Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I really like the tile over the counter/stove, actually.

This stuff?

It always looks so cheap and fake in reality, IMO

I also really hate that 90% of the cabinets match except for the ones above the stove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

It was amusing watching them turn on each other thinking they were the goons, and never suspected who it actually was.

Related, there was also the amazing seasteading thread about Randoids who completely misunderstood Rapture from Bioshock and wanted to build places out on the sea so they could do all the meth and sex slaves they wanted. Again, a bunch of sad broken people getting way too into the fantasy they were buying into. It also created a ton of wonderful short stories by goons which is collected somewhere.

Did they miss the part where it almost immediately collapses into horrifying violence?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

drat I thought KF was gone again and got all excited

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

huh, that's how I've always parsed it too :lol:

Also I feel like the kids thinking he had weed on him was perfectly valid because, let's be honest, eating an entire pizza by yourself on a park bench has strong marijuana energy.

whoa did your username text get all fancy?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

what they said :)

I swear it looks like it has a shadow or an embossing that wasn't there before.

I did just start wearing contacts again for the first time in months so that's probably it :prepop:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

The computer janitor with the tactilol loadout and quickdraw holster is hard to beat.

I worked at PAX East the 1st or 2nd year they did it, and the head guy for all the peon security people was basically this guy. Big pasty nerd with a bunch of tactilol poo poo (also one one of the days he wore this loving tactical kilt thing, it was hilarious)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I swear she came back briefly more recently than that?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

bell jar posted:

zoop zoop

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

There is already a "bad video games opinions" thread, keep that poo poo out of here

But also

Alaois posted:

shut the gently caress up guy mann
Just in general

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Here's something neat: the smilie list is archived!

https://web.archive.org/web/20080626153026/https://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=showsmilies

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Tashilicious posted:

I think current events of the past few months should answer this question handily.

Reminder that yogoblin, a known creepy and harrasser, was un-permabanned by Lowtax because he whinged to lowtax in discord. He was only recently re-permad after a long and drawn out argument about it.

He's modding lowtax's Youtube streams now

you can't make this poo poo up

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jan 24, 2020

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Paladinus posted:

I'm not sure he is anymore.

this is from last night

as a bonus, yobgoblin mocking someone else's drug use and weird internet habits is :ironicat: as gently caress

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I always thought Scarfolk was like the British meme version of Night Vale tbh

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Whatever you do, don't.

No*

*No

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

purple death ray posted:

Being a 'regular' on this site is like going to your local bar to hang out with friends but the bar is teetering over the mouth of an active volcano and someone's currently sawing through the floor joists to install a new bathtub

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm just sad that Loss still gets posted but the wedding speech ones don't get as much airtime, because they're really loving bad

Also, am I making this up or did that comic pivot really randomly into like a Terminator, the-robot-kills-everyone evil future thing?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Actually I'm like 99% sure the evil robot kills his wife in the evil grimdark reboot or whatever it was

^^^^^^ there it is lol

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

IMO he forgot he made that thread

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Len posted:

My fiancee thought it was so funny to text me laffy Taffy jokes and then I sent her that

:bisonyes:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Platystemon posted:

Plot twist: a rival guild corp poisoned his father so he would be forced to step away from the game.

If you told me this happened in EVE I would 100% believe you

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

This is probably covered in that thread but Duke Cannon soaps are loving awful, to boot.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Who's that ding-dong?

I think that's Kid Rock

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My hot LP take is that I vastly prefer the stills-and-text ones to anything with video. Not necessarily because I hate hearing people talk on those videos, but just because I enjoy reading more.

I don't remember who did it, but the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 LP that was on here was probably the best one I've encountered, and not just because it went in-depth on a lot of the cut content and behind-the-scenes poo poo.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Admiralty Flag posted:

I was just about to post that Scorchy's KOTOR 2 LP is the best LP I've ever seen...it teases apart a complex, unreliable narrative told partially through the eyes of a group of right bastard NPCs while being funny as hell, having to reconstruct a significant percentage of the game that was cut for launch, and he does it all with screenshots.

It was great. He goes into theorycrafting without :tinfoil:ing too much, details a TON of the cut content, and tbqh I came away from the LP with a much different understanding of a lot of the plot beats from when I actually played the game myself.

e: it might have some to do with how bonkers a lot of stuff about KOTOR2 was (some of the story implications were so big that when Disney dumped the old SW canon, they told virtually everybody associated with Extended Universe stuff "hey we're starting over", except Bioware. The Kylo Ren = Darth Revan theory persisted right up until the new trilogy came out, simply because for some reason both Disney and Bioware adamantly refused to say "yes, KOTOR also got thrown out with the rest of the EU stuff" (and because their masks looked so drat similar)

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 19, 2020

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

pentyne posted:

Word from Obsidian was they basically wrote in the draft all that stuff, the morally grey Jedi, the philosophical stuff, etc. and sent it for approval expecting a bunch of notes and edit from Lucasfilm and got back a "sure whatever just do that." They were pretty sure no one at Lucasfilm who saw it cared or expected it to actually get made.

That tracks pretty well with "oh crap we accidentally approved some Deep Philosophy Re: The Force, what do we do"

It's mostly notable because 99% of the old canon timeline before the movies was "a galaxy-spanning war between Jedi and Sith that took place [x] thousand years ago" repeated ad-nauseum; in KOTOR2 at least they try to examine "well why does this cycle keep happening?"

e: I mean poo poo, they tried to start as fresh as they could by doing a comic series >100 years after the movies and it still almost immediately fell back into Jedi vs. Sith tropes, IIRC (except the good guy was an edgy loner who would see visions of Luke berating him when he got high on Space Drugs)

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 19, 2020

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The finale of that show was loving brutal though

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Telsa Cola posted:

Wait, this isnt the sitcom one where they realize they are all hosed from climate change?

It is heavily implied they die due to an ice age. This ice age is explicitly shown to be the end result of capitalism, and the capitalists who caused the apocalypse continue to profit off it.

quote:

The series finale of Dinosaurs, titled "Changing Nature", depicts the irresponsible actions of the dinosaurs toward their environment, and the ensuing Ice Age which leads to their demise. In the episode, a swarm of Bunch Beetles are unable to show up and devour a form of creeper vine. Charlene discovers that WESAYSO has constructed a wax fruit factory called FruitCo on the swampland that serves as the Bunch Beetles' breeding grounds, causing the extinction of the species (save for one male named Stan). Fearing a public relations fiasco more than any environmental threat, WESAYSO quickly puts Earl in charge of an attempt to destroy the vines, which have grown out of control without the beetles to keep them in check. Earl proposes spraying the planet with defoliant, which causes the destruction of the vines, but also kills off all plant life on the planet. B.P. Richfield assumes that the creation of clouds will bring rain, allowing the plants to grow back, and so decides to create clouds by dropping bombs in the planet's volcanoes to cause eruptions and cloud cover. The dark clouds instead cause global cooling, in the form of a gigantic cloud-cover simulating the effects of what the viewer would recognize as nuclear winter that scientists estimate would take "tens of thousands of years" to dissipate. B.P. Richfield dismisses this as a "4th quarter problem" and states that WESAYSO is currently making record-breaking profits from the cold weather selling blankets, heaters, and hot cocoa mix as the result of the "cold snap." Later, Earl apologizes to his family and Stan for his actions that led to the end of the world. Baby is assured that no matter what happens, they will always be a family. At DNN, Howard Handupme concludes his final broadcast.

It was surprisingly prescient, tbqh

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FuturePastNow posted:

and the spiky tail to beat the poo poo out of other dinos

:colbert:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Peanut Butler posted:

idk if 'prescient' so much as 'this has been a recognized problem that nobody does anything about for decades now'

I don't think there were a lot of other 90's sitcoms going "lol capitalism is going to destroy the planet and kill us all" is what I was getting at

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Holy poo poo, now there's a brand I haven't seen in decades. I think I had some of their knockoff Legos, too.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Lmao good troll pick

Just mention Stephen King and watch the thread derail itself

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I bought some novelty knives and butane lighters off NYC_Tattoo like 10 years ago, I think it was all just straight-from-China junk but I was satisfied at the time.

Also before he was an admin he ruled SA-Mart with a loving iron fist, no subforum had less tolerance for breaking the rules and threadshitting.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Fluffdaddy is also the least-receptive-to-feedback mod I've ever seen on this website, and if you peruse the leper's colony there are multiple chunks of probations from them against people posting legitimate grievances and issues with their moderation style. Also multiple of the most-active threads in that subforum were locked without warning, with very little justification beyond "this conversation is uninteresting to me" or "this discussion is not going in the direction I, as mod of this subforum, feels it should go in"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Who What Now posted:

QCS... where he is now mod

hahahahaha what the gently caress

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Well it's not like we can bring any of this up in QCS.

:vince:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The 3 purple/gold heart logos are goon guilds in Final Fantasy 14. It's pretty nice to have a huge amount of resources available for newbies, I don't think there's ever been any large-scale griefing on the part of goons in that game.

e: to clarify I'm not even sure what the points system on that list means, I just know that the guilds ("Free Companies") grant great bonuses, everyone is super-friendly and helpful for running actual content, and people are happy to craft high-end gear for peanuts. It's a pretty great community

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lol even the Always Sunny gang understood that the famous Revenge of the Nerds locker room scene was sexual assault and that's a show about literally the worst people imaginable

e: they even mention the whole "why did they call these things 'pranks' when they're obviously just sexual harrassment/assault" bit

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 4, 2020

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Anne Whateley posted:

The big romcoms I remember from the last couple years are Isn't It Romantic, The Big Sick, and To All the Boys I've Loved Before, none of which really have a plot like that.

But obviously there's a lot of stuff I haven't watched or seen, which I'm asking about. Pentyne has a great example

yes I totally get that, it was appalling, Sixteen Candles, Porky's, etc., I'm just asking about more recent examples that would affect kids today and not 35 years ago

Oh I dunno, sorry to be clear I wasn't throwing that out as a Gotcha or anything, the topic just reminded me of the extremely rare occasion of the Always Sunny gang encountering something too gross and lovely even for them.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sleeveless posted:

That's not what it's about at all. If anything the woman is the groomer because she first meets the time traveler when he's a young man who has no idea who she is because he didn't start meeting her as a child until later in his life after she had already hosed him and instilled in him how important her growing up with him as a friend was to her.

Also the only reason he kept traveling to the spot outside her house is because it's where he's eventually killed and his body reflexively goes to places that are important in his life, it being the backdrop of a lifelong friendship and then relationship for both of them is just a happy accident.

lol

oh Guy Mann never change :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I don't have a joke to go with it but Bulbasaurouboros is funny to say out loud