Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

*ding ding ding*
It's Battle Season in BYOB!! Time to see what my fellow yobbers are made of and if you really are all as tough, brutal and relentless as the grey forums always say.

Here's how to enter the ring and bring glory:
Step 1: Post whatever ITT
Step 2: If someone quotes your post, the two posts fight
Step 3: The crowd decides who wins by emptyquoting the winning post
Step 4: The winner takes it all, the loser gets probed

It's that simple!
Posts can be anything: a joke, a drawing, a discussion, a picture of your pet, a song, a photoshop, a video, whatever goes! The challenging post can be a cool follow up, but does not have to be related to the post it attacks - although it might make sense to have some sort of connection, as else the crowd (or I) might turn against you. Either way, if your post gets less votes than the other one for whatever reason, you will be probed and can enter the ring again after 6 hours.
Emptyquoting to vote for a winner means both quoting without any comment or commenting like "lol", "this one wins" and similar short answers to show your appreciation for the post. Be careful though, if your vote actually appears like a follow up or challenge, I may as well just throw you both in the ring and you fight anyways!

There's no minimum or maximum number of votes needed to win or lose, I'll just end the voting and declare a winner after a bit. If in doubt, I will decide who wins based on my completely arbitrary judgment of what post I like more.

Now, who of you maggots is ready for some FIGHTING??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Alright, let's see what you folks did while I was sleeping like a baby toughen my fists in the wilderness

Round 1 - owlhawk vs. cda

cda wins with 3 votes to none!

Round 2 - magic cactus vs. cda

magic cactus posted:

*cracks arthritic knuckles, wincing slightly*

let's dance.

cactus wins with 3 votes to none!

Round 3 - Myself vs. el dorito

el dorito posted:

I challenge thee

I win with ALL THE VOTES FOR ME, what you think you can challenge ME?! You are not prepared!!

Round 4 - owlhawk vs. SWR

owlhawk911 posted:

if i lose enough of these can i just be banned and/or stoned in the town square?

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Stones In the Town Square: My Gap Year

Still waiting for results

Round 5 - Chubby vs. nut

ChubbyChecker posted:

whatever ITT

Still waiting for results, currently 2 votes to none for nut

Additionally, cactus delivered one follow up against cda (which can't be counted, as he already won the fight) and challenged several valid votes with additional attacks, I leave it up to the authors of the votes if they want to accept that challenge by posting a counter-attack on cactus or if they want to let that opportunity for eternal glory pass. The challenges in question are:

magic cactus posted:

Here is a joke:

Q: Did you hear about what happened to the avant-garde hangman?

A: He was fired for having good ideas, but poor execution

:rimshot:

magic cactus posted:

I should probably mention that's crossposted from the GBS garfield eats thread, just so folks don't get any inflated ideas about my photoshop skills. I don't fight dirty.
If you got challenged, you may respond to those respectively to enter the ring, or if you did not get challenged yet, you may also separately fight those posts, since EVERYTHING you post ITT might also end up in the ring! :blastu:
Except for votes, which you can (but don't have to) deny entry for.

Also, there are some unchallenged posts up as well, feel free to brawl!!

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 3, 2020

Goons Are Gifts

Round 6 - DB vs. himself

Dick Bastardly posted:

making a post and then not reading the thread and forgetting about it and then getting a surprise probe and being real confused and sad that i was terrible enough to get probed in byob but then realizing that i am actually loved

Dick Bastardly posted:

am i doing this right?

DB wins and loses, for this will be a guaranteed bloodbath!!

Goons Are Gifts

Updates:
Round 4 - owlhawk vs. SWR

owlhawk911 posted:

if i lose enough of these can i just be banned and/or stoned in the town square?

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Stones In the Town Square: My Gap Year

With a brutal 0-0 I will take a vote here and declare SWR the winner to answer owlhawk's question with a clear and decisive yes!

Round 5 - Chubby vs. nut

ChubbyChecker posted:

whatever ITT

nut gloriously takes the win on this one with three votes to none!

Round 7 - Lucavi vs. DB

Lucavi posted:

I punch u

Dick Bastardly posted:

i run from where i am to where your fist is going and i put my face there

A brutal fight right here, currently 2-2 and even though I would normally take this opportunity to veto a winner, my personal feelings for Lucavi would make this unfair on a level even I cannot defend, so I will wait for at least one more vote on either party to decide who takes the throne on this, so vote away!!

