Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Fightman 2: Egged On

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Everyone Loves Raymond, duh

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

DemoneeHo posted:

My GF played your sex is on fire the next day for my alarm clock, fml.

That's a gd keeper there.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
well, he only got screwed once at least

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Lieutenant Dan posted:

My question is can I select the top owls a-la-carte or is it a predetermined chef's choice of owls

Owlmikase

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

quote:

I traveled more than 4,500 miles to see her and when I arrived she didn't want to meet me.
2 years ago (I was 19), I traveled to Oregon (I'm from Spain) because I met on Instagram (not my favorite way to meet someone but...) my ex-girlfriend (she was 18) and.. We were talking for a few months, we talked every day, even we had some FaceTime a couple of times and it was a great time.

When we were 3 - 5 months of relationship, I decided to go to Oregon to meet each other. She was excited. I remember that the summer of 2018 I worked very hard to pay for the trip, I spent my savings... Even my parents wanted to give me some money to help me.

I got the money. I couldn't believe it. I've never left my country before I though, and I was going to meet my favorite person in the world. I was so happy...

When I arrived to Oregon (after a long and crazy trip)... I do not know how to describe that moment... I arrived at night and I sent her a message saying "I'm alreday here, I'm so exiting to meet you, I love you so much..." and I felt that she was like... non-excited or something. I thought that being at night perhaps the dream and the trip .. I had become too tired.

I was going to be there for 8 days. The days were passing and we didn't meet... The first day she told me an excuse, she said that she couldn't come because she was with her father, I understood. The second day she didn't answer my messages, the third neither ... I spent 2-3 days crying, I didn't understand why she made no effort to get to know me after all that time...

I have a memory that I will never forget. I was in a burger joint next to the hotel where I was, eating ice cream ... Alone. No one to talk to ... I felt a great helplessness and loneliness and I began to cry right there... I have cried very little in my life but the helplessness I felt was a lot for me.

When I was in the first 20 minutes of the flight home, she wrote me a message apologizing but... She didn't want to continue with the "relationship" and it was over. I was not worried about leaving the relationship because after that, it was what I wanted the most, but she didn't give me any explanation... She didn't explain me why she didn't want to meet me..

Many sad feelings and sensations that I am not able to put into words ...

I am currently in a relationship with an incredible girl, we have been together for more than 2 years and we love each other very much. But I have to admit that the experience I had with my ex-girlfriend couldn't forget it. I wish I could. How can one person do this to another when you know he had put so much effort into you because he truly loves you? Maybe I was too stupid...

EDIT: I know that it sound like Catfishing... Believe me, I am a very prudent boy. Even when I first met her I thought about it a lot. We sent each other photos, we had FaceTime a couple of times and so on... You could clearly see that it was real.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
a different type of communication issue

quote:

My (M33) wife (F37) is way too long winded. But everything she says is gold!
So my wife of a few years is literally one of the smartest people I’ve ever meet. She has an expansive vocabulary, she’s traveled the world, studied abroad, very politically aware, socially fun to hang with, all of the above. My only thing is that when we’re having discussions about life or just things that are happening in the world...once she starts she doesn’t stop. This would be horrible if she wasn’t making any sense or she had horrible opinions but thing is she’s soooo good and soooo thorough with expressing her thoughts and viewpoint that there is literally nothing left for me to say except for “yes, you are right.” Lol. When she’s done speaking I literally feel like I just listened to a mini Ted talk.

I’ll ask her what time do you want to leave, she will give me an 100 word essay before she finally says 7:30. Sometimes I cut her off and clarify the simplicity of my question and ask that she get to the point and that pisses her off, she says that I’m cutting her off.

I’m more of a ping pong communicator I like sharing bits and pieces of thoughts with someone and collectively build thoughts and ideas together, but convos with her are so one sided. At times I feel like I’m not smart enough to keep up with her but I literally don’t get a chance too. She breaks down every point of her opinion and like I said the part that I hate is that everything she says is gold. She’s a genius in more ways than one.

The only way I can engage in a back and forth convo is if my opinion is the opposite of hers, but she can’t handle that my opinion differs so she shuts down and stops the conversation all together.

I guess my question is how can I let her know in a respectable way that at times she’s way too thorough and I’d like for her to break up the convo a bit so that we can have a conversation instead of me feeling like a member of the audience at her speech?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
tomato base is a thing, but man, spicy is so much better.

https://fresh.hmart.com/850017265103

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
AITA for kicking my sister out of my home after she told me it was karma that I can’t have kids?

