Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Does anyone have a link to the story of the goon who thought pretending to be a cat was a good way to hide his boner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

If only we could get a Pick vs Three Olives posting thunderdome.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Tashilicious posted:

Pick not understanding why people dislike three olives is like

meta on at least three levels.

I’ve said before that if RSFs ever come back we have to have one that is just a pick vs three olives thunderdome.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

I think it's safe to say almost all 2020 regdates are reregs.

I'd say all but I gifted someone who'd never posted here an account last month.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Thinly veiled queerphobia aside, I think in tyool 2020 we all have far bigger problems to deal with than people who spend thousands of dollars buying uncomfortable costumes and going to conventions.

E: this is re furries, Star Trek/Wars cosplayers are obnoxious

corgski fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Feb 11, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Oh yeah, forgot about tipping 'cause I never do it.

Losers get paid by their employer, why should I supplement that?

Tip your landlord

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

GBS 2.0 was what drove me away from the forums for years, and I only really came back in like 2016 after the culture had started to swing back towards "being a little poo poo for laughs is pathetic actually"

I definitely still miss having a good current events forum, GBS 1.0 was good at being that. Now D&D is just absolutely tedious and C-SPAM is great for blowing off steam but also the intersection of every conspiracy theory ever.

E: v goddamnit, i hate that I'm agreeing with pick

corgski fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 18, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

No you see Koalas March getting harassed off the forums by dumbass FYAD posters means that clearly TGRS self-destructed.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Pick posted:

KM is still posting though?

I didn't know, but she was harassed out of being a mod still. I'm hearing about this second hand honestly - I don't think I've ever had reason to post in TGRS myself. v:shobon:v

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

She literally posted about how she was pissed off at some of the people who would not let drama drop in TGRS.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Oh, yes, that's certainly true. I may have mistranslated corgski's post.

Yeah, this is what I meant. Sorry I wasn't more clear!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Also when poo poo really hit the fan and the admin banned everyone who used that passive income farming technique, DNFJ managed to send our entire bank to a pubbie because the game was that poorly coded.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

The takeaway from that too is that bank transfers done using the official API were done using an exact string match for the guild name instead of a unique ID for the guild.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Buttcoin purse posted:

We're talking this stuff? It looks like it has different ingredients in different countries, I'm assuming if you take a whole bunch of it from the wrong country you just can't cough for weeks or something :v:

:smith:

Diphenhydramine specifically is what people take to see spiders everywhere, I have no clue what Zyrtec does in overdose and I feel bad for the poor idiot who finds out.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

So my fiancé put out a bird feeder and this afternoon I saw two morning doves and a half dozen chickadees going wild over it, it was really cute to watch!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Awww. Chickadees! I don't have a feeder, but recently I've noticed that occasionally sparrows feel brave enough to sit down and chirp right by my door. As soon as I go to look at them through the door and say silly things to them they leave, though.

Oooh I love sparrows! They’re extremely perfect borbs. Hopefully they stick around for more of your standup routine soon!

Supposedly we also have two pairs of cardinals living around our house but I’ve only caught the shortest glimpse of one.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

You’re just jealous you’re not as cute as a floofy borb. :3:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Close, it was shyster which isn’t even a word in common use. It was weird to see.

Anyway do y’all have any good birdseed recommendations? If we keep buying the bagged blends at the hardware store we’re gonna go broke, but there has to be a cheaper way to do it.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Hello goatman, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Proteus Jones posted:

What the hell is everyone up in arms about now?

Someone got really upset that third party candidates are running in the US presidential election and are being discussed in one of the election threads. The probations are all the people who showed up to dunk on that idiot.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

I'm sure they remember it the same way I remember high school, by waking up in a cold sweat after a nightmare.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

As someone whose childhood was entirely free of religion I'm not sure it is possible to express how insane and terribad the Abrahamic faiths seem to me.

Fundamentalist extremists of every stripe are pretty terrible. I think it’s awfully shortsighted to view it as an innate trait of religions of that specific ancient shared origin and not the broader problem of authoritarian (religious or not) leaders acting like authoritarians.