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 4, 2020

Goons Are Gifts

edit I spoke too soon :argh:

Goons Are Gifts

owlhawk911 posted:

just wanted to say it hurts my heart and makes me feel very unwelcome getting probed 5hrs before bedtime (worst time) despite clearly winning 1-0

the honourable thing to do here would be to probe urself with a heartfelt apology as is the way of our people

Oh no, I missed the crowd's will on this one, I'm so sorry, my steel muscles must have absorbed the crowd demanding action and my eyes were just too muscular to properly read this thread!!
As is the honorable way of the Warrior, your request is valid and I will probe myself for mistakingly probing you. It's what you would have wanted. :douche:

I will never let you down again, my proud warriors.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goons Are Gifts

Round 7 - Lucavi vs. DB

Lucavi posted:

I punch u

Dick Bastardly posted:

i run from where i am to where your fist is going and i put my face there

The bloodshed is finally over, with a merciless 5-4 my secret love Lucavi takes the win and DB, who fought honorably and for an extended time, will take his rightful place in valhalla.

Round 8 - ulvir vs. super mario batali

ulvir posted:

pucker up i’m here to claim my prize

super mario batali posted:

I put on my wizard hat and cloak
Currently awaiting results!

As promised, I am now finally at home and will gladly fall on my sword for failing to recognize owl's glorious win.

Goons Are Gifts

Round 9 - treasure bear vs uxzuigal

treasure bear posted:

i will battle u

Uxzuigal posted:

I will make french toast out of you.

Told ya!
Awaiting results for this brutal encounter!

Goons Are Gifts

Holy poo poo, we are in a :siren: WARZONE :siren: now!!
Update:

treasure bear posted:

i will battle u

Uxzuigal posted:

Told ya!
Currently 1-1 and not yet over!

THE MEGA ROUND 11 - Lucavi vs. DB

Lucavi posted:

ok so who's next

I have some energy I need to vent

Lucavi posted:

*blocks front*
*blocks chin*

*performs Five-Point-Palm Exploding-Heart-Technique*

Lucavi posted:

it's over, now walk 5 steps

Lucavi posted:

prepare to die
vs.

Dick Bastardly posted:

*picks self up offf the floor from last bashing, raises hand and grins a less toothy grin*

Dick Bastardly posted:

*mashes buttons frantically, crying*

Dick Bastardly posted:

but there's sharks in this lagoon :ohdear:

Dick Bastardly posted:

yes, Inigo Montoya, sir

but I must say it was not I who killed your father, however I will die as a temporary substitute in your father's honor

It's actually four separate fights that are going on here, I decided to sum it all up into one mega fight!
Whoever loses this will get an extra brutal recovery probe for the magical 12 hour duration (assuming I get an admin to approve it, else it'll be a 6er), and the grand champion of this amazing battle will be given a free forums certificate of your choice by me!
Crowd, please choose your winner carefully given this drastically risen value of this amazing battle!

Goons Are Gifts

The crowd sits silent and can't decide what to do, currently 1-0 for DB in the great fight, let me say this in the most Jeb voice possible: Please clap

Goons Are Gifts

:siren: UPDATES :siren:

Round 8 - ulvir vs. super mario batali

ulvir posted:

pucker up i’m here to claim my prize

super mario batali posted:

I put on my wizard hat and cloak
Ends with a solid and honorable 1-0 for ulvir!

treasure bear posted:

i will battle u

Uxzuigal posted:

Told ya!
This stayed at a fair 1-1, so I let the gods of luck rule over this one by via coinflip, which landed on Uxzuigal as the winner!

THE MEGA ROUND 10 (sorry I said 11 earlier, it's 10 unless I'm bad at counting) - Lucavi vs. DB

Lucavi posted:

ok so who's next

I have some energy I need to vent

Lucavi posted:

*blocks front*
*blocks chin*

*performs Five-Point-Palm Exploding-Heart-Technique*

Lucavi posted:

it's over, now walk 5 steps

Lucavi posted:

prepare to die
vs.

Dick Bastardly posted:

*picks self up offf the floor from last bashing, raises hand and grins a less toothy grin*

Dick Bastardly posted:

*mashes buttons frantically, crying*

Dick Bastardly posted:

but there's sharks in this lagoon :ohdear:

Dick Bastardly posted:

yes, Inigo Montoya, sir

but I must say it was not I who killed your father, however I will die as a temporary substitute in your father's honor

So this got less of a crowd reaction than expected, but nevertheless, it is a 5-0 for DB! That means DB wins the grand forum cert, please pm me with which you want, then I'll buy it for you!
Lucavi, my lovely friend, I am so sorry, but you lost and must have to go on the bench for a few hours to heal. Since the admins are currently very busy due to unbyob stuff, I rather not annoy them with getting a 12er approved and just go with a regular 6er (please don't be mad about this, but the sooner people can post again the better anyways!).

Another huge rear end fight. which I summed up into a big one!
Round 11 (the real 11 now) - Dell Zincht vs. COAD

Dell_Zincht posted:

I want to fight

Dell_Zincht posted:

Not Lucavi though I don't fight girls

Dell_Zincht posted:

Let's do this
vs.

Crime on a Dime posted:

This is quite clear.

