Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Ariong posted:

Hmm, that's a shame. KM always seemed reasonable enough whenever I saw her, and she did make a lot of irritating people very angry just by existing which was always good for a laugh. Shame about this alt account debacle, it's honestly pretty pathetic.

God, all these goddamn bigots, just so angry that I even exist. Look at them, hating me for being such a slay qween, as I punish them arbitrarily for ever disagreeing with me, accompanied by a smug gif of laughter so they know that I have power over them and there's nothing they can do about it

It's so hard being oppressed from all sides for no reason, and only my tickets to Wakanda Con can dry my tears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009

lol holy poo poo

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

if someone could please find the link to the goon cheese fridge losing my job for farting thread I would love you forever, been looking for it for ages

Augh I remember this too. It was in e/n if that helps anyone

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Pick posted:

tbh people making this a "huge deal" have got it wrong. It's hugely FUNNY. It doesn't really matter but it is funny as Hell

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Ariong posted:

Hmm, that's a shame. KM always seemed reasonable enough whenever I saw her, and she did make a lot of irritating people very angry just by existing which was always good for a laugh. Shame about this alt account debacle, it's honestly pretty pathetic.

I'm not sure what to make of the whole FYAD situation. I stand by all the concerns I expressed with the forum back when it was going on, but having an actual productive discussion about it was and still is pretty much impossible. Nuking the forum was a strange decision made unilaterally by Lowtax, who sucks, but honestly I was kind of relieved to at least have a resolution rather than yet another intractable discussion about when it is and isn't okay to make posts with slurs in them.

how about u laugh at the funny posts instead of offering a tedious pointless opinion no one asked for

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Pick posted:

the closest koalas march ever came to women supporting women

I'm going through this thread and holy poo poo im dying here.

Count me in as someone who mostly supported KM cause a lot of the time she was aimed in the right direction but whooooo boy this is some poo poo

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i know they have their problems but i reached out to them to help them when they asked for it, they ignored me and later on just called me an idiot, so i don't have warm feelings for them. im not lovely at their friends or whatever

also uh, apologies for sparring with you earlier in qcs

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Muscle Wizard posted:

how about u laugh at the funny posts instead of offering a tedious pointless opinion no one asked for

they can fight me, ill do it. ill enjoy it.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Crocoswine posted:

Nah it wasn't even funny, just some poo poo about how overpowered Akuma was or something lame

one time it was because people disagreed with her about how strong akuma was without meter, and the other time was because someone told her the only way to get better at something was to practice (this person got banned)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Muscle Wizard posted:

I can do two things.

EDIT: To be clear, it is refreshing to have some good old fashioned nonsense to bring some levity.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

one time it was because people disagreed with her about how strong akuma was without meter, and the other time was because someone told her the only way to get better at something was to practice (this person got banned)

dude you're gonna have to put in some lab time to get KBDs and electrics down

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Ash Crimson posted:

also uh, apologies for sparring with you earlier in qcs

i dont mind sparring at all it's fine. this is a time for laughing not fighting

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

getting better players banned so she wins proves the inferiority of the feeble "practice to get better" stratagem, only confirming my theory that she is actually the most powerful poster of all time

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Tiler Kiwi posted:

they can fight me, ill do it. ill enjoy it.

I'll fight anyone in this thread irl, right now. Meet in the parking lot of the Dairy Queen on Highway 52 in 30 minutes if u want an rear end kicking.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
What are some good fyad jokes

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

VanSandman posted:

tane

edit:

also barnacle jim

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

I know this is from yesterday and we try and not use the word anymore but

quote:

May 25 14:38:45 <Rrail> whats your degree in
May 25 14:38:50 <IDR> Chemistry
May 25 14:39:04 <Rrail> youre an enlisted person with a bachelors degree in chemistry
May 25 14:39:09 <IDR> Yep
May 25 14:39:10 <Rrail> dont take this the wrong way but the CIA doesnt hire retarded people

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

gently caress

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

VanSandman posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749412

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

VanSandman posted:

what are some good clown routines.

