Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Barudak posted:

Sandwich is just an ounce of cocaine in a plastic bag between two slices of bread

You know any white-bread motherfuckers rolling into this neighborhood are just looking to cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

La Brea Carpet posted:

Talk about going balls out for your wedding

:golfclap:

dudeness posted:

Just being frugal, why buy a wedding dress when you have a perfectly good birthday suit?

:golfclap:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Lucrece posted:

How to GENTLY talk to my bf about the fact that he’s a minute man

Either jerk him off first and then get yours in before the second round, have him jerk it earlier in the day, or insist he start taking SSRIs.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kyleplantemoji/status/1195195530650898432

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Obviously he should be washing the gloves every time or else use disposable gloves.

Eczema can be really intractable and depending on how severe his is it might be that washing his hands every time could cause outbreaks.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I think some of you don't know anyone with moderate to severe eczema. Generally speaking people who have had it a while have tried literally everything and are just trying to find anything at all that seems to keep it manageable so that their skin isn't a mess of weeping open sores all the time. He's probably been to a dermatologist who told him to soak in the bath for 5-10 minutes and then apply lotion and not wash his hands too often, and then apply some steroid cream anywhere from 1-8 times a day. I have seen people go from being rational to seeking out homeopathic remedies because it is an incredibly annoying and persistent condition.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Tashilicious posted:

two entitled white girls from terfcrime island

Terfcrime is a terrible blight on our society. To say nothing of when marauding gangs of second-wave feminists wage terfwars on our streets, with innocent 3rd and 4th wave feminists as well as unsuspecting LGBTQIA and POC catching stray slurs in the crossfire.

therobit fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 15, 2020

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Shroomie posted:

No, it is. "Drink while you shop" has become a new thing in places where it's legal.

There are tons of Whole Foods with bars in them. Lucky's Markets have bars. I just read somewhere Barnes & Noble is even putting bars in their stores.

Feed Meyer, which is a local PNW chain that got bought by Kroger 15 or 20 years ago, has bars now. The bar is always full of boomers trying to watch football while their spouses think they're at the grocery store. Although, this store also has a child care center for while you shop so I could really see some utility there...

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

AITA For Possibly Getting a Teacher In Trouble?

Reddit voted YTA.

AITA for being adamant about not letting my friends and teacher buy me food because I'm uncomfortable?

Reddit voted YTA.

AITA for telling a student last week that I couldn’t be their pseudo-mom?

Reddit, to my chagrin, voted YTA.

AITA for bailing my son out of a school project when he didn't do any work?

YTA for spacing out your submission so much, and Reddit voted YTA on the issue.

So on the teacher post, she's right to draw the boundary but the way she said it to the kid is harsh as gently caress. She's an rear end in a top hat for how she talked to the kid, not for having a boundary.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Miss posted:

Me [22 F] with my roommate [19 F] of two weeks, she is ruining my life but she won't have anywhere to go if I kick her out. She is unbearably inconsiderate, am I over-reacting?

Have you considered the fact that it was only verbal abuse towards this person means her ex has the patience of a saint?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Bruceski posted:

That is just terrible random timing with the wedding, mixed with grief emotions. When my dad died a year ago one of my cousins couldn't make it because his fiancee had just lost a relative, and another cousin went to a funeral in the morning for her husband's uncle (...I think, there was a lot of information going on) before driving all day to make it to our evening memorial service. People do what they've gotta do, and we were more focused on being thankful for the ones who made it than hating the ones who couldn't.

Have you considered the possibility that your family is cursed?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Knobb Manwich posted:

Immediately blurt out the clashing dates to his grieving girlfriend. Not seeing the clash coming. Thinking there's any chance of going to the wedding if he wants to stay with his gf. Not realising the relationship is already toast, like hell he has a future with his gf when her family are happy to use him as a punching bag.

But yeah the going to the bathroom to post on reddit while his gf has the biggest crying episode yet is tv sitcom level stuff.

None of that is being an rear end in a top hat, it's just being a little young and socially inept.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Sorry dude, I can't be quoting any more of your posts, in case the curse is effective even with people you interact with online.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

DemoneeHo posted:

My boyfriend (27m) has a phobia of beans and won't let me (27m) eat them, is he being unreasonable?

I am getting strong vegetable rapist vibes here.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

pentyne posted:

Some people in recovery end up relapsing at the slightest hurdle and someone else feeding you alcohol against your will is like the best possible excuse for "I lost my soberity i might as well enjoy it" after a crazy multi day bender.

