Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

forkboy84 posted:

A Tag League tour worth watching for a change

More like they're trying to trick me into watching Tag League. IT'S NOT GONNA WORK, GEDO. Not even Master Wato is going to get me to watch Tag League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

If rumors are true it looks like the tour after g1 is going to be a combination Tag League/Super Junior which should be....something

Presumably meaning reduced blocks for each

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Lions break crown kicking off

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Next weeks Strong has an 8 man tag with Kenta, Jay White and Jeff Cobb in it which tells us that all of Strong was in the can before the g1

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I hope the commentary pretends they are flying back and fore

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
GOD drat THAT BULLET CLUB FLOUTING INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL BANS

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm rewatching Okada/ZSJ from Sakura Genesis '18 and Okada has so many cool Lucha submissions he can bust out, it's ridiculous that he tried to get Red Ink and the Famous Money Clip over when he could be doing Rolling Calf Crushers and Step-over Surfboards instead

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Yeah, but the money clip.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Glad that we're still getting BOSJ this year. Hopefully the G1 means they'll be able to smuggle a few gaijin into the country again and we'll get ELP and Eagles back.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Eagles problem might be getting back into Australia. Due to most of the world just giving up it might weirdly make it tougher for Australia/New Zealand based wrestlers where for awhile it was looking easier

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Eagles problem might be getting back into Australia. Due to most of the world just giving up it might weirdly make it tougher for Australia/New Zealand based wrestlers where for awhile it was looking easier

I'm sure Ospreay will let him crash on his couch :colbert:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Clark Connors is really, really good. Needs to get just a little less nervous on the mic but he could be a major player.

It is a bit funny that his fired up "the lion will break you" promo is followed by "it's a magical sponge that can clean without soap!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

"it's a magical sponge that can clean without soap!"

We love Geckiocki-kun! :neckbeard:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I wish there was a Gekiochi-kun commercial video featuring the LA Dojo that I could share to my friends

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

LION'S BREAK: CROWN
October 2nd at 22:00 EDT/03:00 BST
unknown venue

LION'S BREAK : CROWN 2nd Rd Match:Logan Riegel vs. Clark Connors
LION'S BREAK : CROWN 2nd Rd Match:Danny Limelight vs. Blake Christian
David Finlay, Rocky Romero, Jeff Cobb, and Misterioso vs. Bullet Club (Jay White, KENTA, Chase Owens, and Hikuleo)

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

What are some of Juice's best matches? I got my dad back into wrestling, and Juice is one guy I got him interested in.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Maigius posted:

What are some of Juice's best matches? I got my dad back into wrestling, and Juice is one guy I got him interested in.

His match with Jay White at the San Francisco show in 2018 is probably his finest performance, and pretty much every match he had in the 2019 G1 is good, but the standouts were with Shingo, Ishii, and Moxley. His match with Moxley at the 2019 BOSJ finals is also good but it's more of a Moxley showcase.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Juice had a great match with Goto for the NEVER title in 2018 on the Dontaku tour

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

G1 Special in San Francisco against Jay (the one with Barnett getting legit pissed and entering the ring) for the US belt is probably his single best match and the most Juice Robinson match ever, followed by him versus Kenny at Destruction in Kobe in... 2017? With the suplex off the apron bump.

I’m still pretty sure that’s the only time Kenny has ever pulled out an avalanche One Winged Angel to put someone away, it made Juice look like a million bucks.

Beyond that it’s probably any time he and Okada or he and Tanahashi matched up, but particularly their G1 matches.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

I Before E posted:

His match with Jay White at the San Francisco show in 2018 is probably his finest performance, and pretty much every match he had in the 2019 G1 is good, but the standouts were with Shingo, Ishii, and Moxley. His match with Moxley at the 2019 BOSJ finals is also good but it's more of a Moxley showcase.

Oh man you mean the 2018 G1 when his hand was broken the whole time and he couldn't use the left hand of God!

EDIT:

The Long Beach match vs. Jay White is loving incredible and also in front of a nuclear hot crowd.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Oh man you mean the 2018 G1 when his hand was broken the whole time and he couldn't use the left hand of God!

That also had a lot of good matches but I couldn't remember which ones were my favorites.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Until this G1 I think those matches Jay had with Juice and Finlay were probably my favorite matches from everyone involved. Jay's been having some real bangers lately but I think that's still the hottest match Juice has had.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

SG Bamboo posted:

I'm rewatching Okada/ZSJ from Sakura Genesis '18 and Okada has so many cool Lucha submissions he can bust out, it's ridiculous that he tried to get Red Ink and the Famous Money Clip over when he could be doing Rolling Calf Crushers and Step-over Surfboards instead

I was thinking about that match the other day and lucha submission master Okada was so much fun and I'm sad we don't get to see it more often.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God I had forgotten about that great angle where Juice had the busted hand.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I remember when juice did that dive and missed and landed right on his rear end.

Tough guy.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HUGE DDT SPOILERS

Those Daisuke Sasaki in BOSJ rumours looking more and more believable

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

God I had forgotten about that great angle where Juice had the busted hand.

How could you forget the greatest promo of all time??!

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1008757732005109761

The broken hand era of Juice was great. He was allowed to wrestle as long as he didn't use the left hand of God. He had a really good 2018:

His match vs. Zach Sabre Jr has one of the most insane looking finishing maneuvers I've ever seen

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HUGE DDT SPOILERS

Those Daisuke Sasaki in BOSJ rumours looking more and more believable

didn't see him potentially leaving the company, but then again new japan using a ddt guy as a one off is very unlike their recent booking. jr division could use some reinforcement and while i don't generally follow ddt aside from the biggest shows he def has charisma.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thauros posted:

didn't see him potentially leaving the company, but then again new japan using a ddt guy as a one off is very unlike their recent booking. jr division could use some reinforcement and while i don't generally follow ddt aside from the biggest shows he def has charisma.

Hiromu really wants him there and he's Dick Togo's protégé. I can't see what he does outside of Damnation . I could see Ultimate Party being his send off and him showing up at Power Struggle four days later

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Juice's victory over Switchblade at the cow palace was awesome live. Great match and the shoot run in from Barnett didn't detract from the match due to Switchblade playing off of it to get even more heat. Credit to him for staying cool and just doing the rear end in a top hat Switchblade routine making Barnett look like a meathead.

Juice celebrating his victory by going around the arena chugging beers and eating popcorn for like ten minutes afterwards was hilarious

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Pinche Rudo posted:

Juice's victory over Switchblade at the cow palace was awesome live. s

I'm watching this match again and holy God the crowd is lit.

EDIT:

JR is terrible on commentary holy poo poo.

EDIT:

I forgot how much a nuclear hot crowd can make a match so much better.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Sep 27, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/repalec/status/1310738457820450816?s=19

Way to the Grandmas GILF Hunter Wato

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

He's a very nice boy who wants to visit grandma

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Burn Down Canberra posted:

He's a very nice boy who wants to visit grandma

He's Phillipe from Achewood?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

they should have a video where he goes with tenzan to tenzan's mom's house

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

a tag match was just announced as the fourth match for friday's show featuring everybody's two favorite njpw-usa talents

LION'S BREAK: CROWN
October 2nd at 22:00 EDT/03:00 BST
unknown venue

LION'S BREAK : CROWN 2nd Rd Match:Logan Riegel vs. Clark Connors
LION'S BREAK : CROWN 2nd Rd Match:Danny Limelight vs. Blake Christian
Karl Fredericks and TJP vs. Flip Gordon and Brody King
David Finlay, Rocky Romero, Jeff Cobb, and Misterioso vs. Bullet Club (Jay White, KENTA, Chase Owens, and Hikuleo)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hhhhhhhhhuh.

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1310837603571179520

Happy birthday GWB, NJPW got you one weird-rear end present.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Hhhhhhhhhuh.

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1310837603571179520

Happy birthday GWB, NJPW got you one weird-rear end present.

Wasn't the rumor that he was leaving after the Dome shows?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Wasn't the rumor that he was leaving after the Dome shows?

Yeah, there were rumblings like, almost exactly a year ago that he'd be leaving after WK14, Suzuki too. Then when neither of those things happen, they just dried up until. Uh. Right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
goodbye to coward harold. welcome coward takami (or is it ohbari?)