Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

HM: Liger Retirement Match, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14, 04/01

Had zero expectations for this and they crushed it

nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

HM: FinnJuice vs. Guerrilas of Destiny, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14, 04/01

nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
MOTYC: IWGP United States Heavyweight Title Match: Jon Moxley vs. Lance Archer, 1/04 Wrestle Kingdom 14

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
MOTYC: IWGP Junior Heavyweight: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Will Ospreay (c), Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1, 1/04

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Kota Ibushi for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1

Absolutely incredible from the entrances to the outfits to the wrestling to the character work to the facial expressions to the ending. Just the absolute best possible wrestling from the best possible wrestlers in the world today.

nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Zack Sabre Jr vs. SANADA, NJPW WrestleKingdom 14 Night 2, 1/5

nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM: Jon Moxley vs Juice Robinson Wrestlekingdom 14 Night 2

nth. also

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Minoru Suzuki WrestleKingdom 14 01/05.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kota Ibushi vs. Switchblade Jay White - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 2

A complete clusterfuck and a mess of a match but extremely entertaining and terrifying.

nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chris Jericho, NJPW WrestleKingdom 14 Night 2, 1/5

the real poo poo nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Shingo Takagi & EVIL - NJPW New Year Dash 1/6

BEEF BEEF BEEF FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE BITTER END ALL BEEF ALL THE TIME SO MUCH loving BEEF!

nth the beef.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: Ortiz & Santana vs. Kenny Omega & Hangman Page vs. Chuck Taylor & Trent vs. Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson, AEW Dynamite 1/15

nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

HM: Jon Moxley vs. Sammy Guevara, Dynamite 1/15

nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MOTYC: PAC vs. Darby Allin, Dynamite, 1/15

nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Omega/Page vs. SCU, AEW Dynamite 1/22

nth.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
MOTYC: Chris Jericho Cruise vs. Judas by Fozzy, AEW Dynamite 1/22

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

HM: Jericho, Ortiz, & Santana vs. Jurassic Express, Dynamite 1/22

nth, yeah the match was good too.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

May legit be the worst Royal Rumble I've ever seen. Exact opposite of the Women's where the good ending couldn't forgive the TERRIBLE opening half.

Compare/Contrast to the one where Big Show and Kane have an extended sequence of beating up and throwing out all of the crowd favorites like literal sacks of poo poo.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Moxley, Taguchi and RPG3k vs. Suzuki, Douki, Kanemaru and El Desperado - NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo 2/2

Incredibly fun and full of action with a great pre-match and post-match sequence involving Moxley and Suzuki.

MOTYC: ZSJ (C) vs. Will Ospreay for the RevPro British Undisputed Heavyweight Championship - NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo 2/2

Slow start, really surprising heavy grappling focus to begin from Ospreay and then things really picked up and the transitions and the counters and the incredibly smart and well-timed things both wrestlers did to make BOTH of them look fantastic was just an absolute joy to watch. Incredible match.

nth. really glad I watched both of these matches.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

HM: CHAOS (Okada, Ospreay, YOH, and SHO) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, ZSJ, Despy, and Kanemaru) in an Elimination Match - NJPW Road to the New Beginning - 2/4

Holy gently caress this match was a loving blast, just so much fun with such good wrestling.

nth.

first the match was good, then the Despy/YOH elimination happened and it kicked into another gear.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

blast0rama posted:

MOTYC: The Butcher & The Blade and Lucha Bros (Pentagon & Fenix) vs. Kenny Omega, Hangman Page and the Young Bucks - AEW Dynamite, February 5, 2020.

3rd.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MOTYC: Page/Omega vs. SCU, Dynamite 2/12

no joke, you could say this was a five star match and i wouldn't argue

nth.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
MOTYC: Nyla Rose vs. Riho (c) AEW World Women's Championship Match, AEW DYNAMITE 02/12.

loving wow.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Tag Team Battle Royal, AEW Dynamite 2/19

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Kris Statlander vs. Shanna, AEW Dynamite 2/19

nth.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

blast0rama posted:

MOTYC: Lucha Bros vs. Omega/Page - AEW Dynamite, Feb 19, 2020. gently caress!

nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

HM: Cody/ Wardlow, Steel Cage match, Dynamite, 2/19

nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: PAC vs Kenny Omega, half-hour ironman match, AEW Dynamite 2/26

nth.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

yeah.

HM: Darby Allin vs. Sammy Guevara AEW Revolution 02/29

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
MOTYC: Cowboy Bebop (Adam Page and Kenny Omega vs. The Young Bucks, AEW World Tag Team Title Match AEW Revolution, 02/29

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Cody vs. MJF - AEW Revolution 2/29

A complete loving mess and I loved it.

you know what, nth.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: PAC vs. Orange Cassidy - AEW Revolution 2/29

This isn't irony, this was a genuinely great match even outside of just how much fun it was. I was smiling ear to ear from start to finish.

nth.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

motyc: Jon Moxley vs. Chris Jericho, AEW Revolution 2/29

nth.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Evil Badman posted:

I think the story they were trying to tell was that Cody endured all the stipulations and finally had MJF where he wants him, and he knows he can beat him in the ring. That's why he didn't chase into the crowd at beginning. It's an interesting attempt, but yeah fell flat.

Yeah, Cody was treating it as a victory lap, and after realizing it I kind of dig the match more.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

HM: Darby vs Jericho and Guevara

yes, nth.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Kris Statlander vs. Riho vs. Hikaru Shida vs. Penelope Ford - AEW Dynamite 3/18

They busted their asses for this one. Still think it's worth an HM despite the botch.

hell yeah nth.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I'm going to assume that DDT at least has done a tag match where one of the wrestlers is representing both opposing teams :)

I don't have a DDT match, but there is Cody Rhodes and Bob Holly vs. Ted DiBiase Jr and ... Cody Rhodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OEzg0_XQZA

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Congratulations to Lance Archer for joining Jon Moxley and Chris Jericho in the list of people who have had MOTYCs this year for both AEW and NJPW.

Has anyone else had matches in both aside from those three this year?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
HM: Team High Risk vs. The Young Bucks, Being the Elite April 06, 2020.

A match I found super fun with some actually cool offense from the jobber team (with that being part of the story), it might have just been the AEW California peeps showcasing their creativity while unable to get to the Dynamite taping site.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

TTBF posted:

HM Britt Baker vs Hikaru Shider - AEW Dynamite - April 8th

Nth.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

HM: Best Friends/"Best Friends", Dynamite 4/8

Nth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Scorpio Sky vs Brandon Cutler vs Peter Avalon BTE Episode 199

A real solid match with some real solid storytelling.

nth, I'm really looking forward to the eventual Avalon v. Cutler match.