Like compare Reform Judaism to hasidism and they’re two wildly different practices and belief systems, because the reform community isn’t ruled over by a bunch of authoritarians who use religious extremism as a means of social control.

Also I’m a reconstructionist because y’know even reform had too many rules for me. :v:

corgski fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 13, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Comrade Koba posted:

As someone who was once an edgelord internet atheist, I don't think I can express how humbled I am by how faith can be a source of joy, hope, compassion and self-esteem to the marginalized and oppressed. Especially those who live in communities that use aspects of that same faith as an excuse for oppression.

Also this. I really have limited patience for internet atheism because they judge the worth of every religion by the absolute worst people who claim to practice that religion.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Yeah, like I said, I'm not sure it is possible to properly express how bizarre religion appears to me since I didn't grow up with it.

But please don't let that prevent anyone from rushing to the defense of the poor, beleaguered historically dominant world belief systems.

Ah yes those all powerful jews and muslims. :rolleyes:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Like just to put it in perspective there are maybe 75,000 Satmar jews. Out of 14.8 million jewish people worldwide. That’s half a percentage point of crazy fundies, they’re not representative of Jewish practice.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Do you think all Muslims live in marginalized communities in the USA and Europe or something? There are almost two billion Muslims, and they control an enormous swath of the planet.

gently caress off, the guy was being an internet atheist in the worst way and I was making a point about how bullshit his reasoning is. Also I guarantee majority-Muslim nations have far, far less global power than majority-Christian nations.

corgski fucked around with this message at 08:19 on May 13, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

So, is that a yes, or what?

It’s a “you’re an idiot” but you can talk all you want about how much global power Iran wields over in D&D, I’m sure they’ll love your insight.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Oooh that’s a gorgeous bird!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

barbecue at the folks posted:

e: ach, again starting poo poo in the sagas thread, sorry

A good bird deserves another!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

Continuing the religion derail,

UUs are good people. So are quakers, and I know for a fact that outside the sphere of Christianity you can find the same concentration of “atheist or not traditionally theist” people in reconstructionist jewish congregations.

Although really the very concept of god in Judaism isn’t the same as the Christian version of god to begin with, I have atheist friends who are modern orthodox and have no trouble reconciling that with their practice.

And here’s a bird for your time.

On the topic of goon guilds though, FF14’s are really good and probably have the lowest concentration of assholes I’ve ever encountered in an MMO. Everyone is just super kind and supportive.

Also P&W was fun because we were just there to run off the 4chan elements and with full communism in the game it was extremely easy for us to pool resources and become a powerhouse while all the individual channers and nazis stubbornly refused to cooperate with each other.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Is it bad that all of my monkey paws are flipping me off?

No that’s good, for the love of god don’t ask them to stop flipping you off.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Moo the cow posted:

Given a) common thread topics, b) the style of humour here c) the attitude of a significant proportion of posters, I am really surprised it's that small a number.

Here at Something Awful we've realized that killing politicians isn't actually very funny until you get to something like the scale of the french revolution. There's just not too many laughs to be had when one shithead will be replaced with another equal shithead - it's far funnier when you're actually swapping the heads around.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

What did Avshalom do to get re-permaed after they were freed in April? Their rap sheet is curiously silent on that.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Threatened the president. Again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n_NXSa0_Uc

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHkymY6yKMg

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

My fiancé is the second goon I have dated. The first goon dumped me at disney world.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4joV8bgLSDo

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Every goon that wants to torrent poo poo at this point has been on private trackers for at least a decade and have realized that you don’t actually gain dick inches by bragging about whatever exclusive tracker with arcane rules you get your poo poo from.

There’s frankly no point in discussing pirating content in posts here at all outside of like, CSPAM arguments about the morality of copyright law. People can find it if they want.

corgski fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jun 13, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

kiss my gently caress posted:

we would not have a site without pick. go gently caress yourself.

Pick, is in fact more important than lowtax and jeffrey and all the other people who actually make these forums run.

Can we please shut up about pick now. There is nothing that merits completely destroying this loving thread every time pick is mentioned here.

corgski fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jun 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

When is the giant meteor coming to kill us all?