Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked The hurt locker when I saw it in theatres but I was but a child then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm glad to hear Lilo & Stitch is good because it looked good but I try to stay away from non-Pixar Disney joints

Black Lighter posted:

This. Wes Anderson strikes me as someone who grew up more-or-less upper middle class but within proximity of people who were much richer - he fetishizes the material trappings of wealth and assigns his characters a sense of refinement that's bound up with what they own. On some level, I think he really does believe that the rich are different than everyone else, and the unspoken message is that they're better too.

Yeah you kind of hit the nail on the head. As much as I love Grand Budapest it's hard to ignore the fetishization of wealth and class. And speaking of fetishization, the guy seems to have a... peculiar fixation on childhood.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coffee And Pie posted:

The best food movie is Goodfellas

:emptyquote:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I usually prefer to go in as blind as possible whenever I watch a movie, but Uncut Gems is the one case where I wish I had known about the Safdie's oeuvre beforehand (that was my first film by them). I was not ready for an oppressively anxiety-inducing suspense thriller dark comedy at the time I watched it. I'll have to give it a rewatch. Also I hope Julia Fox gets to be in more stuff.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zgeb1rIaPw

This is from the A Ghost Story guy. It looks real good

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In a way, Olive garden is a metaphor for the Sonic movie.

There are many, many restaurants better than Olive garden, most of which you've probably never heard of because they're not funded by enormous corporations with gigantic marketing budgets. But if you are looking for inoffensive franchise chain fare, you could do a lot worse.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bows1 posted:

Jesus Rolls supposed sucks out loud, which isn't surprising

Good

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anonymous Robot posted:

Maybe a Coronavirus quarantine will finally get me to watch The Irishman.

Watch it you schlub

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FreudianSlippers posted:

Birds of Prey (and the Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb),

I loled

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The entire thing is also a metaphor for accepting your gender identity so it's just completely solid at every level

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of The Matrix, it leaves Netflix after Saturday if anyone's looking to get their fix

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to drive an hour to finally see Portrait tomorrow, and nothing's going to stop me

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gatts posted:

This is a thing that exists. Fried chicken sandwich, vanilla ice cream, and hot honey.

God Bless America

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gatts posted:

Surprisingly NYC at the Nugget Spot. It’s called the Three’s Company Sandwich. There is a version elsewhere that has Krispy Kreme donuts as buns

I'll be in the city tonight. Where's it at

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

youd for i posted:

14th by Union Square park.

👍

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steve Yun posted:

Everyone go see Portrait of A Lady On Fire, it’s an amazing film about the patriarchy, the star basically got #metoo to finally catch on in France, and she’s the one who started the walkout during the award ceremony

Hell yeah

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone have recommendations for the "ensemble cast of professionals trying to handle a hosed situation" genre of dramas? I've seen Margin Call and Contagion, and I would consider Arrival part of this genre as well.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to see Emma because Anya Taylor-Joy

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kevin James has lost his mind created a YouTube channel where he uploads short-form "comedy" skits. He's already uploaded five of these in the past week. I don't know who's funding it or why but I keep seeing it in my recommendations, so the ad budget must be enormous. I have a feeling (hope?) this will somehow end in spectacular failure, or at least the end of James's film career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_SroVkXWew

I chuckled

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My cat

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Did anyone hit the theater this weekend? I'm too paranoid to have done so.

I saw Portrait on Friday at a matinee. There were only two other people in the theatre. It was quite zen

The Klowner fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 16, 2020

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seeing a movie in an empty or near empty theatre owns. God bless this stupid virus

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anyone's interested, a Youtube channel called CineFix is hosting a live watch party of The Invisible Man with the director, Leigh Whannell, tonight at 7 EST. You have to rent the movie yourself, of course.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's talk about Dune. I think it looks loving good:

The MSJ posted:

Timothée Chalamet, walking, possibly without rythm.

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/04/a-first-look-at-timothee-chalamet-in-dune
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/04/behold-dune-an-exclusive-look-at-timothee-chalamet-zendaya-oscar-isaac

The costuming for the Dune movie looks absolutely fantastic. Also Oscar Isaac as Leto looks amazing. With how the Atreides look I'm really curious to see how the Harkonnen look.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KVeezy3 posted:

My overall point here, aside from being an insufferable pedantic, is to note that this effect is not purely superficial, but potential symptoms for an endocrine disorder.

"insufferable pedant" is more grammatically correct here

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ruddiger posted:

Someone cut together Antz and Bugs Life so it’s nothing but Woody Allen and Kevin Spacey’s scenes.

Lmao

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh hell yeah, the lighthouse is on prime. Time to watch this thing

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

X-Ray Pecs posted:

My second favorite is how the original writer for the kids' film Show Dogs had no clue how the pro-molestation scene got into the final cut because it went through eleven other writers.

Christ I remember that. Huge yikes from me, dawg

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well

The Clowner posted:

Oh hell yeah, the lighthouse is on prime. Time to watch this thing

, that was fuckng weird

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I, Butthole posted:

Hope all goes well. Just remember this comforting fact, that Christopher Lee's amazing deep voice made him perfect for Saruman, which isn't something I've seen mentioned on this page yet.

dude

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't wait for our society to finally understand how ridiculous it is to have an opinion about cash-in sequels

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The very act of having an opinion about the star wars prequels or sequels - positive or negative - legitimizes the motivation of creating art purely for the pursuit of profit

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nobody on Google is spelling out what PVOD stands for (I'm assuming it's not pulmonary veno-occlusive disease)

My first guess was "physical video on demand" but that phrase doesn't make any sense

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Furloughed and loving it. Been watching movies and TV shows and playing games all day, it's great. I'm trying not to think about money because it gives me panic attacks

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He hosed with the site admin's ex-wife and she banned him I think. She was a piece of work too though

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gripweed posted:

Stephen Chow?

him too probably

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's incredible

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flying Zamboni posted:

I just imagine he's got a notepad with things like "ravioli + handle" and "spaghetti you drink through straw????" furiously crossed out.

An 80s-style montage of Pattinson showing off differently-shaped globs of bread, cheese and sugar to his friends and the friends keep shaking their heads, furrowing their brows deep in thought

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I see another YouTube ad for some stupid rear end mobile game I'm gonna cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Are you watching on your phone?

Yeah, afaik there's no way to block them from the app itself