Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

WRESTLE KINGDOM 15
January 4th at 3:00 AM EST/8:00 GMT/17:00 JST
Preshow at 2:00 AM EST/7:00 GMT/16:00 JST
TOKYO DOME

Preshow - New Japan Rambo:- last four participants advance to KOPW 2021 match on night 2
Special Single Match:Hiromu Takahashi (BOSJ 27 Winner) vs. El Phantasmo (Super J Cup 2020 Winner)
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship:Dangerous Tekkers (c) vs. G.o.D
IWGP US Championship Challenge Contract:KENTA (h) vs. Satoshi Kojima
Special Single Match:Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Great-O-Khan
Special Single Match:Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay
IWGP Double Gold Championship:Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. Kota Ibushi

quote:

WRESTLE KINGDOM 15
January 5th at 3:00 AM EST/8:00 GMT/17:00 JST
Preshow at 2:00 AM EST/7:00 GMT/16:00 JST
TOKYO DOME

Preshow - Stardom Offer Match I: Queen's Quest (Utami Hayashishita, Saya Kamitani, and AZM) vs.Donna del Mondo (Himeka, Maika, and Natsupoi)
Preshow - Stardom Offer Match II:STARS (Mayu Iwatani and Tam Nakano) vs, Donna del Mondo (Giulia and Syuri)
note: neither Stardom match will be streamed
KOPW 2021 4 way Match:X vs. X vs. X vs. X (participants determined by opening night Rumble)
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Championships:Suzuki-gun(c) (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi and Master Wato
NEVER Openweight Championship:Shingo Takagi(c) vs. Jeff Cobb
Special Single Match:SANADA vs. EVIL
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship:Taiji Ishimori(c) vs. winner of Hiromu vs. El-P
IWGP Double Gold Championship:winner of Naito vs. Ibushi (c) vs. Jay White

Links:

NJPW's official English language website

NJPW World Watch all major shows live or on demand for only about $9 a month

NJPW's official Youtube accounts (English) (Japanese)

NJPW's official twitter accounts (Global) (Japanese) (NJPW World)

Senor LARIATO's spreadsheet of must watch matches in the NJPW World Archives

Chris Charlton's twitter providing translations of Japanese language promos and interviews

PUROLOVE has results, schedules, and official gate figures for all puro feds large and small

Voices of Wrestling covers New Japan well and they have an ebook covering new japan's 2019 if you want to catch up

Forum thread for all men's puro outside of NJPW

joshi thread

https://twitter.com/CiaranRH/status/1267404034106851329

Thauros fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

Naito's face in that picture is hilarious.

When is KENTA-Naito happening and the double murder of Moxley-Suzuki?

almost certainly new beginningin osaka in 2/9 for the former.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

First fanasticamania card in Osaka #2 will be streamed with japanese commentary only.

NJPW PRESENTS CMLL FANTASTICA MANIA 2020
January 10th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 BST
Edion Arena #2

Ryusuke Taguchi and Fuego vs. Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and DOUKI)
Audaz, Guerrero Maya Jr, and Yuya Uemura vs. Euforia, Luciferno, and Namajague
Soberano Jr. and Flyer vs. Negro Casas and Tiger
Ángel del Oro, Niebla Roja, and Titán vs. NGD (Sanson, Cuatrero, and Forastero)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Dulce Gardenia, and Yota Tsuji vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi, and BUSHI)
Okumura 25th Anniversary Match:Satoshi Kojima, Carístico, and Stuka Jr. vs. Último Guerrero, Bárbaro Cavernario, and OKUMURA

Friday's show is followed by a bit of a break on World before the Korakuen quadruple shot starting on the 16th. All will be streamed live with english commentary.

