Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Probably not work appropriate but pretty funny nonetheless.

Yeah could be construed to be a hostile workplace. Great move for getting fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

PancakeTransmission posted:

No, no I don't.

And how much is this other lady's water bill? Is it some BS where the landlord charges 100x the real bill? A shower would have been a few cents at most.

Probably water bill is more than they like and a defect with whatever part of their brain quantifies problems

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
And there's a zero percent chance she actually rates him 10/10.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
A stick of butter is fine if you're making a grease trap dish like macaroni and cheese

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Tomfoolery posted:

But then it turned out that the proctors didn't really give a poo poo and never even went after the students who more obviously cheated.

And they say college doesn't prepare you for the real world

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Don't twins usually come a couple weeks early?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
At no point ever has any harvard graduate not been the rear end in a top hat

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

sullat posted:

Haha yeah, the money isn't just going to magically appear in his bank account, he'll probably win on default and then... ???

Hey, he might get her arrested, fired, or evicted. Justice will prevail

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

The curry side plot to sexy potato story makes no sense and makes me question the whole thing. Coworker had to stop eating curry because of what, curry is too sexy? OP just kinda skims this and alludes to it being straight racism without directly saying so, of course 'racist coworker' isn't exactly a AITA all-star post...

You've never met someone openly racist against Asian people before have you?

"Indian people smell bad because of curry" is 100% one of their gotos.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Evil Willow posted:

Anyone who microwaves fish can die in a fire. I hate seafood - all of it. I used to work in an open-plan office and someone on the other side of the office used to microwave fish. Nearly caused me to vomit. That for sure is one food that should definitely not be heated up in an office environment. Having said that, I love the smell of curry.

What about microwaved seafood curry?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Ah the classic, "surely everyone does the terrible thing I did"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for going to stay at my parent's cabin for a few days after my wife told me she was pregnant?

Absolutely an rear end in a top hat, but the kind of rear end in a top hat you sometimes need to be once in a while.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Oh look, an off-hand last sentence that says "Get a divorce, idiot" and he's not even married.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my wife that if she doesn't want me in the delivery room she can find someone else to drive her to the hospital?

This is going to be a really successful relationship that produces happy children who don't hate their parents.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Sanford posted:

Can't say I agree with his reaction but I understand why he's pissed off. What's the correct response in that scenario?

Neither of these people ever having kids?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not liking how my girlfriend dresses for work?

This is up there with "my boyfriend naturally tames forest creatures like a Disney princess, how can I get him to stop" in levels of not appreciating their significant others' 100% positive eccentricity

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Literally say "so you want me to have raped you?" and see how she responds.

Ah yes, escalation. It's the perfect way to start a marriage, escalating a conflict just to be right. Leave it at "I would never do that, but I can see how I hurt your memories of our wedding night, and that was wrong too".

If she doesn't let it go after that, get a divorce ASAP, because she's the one escalating a conflict just to be right.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Johnny Truant posted:

calling something by its proper term is escalation? :thunk:

Yes. Yes it loving is.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Danaru posted:

It was not, under any circumstances, wrong for him to not rape his wife holy gently caress

Yes, you're right. Being right is so damned important. Definitely demand the internet stranger who knows you're right about the facts of the situation give meticulously and pedantically precise wording to admit your moral superiority.

Just like this guy's wife. Demand she admit she's wrong and he's right about her own feelings.

A winning strategy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Johnny Truant posted:

you're a loving moron

Yep. And look at all these damned trees, how can there possibly be a forest here.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

I'll do my best to explain this.

She feels really really hurt and rejected. Painfully.

His reasoning about not wanting to rape his wife is both morally and factually sound.

But getting her to acknowledge that isn't going to help her feel better, it's going to make her feel like her legitimate feelings don't matter in the face of him winning an argument.

Failing to acknowledge how your actions, no matter how correct, hurt others is a dick move.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
I understand where you're coming from, and I'm sorry for driving this argument so long.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

hawowanlawow posted:

he's definitely not a dick for "discounting her feelings" or whatever, either

Oh gosh.

