Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Maybe a stupid question, but what's the real difference between the Golden Globes and the Oscars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

Edit: actually, if they have both and tell people to vote with their dollars, they might clean up.

I'd watch John Wick, but with robots.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'm pretty sure the Sonic movie is going to be fair to decent, make slightly over budget, and be forgotten about by April.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I liked Birds of Prey, but the whole time watching it, it felt like a DC takeoff of Deadpool with a charming lead, but without the writing to really make use of her talents.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Is that really why you can't skip the cutscenes in FFX?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah. They couldn't even fix it in the HD versions. The game is basically put together with gum and popsicle sticks.

The reason why the English voice acting is because they had to dub it exactly to the same amount of time the Japanese dub had, not a second shorter or longer, because it would also crash. The voice acting was noticably better whenever someone was speaking off screen or if their lips weren't on screen. Auron's VA job being the overall beat because of this.

See, that's why I don't want to replay FFX. Not the voice acting, that's whatever (I think they did well, considering the restraints put on their performances), but because the game starts so slowly. gently caress off, I don't care anymore about the entire beginning.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Shneak posted:

Best actor going to the breakfast sandwich from Birds of Prey.

To be fair, that sandwich looked pretty loving tasty.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

The Clowner posted:

I hope somebody else here has seen A Fall From Grace, because ho lee gently caress. Tyler Perry has been smoking some serious poo poo.

This is on the level of The Book of Henry and Serenity

I didn't think it was that bad. The reveal at the end seemed...Well, ho lee gently caress was a pretty good summary. Up until that point, it was kind of a boring drama murder mystery.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

The Clowner posted:

I wouldn't call it a good twist, if that's what you're saying. It's the kind of twist that relies on plot holes and casts every character as either a complete idiot or a cartoonish nutjob.

Oh, definitely not a good twist. I didn't mean to even imply that, my bad. It seemed to be there just for the shock of it. If any sort of seeds had been planted about it earlier, then it would have been better, but it's just so out of left field, it's like the ending of a different script was tacked on.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

Denis Leary: “I WANT ALL SECTIONS TO BE SMOKING SECTIONS. I WANT TO BRING BACK CORPORAL PUNISHMENT IN SCHOOLS. IM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS VEGGIE MEAT PATTIES. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO JACK OFF IN FRONT OF SOME GIRLS WHO CAME TO MY ROOM”

I didn't know he was just like Louis CK.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I liked the first two seasons of the TV series. The third was poo poo, though. I'm not saying the first two would be shifting any paradigms, but they were fun enough for what they were.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Nobody Greenlightninged 2020: Fuckin Kevin At The Drive-In

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

This is why you always carry a bottle of pink champagne when going on a road trip. It's like trucker kryptonite.

Edit: Jesus Christ, what a loving way to start a new page.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Joel Schumaker died. He was 80.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

They're the flyover states, so clearly there isn't anything worthwhile there. It's just farmers, corn, and where country music reigns supreme, right?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I think the big reason people despise Leto Joker is, as mentioned, his weird pseudo-gangster thing and a lot of the on-set rumors, like him sending used condoms to other people. The idea for that interpretation of the Joker wasn't good from the get, but I don't think Leto deserves sole blame for that, since as far as I know, he didn't make the final decisions on how Joker would be portrayed.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I watched that trailer and it looks like it'd be kind of interesting. I didn't notice anything too crazy or misogynistic, either; did I miss something horrendous?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Did HIMYM really kill traditional sitcoms?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I get that, at this point, CGI is probably easier to do than practical effects, but I can't imagine it's cheaper. Practical effects also give weight to these things, and I'd think it'd be better for the actors to have something to act opposite to, beyond a tennis ball on a stick or whatever they use.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Lobok posted:

Did they build that for the movie or did McQuarrie and Cruise learn about this daredevil ramp to nowhere and write a movie around it?

Well, I know which one I'm hoping for.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

And as a movie goer, you can help it kill that many people.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

MasqueradeOverture posted:

You are all pieces in a simulation my mind conjured.

I'm just wearing a mask in case it breaks.

How loving stupid and selfish are you? You're the exact type of person who should get Covid, but won't, and will eventually tell stories of how it was overblown and not that big of a deal.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

That's more of a Yellow Lantern schtick; they're the fear mongers, while Green is willpower.

So, Del Toro and David Lynch. I don't care who gets which color.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I constantly get Mission to Mars and Red Planet confused. I'm pretty sure I saw both in theaters, and I know my dad owned them, but I can never keep straight which is which.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

It was Red Planet that had the killer robot, right?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Avatar is a good movie and I don't get why people poo poo on it. Is it just because of all the money it made and how big it was for a while?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Roth posted:

Everytime I see people describe James Cameron's Avatar or Snyder movies or the Star Wars prequels as the worst movies they've ever seen I wish I could be so lucky.

I just think they haven't seen enough movies.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

PeterCat posted:

IDK, True Lies is still pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKMSYuzDp5E

True Lies is streaming on Amazon, and that might be my favorite Arnie movie, even counting Terminator 1 and 2 and Predator. It's such a perfect mix of comedy and action, almost veering into parody, but barely staying outside of it.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

"You're fired" outside of the Trump context is a special one for me; there was a True Lies SNES game (which was actually pretty decent), and at the end, when you kill Aziz, there's a very nice digitized shot of him soaring through the air, attached to the missile.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

From the unnerving PYF thread:

Busket Posket posted:

Bland American Actor #717010, Armie Hammer, has been DMing several women for years saying he loves the idea of killing and eating them, which he swore was just gossip until one of his exes verified that he got off on licking her wounds and the idea of breaking/eating her bones.

There are also graphic threats, of r*pe and “you belong to me so if I want to break your neck I can”-level poo poo.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

What is a brand? A miscellaneous bundle of IPs! Have at you! *Throws glass, sells to Netflix*

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

-Cruella finds herself in a Jack Bauer situation where making a puppy-skin coat is the only way to stop the impending nuclear detonation.

I misread this as Jack Baker at first and was curious about a Disney/Resident Evil crossover.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Payndz posted:

One of the recent Mickey Mouse shorts had a zombie Goofy. (It also had one where Mickey smashes open a sentient pinata and the local kids swarm it and feast on its sweet, sweet innards as it lies dying.)

Edit: the pinata is voiced by Danny Trejo. I kid you not.

W-what? That's just

:psyduck:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: everyone has already forgotten about Ellen's war crimes.

Ellen committed war crimes? :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I knew Ellen was a lovely person, but the no eye contact thing is seriously :psyduck:

I'd completely forgotten about her horrible comments regarding quarantine, too. Like, I get trying to make a joke to lighten the mood or whatever, that's fine, but maybe don't compare your home to a prison when it's far more lavish than what 95% of your viewers have.

And change your loving clothes, that's just gross.