January 16th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Fuego and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Namajague and DOUKI
Audaz and Guerrero Maya Jr. vs. Luciferno and Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Dulce Gardenia, and Flyer vs. L.I.J (EVIL, Shingo Takagi, and BUSHI)
Titán and Stuka Jr. vs. Forastero and OKUMURA)
Satoshi Kojima and Carístico vs. Último Guerro and Bárbaro Cavernario
Family Tag Tournament 1st Rd:Euforia and Soberano Jr. vs. NGD (Sanson and Cuatrero)
Family Tag Tournament 1st Rd:Ángel del Oro and Niebla Roja vs. Negro Casas and Tiger

January 17th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Fuego and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Luciferno and DOUKI
Stuka Jr., Flyer, and Guerrero Maya Jr., vs. OKUMURA, Namajague, and Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Dulce Gardenia, and Audaz vs. L.I.J (EVIL, Shingo Takagi, and BUSHI)
Titán vs. Forastero
Satoshi Kojima and Carístico vs. Último Guerrero and Bárbaro Cavernario
Family Tag Tournament 3rd Place Match:X and X vs. X and X
Family Tag Tournament Final:X and X vs. X and X

January 19th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Audaz and Yota Tsuji vs. Luciferno and Namajague
Soberano Jr., Flyer, and Guerrero Maya Jr. vs. Tiger, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, and DOUKI
Ángel Del Oro, Niebla Roja, and Titán vs. NGD (Sanson, Cuatrero, and Forastero)
Stuka Jr. vs. OKUMURA
Dulce Gardenia, Fuego, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. L.I.J (EVIL, Shingo Takagi, and BUSHI)
CMLL World Heavyweight ChampionshiÚltimo Guerrero(c) vs. Satoshi Kojima
Black Cat Memorial Match:Hiroshi Tanahashi, Carístico, and Tiger Mask vs. Negro Casas, Euforia, and Bárbaro Cavernario

January 20th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Fuego and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and DOUKI)
Tiger Mask vs. Tiger
Flyer, Audaz, and Guerrero Maya Jr. vs. Euforia, Luciferno, and Namajague
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Dulce Gardenia, and Yuya Uemura vs. L.I.J (EVIL, Shingo Takagi, and BUSHI)
Satoshi Kojima, Soberano Jr, and Stuka Jr. vs. Último Guerrero, Negro Casas, and OKUMURA
Mexican National Trios Championship:NGD(c) (Sanson, Cuatrero, and Forastero) vs. Ángel Del Oro, Niebla Roja, and Titán
NWA World Historic Middleweight Championship:Carístico vs. Bárbaro Cavernario

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i'd recommend the osaka fantasticamania card more than usual this year as it's the only chance to see naito and hiromu unless you attend one of the three unstreamed shows in person.

Lamuella posted:

what's general opinion on DOUKI? I've enjoyed his stuff in BOSJ and the Jrs tag league but he is exceptionally rough around the edges.

i like him and am always a fan of when people get booked under weird circumstances and manage to stick. he was only in the bosj due to desperado suffering a broken jaw in a match with jun kasai on one of taka and taichi's shows. probably shouldn't really get pushed beyond his current level tho

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

new beginning usa cards are out and it turns out the ex champs get a rematch before tana and ibushi challenge

i'll transcribe the cards but note that none of these are currently scheduled to stream. i'm guessing they may be uploaded later especially since atlanta has a title match booked.

THE NEW BEGINNING USA
January 24th at 20:00 EST
St. Petersburg Coliseum

Clark Connors vs. Misterioso
Satoshi Kojima and Yuji Nagata vs. Ren Narita and Alex Coughlin
TJP and Karl Fredericks vs. Toru Yano and Colt Cabana
Jeff Cobb vs. Alex Zayne
YOSHI-HASHI vs. Lance Archer
Elimination Match:Tana, Ibushi, FinJuice, and Rocky vs. Bullet Club (G.o.D, Yujiro, Chase, and Jado)

THE NEW BEGINNING USA
January 26th at 18:00 CST
War Memorial Auditorium, Nashville TN

Ren Narita and Alex Couglin vs. Alex Zayne and Misterioso
YOSHI-HASHI vs. Karl Fredericks
TJP and Clark Connors vs. Toru Yano and Colt Cabana
Satoshi Kojima vs. Jeff Cobb
Yuji Nagata vs. Lance Archer
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Yujiro Takahashi
FinJuice, Ibushi, and Rocky vs. Bullet Club (G.o.D, Chase, and Jado)

