Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Heath posted:

I don't want to imagine what a Persona 3 house would look like. Bloody, probably

Short-lived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Wait hold the loving phone Three Olives eats crustables? HOLY poo poo
I know it's meaningless but this destroys all his fake high society gay cred

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
What kind of idiot would suggest letting BotL back in? He was a stalker and when he wasn't stalking people to harass them he was just harassing people. Truly one of the most worthless assholes of all time.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Schmeichy posted:

There was a goon named Wayne Gretzky who posted pictures in a bunch of threads and included his balls somewhere in the frame each time

It was art.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

Ignore is for 👶

Just because children don't like you and....
dammit there's a good burn here somewhere I just can't make it snappy.
Oh well. Hi Pick how are you?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Does anyone remember an old Buddhism thread where Ruddha broke character to tell someone they were a bad Buddhist? Basically the teacher they were following was corrupt in some fashion and that all the teachings they had on offer could not be trusted.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Gross

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Inceltown posted:

Says the swap.avi exchanger.

.....what? I wasn't even lurking when that got made.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Your redtext. Which is just a random SA History one I dropped on you like a year ago since you didn’t have an av, along with “Tubgirl Enthusiast” on EL BROMANCE, and “Mangosteen Chugger” on Snow Cone Capone.

E:I put “Lemonparty participant” on somebody but gently caress if I can remember who.

I have an av? Nobody told me!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

eating only apples posted:

Maybe that thread was like that in the past but these days it's about people named Kaiiitlyyynn or babies called Gary. No one is making fun of names from other cultures and the racist joke names like La-a and Oranjello are roundly mocked if they come up (which, tbh, they still do with worrying frequency)

Who named a baby Gary? That's almost as bad as Bob.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

You can commit suicide by the real thing, too. It just takes longer.

I think the amount of cholesterol in one large jar might kill me if I ate it all at once.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
If this becomes the It's Okay to Threaten the President website, Something Awful won't last long before Lowtax decides it's not worth it anymore.
Regardless of how low your opinion of Trump is, Lowtax is not in any position to fight the US Government. Go plot revolution somewhere else.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

I once was so tired I saw a squirrel and suddenly, for no reason I can identify, thought it was VanSandman, a poster I've never met.

Help I can't stop laughing

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Ghostlight posted:

we speak english not latin i'm a huge prick

Is the word filter back?

Yeah the gun forums and GiP are waaaaay lefter than any other gun or soldier forum I've ever seen.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

smite me croissant god (or whatever you are? i don't get what that thing is)

Barack Obama did about 95% of what Reagan did. He wasn't horrid, for example, he thinks I'm a person and not a sinner in need of re-education. However he's only on the left insofar as you look at him and think "eh, better than Bush or Trump"

You're a goddam moron if you think Barack Fuckin Obama is crazy progressive

This ain't the Obama Record Denunciation Zone, Mr. Ho.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

EasilyConfused posted:

How is finding drugs on the ground common enough for this to be an issue.

Ever played Space Station 13?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Some people are gonna fry their brain SOMEHOW. TCC lets those on the fence choose wisely.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I will die on goatman hill

the freedom to discuss the goatman is one of the most sacred to something awful

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

Once I'm perma'd I'm done. there's no pick without pick :colbert:

Somewhere, an admin starts a pro/con list.

pentyne posted:

It was either dare or IWC who would re-reg back to back a bunch of times with some absolute stellar usernames.

some of the worst, most disastrous human beings to ever post on something awful have some legendarily good user names.

And then there's Aatrek, a poo poo name from a shittier person

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Are y'all just playing along with Pick's obvious trolling or am I the only one who can spot her giggling like a moron as she slowly winds you all up.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

maybe make it like /r9K where each user gets a timer, like your first hundred posts are just a 10 minute timeout, then it rachets up.

I don't think a loving Nazi forum is where we want to be looking for advice

Pick posted:

To be honest, most of this website's problems would be solved if every post that somebody made in the politics forums instantly resulted in a six hour probation no matter what it was

Do you want thousand word screeds? Because this is how you get thousand word screeds

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'm glad this is a forum and not a workplace because Seraph gives off some big 'murder spree' vibes.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
When Something Awful ends the last two posters will be Pick and someone getting mad at Pick.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Shifty Nipples posted:

I had to google that poo poo cause I was imagining Lowtax getting beat down by fish fins.

That explains the spine....

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Does Seraph do charge backs?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

a goon gave me a really hard time when i said if i was FORCED to loot one store it would be williams-sonoma

This is the most possible Pick answer.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

also I think Doobie gets a lot of play because that's probably the biggest saga that most of us were actually around for in some way

like very very few of us were actually here during, say, P-P-P-POWERBOOK or any of the similar "classic" ones

Yeah the days of Something Awful being a truly anarchic place where people would just.... do wild poo poo and post about it are done, because the forums have shrunk and we who stayed got old.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I believe that there are only 11 people that post here, all the other
200,000+ accounts are alts and re-regs.

Pick is not a poster, they are an ecosystem held up entirely by trolling.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Moo the cow posted:

There's a good chance that they were just spoofing the user agent string on their browser to make it appear that way.

~Posted via Samsung SmartFridge.

How does that work? Do you just spoof the device id somehow? Could you make it a your mom joke or does it have to be some sort of pre-existing id?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Hub Cat posted:

Did spoonguy landlord ever post the manifesto??

:argh: No

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I do think there is an artistry in username choice that is somehow triggered by a ban.
Some of the usernames on this site are works of tiny humorous art.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

purple death ray posted:

We're going to feel so dumb when it's revealed that Avshalom was Mara Wilson the whole time.

I've heard Avshalom speak. Unless Mara is deeply Australian, this is impossible.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'm gonna get perma'd by Lowtax when I tell him to gently caress off personally.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Which psychotic re-reg are you?

There's been a lot of lovely, lovely people who's usernames I've never seen before deciding now is the time to just rail against everything.

I think they're old FYAD parachutes but gently caress 'em all they suck.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Big Dick Cheney posted:

I think I've been reading the MilHist thread in Ask/Tell for at least 5 years and the 'tank destroyer' has always been a meme about an argument that never ends, but I've never seen the actual arguments. Could someone clue me in on what the big deal is?

Tank Destroyer Doctrine was an idea used by the Western Allies (US, UK) that Tanks should be used to fight infantry and Tank Destroyers should be used to kill enemy tanks. Tank Destroyers look a lot like tanks but often have weaker armor and bigger guns than tanks of similar size. It was somewhat effective in that Tank Destroyers did get kills on German tanks but more often than not regular western Tanks ended up fighting German tanks too, and got ripped to shreds sometimes because their primary mission wasn't tank fighting.

The debate is: how stupid was this idea.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sharks are smooth?!?!

If you hear anguished screaming, it's just me and safe to ignore.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I have exclusively browsed these forums on the awfulapp for iphone for like four years.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

ThingOne posted:

Not if you never went to sleep.

God what a loving loser.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

fauna posted:

i'd be lying if i said i didn't picture him as joffrey from got

Joffrey from GoT would be a good username for a parody account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I know I'm like four pages late but did Koala's March really try and lead some form of extremely dumb coup by taking down FYAD?