Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Page of the Year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

gently I pinch your nostrils shut as I lower my anus over your mouth, filling you with farts. As methane replaces the oxygen in your blood you slowly turn blue and expand, and upon release you rocket off into the distance raspberrying like a deflated balloon, never to be seen again. It's better this way.
Please report to the deviant art thread

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I appreciate I'm coming to this as a person who cooks and is good at it, but if I was paying for all the expenses and the only contribution my partner was making was 3 dinners a week I'd be salty. I'm not saying in any way that he's not a total jackass, I want to be totally clear on that. "I'm tired from playing vidya" is indefensible.

edit: YES even if those 3 dinners included leftovers that carried us through.
Haha what. I also cook a lot and only cooking portions for two at a time is silly as hell. Especially is you're running off one income since all the tastiest cheap food works best cooked in multiple days' portions.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

My wife says what most ladies want is validation and to be loved for qualities intrinsic to them individually.

Maybe that's just her, but it could be a plausible hypothesis for why some folks ignore DIPAC so often.
I suppose it's one way to feel needed

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kenshin posted:

The point is you wouldn't call the same thing "pathetic" in English and then "pathetique" in French, it's different meanings even if there can be a small crossover.

That is, you might call a moving performance or beautiful piece of somber music "pathetique", but no native English speaker would refer to it as "pathetic"
Google also translates "terrifique" (terrifying, one who terrifies) as "terrific", which while strictly accurate is also very wrong.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 17, 2021

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'd look into getting one inflatable Godzilla costume and one inflatable Mothra.

Set up a fan underneath and have the wings flapping about while you do it.
That Christmas tree costume that caused a superspreader event IYKWIM

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Infidel Castro posted:

I worked 7 years managing a gas station and I sure as gently caress reacted the same way whenever I saw someone smoking by the pumps.
Smoking in a get blown up location is an "everyone gets a free punch" scenario

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's unnecessarily dangerous and the clerk was right to make him stop immediately and raise his voice in the process, but come on now. The risk is still minimal and doesn't even come close to justify assaulting someone. It's one of those things where even though the chances of something going wrong are very low, the possible outcome is so bad and there's no real downside to just waiting a few minutes to smoke.

If anything a tire iron to the knee is more likely to make him drop the cigarette and cause an actual problem.
I'm sorry the mean old clerk hurt your feelings instead of your kneecaps

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

edgeman83 posted:

From the OP's further comments, they put the autistic child in a group home when they were 11, after they fought the state to pay for it. They had no excuse regarding not having time after that point to help their other children.

Hell, they have had YEARS to plan for the eventual need for someone to take care of the group homed one, but waited until they were in their 60s to do anything about it.
Oh they had a plan, but one of the cogs is being all weird about it, for no reason!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Inceltown posted:

If real those letters are probably worth more than the house.

quote:

Yeh- there's some very explicit images in the pile and whilst I had(ve) a crush on the guy, they were meant for GU's eyes only and I would feel awful if somehow pics got out.
She has nude selfies of Freddie Mercury she could literally name her price

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ocean of Milk posted:

Better people-understanders (or more active readers) than me may have suspected or even saw it from a mile away, but I was really caught off-guard by the cheating.
I wasn't anticipating the cheating but when it showed up I was just "well that's unsurprising". The exact nature though, that was out of left field

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MagusofStars posted:

Also, who uses "Torkbuzz" as their fake name?
Someone who is very proud of how crazy and random they are

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

LadyPictureShow posted:

Husband angry I won’t change my name

Oh no his masculinity!
People will think our marriage is unconsummated! No I do not know how children are made why

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

this is how my first habbo hotel gf died.
Did she go in the pool :ohdear:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Hang on, 30 or 40 regular bulbs? How big is this house?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Maybe he's turned on by cooking?

pentyne posted:

quote:

It’s electricity and involves tools, I truly had no idea.
What tools???

Splicer fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jun 22, 2021

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Winter Stormer posted:

My wife’s family asked about my dating history and now she’s mad at me
I know it's not the focus of the story but who sits around having "how I lost my virginity" stories with their mom?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure how she'd be a Portable Networks Graphic image, either.
Yeah, PNGs are lossless

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

DemoneeHo posted:

Apologizing to Mom
Here's a script

"LOL mom get hosed. Call me when you're an adult (don't call me though)"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kurieg posted:

The Graphics Card of Amontillado
For the love of COD!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Evil Willow posted:

I'm [30M] going to be made homeless by my brother's [28M] wife [26F]
I know we all know this is a creative writing exercise, that's not what I'm commenting on. I'm commenting on it being a bad creative writing exercise. It's terribly ham fisted and shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the thought processes of the main character. C-

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Serephina posted:

I don't know how to put this kindly, but you are a giant goddamn fool and as wrong as can humanly be possible. Opportunistic thefts can and do happen. I have personally been a victim of it, where an unlocked (but closed) front door was an invitation for someone walking down the street trying all the front doors. He walked into the bedroom where we where sleeping in order to steal the car keys (and other things) from a dresser. The police told me this is a common MO.

The police told me this is a common MO.

I just... don't know what to say. Don't loving advise people who live in town to leave their front doors unlocked, just because apparently nothing bad has happened to you yet? Something about not wearing seatbelts since you've never been in a car crash, etc etc.
Yup. And for "targeted" theft the extremely consistent advice is that prevention is about being the least appealing target. Yeah, if some guy decides he wants into your house he's getting into your house, but he doesn't want into your house, he wants into a house, and if the choice is between the house with a dog, secure locks, and a visible alarm/camera vs some dipshit who's been leaving his garage unlocked all week it's pretty cut and dried which one is going to be targeted.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I mean dude you're the house sitter it's literally your job to lock up at night. If they thought the kid was gonna lock up they wouldn't need a house sitter. Nothing was stolen don't be a narc.
Burglary talk aside, this is the actual correct response to the OP.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Gats Akimbo posted:

I can't imagine being enough of an rear end in a top hat not to post something like "ow poo poo sorry I see why you get so nervous fair enough" in reply to that bombshell though.
Especially after

quote:

Things like "Who hurt you?" and "What was so bad in your childhood that you can't deal with an unlocked door?" and "What do you think was going to happen, someone was going to break in?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Sometimes the stuff people do when they're high or drunk is just stuff they want to do anyway but they feel like they have an excuse to do because they're so hiiiiigh. Whether their inhibitions are really chemically impaired or not is irrelevant, they think they are so they just cut loose.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Drugs don't make you do anything that some part of you don't want to do or feel compelled to do in the first place. That said, they can shut up the part of your brain that gives good reasons not to do those things.

That sounds like a very patient horse to let you give it a bad haircut while high.
The horse was also high

it was a high horse

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

blatman posted:

this checks out, I really just want to eat captain crunch by the fistful while watching aquarium livestreams for several hours but it's less depressing if i'm higher than the moon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlLIwZxnW68 <- the best fish tank is the ocean

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MagusofStars posted:

IANAL, but I'm not sure how you'd prove this case even if there wasn't a legal time limit in play.

-Everybody involved with the original transaction is long dead and can't be put on the stand.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Funktastic posted:

AITA for throwing a cake on the ground at a family get together?
something something just desserts

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Prof. Spaceman posted:

Where are you getting that? From my reading, it seems like both kids have come to a revelation that their parents are trash who have been mentally abusing them both.
I think they mean the OP hasn't internalised that they're both patsies. She still just sees it as her parents lying to keep in her sister's good graces because the sister was the favourite, not understanding that they were doing the exact same to her sister and making the OP seem like the favourite. There is no "golden child" here, their parents hold them both in equal disdain.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

limp_cheese posted:

really opened my eye
With or without the door locked?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Fruits of the sea posted:

I’m struggling to figure out what is impulsive about keeping an eye on the housing market and getting a low interest loan.
She had no idea what she is doing with her very successful business. I know this because she is a woman she's not doing it like I would she downplays her accomplishments for a whole bunch of possible reasons and I'm dumb enough to take her seriously look I just know

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

FortMan posted:

Surely, if you look hard enough, there should be something close to burger, nuggets, or fries, especially in Western restaurant?
I can think of... at least three places I like where you can't. If they were getting sushi for example odds are they didn't even have potatoes in the building.

And lol if you think Mr Tendies would be happy with chicken not in nugget form or a philly cheesesteak instead of a cheeseburger

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

hawowanlawow posted:

I hope y'all know in the future anyone will be able to instantly pull up any post you've made on any account

:(
Dear future relative: Fart fart farty fart farty fart fart fart fart farty fart fart

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

tactlessbastard posted:

In a previous iteration of this thread, someone fluent in autistic translated that to english and the jist of it was it really ruined OP's day to have this interruption in his schedule and that was further exacerbated by the fact that it should have ruined his sister's day too, but it seemed to have not and that was just really unfair.

The rest is just excruciating detail
That was me:

Splicer posted:

He had a day off from school and is mad he spent it at the doctor's office. He doesn't like showering, but he got up late and was told he could skip showering. He then had to get in water anyway and is mad at the (perceived) bait and switch.

He doesn't like tight clothes, but has heard of or seen his sister or other girls/women deliberately wearing tight or revealing clothing for inexplicable :females: reasons. If she'd held her hair up like in a shower he might have conceded that the showerlike situation might have outweighed her joy at wearing tight clothing, but since her hair was down she obviously must have been enjoying it.

So not only did he have to spend his day off at the doctors in tight clothes in water after being deceived into thinking he wouldn't have to get wet today, but his sister got to spend a whole 8 minutes in tight clothes and she didn't even have to hold her hair up.

:goonsay: :spergin:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dik Hz posted:

The whole point of this thread is to be a smug judgmental person. Don't pretend you're better than us.
And Corky is smugly judging people for dunking on a scared fourteen year old girl

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mescal posted:

If she'd held her hair up... okay. I still have a few questions. Including: how does he know she holds her hair up in the shower, and why did they have to weigh them under water? Were the parents lying and they were... doing some other kind of test?
Do you really want to know, and it's a body fat test

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Cowslips Warren posted:

He says that a gray, shorthaired, glasses wearing person is not who he married.
"Yeah, well the man I married wasn't an rear end".

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I am incandescent with rage at the idea of someone cooking bacon and eggs in different pans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

packetmantis posted:

Did you become instantly hangry?
Yes. I'm slowly incrementing toward ethical vegetarianism and haven't had bacon fries eggs in years.

Also is using a skillet to make cinnamon rolls a thing? I'd just use a baking tray but now I'm wondering if I'm missing some kind of pro tip