THE NEW BEGINNING USA
January 27th at 20:00 EST
Durham Armory

TJP vs. Misterioso
Satoshi Kojima and Yuji Nagata vs. Clark Connors and Alex Coughlin
Rock n Roll Express and Alex Zayne vs. Toru Yano, Colt Cabana, and Rocky Romero
Jeff Cobb vs. Karl Fredericks
Ren Narita vs. Lance Archer
Tana, Ibushi, Finjuice, and Y-H vs. Bullet Club (G.o.D, Yujiro, Chase, and Jado)

THE NEW BEGINNING USA
January 30th at 20:00 EST
Charles F. Dodge City Center, Miami

YOSHI-HASHI and Misterioso vs. TJP and Clark Connors
Satoshi Kojima and Yuji Nagata vs. Karl Fredericks and Alex Coughlin
Rock n Roll Express vs. Toru Yano and Colt Cabana
Jeff Cobb vs. Ren Narita
Alex Zayne vs. Lance Archer
FinJuice and Rocky Romero vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi, Chase Owens, and Jado)
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kota Ibushi vs. G.o.D

THE NEW BEGINNING USA
February 1st
Coca Cola Roxy, Atlanta

Satoshi Kojima and Yuji Nagata vs. Karl Fredericks and Ren Narita
YOSHI-HASHI and Rocky Romero vs. Misterioso and Alex Coughlin
Toru Yano and Colt Cabana vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Jado)
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Rock n Roll Express vs. TJP, Alex Coughlin, and Clark Connors
Jeff Cobb vs. Lance Archer
Kota Ibushi vs. Chase Owens
IWGP Tag Team Championship:FinJuice(c) vs. G.o.D

Thauros fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 8, 2020

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

TriffTshngo posted:

God I hope Mox is up for another G1 now that he seems to be committed to sticking with New Japan for a good while.

my guess is we see him for big monthly shows on occasion and more than jericho but with aew running weekly tv i doubt he could do a g1.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

here's the japanese cards that i imagine will be streamed:

The NEW BEGINNING in SAPPORO
February 1st at 4:00 EST/9:00 GMT
Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center Hokkai Kitayell

Tiger Mask and Yuya Uemura vs. Bullet Club (El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori)
GBH and Toa Henare vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi, and Yota Tsuji
Ospreay, YOH, SHO, and Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (ZSJ, Despy, Kanemaru, and DOUKI)
Special Tag Match:Ryu Lee and Robbie Eagles vs. L.I.J (Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI)
Special Tag Match:L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and SANADA) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA and Jay White)
Special Tag Match:Kazuchika Okada and Jon Moxley vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi and Minoru Suzuki)
Special Single Match:Tomohiro Ishii vs. EVIL
NEVER Openweight Championship:Hirooki Goto(c) vs. Shingo Takagi

February 2nd at 1:00 EST/6:00 GMT

Toa Henare vs. Yota Tsuji
GBH and Yuya Uemura vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi, and Tiger Mask
Gabriel Kidd vs. El Phantasmo
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and Robbie Eagles) vs. L.I.J (Shingo Takagi, EVIL, and BUSHI)
Special 8 Man Tag:Mox, YOH, SHO, and Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Despy, Kanemaru, and DOUKI)
Special 6 Man Tag:L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and Hiromu Takahashi) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Jay White, and Taiji Ishimori)
British Heavyweight Championship:Zack Sabre Jr.(c) vs. Will Ospreay
Special Single Match:Kazuchika Okada vs. Taichi

Road to the NEW BEGINNING
February 4th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Gabriel Kidd
Yuya Uemura vs. Taiji Ishimori
GBH vs. Yota Tsuji and Toa Henare
Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Manabu Nakanishi vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and DOUKI)
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and Robbie Eagles) vs. L.I.J (Shingo Takagi, EVIL, and Hiromu Takahashi)
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Jay White, and El Phantasmo)
Elimination Match:CHAOS (Okada, Ospreay, YOH, and SHO) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, ZSJ, Despy, and Kanemaru)

