Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Don’t really have an opinion besides “kinda sucks a lot for the “new” actor, they probably should had the original dub actor’s blessing first though to avoid this exact poo poo show” but the 30+ year voiceover veteran going out of their way to be passive aggressive to everyone that said “that sure sucks” is pretty lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It reminds me of the whole thing with Bayonetta's VA from last year, like you have a point maybe but being an rear end in a top hat about it isn't doing you any favors in making it

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
so many voice actors are lethally online these days and it’s not going anywhere good

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Just seems like a mess all around and not the kind of thing you want to Just Post Through?

E: Looking it up I actually forgot just how much Yoruichi was in TYBW, probably on account of never actually finishing it

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 23, 2023

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

It reminds me of the whole thing with Bayonetta's VA from last year, like you have a point maybe but being an rear end in a top hat about it isn't doing you any favors in making it

She didn't even have a point! She exaggerated everything about the situation out of proportion

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Lee doesn’t have a point either.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Fame, even in middling amounts, is brain poison.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Nodosaur posted:

A professional poc actor getting forced out of a role by a major company and a white predecessor is about more than just “drama” but whatever.

No, it's just drama

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

okay people i finally finished the series up to the part where Ichigo finally defeats Aizen. well, finally saw it again technically. saw it over a decade ago but missed a whole bunch of poo poo before that (hueco mundo, fake kurakara town, etc.). battle was as anti-climactic as i remember. there was also a whole lotta dumb poo poo involved along the way that i'll talk about later.

but for now, i'm wondering. is the arc immediately after (with the gigais taking over) worth watching? i hear it's filler, so i'm fine skipping it unless there's a compelling reason not to.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

The Fullbringer arc is a mess and very Kubo. It has a neat setup and some cool characters and moments, but the second half just drops the ball completely and devolves into, well, good ol Bleach I guess? Watch it if you dig bleach fights, but you won’t miss any important plot beats if you skip it.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Fullbringer arc is actually awesome except it clearly gets editorially cancelled and just suddenly wraps up in the span of like four chapters.

None of the filler is worth watching, but I am biased and think Bleach has an absolutely terrible anime adaptation that isn’t generally worth watching anyway (except this last arc which slaps). Top tier soundtrack though!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I don’t think that’s a blistering hot take, even Kubo wasn’t a fan of the pre Blood War stuff iirc.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

wait, the stuff with the gigais/clones is the fullbringers? i thought those weren't filler?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's not. your question about the next filler arc was completely ignored in favor of an unprompted fullbring arc discussion.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
To answer your actual question, the only filler arc that is worth watching is Zanpakuto Tales, since it has surprisingly good animation, some fun square ups you otherwise don't get to see in the main series, and gives the Zan spirits a chance to flex a little. All other filler can be safely skipped.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Sydin posted:

To answer your actual question, the only filler arc that is worth watching is Zanpakuto Tales, since it has surprisingly good animation, some fun square ups you otherwise don't get to see in the main series, and gives the Zan spirits a chance to flex a little. All other filler can be safely skipped.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Adding to that, two of the sword spirits eventually become canon too, though they're kind of just cameos more than characters.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7opd_2MbJMw

Are you ready for Ichigo to fall down a tower!?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

nel is so beautiful...

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Gologle posted:

I’ll take two, please!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

At least Senjumaru got to use her bankai this time even though they show Uryu confronting her and the trapped sternritters free and kneeling before Ywach

I guess that means Uryu wins a second meaningful fight in this series

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Given he also used it to break Yhwach out of the tree cage the anime seems to be leaning into Ishida's Antithesis power being extremely broken.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4u0BWuN-QY

oh this is out now

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Isnt Burn the Witch supposed to be semi canon to Bleach just based in England instead of Japan?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yes but that doesn't actually make sense on any level. so, standard kubo.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

Isnt Burn the Witch supposed to be semi canon to Bleach just based in England instead of Japan?

Isn't this series super short, like 3 chapters long? Maybe calling it a series is generous at best 🤔

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

White Light posted:

Isn't this series super short, like 3 chapters long? Maybe calling it a series is generous at best 🤔

I assume he was going to make it a full series if it got a good reception. I don't think it did

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

The first episode of BTW 0.8 is out on Crunchyroll. It's a prequel series to the current 3 EP short. Afaik it is planned to be full length, tho idk if that's 10 or 12 or 13 or more episodes or what.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Burn the Witch is just an excuse for Kubo to draw more cool people in cool fashion, and the links to Bleach will be entirely vibes based.

But I will still hope that it ends with some poo poo that somehow links to No/New Breaths From Hell.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I hope someday Harold Sakuishi and Kubo can collab on a manga together where Sakuishi can write a long narrative and Kubo can make costumes and they both just gush over their niche music interests

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

pork never goes bad posted:

The first episode of BTW 0.8 is out on Crunchyroll. It's a prequel series to the current 3 EP short. Afaik it is planned to be full length, tho idk if that's 10 or 12 or 13 or more episodes or what.

P sure I'm wrong and it's a one-shot being adapted into one episode

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't loving know what they're planning to do with Burn the Witch, like it was a limited run but it was very clearly setting up more and they said there would be another "season" but that was like 2 years ago

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

There's the og limited run of 3 eps and one more 30m long tv special that released today! It might have more episodes, it's not clear to me even a little bit!

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I really want more though. A lot.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

we're gonna burn that witch one day

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
BtW is the hell arc. England is hell.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Burn the Witch was real dumb but the animation style is so good. A feast for the eyes.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Gologle posted:

Do we think they'll add stuff for Chad and Orihime to do. Their additions for Squad Zero make me hope other people get a chance to shine.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Yea I do think so. The manga showed Chad and Ganju reaching some sand golems. I fully expect to see them fight a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Honestly I expect quite a bit of expanded content given the treatment they did for Squad Zero, these are uncharted waters we've been seeing with these past few seasons.