Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

the guy who led the protest against the drag queen in the Brisbane Library killed himself.

Source??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

tardwrangler posted:

I blame the parents for naming him after a volleyball

Never trust someone with a first name as a last name or a last name as a first name or both at the same time

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

naeka posted:

My nan always said not to trust people with 2 first names and this rule has served me well.

A guy at uni used to say two front names

Still valid

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Jestery posted:

There is a story I heard about a PE teacher who quit like 6 months into his job because he found the kids too attractive

What uhhhh
What grade was he teaching?

There was a rumour one of the art teachers at my high school had some sort of inappropriate relationship with a year 12 girl at a previous school but idk how true that was

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Jestery posted:

The story only informs high school

While still bad, I'm more glad you didn't say primary school

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

ili posted:

Can you still see the nazi flag though?

This kills the crab

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Backyard shirtless drunk boxing matches broadcasted on YouTube let’s go boys our thread Mum needs us

No dog shots/king hits allowed but

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

The Rabbi T. White posted:

While your country burns down, I’d like to remind you all that you’re affecting our air quality, too. Don’t come over the ditch - gently caress off, we’re full.

(You’re always welcome here so long as you bring some coke)

Australian coke is trash. It's usually cut with ket afaik, I've never had the "breath mint for the brain" effect from it. I had two fairly decent lines at a mate's wedding and I didn't really feel any different tbh

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

My car's engine couldn't start (it could turn over and make lots of noise though), so I had to call RACQ to come out and look at it.
The dude they sent spent 5 minutes poking around under the bonnet to make sure everything was still there, then sat behind the wheel, floored the accelerator and kept the key turned for a minute until poo poo started :saddowns:
Apparently the fuel line was a bit blocked. Turns out "flog that poo poo until it go's" actually works sometimes.

Was worried you'd prolapsed so hard you'd disappeared into yourself like an ouroborous and tbh I'm glad you're still alive and posting

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Post your favourite graffiti poem

Mine sticks with me from the park at a school in Bundy

"Eat soap, smoke dope, and fly home in a bubble"

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Compared to NZ coke, it is loving amazing.

That's P hosed tbh

I have friends who lived in Canada for a couple years and everyone who visited them said the coke over there was way better than what's in Australia

Got woken up about an hour early by the sulfur crested cockatoos screeching in the neighbourhood this morning. Fuckin things

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

every person I know who has gone to work the slopes in canada came back with a monster coke problem so I just assume it is cheap as chips there

My mates were saying that in Canada it's maybe a quarter to a fifth of the price in Australia, and it's relatively pure whereas ours is cut as gently caress (allegedly with ketamine but idk)

McSpergin fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 15, 2020

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Mrs turnbeug also bought a camera, and it’s really cool and we are both having fun and I should have some lovely hi res bird shots later today but the thing about it I feel most compelled to post itt atm is that she refuses to pronounce it any way except ‘cam-ehr-ah’ and I can’t get a conversation in to ask to use it bc she says it and I break down laughing and she gets cut and I feel bad about using it

Is she like a mail order bride learning English or something?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I ordered a couple scalpels on Wish for wood marking knives (am not a surgeon nor would I trust Chinese scalpel blades that were free with a free scalpel) and 3 turned up, winner winner chicken dinner

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I'm thankful reading all you guys' stories that my mental health is just mild general anxiety and is entirely stress driven.
I just meditate and occasionally nip in to see my psychologist and I'm golden.

My caveat when seeing my psych was that I refuse to take meds because I don't want my dick to stop working.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Realised I ordered 5x $10k pump heads today instead of 3x when the truck showed up with our sea freight and there was a lot more boxes than I was expecting.

Not to worry, I'll be Legasov in a month or two anyway

Ayy lmao

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Yet somehow entirely avoiding Sydney.

God speed rain clouds

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Thats a dog act

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyQ1bWBifes

The drive scene at the end is my old way to work in Brookvale when I lived in Parramatta (one of them anyway). loving spit bridge

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Woke up to the sound of relatively gentle rain and light squawks from the sulfur crested cockatoos in the neighbourhood, solid 8/10 alarm tbh

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

tardwrangler posted:

Memories of the Spit Bridge always include dad stopping at the Crown of the Hill bottlo to buy longnecks. is the big crown still there at the top?

Nah not to my knowledge, I think there's a woolies / BWS power combo around there now

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Laserface posted:

its rich bogans who grew up on the streets.

so you're unlikely to get rolled by lads walking down the street, but you will absolutely get chewed out by a woman that looks like P!NK who reckons you stole her car space in the woolies car park.

Have lived here for 6 months (probably closer to St Ahves than the beaches) and this is absolutely true.