*listens intently* that's it? a tiny car? awful. there's nothing funny about energy efficient cars. get this chud poo poo out of here.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

VanSandman posted:

corsair's driveway

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

VanSandman posted:

Me not getting relentlessly mocked if I ever posted there.

because I would, you see.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

VanSandman posted:

Accountability.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Round 3 for the Big loving Idiot

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Accountability.

:grin:

Alaois posted:

lol

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

VanSandman posted:

You could just go look at the forum you know, there's some pretty good posts on the first page.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Alaois posted:

lol

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Accountability.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
*the Star Trek episode with the guy with a white/black face the other guy with a black/white face only it turns out they're the same guy*

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Paladinus posted:

The forbidden tamales, lmao.

I'll probe anyone lucavi wants if they send me a dozen tamales. Bans for two dozen. I miss tamales and suck at cooking them. :(

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

As soon as you become a mod they sit you down and explain Big FYAD to you so you know that they are to be allowed to do anything they want without consequences. It's like being a rookie cop in that way. Only Absurd Alhazred was brave enough to take on the system ... from the outside.

Coming this fall on CBS.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Accountability.

It's abundantly clear how you feel man, just let it lie

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

In the threads of TGRS
A-down in C-Spam forum’s a go go
A-with the gif selection,
And the mirror's reflection,
I'm a postin' with myself

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Elmnt80 posted:

I'll probe anyone lucavi wants if they send me a dozen tamales. Bans for two dozen. I miss tamales and suck at cooking them. :(

*A certain poster adds another mod to the List*

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Accountability.

bro, i gotta say this. i made a fairly quick search through your ban/probation history. not comprehensive or anything, but a small taste. and you probated a grand total of one fyadder in the 100+ bans/probations or so i saw you dishing out. did the mods not permit you to punish the fyadders that were unnaccountably making GBS threads up your forum? or was this perception of fyad after you got demodded and related to the baba gooey incident? usually, when people cry about fyad for as long as you do, they have an axe to grind and got owned by them, but to your credit, i dont even think that happened with you. it seems like you basically never interacted with them on any level and they didnt give a poo poo about you nor you about them. what changed?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

Me not getting relentlessly mocked if I ever posted there.

because I would, you see.

im standing on top of the big diving board at the fyad pool, swinging my arms up and down and doing little squats, about ready to jump in, just in a bit, for nine straight years

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Time to Mod the Forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Moon Slayer posted:

As soon as you become a mod they sit you down and explain Big FYAD to you so you know that they are to be allowed to do anything they want without consequences. It's like being a rookie cop in that way. Only Absurd Alhazred was brave enough to take on the system ... from the outside.

Coming this fall on CBS.

Nobody's going to forget what your attitude was towards criticism of the unaccountable bullying coordination subforum. Just because one of their forums enemies turned out to be a dozens-pages-worth saga shithead doesn't make them good.

Oh, and about that question you asked about how dare I stay here if I don't like it, I stay here because despite the lovely management there is a slowly diminishing number of fun communities here. Also there's interesting stuff in the archives.

Fucker posted:

bro, i gotta say this. i made a fairly quick search through your ban/probation history. not comprehensive or anything, but a small taste. and you probated a grand total of one fyadder in the 100+ bans/probations or so i saw you dishing out. did the mods not permit you to punish the fyadders that were unnaccountably making GBS threads up your forum? or was this perception of fyad after you got demodded and related to the baba gooey incident? usually, when people cry about fyad for as long as you do, they have an axe to grind and got owned by them, but to your credit, i dont even think that happened with you. it seems like you basically never interacted with them on any level and they didnt give a poo poo about you nor you about them. what changed?

Most of the issues I've had to deal with with FYAD were hehind the scenes stuff when I was mod, like how the admins either refused to ask them or were not allowed to change their forums title from slurs and other creepy poo poo (their current one isn't really inviting either). I usually stayed away from them, but them repeatedly making GBS threads up threads in the past few years really started to piss me off, including running out a nice mod, and also being part of letting a tankie become an admin. And what I'm seeing now is, well, what I've described, a lovely bullying forum that is now never going to be taken to account for anything they do, which is exactly how admin acted towards them when I was mod. It's one of the things I hoped would change when Lowtax was no longer owner, but considering that Jeffrey just went and apologized to them, nothing is going to change for the better until they maybe piss him off personally.

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 25, 2020