Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

hunnert car pileup posted:

The Castrol WSBK livery was perfection

The Castrol Ford GT last year was tits also.

God I miss tobacco liveries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/ElijahWhosoever/status/1221227928815575040?s=19

This is the only time nascar announcing has been worth a poo poo.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Driving during the anthem is more disrespectful than kneeling, dont @ me or boo because I'm right

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/billmcclure3/status/1226969076746084363?s=19

Some days I love twitter.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

:wtc:

Well, there's NASCAR's justification for taking races from Dover and Pocono in favor of ISC properties.

And nothing of value was lost.

But they'll just give em to kansas and chicago so it's a wash.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Also, been a good week. Met Bubba, who was loving awesome. Met Tony and Larson again, which was fun. Got lots of dirt thrown in my face, and had a loving blast.

All in all went to four nights of dirt for less than a Daytona ticket, and bonus no trump

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Reynold posted:

Drone cam is neat, sure, but mostly useless when everybody is going flat out around an oval.

Drone cam is great for road courses and rovals. I would honestly love to see it at places like Sebring or Road America, especially to show the different class battles and speed differences.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
One of my cats and youngest dog have been doing the same thing, and they've never gave a poo poo. Wonder what it is.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Newman learns his lesson about blocking.

Any other driver and I'd probably feel bad, but no neck Koch sponsor can eat a loving fat one.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Dik Hz posted:

Is Newman alive?

Dude has made his career out of throwing lovely blocks, and has never showed an ounce of remorse or given a poo poo no matter what happens. The times I've met him he was an absolute cock even to his fans.

Like I'm not hoping he died, but poo poo like that is the eventual result of racing like that and not once being punished for it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Dik Hz posted:

Y'know, any time you you follow up "I'm not hoping he's dead" with a "but", you should be aware of how hosed up your opinions are.

Honestly, I didnt see the second hit before I posted. I thought he just rolled.

That is loving horrific.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Hopkins FBI posted:

And he was just talking about how NASCAR has done "tremendous things with safety" yesterday...

Which is basically a death sentence, because hes never loving right.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Holy gently caress that's loving amazing. Jesus.... he's either the luckiest or toughest man I've ever seen.

Have you seen his neck? He probably broke the hans

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/Justin_Fiedler/status/1229809884901888000?s=19

Fuel Can: The Thread

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Dale saved him

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
He needs to buy every welder and fabricator on that team whatever the gently caress they want in life.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

Blaney said the other night he got to the point where he realized he wasn't winning the race and his goal was to try and push Newman across the line so a Ford would win over a Toyota.

So his hospitalization was due to oxygen deprivation?

He also said that point was when newman flew down on the block. Which then caused the wreck.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I dont know how much crossover there is, but when Dinner with Racers dropped 17 podcasts the other day it included a lot of nascar guys.

Ray Evernham, kyle petty, David kaemmer (not nascar guy, but he was behind the papyrus games), boris said, Geoff bodine, terry labonte, and morgan shepherd. Plus their back catalog has a ton more, and their amazon show has episodes about The Poster and smokey.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/marcuslemonis/status/1231282831705309184?s=19

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

hunnert car pileup posted:

All racers are unlikable whitebread corporate fucks.

Just root for chaos. And whoever isn't Austin Dillon.

Bubba is cool as gently caress.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

big nipples big life posted:

Suarez can't catch a break.

That's the one thing he can catch.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Nascar Twitter is amazing this week.

Honestly it's better than any of the on track product short of trucks, which are also the cause of one of the newest issues. I love it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
The next person that bitches about "I cant go buy a car with a single lug!" needs to be loving shot for the good of humanity.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

Let's ask the only opinion that matters:

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/1234596322566713346

Uh oh.

https://twitter.com/JoeyMeier/status/1234661425269768192

Well, that's Brad K's former spotter (also, NH3 spotter voice) and, judging from his Twitter bio, Dale Jr's new pilot. Maybe pick the NEXT, next person?

Hes agreeing with me. So nah, my point stands.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

kidcoelacanth posted:

Day before the 500, Xfinity doubleheader

I vote trucks and arca run at the same time. While they're making improvements, might as well start multi class as well. Cant do xfinity and cup on the oval at the same time, or people will finally see that xfinity is usually a more entertaining car.

Just imagine arca, trucks, xfinity and cup on the daytona roval together.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Horrible winner, entertaining race. Who knew fans were right for screaming for this combo

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cygni posted:

drivers busting "track limits" rocks in all cirucmstances. if you dont want em driving out there, make it grass. thats the track owners problem... so in NASCAR, thats nearly always NASCARs problem. trying to use rules to keep people from going out there is dumb and bad.

As long as its applied evenly.

SRO this weekend at COTA had a qualifying time get disallowed for track limits, and then allowed passing via that same spot for every race all weekend.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
This looks like my rookie street stock races.

I love it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Vando posted:

Welcome to hell: the Gooncar Binston Cup! Saturdays 2240UTC!

This series uses the 'legacy' Chevy Silverado truck, which is part of the free content package. All tracks used are free except Iowa, and if you make it to Iowa you're probably invested enough to buy the best goddamn oval in the game.

There's a 2 week break because on those dates 80% of the regulars will be running one of the road endurance events (Suzuka 12hrs, Nurburgring 24hrs respectively).

Oh I am so in on this.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

algebra testes posted:

Normally open but gooncar is chill and I doubt someone is gonna run a super dope setup or anything.

There was one guy who kept backing the field up on an oval because "he was the leader and he set the pace" which caused us to run an entire race under yellow because of collisions on restarts lol.

Edit this was 5(?) Years ago tho lol.

There is almost nothing more annoying on ovals than the guy on pole slow rolling a loving start

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

He just got that thing like yesterday. loving hilarious.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/FactsNascar/status/1251926219794329607?s=19

Spaced God posted:

This iracing series is good actually because it just cuts to Kevin Harvick eating salad and reading on his phone while he gets mandatory repairs

Also lol DiBenedeto got parked for taking out Preece

https://twitter.com/RyanPreece_/status/1251944494649544707?s=19

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Elephanthead posted:

Its just Kyle Busch doing laps until he wins in those races.

Just Busch vs ruch(?) for eternity.

I'd say decker but she's too busy wrecking everyone in street stocks in iracing to be a concern to anyone.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

harperdc posted:

give us the Olds, Pontiac and the Buick ffs

[edit] they did however choose to include cars from the year of The Poster :tinfoil:

*fires up gimp* easiest livery there ever was

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/CBJSprague24/status/1262126192045539328/photo/1

Part of it has been an abnormal slump by HMS but, with that wreck, the winless streak is now 100 races.

It's so great.

Also, I love that even with no fans hamlin still has a loving ziploc stuck to the front of his car.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

big nipples big life posted:

Kennseth proving why he should have a ride if he wants one.

That car has been loving death loose for 30+ laps and dude just keeps on loving trucking. I was never a kenseth fan, but that's some impressive driving period, much less with being the first time in the car.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So do the teams usually swap out pit crew members or are they usually the same crews from race to race?

Running 2 races a week is probably going to take a pretty big toll on the drivers and also the pit crews if they don't rotate.

I mean sure they do lots of practice and qualifying during the week so maybe it's not so crazy... might get some fun drama come June when these guys are not going to be getting much time to cool off after people dump them in the wall...

Oh god I cannot wait for petulant KyBu and even more loving annoying chase.

Bowyer will remain drunk and his attitude will not change.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

You don't need fans to have a poorly-placed adhesive sponsor banner peel off the wall at a track where wall contact is par for the course. :eng101:

Blue Emu fired bubba, made larson say the n word, and then tried to take out multiple cars. It's amazing the impact they've had on the sport so far, tbh.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Because gently caress chase, that's why.

I missed petulant KyBu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Pinecone Sample posted:

how has Todd Gilliland's tire not blown apart yet

Way to jinx, dick