cited earlier from Moses - namely, that God has struck [the Jews] with 'madness and blindness and confusion of mind' [Deuteronomy 28:28]. So we are even at fault in not avenging all this innocent blood of our Lord and of the Christians which they shed for three hundred years after the destruction of Jerusalem, and the blood of the children they have shed since then (which still shines forth from their eyes and their skin). We are at fault in not slaying them.

We want to deal with them in a Christian manner now. Offer them the Christian faith that they would accept the Messiah, who is even their cousin and has been born of their flesh and blood; and is rightly Abraham’s Seed, of which they boast. Even so, I am concerned [that] Jewish blood may no longer become watery and wild. First of all, you should propose to them that they be converted to the Messiah and allow themselves to be baptized, that one may see that this is a serious matter to them. If not, then we would not permit them [to live among us], for Christ commands us to be baptized and believe in Him, even though we cannot now believe so strongly as we should, God is still patient with us

They are our public enemies. They do not stop blaspheming our Lord Christ, calling the Virgin Mary a whore, Christ, a bastard, and us changelings or abortions (Mahlkälber: "meal calves"o). If they could kill us all, they would gladly do it. They do it often, especially those who pose as physicians—though sometimes they help—for the devil helps to finish it in the end. They can also practice medicine as in French Switzerland. They administer poison to someone from which he could die in an hour, a month, a year, ten or twenty years. They are able to practice this art.

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Mar 19, 2021

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1410914382004039681?s=19

Do we need another movie on him?

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 3, 2021

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

They are back

https://twitter.com/GodsNotDeadFilm/status/1433100716399218691?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

The God’s Not Dead franchise continues in God’s Not Dead: We the People as Reverend Dave (White) is called to defend a group of Christian homeschooling families.  He finds himself taken aback by the interference of the government, and believing that their right to educate their own children is a freedom worth fighting for, Reverend Dave is called to Washington DC to testify in a landmark congressional hearing that will determine the future of religious freedom in our country for years to come.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

They have a lot of options for cameos to choose from:

https://twitter.com/ACTBrigitte/status/1435398047014477829

https://twitter.com/ACTBrigitte/status/1435666347841794050?s=19

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/999SZNAF/status/1441168296292728837?s=20

https://twitter.com/himbeau_/status/1441168274977222660?s=20

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1441168482112966661?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Crowetron posted:

The only part of that cast I can imagine working is Jack Black as Bowser and Keegan Micheal-Key as Toad.

Anna Taylor I think is a good choice for peach

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Will Chris do italian voice

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cat Hassler posted:

Has there ever been a good movie based on a video game?

Edit: I remember the talk about The Book of Eli being a Fallout movie when it was in early development because a PC Gamer writer wrote the screenplay LOL

I liked Silent Hill and Tomb Raider reboot

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/FionnOnFire/status/1441243537152954369?s=19

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Nevermind looks like this is fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The biggest source of hate comes from people who are upset Faye is not dressed like she does in anime and the actress response made them more pissed. Its fantastic response. Same group of people pissed about Rey in star wars

quote:

"First I wanted to apologize to the fans that I do not anatomically match the Faye Valentine character," Pineda said. She summarized Faye's 'anatomy' as "Six foot, double-D size breasts, two-inch waist" and sarcastically remarked, "You know, they looked everywhere for that woman, and they couldn't find her. It's kinda weird. So they just went with my short rear end. I know, am I right?""

The other thing I wanted to bring up was, I wanted to apologize that the outfit I'm wearing is not exactly what she wears in the anime," Pineda said, referring to complaints her costume doesn't look like Faye's usual get-up in the anime -- which is implausibly short and thin and sometimes appears to be defying the laws of gravity. "You know, we tried, but doing stunts in tissue paper -- things disappear, they rip... That original costume, they made a couple of them, but like I said, they got sort of slurped up in my various crevices, never to be retrieved again. So, we really built something that could withstand the test of time."