Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Huge gently caress off storm blowing in from the ‘woom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Wow if you just hit ‘last post’ and wanted to see what was at the bottom of the last page here’s a tip: don’t

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Rad, a megastorm, two people got zeus'd

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Our power is out and there’s 10 minutes of Facebook discussion about where in the village doesn’t have power but when I called Energex to report it they made me check my fuse box bc I’m the first person to report it to them

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hambeet posted:

He covered Simon & Garfunkel's Sound of Silence.

He also remixed John Cage's 4'33

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Wow if you just hit ‘last post’ and wanted to see what was at the bottom of the last page here’s a tip: don’t

prude

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

was mixed in with the black metal, humphrey reppin it

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Apparently the new mayhem album is actually good? Can you confirm?

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Big Willy Style posted:

Apparently the new mayhem album is actually good? Can you confirm?

nope haven't been into that stuff since late 90s early 2000s, it's literally nazi's most of the way down but i kept a few records as collectors items.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
We got about three drops of rain out of our "severe thunderstorm". Didn't even get any thunder and lightning.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah same although we could see the lightning loving up beaudesert which presumably is what lost us power. V underwhelming. Considering switching off the mains tap to the tank so I can hose even though hose day was Saturday.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The backyard has come up so lush and green that the Roos that normally scratch their balls in back paddock all day have hopped over the fence and are mowing my grass for me bless em

Rip my olive trees though, they loving love olive leaves a lot

Lotsa joeys in pouches which is surprising bc it’s been way too hot to gently caress lately

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
All the animals will need to gently caress like a billion times

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Isaac posted:

Iirc the maths behind how much they actually need to gently caress is v complex and one of the variables is ‘how likely are offspring to get picked off by a hawk’ which around here is quite high

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It’s much simpler for humans whose only known variable on how much they need to gently caress is how many times their housemates go out for dinner together

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I’m still writing, editing and deleting a Facebook rant over and over again that it’s absurd our local pub run by a fuckin giant corporation doesn’t have a genny to get a beer when the power goes down

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

on brand

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Iirc the maths behind how much they actually need to gently caress is v complex and one of the variables is ‘how likely are offspring to get picked off by a hawk’ which around here is quite high

Ive worked it out: one billion times

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Well, that was a nice storm. Hope it comes back.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

naeka posted:

nope haven't been into that stuff since late 90s early 2000s, it's literally nazi's most of the way down but i kept a few records as collectors items.

Black metal diversified a lot over the last 20 years ago and there's plenty of good non-nazi stuff, sometimes you find something random that you like and have to do a bit of homework though. There's Norse mythology and there's Norse mythology

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think most of the good European black metal bands segued into ambient drone stuff at some point, American black metal is more what I see people listen to nowadays presumably bc they’re usually a lot less obtuse about it if they are outright nazis

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I think most of the good European black metal bands segued into ambient drone stuff at some point
Sometimes they experiment with pop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHE28JiuSQk

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Never seen hail like we had today in Canberra. Any car left on the street is a write off. Work is closed tomorrow while they fix the building

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

oh yea most recent black metal record i got was marid - ٧٧٧٧٧٧٧ which is insanely good but as a whole i bounced off the genre. my most listened to songs on spotify last year were all britney spears, grunge or folk music so a huge shift from growing up.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Isaac posted:

Lets all get affiliate station mascot avatars

anyone else remember Mr Doo Bee

Only registered members can see post attachments!

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Zazi posted:

anyone else remember Mr Doo Bee

I AM A ROMPER ROOM DO BEE! I have a mug somewhere with him on it but my main coffee one is my agro mug from hungry jacks circa 89 or 90.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
my car windscreens smashed but it was already like that

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Isaac posted:

A bunch of stores here in Belgium have stopped selling roo meat after some footage of how they are hunted was aired on local tv. The spokesperson for the campaign to ban it said it was especially bad to kill roos now since "we don't know how many are left after the fires".

It was hard having to explain to people here that the answer to that question was millions. There are millions of roos left.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

abigserve posted:

Never seen hail like we had today in Canberra. Any car left on the street is a write off. Work is closed tomorrow while they fix the building

How much of Canberra got hit? I've got a car in an open air storage joint in Fyshwick, wonder if I need to make some phone calls...

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Tirade posted:

How much of Canberra got hit? I've got a car in an open air storage joint in Fyshwick, wonder if I need to make some phone calls...

City and belco got clobbered, not sure about Fyshwick

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im in braddon and i think we got like a couple of frozen peas

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

I was at the uni and no cars were spared I will tell ya that much

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Looks like the mountains are in for another storm. The thunder has started although it's low and distant atm

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Aight cheers, will send the storage folks an email.

I've got a mate that had to pull over while driving through it, he took a video of his windscreen getting completely wrecked. He's lucky it didn't shatter completely.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think a cicada just pissed on me wtf

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Makin chutney

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

NVJ busks playing beautiful music off of safety button lids for jars

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I think a cicada just pissed on me wtf

They dump excess liquids to lighten themselves for a getaway, it's a very cicada thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Buying weed in a shop in Canada from pretty girls with face piercings is the weirdest fuckin poo poo ever and gently caress my socks it's strong as hell. Even my seasoned rear end is being handed to me by half a joint.

Canada knows how to be.