Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I thought the folks going up against the cops were brave, but this person's willingly thumbing their nose at an HOA. As a renter, even!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The shut-in lifestyle is really being validated lately.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for asking my husband to stop scratching his face?

I got some people in health care in my family and I give like a general issue, normal amount of a poo poo about people like, not coughing on me and my poo poo and like... you would be surprised how many

loving weird assholes

are just like 'Oh man why are you such a germophobe when you're like 'Hey maybe don't smear your loving SPIT A LL OVER MY poo poo!!

This was before Covid but like, especially now. If you havn't yet learned how not to loving cough like an adult you should be forced to wear a grille over your mouth that shocks you when it unobstructed spittle flying out of your stupid worthless jaw

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

elise the great posted:

any of them that get bleached from the acidity of normal vaginal/cervical secretions,

I thought bleach was on the opposite end of the pH scale from acid?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Machai posted:

I thought bleach was on the opposite end of the pH scale from acid?

Not sure if you're being facetious or not but bleaching as a verb can also mean removing all colour from an object. As in sun-bleached bones or whatnot.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Licarn posted:

Computer touchers shouldn't be allowed to have children

I also support eugenics on the engineers.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Smirking_Serpent posted:

[CA] Our community pool has a lock/chain around it with a “COVID-19” sign. I am going to cut it with bolt cutters today. Legality of this please.

Other posts by same poster:
AITA I leave NO TIP for delivery people who ask my name. AITA??
AITA for putting a “please pick up your dog poop, you’re on camera” sign in my front yard? They ripped the sign up

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hughlander posted:

AITA for putting a “please pick up your dog poop, you’re on camera” sign in my front yard? They ripped the sign up

some people knit or whittle for a hobby

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Hughlander posted:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

It is the right of all Americans to free the local pool from unjust imprisonment!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Do9 popping is a terrible thing

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
AITA for making my boyfriend wash his face under a sink?

quote:

So my boyfriend was abused as a child and he has a big fear of putting his face near sinks because his mom used to semi drown him as punishment by putting his head under the kitchen sink.

I’m a big believer of washing your face twice a day and while he does wash it in the shower, that means he only washes his face once per day and he breaks out often because of it. I told him today that he has to start washing his face in the sink and that he can just splash water on it to make it easier. He rejected and said he wouldn’t do it at all.

I told him that I wouldn’t be going to get groceries with him if he didn’t because I think his fear needs to be dealt with once and for all because Im sure we’re both tired of it. He got really upset and told me to leave for a bit and so I did. He was really rude about it and it hurt. I told my sister and she said I’m the rear end in a top hat in this but I genuinely did it out of love and want for him to get over his fears. Aita?

quote:

Various articles and videos from skin care experts

quote:

Because it’s the right way to do skin care literally the correct way. I know my boyfriend more than anyone would btw

quote:

It’s not trauma it’s just a fear

OP sucks but come on dude, shower 2x a day like a normal person so you aren't stewing in accumulated dirt, sweat, and oils all night.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 5, 2020

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

pentyne posted:

OP sucks but come on dude, shower 2x a day like a normal person so you aren't stewing in accumulated dirt, sweat, and oils all night.

Why are you such an idiot?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

pentyne posted:

lmao at the idea of some loving weirdo having to take two showers a day. "oh man i just woke up and its been 8 hours since i last showered"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

I think 2 showers a day is abnormal. Most people shower once and wash their face again at some point.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
There was someone i think in the last incarnation of this thread that said if you aren't in the shower for at least 30 minutes then you probably aren't even clean. It had a lot to do with hair products iirc

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
just invent a bidet for ur whole body and be done with it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
GiP taught me that people can follow the instructions to the letter and still screw up showering.

Khanstant posted:

just invent a bidet for ur whole body and be done with it

That's called a hose.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I shower if I'm leaving the house in the morning... there's no such thing as a "good hair day" for me, unless I wash it.

I'll shower again later in the day if I got dirty and sweaty for some reason, but that'll be a "rinse-off shower." I won't use a bunch of product, just rinse off the grime. This is more common in the Summer. I don't like going to bed salty.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Khanstant posted:

lmao at the idea of some loving weirdo having to take two showers a day. "oh man i just woke up and its been 8 hours since i last showered"

Depends where you live and how hot it is out imo

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

GORDON posted:

I shower if I'm leaving the house in the morning... there's no such thing as a "good hair day" for me, unless I wash it.

I'll shower again later in the day if I got dirty and sweaty for some reason, but that'll be a "rinse-off shower." I won't use a bunch of product, just rinse off the grime. This is more common in the Summer. I don't like going to bed salty.

this is a weird thing but i was exactly the same way until the lockdown when i tried not using shampoo and now (after a couple months of not being great) my hair looks much better without a shower first and is basically identical to before (when i was using shampoo) after a shower

i can't explain how it works and YMMV of course

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mozi posted:

this is a weird thing but i was exactly the same way until the lockdown when i tried not using shampoo and now (after a couple months of not being great) my hair looks much better without a shower first and is basically identical to before (when i was using shampoo) after a shower

because modern hair products literally damage and strip your hair which requires you to use more product to make it managable which damages and -

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

We've had this argument before, looking forward to more meltdowns from two showerers

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Agrikk posted:

This is actually hosed up and OP should stick to her guns.

