Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
He's doing those kids a favor and blood sausage and alligator are generally benign and palatable meat dishes by even the whitest American standards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Gtfo the way lady, I'll marry this dude.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

shovelbum posted:

He's doing those kids a favor and blood sausage and alligator are generally benign and palatable meat dishes by even the whitest American standards

They aren't eating them after a little taste and he's making them a PB&J instead. Doesn't sound like much of a favor. :shrug:

It does say they're a good sport about tasting them, so it's not like they aren't even trying them. But if they're not gonna eat it and end up eating PB&J for a week, maybe make something your kids will eat.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

They aren't eating them after a little taste and he's making them a PB&J instead. Doesn't sound like much of a favor. :shrug:

It does say they're a good sport about tasting them, so it's not like they aren't even trying them. But if they're not gonna eat it and end up eating PB&J for a week, maybe make something your kids will eat.

Kids will always prefer sweet salty fatty soft foods if they're given the choice, they shouldn't set their own menus for a reason

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

shovelbum posted:

Kids will always prefer sweet salty fatty soft foods if they're given the choice, they shouldn't set their own menus for a reason

They ate the risotto fine. They "absolutely would not finish" the sweetbread. It isn't "they chose another thing" it's "they refused to eat any of it and so I gave them something else."

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
One might argue that the point of cooking for your family is to feed your family

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

One might argue that the point of cooking for your family is to feed your family

You could also argue that the point of having a family is to use them as lab rats for your cooking adventures.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
PS: ugh, sweetbread, I know what she means about the texture. That texture can go really bad really easily. I can't say I was into almost gooey organ meat.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

r/relationships: almost gooey organ meat

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not letting my roommate's boyfriend into the apartment?

quote:

My roommate works late night shifts, so she often sleeps during the day. Me, I am doing online classes, but for various reasons my schedule tends to be unpredictable - sometimes I'm nocturnal, sometimes I'm not. This is well known.

​My roommate's boyfriend likes to come over while she's sleeping and cuddle with her while she's asleep. She knows it, she's fine with it, it's happened before. She thinks it's romantic.

​Usually, I don't care one way or the other what they do. But the one thing I requested was some warning before he comes over. I've let him in while she's sleeping before, but that's when he texts me first to say he's coming and gives me time to at least make sure I have pants on.

​A few minutes ago, the buzzer went off. I ignored it because we don't usually let people in without notice and the people down the hall tend to have parties where they ring the wrong door anyway. I didn't realize it was the boyfriend until he starts trying to call me on messenger. I didn't answer, because I'm "asleep." So he keeps buzzing, which is setting the dog off, which is going to wake my roommate, which I think is pretty loving thoughtless of him since she works at night.

​I *could* have gone to open the door anyway, as it's not his fault my schedule is erratic and I don't wear many clothes in my own room. I could have done it just so she wouldn't be woken up. But all I asked for was warning and I didn't get any warning.

​AITA for not letting him in?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Inceltown posted:

You could also argue that the point of having a family is to use them as lab rats for your cooking adventures.

This is experimentally valid if you maintain a second family, to act as a control group.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I've known a perennially awful chef and I gotta say: Its bad. Its real bad. Sad as it is if you cannot cook at least edible food you shouldn't even try all you're doing is burning cash, its acceptable if its your food but in a family scenario if someone else is bringing in the food and you're expected to distribute it its just... no. Not the time to experiment. Quit playin' around and make a loving meal you can eat, poo poo.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 15, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

This is experimentally valid if you maintain a second family, to act as a control group.

Not so sure the mrs will buy that but I'll try.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

shovelbum posted:

Sweatbreads are lamb pancreases (or something like that), it's a big loving jump for a 7 and 5 year old to go from maybe a steak and veg the mom probably cooked as an equivalent, to a nice mushroom risotto, to eating offal.

If I did that to my 5 year old took a bite of it and then said he didn't like it I'd be 100% OK with that and praise him for trying.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not letting my roommate's boyfriend into the apartment?

She might be the rear end in a top hat but who the gently caress cares her sleep is more important than her roommate's cum

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rudager posted:

Sweatbreads are lamb pancreases (or something like that), it's a big loving jump for a 7 and 5 year old to go from maybe a steak and veg the mom probably cooked as an equivalent, to a nice mushroom risotto, to eating offal.

If I did that to my 5 year old took a bite of it and then said he didn't like it I'd be 100% OK with that and praise him for trying.

Do kids where offal is common and pbj doesn't exist get into the picky eater stuff we get in the western diet

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

shovelbum posted:

Do kids where offal is common and pbj doesn't exist get into the picky eater stuff we get in the western diet

Kids will always try and do picky eater poo poo but its only tolerated by westerners because there's a non zero chance the kids are smarter than their parents.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

shovelbum posted:

Thats why I said it's a big jump to go from eating typical western diet (steak and veg, risotto) to offal......

If they' been eating offal since before they could talk it wouldn't even be a reddit post.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

shovelbum posted:

Yes holy poo poo. My parents will happily eat organ meats and whatever as long as it's Chinese/asian food. Stuff like a ground beef taco or Mac and cheese though? Not touching that

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Straight White Shark posted:

The same is true of shopping at a liquor store, at least if you're doing it right

:golfclap:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

shovelbum posted:

Yeah, just for the stuff they’re used to and like. People from Asian countries, for instance, will sometimes travel to Western ones with a bunch of instant noodles in their suitcases so they don’t have to eat Western food.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

shovelbum posted:

No. This is a western problem. Here, instead of having to eat an animal's organs, our poor eat garbage like chicken tendies and corn syrup so develop a taste for it when they're young, and if their parents are the kinds of people who post in r/relationships, they are never shepherded out of it.