I (F32) have been trying to get pregnant for seven years now and have been unsuccessful. Diagnosed with PCOS later in life, I’ve had five miscarriages that have taken a massive toll on my physical and mental health. It has left me feeling like a massive failure as my partner (M36) desperately wants children and I’m unable to give him this. He never makes me feel badly about it, but I know he’s upset. His parents are in ill health and they want grandchildren more than anything.

Recently, I had a massive argument with my sister (F34) after my last miscarriage. I was upset and asking her why this kept happening to me. She shrugged and said it was probably to do with the abortion I had when I was 19. Honestly, I was gobsmacked at how nonchalant she sounded. She knew there had been health reasons behind it and had been supportive at the time. I’d been so poorly that I’d needed an operation and had spent months recovering. Also, she knows how guilty I felt that I was unable to carry to full term.

I asked her what she had meant and she said that our decisions always come back to haunt us and that I needed to understand that I’d brought it on myself. That some people just weren’t meant to have children and it was god’s way of telling us to stop. She wasn’t being mean, just blunt but my hormones were all over the place and I ended up kicking her out of my house and telling her not to contact me again. Soon after, I got loads of phone calls from my other sister, mum and dad and even my sister’s husband basically saying I had overreacted and was being an a**hole. That I had to make things right and apologise. I refused and haven’t spoken to any of them since.

My partner doesn’t want her back in our house anytime soon after what she said. AITA for agreeing with him over my family?

GF and I broke up because I don't support her interest in BTS

About 6 months ago, my GF (we are both in our mid-late 20s) got into the Kpop group BTS through her friends. But it quickly evolved from being a new favorite musical artist to a full blown obsession. Her twitter has become what she calls a "stan account" where she tweets about them all day long. She also "thirst tweets" all the time which is really problematic to me, because anyone in a serious relationship shouldn't be "thirst tweeting" about other guys, whether they're celebrities or not. And she justifies this by saying her friends in happy relationships say much worse things than she does. She has photos of them all over her room. It's just weird to me because this is all stuff that you would see a 16 year old girl doing. And then she makes me feel like I'm the rear end in a top hat because I'm not letting her love something that makes her happy. Like I totally understand having a favorite musical artist, but she (and her friends) follow like every facet of these dudes lives outside of their music. It just seems very cringey and hero worship-y to me. She makes reaction videos on youtube which are basically just video versions of her tweets. I don't know. I just want to know if I'm wrong, because she says that I don't support her in something that brings her joy. I don't really vibe with their music, and im not really the type to follow the personal lives of celebrities. I just come off to her as unsupportive I think, because I think that it has become a very unhealthy obsession.

Woodchip fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 17, 2021

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Barudak posted:

NOT AVAILABLE IN JAPAN THE RIOTING STARTS NOW

time to light it up like dynamte

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
On a tree by a river, a little Throck sits
Throckmorton, Throckmorton, Throckmorton

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
My[35M] brother[30M] wants a part of my inheritance in order for us to have a relationship

My brother and I have only come in contact recently. When he was born my parents adopted him out to a good family because we were poor and living in a homeless shelter. We never had contact with him till recently. My parents turned their lives around at that point and worked very hard and I'm now inheriting a few million dollars from their success. But the most important thing they provided for me was stability and education to allow me to create my own successful life.

My brother and I came in contact 2 years ago when he found me. My mother had already passed and my father was ill. They did communicate a little bit but not a lot. My father passed away recently and he told me that everything was coming to me except an obligatory 5k which he passed to my brother. My brother was furious and felt slighted once again. I do sympathise with him but my father told me not to give him any money. His real parents are well to do and have supported him and loved him, so he wasn't missing out on that department but I feel bad. He's demanding I give him half if not all the inheritance because he was given away. I think it's ridiculous to give him anything more than half. I asked him when his parents passed would I get an inheritance as well, to which he got snarky with me and stormed off. I don't know what to do now.

TL;DR My brother is upset my parents left him nothing

Should I be as uncomfortable as I (24F) am with my bf's (24M) reationship with his mom (45F)?

I'll start with some background story. We've been dating for 6 years but it hasn't been until we moved in together, that it got really bad imo. We've been living together for 9 months.