Crime on a Dime posted:

She is out of your league

Crime on a Dime posted:

You’re done.

Currently on a 1-0 for Dell, awaiting further results!
Same rules as with the other mega-round, the winner gets a free cert of your choice! The loser gets a regular 6er as before.

FIIIIIIIIGHT!

Goons Are Gifts

Still punching, still kicking

Round 11 - Dell Zincht vs. COAD

Dell_Zincht posted:

I want to fight

Dell_Zincht posted:

Not Lucavi though I don't fight girls

Dell_Zincht posted:

Let's do this

Dell_Zincht posted:

Looks like i'm done for even though my opponent is already on probation!
vs.

Crime on a Dime posted:

This is quite clear.

Crime on a Dime posted:

She is out of your league

Crime on a Dime posted:

You’re done.

Looks to me a like good fight ending 3-2 for COAD, hurray! Please PM me to tell me what cert you'd like to get!

Round 12 - Dell vs. DB

Dell_Zincht posted:

And I was in your corner, too :(

Dick Bastardly posted:

I thought the competition was too easy for ya :evilbuddy:

Oh oh oh, after a shocking turn of events during the vote in the big battle, it looks like these two are off to no good! You better get in the ring, because the crowd can vote for or against you!!

Round 13 - old friend vs. Uxzuigal

old friend posted:

Heh, an easy victory. Come back when you've trained harder

Uxzuigal posted:

So you think this is easy?
Why are you so tough, acting sleezy?

I don't need to train,
To put your name to shame,
This is it, my game!

You claim to be an old friend,
But all I can see is a bellend.
Someone picking on the weak,
So cocky, impatient and sleek..
But now, all you do is weep!

*mic drop*
Now that was brutal, with a blood splattering 4-0 Ux takes this victory almost as easily as old friend said!

That leaves only Round 12 open for votes currently, feel free to get both votes in or enter the ring, we will only consider stopping the bloodshed when there's no more glory to get! Or when they have really good pizza next door at least.

Goons Are Gifts

Round 12 - Dell vs. DB

Dell_Zincht posted:

And I was in your corner, too :(

Dick Bastardly posted:

I thought the competition was too easy for ya :evilbuddy:

In a shocking turn of events, dell gets his bloody vengeance and defeats DB in a 5-0, with DB sacrificing himself as well!
DB requested to not be probated for a specific timeframe in order to not interfere with another forum game, which is why I waited a bit to resolve this round. I hope it's fine now!

Round 14 - HP vs. owl

Heather Papps posted:

I dont know if it'd even be fair. Maybe if I post without vowels or something

owlhawk911 posted:

please schedule my probation for approximately 11pm CST, as i need to sleep and cannot stop posting. i would like to courteously request Johannes Brahms' "Wiegenlied: Guten Abend, Gute Nacht", Op. 49, No. 4 as accompaniment. god bless us, each and every one

The fighting may never end

Goons Are Gifts

Round 14 - HP vs. owl

Heather Papps posted:

I dont know if it'd even be fair. Maybe if I post without vowels or something

owlhawk911 posted:

please schedule my probation for approximately 11pm CST, as i need to sleep and cannot stop posting. i would like to courteously request Johannes Brahms' "Wiegenlied: Guten Abend, Gute Nacht", Op. 49, No. 4 as accompaniment. god bless us, each and every one
What a bloodshed, ending in a brutal 5-1 with HP desperately trying to vote more than once, even though owl had no difficulty winning this properly!

Round 15 - SeaGoatSupreme vs. excellent bird guy

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Come at me you flea-bitten turd huffers

I need to taste some fists to get your moms out of my mouth

We are going up into naval-air warfare here, currently sitting at 1-0 for the bird!

Goons Are Gifts

Alright I kinda forgot to post an update because I was busy training my steel muscles in the wilderness, sorry.

Round 15 - SeaGoatSupreme vs. excellent bird guy

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Come at me you flea-bitten turd huffers

I need to taste some fists to get your moms out of my mouth

Aaaand scene! With a final 3-0 the excellent bird takes this fight home!

With this battle being over, I am announcing the closure of new submissions. You now have a last chance to fight a last round, once I post itt again all battles will be decided and this thread can go to its final resting place (beyond page 3 of byob). The glory you earned here will forever be remembered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

And with that the final battle is over! What an exciting fight on all fronts. We officially end the battle royal fight club (for now) with

Round 16 - HP vs Dell

Heather Papps posted:

Ok! Good luck I have an advanced technique
vs

Dell_Zincht posted:

I'll fight u

Assuming bird wanted to vote for dell here (you should have used the quoting post for that) this would be a clean 2-1 for HP, if that wasn't a vote it's even going 2-0!
Either way, HP won and will take the glory of being the last winner in this epic tale of brutality.

You may all post freely now, may your muscles be steel and your mind even steeler.