February 5th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Yuya Uemura vs. Gabriel Kidd
Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Yota Tsuji
GBH vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Manabu Nakanishi
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Will Ospreay, and Robbie Eagles) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr., and DOUKI)
Hirooki Goto and Toa Henare vs. L.I.J (Shingo Takagi and EVIL)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, YOH, and SHO) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, El Desperado, and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Elimination Tag:L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, Hiromu, and BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Switchblade, Ishimori, and El-P)

February 6th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Yota Tsuji vs. Yuya Uemura
Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Manabu Nakanishi vs. Tomoaki Honma and Toa Henare
CHAOS (Will Ospreay, SHO, and YOH) vs. Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr, El Desperado, and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Kazuchika Okada, Togi Makabe, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, Minoru Suzuki, and DOUKI)
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and Hiromu Takahashi) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Jay White, and Taiji Ishimori)
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship: L.I.J(c) (Shingo Takagi, EVIL, and BUSHI) vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and Robbie Eagles)

The NEW BEGINNING in OSAKA
February 9th at 2:00 EST/7:00 GMT
Osaka-Jo Hall

Nakanishi Final in Osaka-Jo Hall:Nakanishi, Tenzan, Kojima, and Nagata vs. GBH, Henare, and Taguchi
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Championship:Roppongi 3k(c) vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Special 8 Man Tag:FinJuice, Tana, and Ibushi vs. Bullet Club (G.o.D, Yujiro, and Chase)
Special Tag Match:Kazuchika Okada and Will Ospreay vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi and Zack Sabre Jr.)
Special Single Match:SANADA vs. Jay White
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship:Hiromu Takahashi(c) vs. Ryu Lee
IWGP US Heavyweight Championship:Jon Moxley(c) vs. Minoru Suzuki
IWGP Heavyweight + IC Double Championship: Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. KENTA

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Just something to point out for the title graphic: Phantasmo is defending against Michael Oku on the 14th Feb RevPro show

forgot to do this before but thanks for bringing it to my attention, fixed now

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

want to point out that the feb 4th korakuen is noteworthy for being the first time hiromu and shingo team up

https://twitter.com/thauros_/status/1214902752972853248?s=20

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i like aew but unless they'd allow mox to work in the us which they''re understandably loathe to do i don't see how a partnership really benefits new japan. new japan already can book the two guys they'd really want.

harperdc posted:

it really depends on if AEW, once established a bit more, is going to do the WWE thing of having Everybody Get Screen Time Every Week, or allow people to be off-screen entirely for two to four weeks at a time.

or Moxley could just really rack up frequent flyer miles between Japan and the US, and hopefully not have three flight changes to get to AEW TV every week.

i'm guessing he's going to be their world champ at that time and if so i don't blame them for not wanting to write him off a lengthy period of time for another company's big event.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i agree that aew as an excursion destination would be great, and i wouldn't have an issue with new japan letting a guy like jungle boy do an excursion in exchange. the flip side of the roster being so big tho is that i really don't want to see major aew guys elbow their way back into the main event tho.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Procrastinator posted:

isnt goto literally undefeated in Tokyo dome title matches or something ridiculous like that

sword & guns (karl anderson was the guns, natch) lost to k.e.s in the tag title match at wk 7 but that's the only one that comes to mind

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SatoshiMiwa posted:

When I first started watching New Japan Taguchi and Taichi were guys I didn't get at first but man once I got them they became amazing

i had to learn to appreciate taguchi too but taichi's improved massively and/or simply been used better according to his strengths since moving up to heavyweight

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

first fantasticamania card and the only stremed appearance of hiromu and naito this tour is tomorrow:

January 10th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 BST
Edion Arena #2

Ryusuke Taguchi and Fuego vs. Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and DOUKI)
Audaz, Guerrero Maya Jr, and Yuya Uemura vs. Euforia, Luciferno, and Namajague
Soberano Jr. and Flyer vs. Negro Casas and Tiger
Ángel del Oro, Niebla Roja, and Titán vs. NGD (Sanson, Cuatrero, and Forastero)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Dulce Gardenia, and Yota Tsuji vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi, and BUSHI)
Okumura 25th Anniversary Match:Satoshi Kojima, Carístico, and Stuka Jr. vs. Último Guerrero, Bárbaro Cavernario, and OKUMURA