Here are some things that make me uncomfortable about their relationship:

- calling each other twice a day AT THE VERY LEAST - usually it's even more

- their phonecalls end with thousands of kisses and 'i love and miss you's

- he relays on her opinion more than anyones (including doctors)

- it has happend several times that he's talked to her on facetime while sitting on the toilet

- once during such phonecall I overheard them talking about our sexlife which has been miserable to say the least - he was telling her that he's never in the mood and she was joking about it

- everytime we visit her they throw themselves a pity party about their health (which according to doctors isn't bad but they know better right?) but when I tried to get them to turn off a video that was triggering for my mental health i heard that 'i read about it too much on the internet and i should stop', then I had a whole meltdown and never heard sorry or anything

- he borrows her lots of money and she never has to give it back (i'm talking thousands)

- he transfered her like a hundred dollars for shoes without thinking twice but refused to pay 50 for fixing the light in our bathroom for like 5 months when I didn't have spare money for that

- i havent heard him doing it, but she somtimes talks to him in like baby talk which grossed me out real bad bc that's what I did (might be cringy idk)

- as far as physical touch goes - that may not be bad but taking everything above into perspective it just messes with my head. Long hugs for hellos and goodbyes and ofc kisses on the cheek, but a couple of days ago we were sitting on a couch and he was complaining about it being hot outside or something and she just came up to him and pressed his head to where like her lower stomach?? idk how to explain it but i thought i was gonna get out of there

Well having written it down I don't think I need your answer to the title, I am open to hearing your opinions tho. I'm going crazy.

Woodchip fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 21, 2021

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Wedding banns are the soul of the thread.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
I accidentally made my boyfriend think he needs to buy me things for me to love him
Always been a reader and not a poster but I'm seriously so stuck as to what to do or how to help right now.

So I (f21) have a boyfriend (m24) and he just had to spend alot of money on a new computer for work purposes. All fine and dandy right? Well he calls me and starts saying how anxious he is about it and how he's never been this low on money. A little background, I'm always broke and rarely have "spending money" to do alot of things with. Because of this he often pays for me when we go out to eat, when we're with friends, and he also helps out with gas sometimes.

When he says he's stressed out about it I tell him it'll be okay and that he needed the computer so he doesn't have to feel bad about buying it. His last one has been acting up since we started dating. He says yeah and then says how he won't be able to buy me food anymore. This takes me back because I don't mind at all if he buys me food, and I said so. He says "I mean like any food. For a while. Or gas." And I again say how I don't mind at all and that while I love and appreciate his help I don't need those things in order to love him. By his silence I knew I hit the nail right on the head and that's exactly what he was worried about.

I mean I do love that he buys me food and gas because it helps alot with my money situation but I by no means need it. I can get by without him buying me food if we go out or him filling my gas tank up. It's not like I haven't offered to buy the food when we're out, he always says it's okay, that he'll pay for me. And he's only filled my tank maybe four of five times in the year we've been dating. But he told me that I often say how much I need gas or that my tank is low and that when he hears me say that he "feels like he has to buy me gas". I told him that I was just stressing about it those times and that I'll make sure to say that I'm just stressed and aren't asking for money from now on.

He still sounds really stressed so I listen to him more about how worried he is about having so little money, that he's never been this low. He again says he won't be able to "spend money on me". I ask is he thought I would get and and he said "kind of". It kind of hurt my feelings that he thinks my love for him is based solely on the fact that he buys me things because I couldn't care less about his money situation. I told him that he could have a penny in his account and I would still love him. He could never buy me food or gas again and I would still love him because I'm not with him because of food or money, I'm with him because I love him and he's an amazing person. He didn't really answer and said he needs to hang up so he can leave the store. (He JUST bought the computer) I asked if he wants me to come over and he thought for a minute and said sure but he sounded like he was going to cry so I said wait are you going to cry and he just said that he has to go.

It broke my heart and now I don't know what to do because I don't care about money or food or gas I just want to love him and I've somehow made him think that I'm dependant on him buying me things in order to love him. I'm sorry if this was a mess or didn't make sense because of saying things over and over, it just happened. What should I do?

TLDR: I made my boyfriend think he needs to spend money on me in order for me to love him but I couldn't care less about money. What should I do?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

quote:

My(F 26) boyfriend(32) isn't allowing me to read books because he feels like I'm cheating on him.