If seeing a bottle that previously held alcohol used for something else or learning that there was a tiny bit of white wine in a sauce, but not enough to taste sends someone over the edge, they were about to fall off the wagon anyway and looking for an excuse.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

The fact that her friend sold her out means her friend wasn't worth putting her job on the line for.

Generally speaking, I don't think people should be allowed to keep the fact that they have a communicable disease from people that they are in contact with who may catch it. I do think people should have compassion for people that are HIV positive and not discriminate against them, but your right to privacy should end where another person's safety begins.

therobit fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 18, 2020

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Red Baron posted:

There was some post where someone spent a truly ludicrous amount of money on like anime figurines or some other preposterously dumb hobby and just for the life of them couldn't figure out how to stop their kids from being taken by CPS. They might also have been hoarders. I know it was here on the forums, or maybe I dreamed it, but I want to say that they might have turned their life around by the end of the saga in a refreshing change of pace.

Either way the opening was so wildly dumb that they wanted to try to keep their intensely obvious spending problem going, but it was as absurd as the dril tweet in its presentation. I want to say it was thousands of dollars on some clearly unnecessary spending habit of a specific variety.

Edit: I mean candles totally fits but it was something like World of Warcraft or limited edition import games or something.

Sounds like maybe Blue Story.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

So what are you trying to say here. 19 states out of 50 have some law on the books. I still don't believe dude is entitled to keep it from his partner and that outing him was probably the right thing to do.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

If you have an office job in tyool 2020 and you aren't finding ways to automate tasks, you are probably someone whose job will be automated.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

WIBTA For sending my mom to prison??

Get your deadbeat of a mom arrested.

If anyone else is reading this with a similar situation of a family member committing identity theft and credit fraud using your information, please realize that if you never pay the debt and file a police report, you can dispute it and get the debt removed from your credit bureau. Relatives that steal your identity are not worth protecting, and your whole family will be better off if they are in jail. Once they have your information, they will run the same scam over and over unless they happen to be incarcerated.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for getting my husband kicked out of the delivery room?

Hello everyone,

This is my first time using this platform, I'm sorry for any 'rules' broken or any mistakes made.

A friend of mine showed me this website recently, and since then I have been considering this post.

My husband and I (married for 3 years, together for 7) had our first child 3 weeks ago. She is perfect, and everything I could ever wish for, even if she is a handful. However, unfortunately, her birth was ... complicated.

I have always been a private person, and very terrified of pregnancy due to the (admittedly low, but to me nonetheless scary) risks associated. My husband knows this, and I specifically asked him, when we found out about this pregnancy, that he tried to help me lower my stress levels, since the pregnancy itself would already be causing me significant stress.

He succeeded at this during almost all of my pregnancy. He was always very calm, even when he had a bad work day and was upset. He put up with me when I cried over silly things like wanting one specific brand of food that was sold out, he made sure I was comfortable at home and rarely had to go out when I was too big to do so comfortably.

We agreed on from the start that he would be the only person in the delivery room with me. No parents, no family, no friends, just us and the medical staff.

However, on the day I was admitted to the hospital, his mother (who is usually a very, very nice lady, just has her moments) cried to him that it was unfair she would not witness the birth of this grandchild. (My husband has an older sister with two kids, and she was in the delivery room for both of them). My husband tried to get me to agree to having her in the delivery room. I said no, and figured that would be the end of it.

After a long, exhausting, painful labor, when my doctor announced my daughter was crowning, I saw the door open and my mother in law come in. No medical staff got up to stop her. My husband was next to me and I clung to his arm and told him to get her out. He tried to argue with me that she should be allowed to see the birth of her grandchild. I started panicking HARD, like I said, I am a private person and did not want my MIL staring into my lady bits while I was so vulnerable and exposed. I kept saying to my husband, "take her outside, please, get her out of here, please, please" but he would not budge.

A nurse finally noticed how much I was panicking and stressing and immediately shooed everyone expect me and the staff out of the room. This included my husband.

My daughter was born soon after, but because of the MIL situation, he did not get to witness the birth. He was very upset at me during the hospital stay, saying I didn't allow him to see his child be born. I feel awfully guilty because I did want my husband in there, but he should not have let his mother in. It's been almost 3 weeks since we have been back home, and he still acts coldly towards me sometimes.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

LOL what a trashy idiot of a husband with a trashy idiot of a mom.