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

good to see iizuka's still invading momoclo events. anyone know if the video of the 1st gen very much heel chaos stable sans nakamura invading the momoclo concert's still up anywhere?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

for those who have never seen this before

Thauros posted:

good to see iizuka's still invading momoclo events. anyone know if the video of the 1st gen very much heel chaos stable sans nakamura invading the momoclo concert's still up anywhere?

https://twitter.com/pastreset/status/1215460544083374080?s=20

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

schedule on world always has that info and i have it in the op.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

second match of this card is starting now

January 16th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Fuego and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Namajague and DOUKI
Audaz and Guerrero Maya Jr. vs. Luciferno and Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Dulce Gardenia, and Flyer vs. L.I.J (EVIL, Shingo Takagi, and BUSHI)
Titán and Stuka Jr. vs. Forastero and OKUMURA)
Satoshi Kojima and Carístico vs. Último Guerro and Bárbaro Cavernario
Family Tag Tournament 1st Rd:Euforia and Soberano Jr. vs. NGD (Sanson and Cuatrero)
Family Tag Tournament 1st Rd:Ángel del Oro and Niebla Roja vs. Negro Casas and Tiger

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Schneider Heim posted:

I don't watch lucha so if anyone would be kind enough to write about the CMLL luchadors I would be very thankful and let me enjoy Fantasticamania.

i'm not as up on cmll as i was a couple years ago but....

caristíco - original mistico who took a new name when returning to cmll after ill fated wwe run and a brief stint in aaa. took a couple years before they fully seemed to trust him again but he's back to being a main event tecnico mainstay. far more popular in arena mexico than rush and dragon lee's brother who got handed down the mistico gimmick and is seen as an imposter despite being very talented.

ultimo guerrerocmll's top rudo and an important backstage powerbroker on the booking committee. good example of how "rudo" isn't perfectly analogous with "heel" as he's a beloved guy often booked in the face role in feuds against outsiders and who leads the crowd in raising the roof in all his matches. euforia and gran guerrero (not on tour) are his stablemates in los guerreros lagueneros

negro casas:he's making his fantasticamania debut at 60 and is another rudo who is hardly gonna receive jay white type reactions either in japan or mexico. think of him as cmll's closest equivalent to liger only he's booked higher on cards than liger generally was in the past decade. legend who made dave's initial hof class in 1996 and is still pretty drat good in ring especially considering his age.

barbaro cavernario:negro casas' stablemate. always gotten over huge on these tours as a guy with a fun caveman gimmick who's also awesome in the ring and has crazy spots.

nuevo generación dinamita (sansňn, cuatrero, forastero): very talented young rudo act who has received an uncharacteristically quick push up the cards. great double/triple team spots. cuatrero is/was dating sofia alonso who initially took over the company in the wake of her father paco's death but shortly lost a family power struggle to her uncle afterwards.

OKUMURA - japanese guy who made his career in mexico and is always on these tours as cmll's liason to new japan. often teams with the young lions new japan sends to cmll on excursion on regular cmll cards.

euforia:ultimo guerrero's stablemate and soberano jr's dad (soberano was his orignal gimmick). almost never teams with his son in mexico due to differing aligments but is for this tour. great upper midcard rudo base who isn't as old as you might think for a guy teaming with his son as he was a teenage father.

angel del oro and niebla roja: The chavez bros, both have been unmasked over the past few years in mexico and have seen their careers benefit for it as they're good looking guys. niebla roja is probably slightly more pushed in mexico but new japan has always loved angel del oro. he was the first cmll guy i ever saw in new japan back in the 2012 bosj.

dulce gardeniacmll's first exotico since maximo got fired. new talent who just debuted last year and has already gotten a push and just beat hirai kawato in a hair vs. hair match on a new year's day card. haven't seen a lot of him but he looks to be more than just shtick and teaming with tanahashi will def help him get over here.