My wife's cousin adopted a black child and as white Minnesotans they raised him as white as white can be. This wasn't a problem until he became a teen and then suddenly he was a black boy trying to date white girls and was a black-boy-raised-by-whites so he was called "oreo" by other black kids. He hated his own skin and was called racial slurs by his brother and sister. He had a really hard time since he basically was an outcast from both worlds. When he graduated from high school he left for college on the East Coast and doesn't visit his parents very often.

He's in his thirties now and has his own wife and kids, but when you catch him in a moment he'll tell you how messed up growing up in Minnesota was for an adopted black youth.

Not speaking to this particular case nor the Dear Prudence piece, but I would just be careful how far we take the reasoning here, it's reminding me a lot of people's excuses for being against miscegenation: "think of the children, trapped between two worlds, it'll just be so hard on them, blah blah."

About adoptions, I find it a little creepy that parents can choose particular races in the first place to be honest.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

hawowanlawow posted:

We've had this argument before, looking forward to more meltdowns from two showerers

I don't intend to melt down, I don't care what other people do.

On occasion I will have 3 showers. One first thing in the morning, one early afternoon if I was out doing yardwork (or something) and got sweaty but want to not stink for dinner, and then again in the evening if it was a hot day, and I wanted to rinse the sweat off before bed. Don't even try to hang, I'll take you down with me.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've definitely taken two showers a day and washed my entire outfit daily in the summer because I live in Florida, so any exposure to the heat leaves you filthy with sweat.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

[CA] Our community pool has a lock/chain around it with a “COVID-19” sign. I am going to cut it with bolt cutters today. Legality of this please.

It hasn't exceeded 100° anywhere in Los Angeles this month and I live in one of the hotter parts of the city.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Getta load of these 2 shower Tony's over here!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Eh, whassamatter with you? I'm taking my double drippinis over here!

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Getta load of these 2 shower Tony's over here!

Ay I’m on my third drippini ova here

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Dramatika posted:

Ay I’m on my third drippini ova here

Save some for the rest of us wouldja? Ya jamooks!

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

LOL if you don't take two drippinis and a tubby every day.

(Someone should compile an r/relationships lexicon. Drippini, tubby, gurglespurts...)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Mozi posted:

The basic answer is that your hair, like a lot of bodily functions, can regulate itself based on external factors. Your hair glands produce a protective coating of oil which keeps your hair in check, but if you wash those oils out frequently, they will ramp up production, leading to your hair being oversaturated if you then go on to miss a shower. If you suddenly cut back on showering, (or shampooing, in your case) you will get very greasy hair, but it'll eventually adjust.

Bodies need to be washed frequently because a lot of their natural functions are stanky, but hair only really needs washing if it gets dirty.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 5, 2020

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

SerialKilldeer posted:

LOL if you don't take two drippinis and a tubby every day.

(Someone should compile an r/relationships lexicon. Drippini, tubby, gurglespurts...)

Oh, teen witch, can you make that part of the next installment in the greatest hits? You can incorporate slang along with memes such as "this is very normal in europe," and dog punching which will amuse veterans and forestall fights with noobs.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

pentyne posted:

A good way to do this is to take a shower at night and then don't take one in the morning. Two showers is fine but if you do that every day you might dry out your skin.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I don’t pay attention to names a lot but is pentyne another one of those “watch as I constantly come up with the worst possible take on this” people

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

pentyne posted:

If this guy ever actually did wash his face in the sink OP would grab his head “as a joke” and make a motion like she’s drowning him, guaranteed

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Not speaking to this particular case nor the Dear Prudence piece, but I would just be careful how far we take the reasoning here, it's reminding me a lot of people's excuses for being against miscegenation: "think of the children, trapped between two worlds, it'll just be so hard on them, blah blah."

About adoptions, I find it a little creepy that parents can choose particular races in the first place to be honest.

Why? You want a child which will be a good fit with the family, for whatever reason. Older kids are allowed to express their preference as well.

ETA: Good fit not meaning "child must match" of course. When I applied to be a foster parent, I had to fill out a massive form filled with personality traits, ability levels, health issues, etc., that I would or wouldn't consider, on a likert scale. It was weird, but they were trying to avoid failed placements.

Bonster fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 5, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

I don’t pay attention to names a lot but is pentyne another one of those “watch as I constantly come up with the worst possible take on this” people

Check my AV link for more detail.

I didn't think an extra shower a day would be a controversial opinion but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

back when my wife and i were trying to foster/adopt, we actually ended up attending a meeting hosted by the christian adoption agency that set her up with her adoptive parents

after starting the meeting 45 minutes late, they spent an hour explaining to us, in no uncertain terms, that 'if you want a healthy white baby it's going to be 5 to 7 years' and then very ceremoniously paraded out a family where white parents had adopted a black, an asian and an hispanic baby and pantomimed 'look how normal and not weird this is' for all of us. it was one of the most disgusting things ive ever seen and we walked out