Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
jesus christ i didnt mean anything accusatory, calm down people. I was just saying that I see alot of yuri in here compared to others.

The entire point of threads is each one has their gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

CommissarMega posted:

You don't have to 'mean' anything, nor do I think you consciously meant anything, but referring to peoples' sexuality as a 'gimmick' is kind of gross, dude. You could have said

and you'd just have come across as missing all the yaoi-oriented stuff. Just put a little more thought into your posts, yeah?

EDIT: Is this ally-posting? Sorry, not too sure what it is. I mean, I can kind of figure out from context clues, but I'm a dumb who needs things spelled out in detail.

:facepalm: i wasnt referring to sexuality as a gimmick, i was referring to a type of manga, which includes the entire broadband of sexualities! I know there's bl stuff too but its been far eclipsed by girls love, and besides theres burrito's wonderful BL thread.

And ally posing is straight, cis people try to say whats queer or not, im pretty sure

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Aurora posted:

you could also just apologize for your choice of words

??? I didn't -make- you misunderstand me. I'm sorry if you have some trauma in your past that causes you to react to things beyond what other people expect, believe me I get that whole-heartedly. And I'm sorry if it caused some pain for you. But I don't have control over your brain so ultimately how you respond to things is entirely under your own control.

Ultimately I was commenting on the lack of het trans stuff that I could find, and qualifying that with my own observations about this thread. That's it. Assuming 'gimmick' is a remark on you (in the broad sense here) is an overreaction, and honestly I have no idea what calling lesbian sexuality a 'gimmick' is supposed to mean, anyways. Could y'all please tell me where your minds are going there?

Recs would be nice, but people have asked in the past and nothing has really come of it, unfortunately :/

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Xun posted:

ooo is this a "im sorry you're offended" non apology in the wild?!

If you wish to interpret that way, that's your prerogative. Certainly not what I meant, but whatever. You do you. To me, intention is everything and if you believe differently thats just a philosophical difference; it's just the way I am. Y'all are admitting I didn't mean anything by it anyways so demanding an additional apology seems a bit egotistical to me, but again that's just my interpretation. I have apologized for it, and again, I will take responsibility for what I do, not what you (the general you) do.

skaianDestiny posted:

You do know what gimmick means right? And how it's usually applied in a derogatory fashion?

Like for fucks sake is it really so hard to say "I'm sorry I used the wrong word, I didn't mean that" instead of loving doubling down and making a "no, you should be sorry for misinterpreting my words" nothing of an "apology"?

I don't feel like sharing any of the het trans stories I know because of how you're reacting to all this.

And certainly it's kinda funny that people are resorting to citing one particular meaning of gimmick as if its the only meaning and the end all be all, and ignoring the fact that I was using an informal (if apparently incorrect) definition for it. I have certainly never seen it used in a derogatory fashion which is why I was asking about it! I did in fact apologize for using the word, and I'm certainly not asking for an apology from anyone, so chill out and quit hyperbolizing. And tbh im laughing at the whole "I'm going to withhold the stories I know because of how you're reacting". Oh no! :jerkbag:

And wark, I already follow the BL and shoujo threads; I even mentioned burrito's wonderful thread (And yes, it doesn't get nearly enough love) :) Also look, I'm not looking for a fight here, nor am I trying to insult everyone but insulting me isn't a good look, and I admit I'm getting defensive here. And people are being over-sensitive. They took what I said out of context and reacted to what they were -imagining- I was saying, rather than ask me what I meant behind my choice of words. It takes two to tango, so acting like their actions are immaterial is what I mean by egotistical.

Cuntellectual posted:

I don't think intent entirely matters, like how would you feel if someone asked if there were any good tranny manga?

:sigh: Contrary to what you say it does! If they used that word to hurt then gently caress them but if it was out of ignorance then so long as they understand what the problem was and change their behavior that's perfectly fine to me.

Here's my final bit: I am sorry people felt hurt, but I definitely didn't intend it to nor do I still understand how people got offended. Again, like I said I was saying the threads gimmick (as in what it is about) is more on the yuri side of thing, which is no problem at all; I love most of the stories posted here (the hornier stories aren't really my jam). Parsing that as saying lesbians are gimmicks is very very :psyduck:, and while I'm pretty sure it isn't really the case it kinda makes me think people are looking for things to get mad at. I don't understand it, but I don't understand people in general so its a wash lol.

If you want to respond, please pm me, we've all poo poo up this thread enough as it is.

Anyways I'm gonna go play some FF14 so peace y'all :)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
No thank you.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
ok?

In other news "All of Humanity is Yuri Except for Me" has updated and the mystery is finally getting solved

https://mangadex.org/title/33132/all-of-humanity-is-yuri-except-for-me

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Can we please keep it to PMs to not poo poo up the thread any further? Or is this performative in a way? Like y'all aren't even reading what I'm posting, just responding to a pseudo strawman.

And I'm not going to leave the thread just because you say so. Why should I care what you say?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Homora Gaykemi posted:

i was pretty bad in ignoring why people were upset with Daiquiri just to jump in on something else with my post yesterday and i understand entirely why people are upset with them because their words really are bad and play into a lot of homophobic and misogynistic ideas even if they didn't mean them that way. i want to apologise for my part in being lovely and dismissive yesterday. i'm sorry.

I'd PM you but you don't have them so.. :shrug: (BTW if you check my profile you'll see it says I'm a woman, so she pronouns are good) I'm still not clear on just how saying that this thread tends towards yuri is 'bad' and can be interpreted as homophobic or misogynistic? Same with the word gimmick. Have people been called gimmicks in the past? What does that even mean? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. :psyduck:

Speaking of Still Sick, has that been dropped because it got an english release? It's been 3 months :(

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Endorph posted:

A 'gimmick' implies something false or performative. Someone's sexuality being a 'gimmick' is therefore implying it is false or performative. People did not appreciate having things they sincerely enjoy, because of their real lived experiences, be referred to as a 'gimmick.' Saying this thread trends towards yuri isn't the problem.

Ok, thank you. I have not heard that particular definition before which like I saw before is only one definition of many; all I have ever known gimmick to mean is a thing something is known for. I enjoy yuri, and I certainly never referred to it as something false or performative. That's stupid.

Also, can we -please- keep this to PMs in the future? We've shat up this thread enough as it is.

Also I've only ever been travelling sideways :v:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Endorph, youre in sexy akiba detectives, yes? Has Still Sick been dropped?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

I hope someone drops you... Into a lake... That is magical... And gives you the ablity to feel empathy... Btch

That's not very nice :crossarms:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Julias posted:

Can I ask all of you to stop stiring up this dumb drama and move on? Instead of hurling insults and wishing awful things to befall each other? This goes for you too Watermelon Daiquiri, you got really defensive and instead of apologizing you have doubled and even tripled down on everyone else being in the wrong, even when you've come around to understand why people felt hurt by the things you've said.

That's what I already tried asking them, Julias, and I am trying to move on.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
God people love talking about 'traps' in the comment section of the one with the guy who loves makeup and his friend decides to present as a girl (Which is being dropped by the group scanlating it for being 'too boring')

:chloe:

I don't know why I do that to myself

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
VAMPEERZ

https://mangadex.org/title/36399/vampeerz-my-peer-vampires

Also how did I miss ch 15 wtf

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
no, bnr is waiving the monetary requirement right now. just go through with registering without bothering with the invite code and wait for them to process your account (their doing it manually)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Apparently they have a rather good stockpile atm

and how the gently caress did i use the wrong they're

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
whats pink noise then

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

hey that doesn't have nearly as much energy in the higher frequency bundles* as the lower >: (

now if p!nk made noise music...

actually goddammit i got myself into a wikipedia rabbit hole over pink noise and related subjects. I've completely forgotten how fun signals and systems were.

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 25, 2020

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I'm going to take that seriously because its a fascinating subject, albeit no where near even tangential to this thread

(ok maybe music mangas might mention it somewhere idk)

Pink noise is where the power spectral density (density being of course a value per other value like mass density) is inversely proportional to the frequency.

This part is cool:

In the past quarter century, pink noise has been discovered in the statistical fluctuations of an extraordinarily diverse number of physical and biological systems (Press, 1978;[7] see articles in Handel & Chung, 1993,[8] and references therein). Examples of its occurrence include fluctuations in tide and river heights, quasar light emissions, heart beat, firings of single neurons, and resistivity in solid-state electronics resulting in flicker noise.

General 1/f α noises occur in many physical, biological and economic systems, and some researchers describe them as being ubiquitous.[9] In physical systems, they are present in some meteorological data series, the electromagnetic radiation output of some astronomical bodies. In biological systems, they are present in, for example, heart beat rhythms, neural activity, and the statistics of DNA sequences, as a generalized pattern.[10] In financial systems, they are often referred to as a long-term memory effect[specify].

An accessible introduction to the significance of pink noise is one given by Martin Gardner (1978) in his Scientific American column "Mathematical Games".[11] In this column, Gardner asked for the sense in which music imitates nature. Sounds in nature are not musical in that they tend to be either too repetitive (bird song, insect noises) or too chaotic (ocean surf, wind in trees, and so forth). The answer to this question was given in a statistical sense by Voss and Clarke (1975, 1978), who showed that pitch and loudness fluctuations in speech and music are pink noises.[12][13] So music is like tides not in terms of how tides sound, but in how tide heights vary.

Pink noise describes the statistical structure of many natural images.[14] Recently, it has also been successfully applied to the modeling of mental states in psychology,[15] and used to explain stylistic variations in music from different cultures and historic periods.[16] Richard F. Voss and J. Clarke claim that almost all musical melodies, when each successive note is plotted on a scale of pitches, will tend towards a pink noise spectrum.[17] Similarly, a generally pink distribution pattern has been observed in film shot length by researcher James E. Cutting of Cornell University, in the study of 150 popular movies released from 1935 to 2005.[18]

Pink noise has also been found to be endemic in human response. Gilden et al. (1995) found extremely pure examples of this noise in the time series formed upon iterated production of temporal and spatial intervals.[19] Later, Gilden (1997) and Gilden (2001) found that time series formed from reaction time measurement and from iterated two-alternative forced choice also produced pink noises.[20][21]

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Ill give it one for a having a transguy as a fairly major character

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
https://mangadex.org/title/41114/my-son-is-probably-gay continues to be a wonderful and wholesome thing :)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Oh my, that newest chapter of 'do you want to go out'

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I just found an excellent heavy story about a gay boy struggling over reconciling his sexuality with Japanese society-- trying to 'act normal' and not hate himself for being gay-- as well as the disparity between the relative popularity of BL/GL/Yaoi/Yuri vs real life homosexuality. He loves the sex with his (much) older lover but he wants to seem like a 'normal' high school boy and get a girl friend. Obviously, he has difficulties in that aspect, and the angst is just so delicious.

(The title in reference to a classmate buying some BL that he runs into. I think the implication is: due to his self disgust, he thinks she will hate him if she knows he is gay, unlike the gay people in BL stories)

https://mangadex.org/title/34732/she-likes-homos-not-me

This is a really good example of the self-hatred:

This is in response to mentally chewing someone out for blatant homophobia

And his face here is just so wonderfully cold; I love it

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jul 18, 2020

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I -loved- himegoto. I love trashy people.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Ch 9 of the angsty gay manga was released, and ive been wondering if it will do that thing of 'the gay critic is actually super gay and projecting' re: ono, the guy who was the leading cause of jumping through the window

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

quote:

The story of a woman who asks the lesbian who is in love with her to kill her husband and live their life on the road after the deed is done.

Ooooooo :stwoon:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I still don't know what the tl was thinking, unerringly using 'homo' for Every. Single. Instance. of the concept.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I was more commenting on the fact that nothing but 'homo' was used than if being used at all. Like, there were many times where it would sound much better and less awkward to just use 'gay' rather than 'homo'.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
.... That has to be a joke, right?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I legit have no idea what i was saying that to. It might have been the subtle horniness in the post above but idk

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

.... That has to be a joke, right?

This post

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Oh, this bit: "ive always loved how flexible you can be" as they eye each other up in swimsuits"

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
:shrug: I thought so.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Yes? What else is flirting but subtle horniness?

Also if you'll remember I very specifically said I didn't remember what I was reacting to at first and only speculated that was the cause given my asexual nature and general adversion to most forms of relationship things.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
what yuri comments??? I post in here because im a bisexual trans women who enjoys bl and yuri manga and anime????

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Watermelon Daiquiri, why did you post that manga about the Queen-loving boy and his journey? Why would you do that to me. You're so goddamn mean.

I just got to the end of chapter 3. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. :cry:

hahaha >:) It gets weird, and not good weird, i have to admit esp around chapter.. 11? i think? But it ends on a very good note. It also has the mc say 'actually you should use gay instead of homo, but w/e' to his (girl)friend which kinda gives a justification for the constant. homo. use.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Natsuki-kun is beautiful as always continues to be wholesome fun :3: (irregardless of my opinion on the tendency in manga to have characters that are just crossdressing guys rather than trans women)

https://mangadex.org/title/32512/natsuki-kun-is-beautiful-as-always

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

He Gets Over it

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

everythingWasBees posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/run_away_with_me_girl

Kakeochi Girl finished and it's one of the most beautiful series I've ever read I think.

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
my main is a lala specifically because im so tall in real life lol Though I do like how the elezen are so close to me irl (minus ears)

also in stormblood you'll find a tribe of au ra who believe in reincarnation and as such place no importance whatsoever on gender, even with the large amount of sexual dimorphism in the race.

e: also catgirl crimes best crimes

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 25, 2020