titán you may remember him from various jr tours or past fantasticamanias. excellent midcard tecnico who has never really gotten a push in either company.

audaz:really amazing young tecnico who hasn't received a push commensurate with his abilities.

luciferno:aging veteran rudo. stablemate of mephisto who used to get pushed huge on these tours but hasn't hasn't been around for the past couple

tiger:negro casas' nephew and felino's(not on tour) son. perfectly ffine midcard rudo type but people generally preferred his brother puma who left the company.

flyer:remember volador jr.? he's being relied upon to be one of the stars left to draw in mexico but flyer's his nephew. unfortunately don't have much more to say about him than that

fuego:fun dancing gimmick guy who's very appropriately paired with taguchi. stopped getting booked for a while after complaining about his spot but seems back exactly where he used to be now.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 17, 2020

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Just making sure I'm reading the dates in the OP right, the next show isn't tonight but tomorrow, right?

This is the best :allears:

yeah today's the off day, tour resumes tomorrow.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sun/mon doubleshot of last two fantasticamania cards start tomorrow morning at the usual korakuen gong time of 4:30 est/9:30 gmt

January 19th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Audaz and Yota Tsuji vs. Luciferno and Namajague
Soberano Jr., Flyer, and Guerrero Maya Jr. vs. Tiger, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, and DOUKI
Ángel Del Oro, Niebla Roja, and Titán vs. NGD (Sanson, Cuatrero, and Forastero)
Stuka Jr. vs. OKUMURA
Dulce Gardenia, Fuego, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. L.I.J (EVIL, Shingo Takagi, and BUSHI)
CMLL World Heavyweight Championship:Último Guerrero(c) vs. Satoshi Kojima
Black Cat Memorial Match:Hiroshi Tanahashi, Carístico, and Tiger Mask vs. Negro Casas, Euforia, and Bárbaro Cavernario

January 20th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Fuego and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and DOUKI)
Tiger Mask vs. Tiger
Flyer, Audaz, and Guerrero Maya Jr. vs. Euforia, Luciferno, and Namajague
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Dulce Gardenia, and Yuya Uemura vs. L.I.J (EVIL, Shingo Takagi, and BUSHI)
Satoshi Kojima, Soberano Jr, and Stuka Jr. vs. Último Guerrero, Negro Casas, and OKUMURA
Mexican National Trios Championship:NGD(c) (Sanson, Cuatrero, and Forastero) vs. Ángel Del Oro, Niebla Roja, and Titán
NWA World Historic Middleweight Championship:Carístico(c) vs. Bárbaro Cavernario

Thauros fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 19, 2020

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

new japan claimed 1726 for korakuen last g1 for a show you know is a true sellout. obv different promotions have slightly different configurations and requirements. fwiw they claimed a super no vacancy full house today. that prob means a decent amount of comped tickets for cmll guests and sponsors as they don't count those towards the total.

same goes for stardom as well minus the cmll part as this was apparently the first time in company history they had the balcony up for sale

Thauros fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 19, 2020

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

lion's break 2 has been uploaded to youtube

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1220043450235506688?s=20

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

also no surprises but the february streaming schedule is official:

the cards end of the month korakuen quadruple shot featuring two retirement shows probably won't be out until after new beginning but the new beginning cards look great this year

Special Tag Match:Ryu Lee and Robbie Eagles vs. L.I.J (Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI)
Special Tag Match:L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and SANADA) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA and Jay White)
Special Tag Match:Kazuchika Okada and Jon Moxley vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi and Minoru Suzuki)

CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and Robbie Eagles) vs. L.I.J (Shingo Takagi, EVIL, and BUSHI)
Special 8 Man Tag:Mox, YOH, SHO, and Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Despy, Kanemaru, and DOUKI)
Special 6 Man Tag:L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and Hiromu Takahashi) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Jay White, and Taiji Ishimori)

Korakuen Hall

CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and Robbie Eagles) vs. L.I.J (Shingo Takagi, EVIL, and Hiromu Takahashi)
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Jay White, and El Phantasmo)
Elimination Match:CHAOS (Okada, Ospreay, YOH, and SHO) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, ZSJ, Despy, and Kanemaru)

