Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Remember when this banger of a match came out and people started thinking that Goto could win the whole thing? (for some reason he also squashed Moxley in a sub-10 minute match or something)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

Remember when this banger of a match came out and people started thinking that Goto could win the whole thing? (for some reason he also squashed Moxley in a sub-10 minute match or something)

They were doing the whole "Goto Revival" thing with him going to the LA Dojo to train with Shibata to get him out of his losing streak plus Jay was constantly calling him out and talking poo poo about him, so the story for him to win it was there.

Also, he was mathematically in with a chance of winning the B block up to the end, and had he beaten Shingo on the final night and all results stayed the same he would have gone on to the final against Ibushi.

I don't think he'd have beaten Ibushi, nor do I think it would have been as good of a match as Jay had during the final, but I can definitely see logical reasons behind Goto being a viable guy to win it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was a goto truther from night three on

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just lol if you ever believed in Chokey Hirooki

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I believe in his ability to achieve the best accolade of all, making me have a good time watching wrestling

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Goto's best shot to get the top belt is now with all the travel restrictions! (Goto still won't win it)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

Just lol if you ever believed in Chokey Hirooki

SA NA DA

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

SA NA DA

:negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God I love how Iizuka turned from a one note character as an active wrestler to an absolutely favorite of mine in his retirement :allears:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

real excited for cards this week. nothin super great but im glad to enjoy nice little cards with a treat at the end. honestly if njpw were ever to have anything resembling a weekly product packaged for western consumption i hope it'd take the model of this week's cards, just 2 hour little shows like this to act as interludes between destination cards

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like most of the njpw wrestlers but i only realize it when they're having a good match that i like, and then i forget after that

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i like most of the njpw wrestlers but i only realize it when they're having a good match that i like, and then i forget after that

This is why I keep a picture of Taichi in a locket around my neck so I can always look at him and say to myself "he had a pretty sick match with Goto that one time"

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I Before E posted:

This is why I keep a picture of Taichi in a locket around my neck so I can always look at him and say to myself "he had a pretty sick match with Goto that one time"

Just ignoring his dope arse trilogy with Ishii from last year...

Taichi does great in many situations. He can hoss off, be a fiery babyface or a loathsome shitheel and he's good at them all

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

some of the great wrestlers are rarer than others. you gotta hold onto your great taichis and sanadas. never let 'em go. they're great

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Just ignoring his dope arse trilogy with Ishii from last year...

There are a lot of great Taichi matches to remember

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I have an autographed photo of EVIL do ya’ll have any cool NJPW merch. I have some really cool shirts too but just ones for the promotion.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I got the ZSJ Hurrah Another Year shirt, it's one of my fave tops to wear on chilling out days

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

I have an autographed photo of EVIL do ya’ll have any cool NJPW merch. I have some really cool shirts too but just ones for the promotion.

The only piece of pro wrestling merch I own is a COLD SKULL SANADA shirt.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I have the LIJ shoes but have never worn them and don't know what I was thinking. The LIJ pumpkin Halloween shirt is my favorite laying around the house shirt

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh, I have a golden lovers towel. That's the best njpw poo poo I own

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I would like to acquire a HOLY EMPEROR TAICHI towel in the future. They don’t seem to be available currently which makes me highly mad

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

I have the LIJ shoes but have never worn them and don't know what I was thinking. The LIJ pumpkin Halloween shirt is my favorite laying around the house shirt

I have the new japan logo halloween shirt its my favorite, very goth.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Do they sell Taichi's tearaway pants anywhere? Asking for a friend

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Do they sell Taichi's tearaway pants anywhere? Asking for a friend

They at least did at one point but I don't see it on the shop right now

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i imagine your nearest strip artist wholesaler has any number of tearaway garments

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I have a bunch of NJPW shirts, a purple/EVIL LIJ one, an Ishii one, the really sweet Tanahashi one that spells GO ACE in guitar tab and an Adam Page BC one.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I got a really awesome día de los muertos themed LIJ shirt at KOPW last year

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I own a HELLOKITTYxNJPW logo tee and my og bullet club hoodie which is v ratty i dont wear it anymore.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

link to the TAICHI PANTALOONS is down, must've sold out

i personally have an l.i.j hoody, tanahashi and suzuki-gun towels, and a few t-shirts (naito - destino, l.i.j - msg edition, tanahashi - go ace, minoru suzuki - 50th birthday/30th anniversary, and an early suzuki-gun t-shirt with guys like takayama and kengo mashimo on the back)

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I have the LIJ hoodie and hat. I also have a framed Okada print my brother got me that hangs above my desk.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I bought the Bushi LIJ shirt because I am a sucker for mist gimmicks

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/okamotospo/status/1290838345950478337?s=19

Shingo teasing exploding barbed wire ropes

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I can't wait for NJPW Underground.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

My buddies and I are taking advantage of the Pro Wrestling Tee's sale and I'm buying a Jay White shirt and a Kota Ibushi shirt.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/EasternLariat/status/1290890725618581509?s=20

DEATH MATCH SHINGO

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Suzuki hears death and comes running in to accept the challenge

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

OZ Academy are doing one the day before. Thank you Shingo for giving me a weekend full of fireworks 🎇

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Wait. today isn’t tomorrow

What the how have I failed so massively

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

extradite THIS! posted:

Wait. today isn’t tomorrow

What the how have I failed so massively

Well there's a NOAH show featuring Go Shiozaki vs Naomichi Marufuji if you're bored & have access to G+ that's starting right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I don’t. I think I might instead get some stuff done now and then tune in for Mei Suruga vs Makoto on Chocopro