Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Favorite cheeses and cheese combinations for grilled cheese? Also what kind of non-tomato soup do you like to go with them?*

*Tomato soup is the best choice obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Thanks for the ideas, I like hearing what other people make for "regular" meals.

Edit: I've decided to try a Thai Coconut Curry Carrot soup.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 7, 2020

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is it safe to leave butter on the counter, in maybe a glass container with a lid? I don't have a.. butter holder and I was always told growing up that it's unsafe.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The language of a coward that wants to live longer.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I just realized I forgot to thank everyone for the butter answers, so thanks!

I also have another small question; when cooking with oil, especially in a cast iron, should I add the oil when the pan is hot and let it heat up, or put the oil in when I turn the heat on and let it all warm? I've seen it both ways so maybe it depends on what I'm making.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've got four decent sized carrots and four huge parsnips and I want to make a soup from them. I have turkey stock, milk, a decent selection of spices. I also have a regular blender and an immersion blender. What's the simplest way from here, and anything else I should add or substitute?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

toplitzin posted:

Turkey noodle soup.

Sautee/get some color on the diced carrot and parsnip, add the stock, spice to your flavor liking. Serve over noodles cooked separately. (or with mazto balls if you're feeling jew-y)

Would the milk make it creamy, to go with rice maybe, or would the flavors be weird and not creamy enough?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

toplitzin posted:

I'd take the milk and rice and make rice pudding for dessert.

Fair enough, thanks for the answers. I love rice pudding so that sounds great.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I picked up a pack of skin on chicken drumsticks and a variety of sauces, what's the best way to cook and sauce these? I have peanut oil and a basket to fry, or is baking better? Do I need to batter them or is the skin the important part?

I've grown to love chicken wings but they're always tiny and expensive and I got these drumsticks for $6 and figure they can't be that hard to make.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

If smoking is an option you should def do that.

It is not, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

As I'm a fatass that eats horribly, I'd like to change up my lunches. I deliver chips so most of the time I'm eating garbage from a gas station or grocery store. I do have a cooler but typically no way to warm food. Any goon favorites for easy lunches that can hold together for a few hours in a cooler, or don't need to be refrigerated, that can just be grabbed in the morning? Obviously there are sandwiches and such but I'm OK with varying it up.