Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Claiming penultimate spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Hello. I am a country that gets stronger by having my rival country get cuddled.

Oh no sal is scum again

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

Looking forward to some other peoples' analysis of this. Do you see what I see?

Not especially, no

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Can’t tell who is more scummy, Steak for once again making day 1 of a game about him or Lumpen for feeding into Steak’s megalomania

both are in character

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Sal r u scum?

(Please tick one)

[_] Yes
[_] No

Probably

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Ding ding ding

Put me on the “vig Sal” team, he’s twitching my feelers

I would give the vig to... b-, I trust that guy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi AA thanks for posting more coherently for a little while there, that was great

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

charms posted:

Hal's at the top of my list for ignoring my callout and not posting anything substantial, and for the reasons I posted the callout in the first place. RF for trying to turn a bunch of experimental votes into a bandwagon. Nobody else on the same level as these two.

##vote Hal Incandeza

I will grant you I have not posted anything substantial, I have been pretty busy the last two days so I have just been popping in. As far as your callout, I assume you mean:

charms posted:

There might be something going on with the Content Game vs. Joke Phase factionalism. This post is suspicious:

It looks like you're showing up from out of nowhere to declare your allegiance to the Content Gamers by participating in the game and then hypothetically shooting a known Joke Phaser for arbitrary reasons.

My question is what exactly are you suspicious of? Like is there something wrong with being pro-content gamer and anti-sal?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

Not Voting (5): charms, Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Mr. Humalong

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2020 at 6 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

We have about 1 day left.
Those who are not voting, why not? Would you please make your top three suspects and cast a vote?

I am not voting because I have yet to pay enough attention to have more than the "gut feel" I had on Sal earlier. I really don't even have a top 3 suspects yet! I have Sal, RF (the b- extra votes is mildly sus) and maybe you yourself Lumpen, but equally likely someone else once I actually think more about it later tonight.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm I think it's interesting that AA was bothered enough about getting some heat for explicitly saying that he was going to check out for 24 hours to check into the thread multiple times instead of actually checking out. He may be that third person on my list

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not a fan of this rf push. 2 penny is absolutely scum

Yeah looking at it I like your 2 penny case. How many votes were on you when RF added the extra vote?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh ok well that wasn't what I was doing but I totally like the way you got there and I would definitely not vote for you today

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Is this going to be one of those games where we all forget how jokes work and take everything literally?

No I don’t think anyone has run that type of game yet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nthing that 2 penny post is bad logic

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hey what if b- was playing his own content game and the votes didn’t mean anything at all oooooh spooky

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

This is bad. Leith is prolly town

Good that steak unvoted Leith in that post then?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am good with ##vote 2 penny today

Still do not feel great about Sal, AA or probably ETR, would vote any of them with no questions

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am now 100-0 identifying non-town AA

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Leith Maclaine posted:

Finally, there was no power. That's an answer.

##unvote

Omg this shocking revelation who could have seen it coming

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would vote Sal today or any other day until he stops being scummy

Like this!

##vote Sal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

E tu Incandenza?

I will say I am not a fan of being on a vote with ETR and Mr Steak

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh drat what an unprecedented thing that would be. It's never happened before and we don't even have a word for it! I'm going to call it bussing since I just invented it so I get to name it

lmao I think I will adopt that term too!

Also coming from Sal where we were just on a scum team that did nothing but bus each other it's a little hard to believe

b- was on that pretty early though so I wouldn't jump to him bussing right away without more reasons

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

charms posted:

I need to write faster.

##vote Lumpen

Really stood by that Retro Futurist case didn't you!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Hey hal what are some of your top scum reads

Sal, RF... Maybe humalong?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Etr is probably a fine vote since they will never do enough to really get a read on

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So who is scum, beet?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Why sal, Hal? I thought you were pals.

Because he is mal?

I don't like Sal for a few reasons

1. Likes 2 Penny's take on content game early on but later flips to having "suspicion" of 2P that doesn't have a lot of justification, then only votes him weakly at the end of the day

2. Seems to be tunneled on Lumpen, but why? Because of content game? Unclear why he has this hard read

3. Over the top defense and buddying of b- that he has declared will carry through the whole game.

These are some fairly hard opinions that are not justified by Sal's posting, I think town Sal is going to be a little more circumspect and would be prodding at his scum/town reads more and not just voting

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Did you guys skip my post where I said it's OMGUS? I don't like playing Mafia with Lumpen. That's part of my posts. I don't like content game so early because it's scummy and pointless white noise.

B- is a strong town read for me, opinions can change, but as of now I wouldn't vote for him.

If you want to cuddle me for that then fine. You are going to cuddle a townie.

I did read all that, but I don't think OMGUS I don't like playing with this guy is a great reason to push someone for two days and I would think you'd have more but that's fine

This new statement about b- is much more rational than what you posted earlier that was "I won't vote for b- today or any day"

Hmmmm makes some cases on people besides lumpen

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t like this Sal push at all. I won’t vote Sal.

Would you consider voting for him on future days?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

charms posted:

I didn't see Sal's vote until after I posted that diatribe. Since my case for Lumpen is virtually the same as my case for RF, after I saw Sal's post I thought it made more sense to double up on Lumpen rather than solovote again.

It may have helped if you let us know you had the same case on Lumpen as you did for RF

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

It may have helped if you let us know you had the same case on Lumpen as you did for RF

Oh you did sort of mention that in your original post, I missed that the first time

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##unvote for now, want to think on a couple things

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

Noted. (They call this one “powerwolfing”.)

Wtf is powerwolfing

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was sure power wolfing was what I did at lunch

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

hmmm out of etr or sal I’d vote etr because at least sal is posting

Probably feel the same way but I also note Sal was here to chitchat about stuff but not really actually contribute to scum hunting

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

I have seen it! The card say we're all going to vote ETR, then with like a day left Amni posts that they're being replaced, and we all leave that vote at the 11th hour for some weird apathy vote because someone said something vaguely awkward.

Lumpen posted:

Deadline is in less than 6 hours.

drat it I was coming to post that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Better to vote binus now and deal with ETR later. If they don't post today they get modkilled anyways

But I don't really want to vote binus I would rather ##vote RF

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

Not Voting (3): Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Mr. Steak

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about :siren: 5 hours, 38 minutes.:siren:

Put down a vote.

Name your three top suspects, let's get to consensus.

My earlier List is still accurate. I will happily vote any if B-minus1, CPig, or SalTheBard.

Too late friend I already voted

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Guys I do not think b- or Sal will vote each other.

If probably rather do RF or ETR at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

actually I think my incredible ability to sniff out scum is slightly out of alignment this game and that the scum is, in fact, Hal and not Sal.

##Vote hal

:rolleyes: