Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mods knew. gently caress the mods.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

comedyblissoption posted:

can someone please explain to me who "Nyc_Tattoo" is?

just an honest request. no antagonism intended in my question tia

Admin for Coupons

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

once again persecuting communists allowed fascism to thrive
When will they learn

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

absolutely #1, especially since the knee-jerk mod/admin reaction clearly tells us that they literally all knew for months or years lmfao

Mods knew.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fantastic Flyer posted:

All together now: Mods Knew

gently caress the mods.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schnorkles posted:

i just want to quickly state that ppj perma banning himself not only wasn't necessary, it is the consequence of a series of terrible decisions made by the moderation team over the last few weeks.

The administration has not acted in good faith, not engaged in good faith, and just done whatever the gently caress it felt like. Whenever a forum would get out of hand, we'd get a few paragraphs of "oh here you go now go away and shut up" and it was loving absurd.

Here's the reason this matters:

This is a community. We exist in this community. Some of us care deeply about other members of this community. With your total ineptitude, you have shattered portions of OUR community. My friends are gone. They can't or won't come back, and it is completely and totally because of your actions. We stay and get angry because we WANT to be here, and we want to work with moderators who engage with us in good faith and are part of the community that we built.

If you can't understand that, and its clear that basically none of you do, then you need leave. And now.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

homeless snail posted:

reopen fyad, its time to rewind

There's no point. Let it stay dead as a monument to incredible admin and mod incompetence over the past few months.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
General amnesty for all C-SPAM posters

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

Lowtax having no idea what's going on around him sounds perfectly normal.

this lol

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Karl Barks posted:

Lowtax do the right thing. Rename cspam to LF and bring back Fyad as it's subforum

Lol sure

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grondoth posted:

jesus christ

Oh, I'm talking with these racists in this videogame discord cause of... spy poo poo

Also moderating this website requires you to not only believe this, but to swear an oath of secrecy to keep this powerful, world shaking information hidden from the world.

Really incredible how low the bar to be a mod is these days

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

paranoid randroid posted:

Burn After Reading But With Video Game Discord

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArfJason posted:

ppj making the proper german hand sign for the number 3 and ultimately befriending hans landa and having a great time lol

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArfJason posted:

Fyad: gonna make out with hitler and feel his rear end and tits lol. Tongue going wild lmfao
Admins: (USER HAS BEEN CALLED A NAZI BY VICE.COM)
Poster: eine kleine rust-machinnën kills juden!!
Admins: it says here he owns ss but lets make sure were not jumping to conclusions...

Lmao

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"Party Plane Jones is keeping me safe" will haunt my dreams

Truly one of the dumbest and most naive things I've seen a mod post.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vim Fuego posted:

Mods knew.

gently caress the mods.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Well there is a lot of "poo poo" that this could refer to, so I will try to say sincerely what I did know. That is the only thing resembling a serious post I think I can bear to make tonight, so here goes. I knew that back in the days of of lowtax's gaming garbage discord, PPJ said he was in it and there were a bunch of nazis there. He managed to get some SA names from there and get some alts permabanned, and then managed to get lowtax to clean it up so nazis wouldn't hang out there. I knew that he continued keeping tabs on that community, who moved to another discord. I was a mod at the time, not an admin, if that means anything. There was no organized secret spy project, but I knew that if PPJ linked me to an alt account and said "is this permabanned nazi taylor swift?", it usually was and they were permabanned. I also removed at least one banner ad related to this group of folks. I also fully believe Koala's March's statement from the other thread:

I did not know that he was participating or chatting in those discords and (naively) assumed that he meant lurking only. I don't think he is a nazi myself, and I know he has actively removed nazis from the site, but I do believe that, given only the information you all have, it is the conclusion I would draw as well. I also know 100% what this would look like if I were a regular user and it's somewhere between "incredibly stupid and funny" and "a cover up" - you have my word that the truth is more like the former. None of this is based on like, a concerted effort by anyone but PPJ himself to place moles in SA offsites, but it's something I accepted as the status quo when I was promoted, and it's something I took advantage of when it meant permabanning a nazi like taylor swift.

This month is a part of SA history forever.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The saga actually starts in the mujihadeen thread when KM chided ppl to stop speculating that PPJ was perhaps cryptofash, because he hunts Nazis to keep her and the rest of TGRS safe. Jokes ensued and the thread was gassed. That was something like 15-16 hours ago. Good reading goons.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

The forums are going to have to live with being seriously understaffed while the mods are deployed in a particularly blackpilled Arma 3 server. If it is any condolence, they dont want to be there either.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
What a stupid fucker

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not going to call for KM's removal but if I were her I'd seriously consider a break from modding. In the past, I've voluntarily handed over the keys in the best interests of communities that were smaller and less vulnerable for far less egregious lapses in judgment in my part. And make no mistake, this is a forums-historic error of trusting the wrong person, believing an obvious load of BS, and defending incredibly stupid behavior on the part of other mods.

The question she should be asking herself (and TGRS should be asking of her) is "Am I really the best equipped to do this job of anyone here?"

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

redneck nazgul posted:

I'd let her pose the question to TGRS and explain herself there, not here, not in QCS. It's the community she's worked to foster, she knows the people and they know her.

If she feels she can keep going and they agree, then they can move forward.

I agree. I don't care what happens because I'm never going to post in TGRS. The only time you'll see me strenuously object to her being a mod is if for some reason people start to think it's a good idea to elevate her to admin. Lmao at that.

TGRS is a unique community and I think this is a time for good old democratic holding to account on their part and rigorous self criticism on hers.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

asecondduck posted:

Again, KM is NOT a CSPAM mod.

If you think that her being a TGRS mod is an issue, you should discuss it in TGRS.

KM epically kramered into Cspam to defend the actions of known dumbass PPJ several times lmfao

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

cda posted:

You're right but also there's a reason why there's a "circular firing squad" cliche about the left.

The circular firing squad perception is at least in part due to the fact that historically, once people are in power they refuse to give it up even if doing so would be the best for a given group or movement, while the best and most principled leftists agree that politics should be about the benefit of all and no one person should obstruct that out of vanity or lust for power. There's an obvious conflict between those two things. And I'm speaking here in the abstract.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jeffrey has some poo poo to answer for as well. I don't know if there are even enough admins to take up the slack if he steps down, but he should be arranging some kind of transfer of power unless this whole thing gets a decent public hearing.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

freckle posted:

there is another, if only we could free him

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Homex...

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Some Guy TT posted:

btw i clicked through the muhjadeen link and lightning knight is actively defending party plane joness spying activities

like koalas march was naive but she seemed to realize almost immediately that it sounded dumb as hell when she actually wrote it down lightning knight needed actual prodding on the subject

Lol got a link? Can't believe I missed that

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's almost like democratization is required

This.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Some Guy TT posted:

part of what makes this hard is that content is spread across like four or five threads at this point and theres never enough context to guess which one is being referred to or whether its one youve read or not

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909346&pagenumber=76&perpage=40

is marx force ghost someones alt i cant tell whether they were the whistleblower or were just banned for repeating the whistleblowers whistling

So we're at the point where it's

Bad mods: hang out on Nazi discords, ban good posters, refuse to engage with the community
"Good mods": believe the bad mods obvious bs, cover for them, do nothing in a crisis

I'm starting to think all the actual good mods resigned a month ago because they saw this coming even if they didn't know the exact shape of it lmfao

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cerebral Bore posted:

LK has at least acknowledging that he hosed up and apologized, making him the best mod involved in this whole shitstorm by default.

Respect to LK for doing that but also gently caress the mods, they knew

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Platystemon posted:

Does anyone have a link to where Scoops broke the news about PPJ’s Discord activity?
I think this is the first
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909768&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post501438223

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
btw free the following as well

General amnesty for all C-SPAM posters

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

JuulPodSaveAmerica posted:

It's September 11th, 2012, I'm watching Benghazi take out a D&D mod

It's January 8th, 2020, I'm watching Benghazi take out a D&D mod

Her name was prophetic.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Saucer Hovers posted:

NYC was justly punishing mod sass like a drat hero

:hai:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the steel fist of homex proletarian forums dictatorship would be superior to liberal forums democracy, but alas

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
PPJ becoming convinced that the discord Nazi was the real Taylor Swift and posting worse and worse hosed up poo poo to win her heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
PPJ: No guys, I'm hunting Nazis, psshh, I'm NOT trying to make her into my internet girlfriend, I swear, eww, gross, that's hosed up
Mods, all together: *nodding sagely, faint knowing smiles on their lips*