I certainly didn't mean to imply this. I only meant the "checkmate" moves suggested in this thread, trying to corner her by getting her to admit it's rape (which it is)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

FogHelmut posted:

Imagine being married to someone who says and/or adheres to something called a "guy code." It has to be immensely more embarrassing for the wife than her husband's weight or politics. The husband should really lose his man card over that.

Yeah, and isn't the well-understood top rule in the "Bro code" lying to spouses? That phrase should set off alarm bells.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

LadyPictureShow posted:

:yikes:

There was a happy ending edit to the cool pre-K teacher story!

AITA for not liking how my girlfriend dresses for work?

And she has self-respect. That's a loving winner

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Lt. Danger posted:

very much aside from this extremely stupid broader argument: while feelings are always real, I would suggest sometimes they aren't "legitimate", and confusing the two ends up causing further problems - e.g. anxiety produces real feelings of fear and dread, but by definition they're not appropriate feelings to the situation. in a sense therapy is about learning how to deal with feelings that are very real but also illegitimate and as such unhelpful or destructive

Come on, man, it's nominally the most important romantic night of her life. If you can't tell me that you wouldn't feel an unusual amount of rejection if the partner you just committed your life to were apparently not interested, or that such a feeling is invalid because they had a good reason, I wouldn't believe you.

It would hurt. It happens, people get over it, and she'll need to eventually, but come on. It would loving sting.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

If I puked all over myself and passed out? No I wouldn't feel an unusual amount of rejection and I would say that feeling is very invalid, borderline insane. I personally would feel ashamed and apologetic.

You know what? That's real fair. My mental story from her perspective glossed that part over a little too hard.

OTOH, I can also see it coming around even stronger if she's afraid of being judged for it, and wants validation, though.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

The Klowner posted:

I've never in my life seen "pajamas" spelled that way but I guess google says it's a thing. That's pretty weird. Also this guy is a freaking dork

It never occured to me to investigate the etymology of pajamas until this post.

from Persian paejamah, literally "leg clothing,"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for washing my wife's special pan?

Death is too good for this man.

There's no way this isn't just bait. The careful ignorance of what cast iron is, the being told explicitly not to do it, the drawing attention to the seasoning as his main objection.

It's designed to offend people who like cast iron pans. I'm a stainless steel guy myself.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Motherfucker posted:

How the gently caress could the employees be passing up this golden opportunity??

They're czeching themselves before they wzreck themselves.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for exposing my friend for cheating.

I feel bad for gawking at a young kid who needs to learn an important lesson the hard way.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Invisible Clergy posted:

Yeah, it's green in some places. Everyone knows cane sugar coke > hfcs coke. If you live in the south, you can also sometimes buy coke from mexico which is made with cane sugar.

Hey maybe some people like a lingering aftertaste of rotten egg.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not letting my dead friends' parents see their grand son?

Son. Not daughter. How the gently caress is this even a decision you need to make without flipping the bird?

This thread and the estrangement thread make me wonder how there can be so damned many parents who do not care about their children at all.

Like is it post partum depression metastasized into resentment? That many people choosing to have kids they never wanted?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
"it's just a little visceral torture I don't see what's not funny about that"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my brother he is the luckiest man in the world when his girlfriend had a miscarriage?

He's saying "no big loss"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
loving depressing for that sister, hostile as gently caress for the gay guy, but also the way she treated her daughter scares the hell out of me.

First as irrelevant then as a prop to defend herself.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Dazerbeams posted:

There is no way the gay guy was out of line.

Not what I was trying to say. A hostile environment for the gay guy.

I still think the 11 year old was the most mistreated even we don't see any direct harm in that specific story.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for not wanting my mother to date?

Norman Bates's reddit account.

It's weird to see that reddit commenters were not only right, but managed to get this guy on the right track.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

The_Franz posted:

This is one of those titles where you immediately jump to the conclusion that the kids are just spoiled and whiny about having to help out with some household chores, then you find out that the op is treating them like migrant laborers in Dubai.

Please, what 11 year old kid can't handle working 5 am to 5 pm hard labor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

HMS Beagle posted:

AITA for kicking a gatekeeper out of our spirituality group?

Have you noticed that "being divisive" always means saying something critical of an entitled rear end in a top hat?

I haven't. Nope.