I really love reading books. It's therapeutic to me and I feel calm and at peace when I get to read books. There have been times that I've read books which are romance themed. My boyfriend says that I'm cheating on him because these books have sexual scenes written and I'm not supposed to read them because people picture the scenes in the book and it means I'll picture an another man having sex with me. I've never purposely bought a book because I want a get off but I don't want to stop reading books like that.

Is there something I could do about it?

gently caress open-relationships
Hey all, sorry about this long rear end post, but I need some outside opinions on my situation.

While this will be my way of seeing things I'll try to be as neutral as possible.

For some background story, me (22M) and my girlfriend (21F) have been together for just over 3 years. Things have been great until now. We fight a lot for small things (like we used to do), expect that now it gets way out of proportion. We end up blaming eachother and getting into constant fights and it's just overall really draining and annoying.

Now, what caused all the recent drama started about 6 weeks ago when she discovered that I went on a girls instagram page about 3-4 times within 2 weeks. She is an old friend from way back. I haven't talked to her in 4 years and it was honestly just some pure stalking to see what she had been up to. I like to stalk old people from like highschool to see where they're at and whatever. Nothing harmful. Maybe weird, but no malicious intent behind it.

While I may think it was harmless, she didn't take it too well and couldn't get over it for some time. We ended up taking a break for about a week. Afterwards, we met up at her place and talked about it; she said she'd like to try an open-relationship, because she feels like she's missing out when she goes out with her friends and everyone is drunk kissing eachother and that she wants to learn to be more independant. I don't mind it and I have no problem with that. So we agreed on one specific thing (now that I'm here asking for opinions I realised we should've set more rules). What we agreed on was ''no close friends''. We probably should of set more rules, but we didn't. Even though we didn't set any other rules, I thought some rules were obvious and didn't need to be set like: no strings attached, stuff like that. So we both agreed on an open-relationship, meaning that we're are still together but with more freedom. She tells me about how she kissed a girl last night, I don't mind it, but she doesn't tell me anything else. I found out later that she was also all over a specific guy and didn't tell me about it. This was about 3 weeks ago.

Two week later, we have another fight because she says that she feels like a burden to me and that she's just ''in the way'', in her defense I'd been more distant since we started the open-relationship, but it was only because she said she wanted to learn to be more independant, so I didn't want to constantly text her like before. That's obviously not true, she is not a burden to me and I hate that I made her feel like that. I tell her it's because of the open-relationship that we set, I apologize to her for making her feel like that and tell her I want to go back to normal and try to work on our issues instead of doing this open-relationship thing. Well now she says she can't give me that and that she needs me to show her that I love her before she can give me a normal relationship.

Fast forward to yersterday, she's at work and I'm alone at her place. I take the dumb decision to go through her computer and find out she's been talking about me like I'm her ex (we never said we weren't together, we were just in an open-relationship). Basically she was looking for a caption with for an instagram post with a dress I bought her and I saw a ''my ex bought me this dress for christmas'', ''perfect caption'' text sent to her friend, followed by her friend saying ''Rip (myself) if he sees this. I told myself wtf ? ''my ex'' ? I scroll up a bit more and she constantly talks about her work friend, we'll call him Bro. Apparently she's all over him whenever they hang out, kissing and grinding and she's basically trying to gently caress him. She talks to her friend about how she WANTS to text him but she's scared he doesn't answer, she talks about how she feels like she has a little schoolgirl crush on him and wants to hangout specifically just to see him. I go in her iMessage and find out they've been texting. Obviously she was all over him the night prior to us talking and settling for an open-relationship, but she didn't tell me about it. I also found out at the end of a conversation twhere he had to go to bed, my girlfriend said ''who am I suppose to talk to ?:('' and when Bro said (myself) she answered ''why would I do that''. So much for feeling like a burden, I thought.

I leave her place, leaving her laptop opened on what I found. We have a fight over text, I tell her that what she did was wrong, as we set : no close friends, and Bro is a workfriend who she hangsout with often. I also said that obviously when you're in an open relationship, it's no-strings attached and the way she's been talking about him to her friends and texting him, saying she's looking forward to seeing him when they hangout kinda feels like she broke that rule too. She blames it on me, says she was allowed to do what she did and I did this to myself by going through her computer.

