Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
No seriously it sucks
Yeah
No it's cool
I have a disability so it's actually pretty great
Stop being such a whiner
View Results

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Frankenstyle posted:

I never have to get up to turn off lights when I realize I forgot to after I sat down with my bowl of popcorn. I don't have to fumble with a switch when I come in with hands full of groceries. When I get out of the shower and want to cross the living room I can close the curtains that my wife always leaves open without scaring the neighbors. I never forget food in the oven because I never bother with a timer, but asking the house to remind me is easy. I never lose my phone because the house finds it. I had to call my wife about some super important poo poo but she was asleep with the phone on mute, so from a different city I dropped in on the bedroom to yell at her to wake up while flicking the lights and her white noise generator on and off. When a repair or cable comes by I can let him in from wherever. Ditto for telling the UPS guy it's okay to leave packages at the door. If I wanna know what percentage of my pay this Christmas bonus was or how many teaspoons are in a gallon or to convert Fahrenheit/Celsius I just ask the house. I can tell the house to remind me to pick up toilet paper and dog food when it sees my phone leaving work, which is sooo much better than a timed reminder because I can have weird hours at the hospital. I'm not even gonna get into how awesome it gets when you toss a Roomba in the mix.

Basically at this point my home is a host organism and I'm a parasite, and I love it. Having to remember not to plan any heists or do any drug deals in a room with the system on is a small price to pay, and targeted ads telling me when new Star Wars toys come out is a time saver.

nice self own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU