Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Leave him on the sidewalk in pieces. Maybe he got into inceldom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Straight White Shark posted:

:stare:

This makes a scary amount of sense. Butter has extremely low amounts of lactose and it would take a very severe allergy to make you sick from it considering how much typically gets used in cooking.

When I'm stressed I get super lactose intolerant and oily, fatty stuff combined with dairy give me cramps and farts of death. If the mom is making greasy, Buttery food it could very well be

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

It's too late, sacrifice him to Moloch

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Asked my bf if he reads books by women and now he is super angry at me.

Checkmate, female. I read Dragonlance :smugdog:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Miss posted:

My (23F) boyfriend (29M) of 2yrs threatened to kill my cat if she ever touches his son (4M). I'm extremely hurt and don't know what to think. (VERY LONG)

ESH.

Cat isn't fixed, and OP wants to mutilate her cat by declawing it.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Being fair, it's a six year old post, and in the comments she said she broke up with him, and only considered declawing because she didn't know how harmful it was.

Fair enough.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for only tipping 10% on amazing service?

Seriously? Why would you tip for a clearly overpriced meal? Spaghetti for 43 bucks +5 for meatballs?

Is this Le Doubies?

And there's hidden fees too?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

There's clown unions?!!!

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

EK chops down my tree costs her £500,000 ($700,000)"]

quote:

Its been 2 years and I can finally post about this. this is juicy so get ready.

Background information: we live in an old and big manor that has been split into 3 attached houses. The houses are about 150 years old and where built around 5 huge giant sequoias which were about 200 years old. In the UK giant sequoias are very rare and the 2 in our garden up the house price by about £60,000. We lived next to 2 really nice neighbors one young couple and one old couple.

The story: unfortunately, our old neighbors passed away, so their child and her family moved in (let’s call her Joe). Joe was instantly a pain in the rear end we had been sharing chickens with the previous neighbors and Joe agreed to keep sharing them however on her nights she would constantly forget to put them away so we would have to check them every night anyway. One night her little brats thought it would be funny to open our personal duck pen in the night which leads to a mass slaughter later the chickens went the same way.

About 2 years ago there was a storm and one of her sequoias somehow fell over and died they were distraught (understandably) but from then on, the jealousy started. She would constantly complain about how lucky we were to have 2 sequoias in our garden and how our sequoia was making too much shade in their garden (it wasn’t) anyway we just thought it was Joe being a pain, there were a few dry threts like they will chop it down or maybe the next storm will blow it down.

Until we came back from a holiday to France to find a huge 6-meter stump and nothing else! I mean how the gently caress do you get rid of a 100ft tree in like 2 weeks. 2 of our old British oak trees had been crushed as well. My mum and sisters where crying my dad were red in the face and we had no evidence Joe had done it. She claimed that there had been a storm and she had to get rid of it. we had a security camera at the front of the house, but you can get in the back if you go through a few fields.

We then were given an £8000 bill for damages to her property and to have the tree chopped up and removed the wood alone would have been worth a small fortune.

We had lost all hope and 2 weeks had passed when my dad came running in from the garden. We had put up a wildlife camera a few months ago and had caught everything, we got a lawyer on the phone and started our revenge. We got a tree surgeon out who said it was an original specimen brought into the UK in 1860 along with the 2 that were in Elvaston castle country park there were 218 around the UK but only 60 now, he also told us to call out an engineer because the roots might be in the foundation so when they rot it could damage the house, turns out we would need to redo the foundations.
Then we took Joe to court and sued them for damage to property, trespassing and emotional damage. The tree would cost 250K to have another sequoia that was 250 years put in and looked after (it's basically impossible) plus the damage to the foundation which was 200K and the 2 oaks which were another 25k. so with the emotional, It went to about £500,000 ($700,000).
They had to move out.

And we have now paid off the mortgage done a lovely loft and kitchen conversion and have basically done up the house and garden as well as plant a 60-year-old sequoia tree in the back garden. We also had our kitchen counter and table made from the old sequoia. We now have a new lovely family living next to us who we share chickens, ducks and pygmy goats with (there very nice and I make a fortune babysitting their kids)

Sorry for the essay

TLDR:

New neighbors chop down original sequoia specimen that 200 year old and is of the same tree as all to ones in every signal place of note in the UK. Ends up costing them £500,000 ($700,000)

I'm working on the SPaG but I'm dyslexic please tell me where the errors are.

Edit: many of you wanted to hear about the court case but she didn't stand a chance and as soon as we revealed the footage she gave up.
the people who cut the tree down gave us the countertops for free as a sorry (they were truly sorry)
the neighbors had a second home so they just sold the house and moved back to their smaller one.
we feel bad for the old neighbors but we do visit their graves because they were like family.
I cant show the footage of the wildlife cam sorry:( but I can show footage we got of hedgehogs

thank you so much for the silver
Holy poo poo a gold thanks
Wtf another one thanks so much
bruh a loving plat thank you so much
And another oh my god u guys are amazing
And a gold you guys are great at this rate I wont need to pay for reddit premium thanks.
And a 'GOAT' award thanks. Also what does it mean?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Reddit Mods deleted the animal crossing lesbians and now I'm sad :smith:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Garrand posted:

He's mad that she's disrespecting his water, not that she's wasting it.

She does not have the proper water honor and must pay the price

Water Discipline is important in Sietch. Her water fat belongs to the community now for disrespecting the tribe.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Straight White Shark posted:

I saw a baby duck and became instantly angry

Then the baby duck beats you within an inch of death and your gf has sex with it cause you're suck a weak wristed loser.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

MIL needs to go to the most Asian/Indian/Latin America elder care facility on the planet.

Full of tiny Filipinas doing a daily potluck.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

Ultimate power move would be to not cook for a week.

But then she's a lazy no good for her precious son brown person!

Street or nursing home.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Can we agree that Dentists are at best a salesperson with a tenuous grasp of medicine at best?

I recently paid silly amounts for a root canal for an infected tooth that the dentist botched and the ER Dentist had to pull

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Angrymog posted:

Also, in most cases, isn't most of the cost of getting a license the whole 'learning to drive' part?

The problem is essentially that the mandatory lessons are a huge scam if you already learned how to drive. Especially in rural communities in Europe, you'll probably learn how to drive at like 15, may it be in granddads Traktor or whatever. Nobody gives much of a gently caress.

But then you have to shill out 3k for mandatory driving and theory lessons and you cannot self apply to the dmv to take your test without that.

That's multiple months of wages for some people.

And then they give you a skyhigh insurance rate as a new driver, especially if your first car is a beater.

I imagine Latvia has bureaucratical shortcuts.

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 08:30 on May 11, 2020

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Oh boy, suddenly I feel bad for ordering Reeses Cups and HDMI cables and catfood.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

Advice needed

Please don't post digital strokes. I smelled toast reading this.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

welcome to hell posted:

i (25F) think i’m dating an immature/unintelligent boy?(25M)

put my pee pee in it 😺

Sunk Cock Fallacy, you have to marry him.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

10% seems... Not that much for a family discount. I know people who haggled down 3k from the dealer for a new car and they didn't have to bone the dealers nephew.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

datajugend posted:

Offer the money but only if you are guaranteed to inherit the watch

Say yes, but only if you're the one buying the watch. Buy a convincing fake for a tenth of the price.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

My (28 / M) coworker (early 30s / F) is "leaving" her husband for me. We are not involved.

Is this how you get a manic pixie dream girl?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Guilty posted:

loving hell, I think it should be socially acceptable to just get a hooker at the age of 30 if you still can't get laid, just so no one gets kidnapped and locked in a basement.

It is.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

teen witch posted:

I wouldn’t ever wish to have a sex worker subjected to this. He does not need nor deserve to pour his bonkers lovely behavior onto another person.

He gets a secondhand fleshlight, and no more.

To be fair, this smells like incel /mgtow bait and was written with one hand

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Yass Witch Queen!

She should use her new positive connection to Hekate to get rid of OP

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

ABDL is adult baby diaper lover fyi

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Who cuts... Pizza with scissors.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

He should breakup with her for spending $300 on a kitten.

The other stuff is ancillary.

What? Cats do cost at least that much if the kitten comes spayed or neutered or is a particular breed.

I paid around 400€ for my cat, and she was a steal

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for throwing away my gf's umbilical cord?

His GF will return to the beach now.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Barudak posted:

Idiot, you need two more of those things

Eyes on the inside.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There was literally a reporter who wrote a glowing article on him while Boris was loving his wife

The british are an impossibly degraded people

"Cucked by Brit-Trump: A glowing opinion piece"

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Licarn posted:

dogs should have dog names, like Horand von Grafrath and Heinz von Starkenburg

Strong, pure names for strong, purebred Dogs.

Mutts should have blue collar union worker names like Jeff or Pete or Vinny. If it fits a longshoreman or stevedore, it's a good dog name.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

TheKennedys posted:

I did improve my German by being silly and teaching my kids semi-commands for my dog in German since she's a dachshund mix

Das ist ein guter Würstchenhund, jawohl.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Magikarp (Boy) Gyarados (Girl)

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

DreamingofRoses posted:

Update on my dad knowing I'm gay(m17)

Both stories got removed. The OP also gave some advice on askgaymen before posting this, where he also crossposted his story.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Ralph Crammed In posted:

In Germany the McRib is an all the time menu item, or at least it was last time I was there.

This is true.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Call him Týr,OP.

That's where Tuesday comes from,also the kid can easily become a white supremacist/nazi,too!

Problem solved

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Runcible Cat posted:

Yeah, nobody better try and tell me I can't share the bed with my cats. :kimchi:

Though I'd probably judge anyone sharing with their goldfish, hypocrite that I am.

I'd share my water bed with my goldfish, but not my cat.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Isn't looking at the menu fine, as long as you eat at home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Stop dating a weird closet goblin, you mud goblin.

Taco Bell Boyfriend rules.