Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you are good. the complaint was never about d&d mods modding, it was about ppj.

however, they should also make nichael mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seriously 2.0
May 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I think you're cool LK, you handled the recent drama better than many of the other mods and admins. I think you would be a good cspam mod.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

someone in the china thread assumed that lightning knight was a tankie for no reason so i think its safe to describe him as a culture fit

speaking of other threads wampa lord has effectively been acting as the moderator of the political cartoons thread by very chillly laying down the law that prickly city is banned for being boring and pointless but day by day is allowed because its perverse and disturbing in an entertaining way and no one even bothers arguing with him because hes the personification of his avatar

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

LK you should just post in C-SPAM more, it is basically just like D&D except with a far higher percent of good people.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

eric ciaramella posted:

you are good. the complaint was never about d&d mods modding, it was about ppj.

however, they should also make nichael mod.

Let's remember we're also not happy with Logik

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

we were proven right about ppj and should be allowed to be proven right about nichael

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

someone in the china thread assumed that lightning knight was a tankie for no reason so i think its safe to describe him as a culture fit

speaking of other threads wampa lord has effectively been acting as the moderator of the political cartoons thread by very chillly laying down the law that prickly city is banned for being boring and pointless but day by day is allowed because its perverse and disturbing in an entertaining way and no one even bothers arguing with him because hes the personification of his avatar

its super common for iks to be basically petite-mod for a big thread or two

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

mp5 posted:

Let's remember we're also not happy with Logik

Co-signed

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

I don't post a lot here. I'm okay with LK as mod, they're definitely better than any other mod I can think of. They talk to the community, not a Nazi, and not a shithead.

That said, Logikv needs to go, and we need community selected mods from the people who post here ASAP.

Finally, I understand LK is in a tight spot since Lowtax owns the site, but "Lastgirl should take it up with Lowtax" when he had like 200+ unread PMs in that NYE Livestream and the mods and admins themselves seem to barely be able to get him to talk to them is... Not particularly helpful? Like, I understand probably the only thing that WILL work, but still.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Eh, you're fine. I'm in favour.

Also I volunteer to mod if ya'll will have me, I will rule with both kindness and a guillotine's cold sharp decisiveness.

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
sending in the good cop/sacrificial lamb huh?

Sincerely,
Al!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

All I really want outta C-SPAM Mods is some levelheadedness, an ability to take criticism, and I guess to actually understand this dumbass community.

They also have to want to do it. Logik seems like he's barely around.

Oh and a sense of humor is nice too.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

I really don't know anything about Lightning Knight. Good or bad.

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
you would be a good mod of cspam LK.

logik9v should also step down.

ArkhamPraetor
Sep 11, 2011
I mostly just lurk here so my opinion should probably count less but you seem good.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Fine with LK being here. Logik still needs to go.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I mostly lurk but you seem like a good person.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

You truly are the tribune of the plebs, Lightning Knight - I just pray that you don't end up like half of them. :ohdear:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I'm good with lk but how the hell did cspam campaign to get logik out and somehow got half the board demodded except for him????

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

Hi. My name is Lightning Knight. Most of you probably know me as "a D&D mod." I've been a lot of things on this forum, most of them bad, as it were.

I come to you today because two of the CSPAM mods, Captain_Maclaine and Sheng-Ji Yang, have recently stepped down. The administrators have planned to add more mods from CSPAM, and ideally determine who CSPAM would like who is a good candidate, but that takes time. As such, they decided that since CSPAM seems to inexplicably at least tolerate me, they would ask me to change roles from D&D mod to CSPAM mod.

I am ok with this. I never posted in CSPAM regularly before becoming a mod, because I found it intimidating. But I have come to enjoy it and post in both D&D and CSPAM fairly regularly. CSPAM is a very different space with very different moderation expectations that I hope I could meet, but it would of course be a learning process.

However

One of CSPAM's core complaints has been a lack of feedback or communication from admins and a perception that moderation is "other" to the forum. So I come today to ask you, users of CSPAM, if you are ok with me becoming a mod of your subforum. If you say no, I won't feel bad. I will stay in D&D and things will progress otherwise. If you say yes, I will switch over, pending administrator action.

I leave this issue to you to discuss. I hope you speak charitably of me.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

LK

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

welcome to cspam binch

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Squizzle posted:

welcome to cspam binch

lmfao

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Squizzle posted:

welcome to cspam binch

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

free lighting knight

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

squzzle resign

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Now probe Squizzle back. It's what C-SPAM would do.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Or don't, whatever.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

probing a mod is what got zoux banned and kicked out of cspam forever

youre on thin ice squizzle

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a Mod war.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
cspam arriving in qcs to demand LK's freedom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lskbcblDDes

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm good with lk but how the hell did cspam campaign to get logik out and somehow got half the board demodded except for him????

I'm wondering this as well. LK would make a fine mod here, although I want to see logik replaced with Wampalord and Nichael as well. CSPAM deserves only good mods, and given how big it's gotten, it could use more than a handful.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Squizzle posted:

welcome to cspam binch

lmao

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Squizzle posted:

welcome to cspam binch

That's another lmfao

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

oh yeah i forgot squizzle is a mod now. mod on mod violence is not only encouraged, it's allowed.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
you're cool and you play warframe, a game where you murder cops and soldiers as handsome faceless cyborg men with fantastic asses and help mutilated cyborg workers form the beginnings of communism

yeah, you're okay

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Welcome. Don't gently caress this up.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Yeah that's fine but also mod some of the other people mentioned too (wampa lord/nichael/lastgirl) since CSPAM is such a high traffic forum.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Majorian posted:

LK would make a fine mod here, although I want to see logik replaced with Wampalord and Nichael as well. CSPAM deserves only good mods, and given how big it's gotten, it could use more than a handful.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Squizzle posted:

welcome to cspam binch

let_them_fight.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
You’re fine.

Dont mod WampaLord or Last Girl or anyone else suggested. Learn from FYAD.