My co-worker is born and bred northern beaches and he's an ex cone punching bogan

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Eating battered fried pickled jalapeno slices. Highly recommended

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

NPR Journalizard posted:

I have a bunch of chilli plants just coming into fruit now, and jalapeno poppers are definately in my future.

Also, fermented chilli sauce.

I had 6 jalapeno plants at one point and the heat got every single one in a heatwave. They made a ridiculous amount of fruit

Laserface posted:

Finished work for two weeks and tomorrow I'm off to central Canada to live the mountain life, snowboard, buy weed in a shop and eat poutine.

If I'm lucky I'll find a Sheila and never have to come back to this lovely country

Send photo of poutine

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Me and the Mrs talked about doing a few years abroad contracting. I said Singapore or Scotland, she suggested new Zealand but Scotland also got a good response. I'd even consider Ireland

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Jestery posted:

I have a penis chili plant growing atm, he is a grower not a shower rn

I think I got some seeds for one. I need to live in a more temperate climate that doesn't scorch me plants

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Tokamak posted:

It's the night before I'm brewing a beer, which is the traditional time to begin creating the actual beer recipe.

Bit early isn't it?
Sometimes I'd come up with mine while looking at the grain bags at the brew shop

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

This is my housemate's dog. He is called Buddy, he's part Kelpie part staffy. He's I think 7 or 8 months old and is relatively well behaved but is v bored at the moment because it's raining

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

tardwrangler posted:

Before Humphrey was Owly

I wonder what massively inappropriate name that creature behind the owl in the cave had?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Visible Stink posted:

I have no idea what any of you are talking about. There might have been something similar up in bundy when I was a lad but I sure don’t remember it

Nah, it's a reasonably new thing. My soon to be 12yo cousin grew up with it but I don't remember anything like it. Maybe mum and dad just didn't watch much commercial TV

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Sitting on the beach at Narrabeen last night after dinner with the Mrs stargazing and decided to try out the night photography mode on my Pixel 4XL. Interesting how it shows the incredibly huge amount of light pollution from Sydney/Manly

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

We got frozen peas sized hail at worst in the northern beaches and it lasted all of 5 mins

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Reason number 46383 I can't wait to move into my own place soon:
Landlord/housemate is a divorcee, and has recently started seeing a new lady. She has 3 kids.

He announced to me ON FRIDAY that they were all coming to stay for a week.. and they arrived on Sunday. So now my house is overrun with 3 young kids all hyper obsessed with fortnite. Hooray

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Jestery posted:

Update, chutney is good

Nice. I got my grandad's recipe for mango chutney recently and need to do a batch, it's v good

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Start date at Lucas Heights has been confirmed, time to find a place to live on my own with no boomers inviting their build a family over

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I'm gonna say the Vietnamese based on their knowledge of pastry and sausage meat

My grandma's old neighbour made the best tbh
I think she made everything from scratch

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Kharnifex posted:

Best sosso roll, wild rover in Sydney,

Best bakery nationality, Viet

Worst, chinese

Where is this wild rover

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Big Willy Style posted:

Looks like they use frozen puff pastry sheets, look similar to what me and my mum make. Deffo get good results but not gonna beat out freshly made with butter, suet or shortening.

Best sausage rolls I've had are from Mt Morgan bakery in Qld. Emu Park also has some phenomenal sausage rolls.

I also really like Goldean Lea bakery pies and sausage rolls in Berala, they're a Viet mob. Not fancy but really well done and no nonsense. Only issue I have with them is that they don't serves peas. Lots of places in Sydney don't and it's a little hosed up

Bun bun bakery in Springvale (south eastern melbs for the non melb goons) is the best banh mi I've ever had and I make the 40 minute drive out there if I'm in Melbourne every time. Any time I had to go there for work at my old job it was usually to royal Melbourne golf club and I'd take a detour

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Whom amongst us has forgotten Yatala Pies

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

When we got back from Thailand that was the first thing I had to eat in Australia on the way back to my mate's from Coolangatta airport, it was the goods

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Blow posted:

gently caress yeah. I worked there for a few years. Pool, tennis courts, soccer fields. Everyone is mostly friendly and chill.

Lots of very secure parking :lol:

Really? What did you do?
Pool has me rigid if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Blow posted:

Hope you like SAP (I don't). The network is blindingly fast.

I'll just be there on a 3 year contract at this point as a design engineer for their waste processing plant. Something to do with their SYNROC thing but beyond that I just know it's a process plant

The cafeteria sucks. Just drive to the Menai Marketplace, it's like 3 mins away.

I think I've been there, had some decent chicken from a place there

I still gotta find a place to live, preferably within 10 mins or so. Menai seems relatively good. It's so much cheaper out there too compared to Parramatta and the North beaches tbh

Going clay shooting this arvo with current work for our Xmas party kinda thing then going to some indian place in Terrey hills that's apparently one of the best indian restaurants in Sydney