So here I am now, staring in the void and all I can think of is how this feel like it was her plan all along. She's the one who asked for an open-relationship, went straight to Bro and it feels like she just wants an open-relationship to use it as an excuse to text that guy and do stuff with him without feeling guilty or being at blame. In addition to that she says she can't give me a normal relationship back right now, no wonder why.

Anyways if anyone could give me their opinions on this. Am I in the complete wrong and just taking this way out of proportion and making up a fake story in my head ? Are we both to blame ? I don't know what to think anymore.

TD;LR: Me (22M) and my gf (21F) settled for an open-relationship, only rule is ''no close friends''. Gf says I make her feel like a burden. I ask for a normal relationship back to solve this issue, she won't give me. I found out by going through her computer that she's been texting and seeing one of her guy friend from work. I confront her and she blames me, saying I did that to myself by going through her computer. I blame her because we said ''no close friends''. I don't know what to do.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

quote:

My (24f) boyfriend (26m) is a huge Habs fan. Unbeknownst to me he made a bet that if they didn’t win the Stanley Cup he’d go into work dressed like Hitler (mustache, hair and khaki shirt). He’s going to get fired and beat up but says “guy code” means he has to do it.

Edit 2: I’ve talked him out of doing it for at least a day, asking that he please at least think about it and research what will actually happen if he does this. He’s backed down a bit and at the very least I hope he’s opened his mind a bit to how bad this can be. He has not shaved off the mustache yet (working from home today) so we aren’t out of the woods yet. If he does go through with it, I am leaving him. I don’t know if there’s anymore need to comment seeing how I’ve made up my mind.

ETA: to answer the most common questions:

He didn’t go buy a Hitler costume, he shaved his mustache and is planning on slicking down his hair and wearing a vary starched khaki shirt and brown tie that rear end his grandpas from the coast guard or something. There’s no emblem or arm band but it’s still very obvious

If the Habs did win his friend would have had to drink a bottle of Tabasco while eating sour patch kids (I guess it’s painful, I don’t know).

I guess I’m asking if this is break up worthy. I am beside myself with his lack of judgment and ridiculous notion that a “guy code” is more important than his safety, his career he worked so hard to get and much less our future together.

He tried on his costume tonight abs he’s going to get the absolute poo poo beat out of him the second he gets out of his car downtown and I can’t see him not getting fired.

What should I do here?

My wife (28/F) of 3 years called me (35/M)boring for my lack of ambition and being content in life.

I love my job. It's close to home and has flexible hours. The pay ain't bad either considering I have no degree. My wife and I with our income can afford a good living. We have two kids. A son and daughter. My son is 4 (we had a kid early on before marriage. Was a happy accident) and my daughter 2.

We were talking Fri and I mentioned my boss was leaving. My wife asked if i was gunna take his spot. I laughed and said "hell loving no. Who wants it?". This led to a fight. My wife accused me of lacking ambition and said I'm boring for just accepting things in life. She said it's insane she has to be the breadwinner, she has to claw her way up the corporate ladder. She's ambitious, she constantly takes OT and tries to get promoted but, I've been working same role, same job for 7 years and just accept it. She thinks i've become boring. My carefree attitude makes her bored. Ambition is sexy, it's what men should be. She said if I grew a backbone I could be making 6 figures by now. We could be living in New York or have a bigger house.

I don't understand her logic. Genuinely don't. I'm happy with my life. I'm content. Why do I have to be a corporate shark constantly seeking my way up the ladder. I just want to my 9-6 and go home. and see my family. I like having my weekends. I like being happy. We have money. For once we aren't struggling life.

How can I tell my wife I'm just happy? Why is someone being happy seen as wrong?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

quote:

Question about property fairness

I am a F (41) and my partner is M (37) and we bought a house a year and half ago.

We bought the house together but I put down 100% of the down payment. I had to have him on the loan because I wanted to keep my other house as a rental home. I didn't make enough to have 2 mortgages alone. Well a a month after we moved in and had a tenant, covid happened. My tenant didn't pay rent. So I had to sell my rental. But it took 5 months to get it ready for the market. The day I accepted an offer, my SO told me that he wanted out from our current home and wanted me to pay him off his half of the equity. He said he was unhappy in the relationship. (My life for the past 6 month prior had been hell, I was working full time, remodeling a house on my own, and still doing all the household stuff with kids.) But he said he would "be nice" and only charge me $20k. (The market has gone crazy recently) Yes he knew how much I was going to make on rental. Right before I started remodeling, we had refinance to get lower interest rate on our current home. So now our loan is higher than we started since we rolled all the closing costs into our new loan. I feel like he is being shady and greedy once he found out how much money I would be getting from selling the rental since it is all my house. Plus he still wants to live here and get cheap rent but has an easy exit plan if it doesn't work. He wants me to cover all the refinance costs again to get it out of his name. I am angry about this. He keeps saying a am greedy and selfish. Any suggestions? Owning this house alone would be a financial hardship. Am I being unreasonable thinking he should not get anything since we own more than we started? Help!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

quote:

I (33M) need to do something to convince my depressed girlfriend (33F) with emotional memory lapses that we're right for each other before she leaves for a trip

I (33M) am head over heels in love with my girlfriend (33F). We've been together for about 4 months. She has strongly reciprocated, and our connection is magical when we are clicking - however, there are issues.

There are two key aspects at play here. The first is that she lives deeply in the moment, is very impulsive, and follows her emotions wherever they lead her. The second is that she often experiences short term memory lapses, where she forgets both the actual details of some events, as well as the emotions she connected with these events. She's had it her whole life but it is particularly impactful in a close romantic relationship (I do think part of this "emotional memory loss" is the fact that she is so impulsive - and feels what she does feel so deeply, gets so swept up in it - that she forgets/doesn't care about what she was feeling before).

In our relationship, these two aspects come together and result in us having days and nights where we connect deeply and are deeply in love, and then the next morning comes, and she almost looks at me as if I was a stranger, and then we have to start from scratch - it's almost like I have to win her back all over again. Sometimes she's a bit distant and a bit cold to me for a few hours until we "re-establish."

Usually this isn't a problem. We joke about it. I love her so god drat much, I would do anything for her, anything to make it work. I take it as a sign of the strength of our connection that we can "re-establish" almost every day. There's this knowing smile she gives me when things click for her again, it absolutely melts my heart.

However, the past few weeks have been different. She has been depressed (something she's battled forever but it's intensified recently due to a bunch of stressors), and her mood swings have been horrific for her. There have been periods of several days where it feels like I've lost her completely, where I only see tiny glimmers of the woman I love. Because she sees the whole world through the lens of her mood at the time, she's been super pessimistic about our relationship and talks about breaking up, has all these theories about how we're not right for each other, etc. She's gone into these moods briefly in the past but always comes out of them and is head over heels for me again. This time, she hasn't.

The last few days she seems much less depressed, thankfully, but she is still very distant to me, again like she doesn't know me. I write this now because she's going away on a trip and I won't see her for at least a week, maybe more like 2 weeks. I hate the idea of her going away on this trip with her seemingly not remembering/feeling our love, and being pessimistic about the relationship.

So what I need advice on is, how do I go about convincing her that we're right for each other, and reminding her of all the incredible things we've been through together, and the deep connection we share?

TL;DR Girlfriend has memory loss and I need to re-win her over before she leaves for a trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

quote:

Bf (28m) said he won’t consider proposing to me (24f)
My boyfriend (28m) and I (24f) have been together for almost 5 years and love each other very much. However, I am getting tired of waiting for our relationship to progress and he always talks about having a family and growing old together. So I asked him when he was going to propose. He told me “I won’t even think about proposing until you get over your money problems.” He’s said this twice on two different occasions.

But the thing is, I don’t have money problems. I have good credit. I’m currently not working because I’m going to nursing school, but I saved up for two years. And am also thinki of getting a part time job too. We split the utilities. But I pay 200 dollars more in rent than him and am okay with it because he said he can’t afford to pay half. And even though it stinks since I’m not working anymore, I don’t think it’s a big deal and won’t argue with him because he said he’d have to leave what he is doing at home (day trading) and get a job if he had to pay more in rent. And I know it’s his dream to make it big in day trading and while I feel like it’s a gamble, I support his dream. So I don’t bring it up. But he thinks I have money issues because he wants me to pay for our dog’s food and meds and vet without his help, but I have to help him with the cats. They’re both ours, so I said it should be 50/50 and that he can’t just randomly make new rules.

And when we go grocery shopping he always sends me an itemized list via text of what I owe if he paid. Which I think is fine since he’s not rich, but if I forget to send the amount in tax like a dollar or so… he gets mad. But I still end up sending it. What would you do if this was your relationship in terms of waiting for a proposal?