Korakuen Hall

CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Will Ospreay, and Robbie Eagles) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr., and DOUKI)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, YOH, and SHO) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, El Desperado, and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Elimination Tag:L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, Hiromu, and BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Switchblade, Ishimori, and El-P)

Korakuen Hall

CHAOS (Will Ospreay, SHO, and YOH) vs. Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr, El Desperado, and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Kazuchika Okada, Togi Makabe, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, Minoru Suzuki, and DOUKI)
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and Hiromu Takahashi) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Jay White, and Taiji Ishimori)
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship: L.I.J(c) (Shingo Takagi, EVIL, and BUSHI) vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and Robbie Eagles)

The NEW BEGINNING in OSAKA
February 9th at 2:00 EST/7:00 GMT
Osaka-Jo Hall

Nakanishi Final in Osaka-Jo Hall:Nakanishi, Tenzan, Kojima, and Nagata vs. GBH, Henare, and Taguchi
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Championship:Roppongi 3k(c) vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Special 8 Man Tag:FinJuice, Tana, and Ibushi vs. Bullet Club (G.o.D, Yujiro, and Chase)
Special Tag Match:Kazuchika Okada and Will Ospreay vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi and Zack Sabre Jr.)
Special Single Match:SANADA vs. Jay White
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship:Hiromu Takahashi(c) vs. Ryu Lee
IWGP US Heavyweight Championship:Jon Moxley(c) vs. Minoru Suzuki
IWGP Heavyweight + IC Double Championship: Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. KENTA

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

he def was married a few years ago at least as he got into trouble in around 2015 when his affair got exposed after some sexts leaked. was suspended for about a month and got fined.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/1222721295990673408?s=21

prob not the most advisable thing for anyone to try to bring back home with them through airport security but cool nonetheless

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Fujita's still going and he just challenged for NOAH"s GHC Heavyweight title and he rules. He gets a bad rep for being a shooter who came in during Inokiism but he's got some seriously great stuff under his belt. Also his entrance theme is an orchestral version of Inoki's theme which owns.

the particular style of his theme always sounded to me like someone turned inoki into a final fantasy boss. which honestly, given his appearance, personality, fashion sense, and appropriation of religious iconography isn't much of a stretch and should've happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmw_mUGwD3w

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

reminder that this starts 5 hours from now and looks like a great card esp for being a secondary stop on the tour

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

managed to wake up at 5 despite going to bed at 1 and not setting an alarm. able to catch at least a decent amount of the jr tag match and glad i didn't miss any of the big ones live

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

commentary made me nervous but very glad ishii won as it bodes well for shingo

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MJeff posted:

Man, why did they even do Goto vs. Kenta?

they genuinely tried to get shibata cleared but it couldn't happen. also had to transfer the belt off of kenta before he entered the naito feud. goto and ishii are the guys who can always credibly win that belt but aren't gonna really be hurt by losing it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

honestly doesn't look bad for a decent sized arena with 3 tiers on night 1 of a doubleshot to me.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Rarity posted:

Goto/Takagi and EVIL/Ishii aren't exactly the top line draws of the tour. I'd expect tomorrow night and Osaka to do much better.

osaka's already almost sold out, only tickets left are reduced rate student walk up ones. stacked card and osaka's a very strong market for them.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

starting in minutes....

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

starts in three hours....

Korakuen Hall

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

watching show now. this is by far the worst attended korakuen of the bushiroad era that i can remember, (1,129 fans). they're running the venue seven times this month after six tokyo dates in january so i'm not too surprised.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

on a brighter note, i've loved uemura's work the past ferw months and good to see him get a singles match

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

two more korakuen shows next couple nights

Korakuen Hall

Korakuen Hall

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

attendance looks better than yesterday's show at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Fumi Saito goes into a fascinating discussion of why this is on a Pacific Rim Podcast from a few weeks back, apparently it's a thing to some extent where you can supposedly tell personality types from it (kinda like horoscope stuff I guess?).

yeah which is why you often see it in video game profiles like in street fighter as well. forget what the supposed personality traits are for each one tho