Edit: OP should seek a restraining order against her mother in law. If her husband tries to stop her she should tell the cops he hit her.

therobit fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 19, 2020

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

gently caress you. This poo poo cheapens the accounts of actual victims of physical abuse. Holy poo poo, gently caress you. Finally enough of a reason to add your stupid rear end to my ignore list. Jesus christ.

Lol nice meltdown.

That post was about as serious as the ones above and below it saying to kill the guy. At least, I DON'T THINK those posters literally think she should murder her husband. Maybe they do and the thread is completely full of psychopaths.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Mushmouth posted:

Yeah I know.
I'm currently visiting with friends while his family tries to knock some sense into his head. There isn't a date set or anything 'cause he lost his job to this after he got a DUI :V
I am a big dumb nerd who thinks she can save someone, but thanks you guys for your kind words. It means a lot to me to hear them right now.

It sounds like you may have some codependency issues.

Addicts will let you down every single time. My family has quite a few of them. I have only ever known one who could actually stay sober.long term. The rest always relapsed. Most can't. Go find someone who will love you more than a substance.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Mushmouth posted:

Goddamn that was two years ago, huh?
It felt for so long like it was getting better up until last fall when I'd find little (it's just chardonnaaaaay, he'd say) bottles in the bathroom after he'd come home for lunch. Idunno it's real bad, man, and yeah I got some codependency issues. I like helping people, I like being nice to people and I like feeling like I make a difference. Plus I saw this all happen as a kid to various and sundry family members to the point where I had it in my head that I had some kind of infallible Guide to How To Fix This.
This time I ain't and I really gotta nut up and accept that. He keeps asking me to come home because he doesn't know how to feed himself without me. Goddamn he got pulled over with a .41 and let go from work with a .37. He thinks he can do this on his own, but I do not know if he can, but he doesn't have insurance right now. He's got a great support system outside of me in the form of a loving family that he thinks doesn't love him, my favorite cousin who runs AA meetings in a non-jesusy way, and various friends. He's not surrounded by drinkers, which helps.
Idunno this might be an e/n success story or I'll go back to being told that he doesn't get how I could be stressed out or emotionally exhausted when I don't work (it iS stressful to take care of someone while they attempt to get their body to stop doing them a nasty, but it's what we agreed to doing, plus I took great care of him and the apartment and such).
Thank you for posting the thing I wrote 2 years ago. That kinda jumped through my computer and slapped me in the face like holy poo poo. You guys are really full of good advice, and this time I'm here to read it some. That's kinda why I'm here - the stories give me a bit of perspective. Either way, for the moment I have a place to stay while I get my feet under me and my brain to cooperate with stuff like not making constant Beaker noises every time I try to have a functioning thought.
Gonna read that other thread now. Again, you guys are really good folks. It's much appreciated, and exactly the change in perspective I needed to do some serious thinking.

Mushmouth, good progress here. Please find a therapist who can help you sort through all of this. It sounds like whether you recognize it or not you have got some childhood trauma going on here that is coloring your perception of your adult relationships. I started going to therapy several months ago and I and my whole family are better off for it. It is really hard work, and it isn't cheap, but it's worth it.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

The artist post either left out that the kid is severely developmentally delayed orhas a mental health issue, or else it's totally loving fake. That is the type of thing a toddler would do, or maybe a 5 year old if left alone for WAY too long. But it isn't conceivable for that to happen with a neurotypical 9 year old who is mentally well.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I legit don't get why a dude who's in a relationship would pay a findom. Like, have your wife or girlfriend findom you and she can enjoy the spoils of it. She'll probably be more into it and could even put some by for a nest egg.

"Oh gently caress baby jam that money in my Roth IRA! drat it's so full! I can't take anymore in until next year. You'll have to put it in my mutual fund next!"

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I choose to believe that he cheated with a striper, as she originally noted: Sadly we broke it off because he cheated on me on his bachelor party with a striper.

This explains the fishy smell.

ghost emoji posted:

I made a fake paystub and send it to the car dealer (self.legaladvice)
submitted 4 days ago by Critical_External

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > r/relationships: I am stupid. I know I am stupid and it was a stupid choice.

IME the dealership will often help facilitate this unless it is so obvious they couldn't deny knowing it is fake.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

Findomming often seems to have a component of consenting (??) blackmail. "If you don't pay me, I'll tell your wife."