Pirate Radar posted:

Yeah, just for the stuff they’re used to and like. People from Asian countries, for instance, will sometimes travel to Western ones with a bunch of instant noodles in their suitcases so they don’t have to eat Western food.

That's adults, though. Asian kids don't pull the "picky eater" poo poo because their parents will not indulge them.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 15, 2020

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for asking my wife's friend to breast feed in another room? or to cover up?

This happened a bit ago, my wife's friend was over our house and we were having my daughter's birthday party. My wife's friend was breast feeding her 3 year old son.

We had a lot of people over, and I don't know a proper way of saying it, but when she was breast feeding her son there were a lot of times where her breasts were just completely uncovered. Like she wasn't breast feeding normally at all. Her son would walk away and she would leave herself exposed.

I offered her our guest room that we have on the ground floor of the house if she wants privacy. I even offered her a towel. She insisted that she was okay. I told her I was like hey can you please do a better job of covering up.

​She flipped out on me, her husband without saying anything just got their daughter from my daughter's room and left. I don't see myself as the rear end in a top hat here, in that a lot of people were uncomfortable. I don't have a problem with breast feeding really it is just have some decency.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for asking my wife's friend to breast feed in another room? or to cover up?

My wife's friend was breast feeding her 3 year old son.

:allbuttons:

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I just read the title, thought 'yep, that's an easy one, yta'. Then I saw MarcusSA's post lol

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
In my very limited experience mothers who breastfeed walking, talking children are also incredibly aggro about policing others' perception of how weird it is.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Cooking Papa should set aside like one or two days a week for experimental cooking and the rest of the days tone it the gently caress down. Like, it's an excellent idea to give your kids a variety of foods, but also let them have some options other than "totally out there" and "PBJs"

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Invisible Clergy posted:

I am also imprisoned in america.

They let prisoners post on SA?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

New Coke posted:

I just read the title, thought 'yep, that's an easy one, yta'. Then I saw MarcusSA's post lol

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Motherfucker posted:

I've known a perennially awful chef and I gotta say: Its bad. Its real bad. Sad as it is if you cannot cook at least edible food you shouldn't even try all you're doing is burning cash, its acceptable if its your food but in a family scenario if someone else is bringing in the food and you're expected to distribute it its just... no. Not the time to experiment. Quit playin' around and make a loving meal you can eat, poo poo.

My housemate seems to be a fairly decent cook but she's a horrible baker because she insists on baking 'healthy' 'chocolate' cakes and slices which don't contain any sugar or cocoa because she uses dates and other alternative ingredients, and then she overbakes them so they come out stodgy and burnt. I'm sure they're healthy as gently caress but they taste pretty bad. They sure as hell don't taste like chocolate.

She went to a fair bit of trouble recently baking me a mini :airquote: chocolate :airquote: cake for my birthday and I tried really hard to eat it because she obviously tried really hard but in the end it turned into that sketch where Mr Bean mistakenly orders steak tartare at a restaurant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6QqSxmpRMM

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Machai posted:

They let prisoners post on SA?

Yes, but the warden told me this is the only dead, gay comedy site I'm allowed to visit.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
e: Meh already been posted

Power Khan fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Apr 15, 2020

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Invisible Clergy posted:

Oh, wow, I was just screwing around. I thought there were only a few hundred Zoroastrians left and didn't know any of them ran restaurants. I am also imprisoned in america. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: I'm familiar. I am Indian as well. My family knows one or two similar -walas. Great naming schema.

I've been living with my girlfriend [26F] for almost a month, dating for 1.5 years. She's revealing an... increasing interest in Vampire role playing which was fun at first but now I'm [24M] worrying it's going too far

loving stupid. Human bites that draw blood....you could as well smear poo poo into a wound.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Me, a brain genius: "if you don't want your bird's nest soup then you can just go hungry, children! I'm doing you a favor!!"

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

I'm late to the party but the only acceptable wedding seating arrangement is to sort people depending on what their favorite species of owl is.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

SerialKilldeer posted:

I'm late to the party but the only acceptable wedding seating arrangement is to sort people depending on what their favorite species of owl is.

Where do snowy owl fans sit?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my sister to get over a fictional character’s death?

I know this is very Pax Americana, but just tell us yhe drat Spanish show — no one’s gonna watch it just because she was so into it.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
He [28M] says he doesnt ever have time for me [23F] and wont define us. Should I leave?

quote:

Been dating a man since jan. It was the best month ever but after my bday in feb it all went downhill. Weve had some arguments and I know I put too much effort in. He refuses to define us, and cited the virus as why as things are moving too fast in the world for him to define.

He works a gov. classified job and he is working 16 hrs a day due to the virus. So we barely talk. Asked yesterday if someday we could video chat. He said no because he is too busy.

How am I expected to wait around for months when he wont define us? My masters degree program ends in sept. and I will most likely return to my home country then if I cant get a job ( odds aernt high). ive not seen him for almost 2 months.

Should I leave? I feel jealous that other girls with their SO's talk at least daily, even though they cant be physically together due to circumstances.
tl;dr: He wont define us and has no time for me. Should I leave?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

kimbo305 posted:

I know this is very Pax Americana, but just tell us yhe drat Spanish show — no one’s gonna watch it just because she was so into it.

I assume it’s Money Heist, which is currently huge on Netflix. Is that not being hyped in the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Pirate Radar posted:

I assume it’s Money Heist, which is currently huge on Netflix. Is that not being hyped in the US?

The only other advertised show that I think might be in Spanish is Club de Cuervos? Never played a trailer. It’s a silly thing to anonymize.