If she is your wife, that doesn't work so well.

Also wrong, do not pay for your sister's wedding when you know she will never pay you back. gently caress that!

I mean, I guess I'm just too much of a square. We just keep everything within the boundaries of our marriage and if someone wants to try something that is safe, etc we can roleplay it or whatever even if it feels cheesy at first. gently caress dude in the age of the internet people seem to make life harder on themselves.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I disagree. As a paragon of toxic masculinity myself, I think it is probably actively harmful for a 12 year old girl to watch her mom take responsibility for poo poo her dad broke, take his orders, and fix his mistakes for him.

Credit card lady needs to turn her boyfriend into the cops for credit card fraud and then call the credit card company and give them the police report so it isn't on her credit. Then she will probably need to pay for credit monitoring because dude has her ssn and dob and WILL do this again.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

GF's sister is stirring poo poo because she has a crush on the dude.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Psychogenic reactions can be just as deadly. You still get physical reactions from it regardless of the trigger.

If they are one of these morons who think they have non-celiac gluten intolerance then nothing of value would be lost.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

My stepbrother had a kid right as he was graduating high school. No sweat. First grandkid was mostly raised by his grandparents, and he was about 10 years old when my stepbrother/his dad got married to another woman, and they had a son. So this kid went from being spoiled senseless for 10 years, and overall being a spoiled brat with many grandparents and uncles who catered to him, to suddenly having a sibling, the first grandchild for his mom's side of the family too. And she, unlike his mom, was totally beloved by the family overall.

So when I sent a gift for the newborn, I also sent a thing of Legos to the older kid. And I did this for the next few years, until the novelty of the NEW BABY wore off. And my sister-in-law thanked me because she said I was the only one who had done anything for him, everyone else was oohing over the new baby. It still took the kid a while to transition into the older brother mindset, not that I blame him.

My mom has done this with everyone in my generation when we have our second kid. It's really thoughtful.

In her case I think it has to do with the fact that she was a middle child and was only ever given hand-me-downs and control issues by her parents.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Licarn posted:

A Curse for Female Low Libido

Look in the spellbook under "wedding vows."

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

LMAO. This guy has to be deep into the spectrum.

Seriously though quit any job that makes you travel but won't spring for a separate room.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

At first reading it I thought maybe everyone was going to dye their hair peacock blues and greens, which would be awesome if it worked but those seem like colors that would be hard to get right.

I bet that if she had been straight up that she was insecure andworried about being upstaged by her cousin's beautiful hair, then the cousin would have worn a wig for her at least. Most relationship problems are cause by a failure to communicate.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

haveblue posted:

He creates the bot and later discovers that his girlfriend has also been using a bot to send "I love you" all this time. They break up but their phones fall in love.

The phones get married, and have babies. The second kid comes out a tablet. Her phone hosed a computer on the side. They try and stay together for the kids, but his phone turns into a mean drunk due to all the resentment. Four lives have been destroyed.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Kill All Cops posted:

I guessed the guy's age but I expected the girlfriend to be younger

You quoted the part that says they are both men.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

thatguy posted:

I drive a dually but I have 2 wheels on one side and 1 on the other please clarify what am I

A road/off road bike with a sidecar?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

You're probably feeding her too much, causing her to split out of her skin prematurely. Try doing only one rat per month and see if that helps.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Lol his girlfriend sounds awful though. Sulking for a whole day because someone messed up a meal while trying to do something nice for you?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

^Was going to post the Mr. F gif for that one.

Me [32 F] with my husband [33 M] of 6 years. We are making a major purchase together and he will only consider one option due to family loyalty. If I don't go with that, I have to pay for it all on my own. In laws also getting in on the issue as well.

The closest model Chevrolet would be the Trax with AWD, and MSRP is still 5 grand less than a hybrid Subaru Crosstrek. Plus the extra 3k they save with the discount and the 0% financing that Chevy offers. With that savings you can buy a lot of gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Landlord *twirls mustache*: It's time to pay the rent!

OP: But I can't pay the rent!

Landlord: But you must pay the rent!

OP and BF: But we can't pay the rent!

Landlord points to door

Landlord's wife, *grabs BF by the arm*: Unless YOU pay the rent!

OP: We Can't pay the rent!

BF: *bonds over* I'll pay the rent.

Op: :stonk: