Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
get your marks lightly buzzed so they'll buy the asparagus water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Could've been solved by just not jacking off at work

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It was just out of curiosity! GOD!

just marking this stall as MY stall, don't want another dude using MY toilet

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
but little caesar's has the dquare lizza and i'm overwhelmed by the gimmick SQUARE POKZA

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

AITA for making a dark joke at my SO’s expense

this is funny and your SO sucks :lol:

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Lucrece posted:

AITA for wanting my child that was the result of an affair to meet her half-siblings even though their father has died?

hi reddit i'm an entitled stalker that the cheating husband couldn't get away from fast enough aita for continuing to stalk his family after his death now that he's not there to keep me away? thanks in advance

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for selling stuff that my hoarder parents sent me to college with?

I'm a sophomore in college, and I'm living in a 1 bedroom apartment rather than the dorms. I was living in the dorms during the fall semester of this year, but moved off campus for the spring semester.

My mom and dad are compulsive shoppers, and hoarders. At their house, they'd have so much stuff piled around that there were just paths to walk through rooms. A lot of stuff, expensive stuff, went unopened. When I lived at home, they treated my bedroom like some of their hoarding space; every time I'd clear space they'd drop off "gifts" that I didn't even want.

When I moved into my apartment, I wanted to take very little. Just what I'd had in the dorm, plus a few things from home. But I needed my parents help moving.

I packed up my stuff into the truck they rented and said this was all I wanted. But the morning of the move, I noticed they'd put twice as much into the truck, stuff I hadn't wanted to bring. I was angry and I said that I didn't want all that, to take it out. But my parents steamrolled me; saying there's no time to unpack, you'll need it all for college, this is the stuff you need to make a home, you need an equipped kitchen, you didn't bring nearly enough to wear, etc...

I was fed up with it and really just wanted to get to college so I said OK, let's go.

We arrived my parents and I unloaded everything. They'd be taking a train home and they conveniently couldn't take anything back with them...

Once they left, I knew I wanted rid of most of it. I like a really minimalist living space. So I went through everything, sorting out what I'd meant to bring versus what was snuck in.

I filled a hallway with stuff, mostly new in boxes, or new with tags, and started listing it on FB Marketplace. Designer clothes and bags, kitchen supplies and gadgets, home goods, flat pack furniture kits, high end cosmetics and toiletries, shoes, etc.

I've made made almost 3000 in about 3 weeks. And I've only sold like half of the stuff I've listed. I've also let my friends take stuff they want, and I plan on donating anything I don't sell or give away in the next few weeks.

But the issue... My parents don't have Facebook but my aunt does. And she told my mom about my sale listings. My mom blew up on me, saying that that stuff wasn't mine to give away. I that they'd said the stuff was mine.

I also said that I was selling them because I was really scared of debt after college, what if I can't pay my student loans back? So I was trying to make money to put towards college now. That is partially true even though it's not the whole reason. But it did calm my parents down.

AITA for selling so much without asking? I felt like the ownership thing is kind of murky; they've always used "gifts" as a euphamism for "crap of ours that we want to store in your space and take back when we want" and we all know it. But I'm sick of being the storage unit.

This is a great move by this OP, I don't even know whk they are and I'm proud of them

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
A furry couch sounds like it would be a pain in the rear end to clean. If its that synthetic fur stuff then its stiff and smells plasticky too.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for politely and maturely asking a co-worker on a work trip to not masturbate when I am in the room?

So the story is my team was sent on a work trip, and they roomed us 2 to a room in the hotel. This was a 5 day trip. I was roomed with a co-worker who I'll call Harold. Harold is new to our team.

I was very concerned about having to room with somebody. Some people have called me a "prude" in my life, but I am just very private about sexuality. I don't care what people do, truly, I just like to practice discretion and privacy.

Over a period of 5 days, I am sure most males will engage in masturbation at least 2-4 times. Frankly, many males engage in this daily. So, since I was sharing a room with another male, I was afraid of when and how he might masturbate.

So I tried to address it in a professional, mature, polite, non-judgmental way. I said basically something like: Look, we are both guys, we both know that we masturbate sometimes. I would just ask that while we are on this trip, as a sign of mutual respect, we agree to only masturbate in the bathroom if we have to. I would ask you, respectfully, to not masturbate in the bed at night while I am in the room in the next bed, I think we can agree that would be awkward. Of course, I'll make the same promise. Agreed?

Not word for word but that is the gist of what I said. I expected him to react with agreement and maybe relief that I had broached the subject, which I'm sure he had been thinking about too.

Instead, he acted very oddly, and even seemed angry. He got very awkward and then told me he didn't think that I should say "poo poo like that" and that he was not the type of person who would "jack off next to my god damned co-worker". I was absolutely astonished that he reacted so immaturely. It turns out he spoke to our Manager who was on the trip, and the company had to pay to give him his own separate room because he was not comfortable, and I got in trouble for this. Of course he also told the rest of the team.

This is causing interpersonal conflict because I think I behaved correctly, but he believes I was "insane", and most of my co-workers have taken his side and are issuing harsh judgments against me and it seems I may be losing friendships over the issue. However I feel it is all misinterpreted. I am very stressed and saddened by how I am perceived but can not truly see how I might have been out of line, so I thought I would post here to see if there is a consensus.

Tell his girlfriend's parents

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for asking my bridesmaid to temporarily change her vibrant hair colour for my colour schemed wedding?

My 24 f bridsemaid / cousin Ella 26 f is to be in my wedding party in June. The ongoing issue is that my wedding has a blue and green peacock theme and guests have been asked to follow this colour scheme with their clothes. Hair wasn't originally included at all in the colour scheme but my cousin Ella has natural bright ginger hair.

I would never ask someone to permemnantly change their hair for my wedding, I know that would be bonkers so I suggested some temporary hair dye, but Ella argued that she has been growing her hair for 6 years and doesn't want to risk the colour not washing out. I thought this was ridiculous because it literally says washes out in like 14 washes. But Ella says because her hair is completely natural colour it might take strongly to her hair.

So I gave up on that avenue and suggested a wig, it is 1 day 1 single day and there are some amazing wigs these days, I had a look on Instagram and you wouldn't even be able to tell. But she said she would feel self conscious and weird wearing a wig and that because her hair is butt length that it might sit weird on her head. So she won't dye it, and won't cover it up. I really don't want to come across as a bridezilla but butt length flaming red hair will destroy the wedding photos, and ruin the colour scheme completely.

Im at a loss, I can't cut her from the wedding because my mom would murder me but I can't have freaking Merida ruining the photos, AITA for asking this of her for just 1 single day?

tl;dr bridesmaid has flaming red hair and refusing to hide it for one single day for my wedding that has a colour scheme it will clash with aita

EDIT: Ella has dropped out of the wedding because we couldn't reach a compromise so it doesn't matter anymore. I now have to deal with my mom and aunt chewing me out over it all.

but....wouldn't red hair look great with blue and green?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
impossible, hand jobs aren't cheating

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
"Running butthole challenge" is the dumbest thing I've ever heard

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
If someone asked me to move on a plane and it wasn't assigned seating, I'd just move. It's not hard to be courteous to other passengers when trapped together in a metal tube flying miles above the ground. She deserved what she got and honestly having to sit next to a crummy little kid isn't even that bad.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Power Khan posted:

I give you this. Enjoy

UPDATE: My sister (32F) is having an affair with a married man and has no intention of ending any of the relationships or anyone finding out.
Original post: will post in comments since it was removed

I deleted my post yesterday so I could share this update with everyone interested. This is how everything turned out. All the comments yesterday really stirred me up and made me realize I was still being used as an alibi in her infidelity. I had told my sister I wanted no part in her lies but she continued to use me and it was taking a huge toll on my mental health. And holy hell did things explode.

So I messaged her boyfriend back and told him that I lied about the reason why I cancelled Sunday night dinners. The real reason needs to come from my sister and he should sit her down and talk. At the same time, I messaged my sister and told her she cannot use my computer and she needs to stop involving me in her lies. I then turned my phone off and figure it out between them.

Not even 5 minutes goes by and my husband's phone is blowing up with calls from my sister and her boyfriend. My husband refused to answer saying this has nothing to do with him and they need to sort it out between themselves so then he turned his phone off too.

An hour later, guess who shows up at our house! My sister and her boyfriend. They are both visibly upset. My sister looked like she'd been crying a lot. I walk with them into the living room and my husband goes into the kitchen to get some water for them. As soon as my sister sits down she looks at me so venomously and says "I don't know why you're starting problems in my relationship, but you need to tell him the truth and not involve me in it."

I was perplexed. She is STILL trying to use me as her scapegoat and have me lie for her. My husband walked into the room, gave them both a glass of water and sat next to me and held my hand (I am so grateful for this amazing man, he has been so beyond supportive and understanding through this whole thing and I just really want to take a minute here to emphasize how great he actually is. Some people have accused me in my previous post for dragging him into all this, but the truth is he would have moved moutains to have my back and the only person dragging others into their mess has been my sister dragging my husband and I into her BS. He handled everything like a true gentleman and I couldn't be prouder to be his wife).

I looked her dead in the eyes and told her I'm not lying for her and I will tell the truth if she forces me to. She started screaming and crying that there's no truth to tell. That I always look down on her and pass judgement. That I act like I'm better than her in every way but I know deep down that she's got a much better life than I do and I must be jealous. That our Dad always said I was a troublemaker and I'm the reason Dad and Mum got divorced and now I want to ruin another relationship. She also said some very personal stuff about my marriage and my husband had a noticably hard time not pulling her up in that moment. It was nasty. I tried to rationalize that she was just in fight or flight mode and that she didn't mean all this. But man it was HARD to not get angry.

Her boyfriend finally said something, he told my sister to shut up, and then said to me and my husband that whatever my sister is hiding from him she clearly has no intention on telling. So he asked me to please just tell him. My sister was yelling and crying some more, she stood up and started to leave demanding her boyfriend to come with her. He just sat there, ignored her and looked at me and my husband. My sister is in the background, running up and down my hallway yelling at her boyfriend, calling me names. It was insane. We just sat there quietly while she continued flying off the handle. She had to know that the worse her behavior was in the moment, the worse she was making it for herself. But she was just completely losing it.

So I told him. I said "she is cheating on you with ***** from work."

He didn't say anything, he barely changed his facial expression. He just sat back in the lounge quietly and my sister just started screaming "LIAR!" Over and over and over again. She started breaking things in my house, she broke a vase, knocked family photos off the wall, pushed over a little table in our hallway that had more photo frames and other little knick knack things on it and started either punching or kicking a wall, that was when my husband got up to stop her. I could hear him tell her he would call the police if she kept acting this way. She then asked him what it was like being married to a lying homewrecking c**t. He ignored her comment and told her to calm down and sit back down in the living area and talk to her boyfriend.

Her boyfriend and I sat in the lounge room just listening to this go on. He asked me "she told you this? When did she tell you?" And I told him the truth. Eventually he pulled his phone out. I asked him if he was ok and if he needed anything, he said "no and no". I told him I was going to try and calm down my sister and will be back shortly.

I went into the hall where my sister and husband were and asked her to just come back into the living area and talk to her boyfriend. Finally my sister stopped yelling and calling me names but was hysterically sobbing, she came into the lounge room and started begging her boyfriend to talk to her. He just stayed staring at his phone. Didn't look up at her once. And she kept begging to just go home with her and talk about all of this. She wasn't directly admitting her guilt, she was just very messy with everything she was saying.

He eventually said "I'm not getting into any car with you." She laid on the ground in front of him, put her head on his feet and kept crying. My husband and I decided to leave the room at this time and let them have some privacy.

We were in the kitchen for about 15-20 minutes and then my sister starts screaming and swearing louder than she was before, we go in to try and help the situation if at all possible. And also to make sure no further damage was being done to our possessions.

Apparently her boyfriend was on his phone earlier finding the married man and his wife on Facebook and HE MESSAGED THEM! He also emailed my sisters supervisor at work and told him about what was going on. Like... wow... I was at a loss for words. My sister got an abusive text from the married guy telling her to go die in a hole, that she was a disgusting person and a homewrecker. That he was only sleeping with her because he needed his desires met and his wife is a Catholic woman and wouldn't do half the things my sister was willing to do. Her boyfriend laughed when she read this message outloud to all of us.

Like. Holy. I was gobsmacked. A part of me was thinking his calm composure after being told about this might indicate he could be willing to work on the relationship and get past it but thankfully he wasn't thinking that way at all. She ran out the front door in a fit of rage, I went after her while my husband stayed inside and tried to take the car keys off her because driving in her state was definitely dangerous IMO. She slapped and kicked me a few times in between my attempts to get the keys. She even threatened to stab me with the key at one point. My husband was just starting to come outside to intervene but she jumped in the car and sped off like a lunatic. My husband thought it best to just call the local police station and let them know she was driving dangerously and was a high risk to herself and others safety.

We consistently tried to make contact with my sister to make sure she was safe but couldn't get through to her. She turned her phone off. Her now ex boyfriend asked if he could crash at ours for a few days, we didn't see why not. None of his family live close by and he doesn't have a car and I guess I am indirectly responsible for his homelessness right now. He immediately started making arrangements to hire a car and move to his brothers which is a 15 hour drive away.

My sister hasn't responded to any of us and after a few hours we requested a police officer do a check on her to ensure her safety. They didn't find her driving after the first call to the local police station so maybe she had just gone straight home from our house. She was checked on at home in the late afternoon and apparently she was heavily intoxicated. The officer had a paramedic come check on her too. They ended up checking on her again later that night and this morning and reported to us that she is safe.

My husband and I took the day off work. And my sisters ex boyfriend quit his job first thing this morning. The ex boyfriend needed to get all his stuff from their house and asked us to drive him there. We agreed, I wasn't sure if she would have gone to work but if she didn't I wanted to see if she was ok. We got there and she was home. She wouldn't acknowledge my husband or I or allow us in the house to help gather his things so we waited outside. As we were packing the car and leaving I tried to approach my sister again but she went inside and refused to talk to me. I ended up leaving a note under her front door just saying that I'm here if she needs me and I'm sorry she's going through this right now.

My sisters ex boyfriend didn't have much stuff, he didn't earn enough money to pay for any furniture in the house over the course of their 15 year relstionship and he was well aware of that. He just grabbed his personal items, clothes, his computer and PlayStation. Everything fit into our car easily enough. On the drive home he said that while he was grabbing his stuff she kept trying to talk to him. Kept trying to explain and give reasons why she did this. He ignored her the whole time and said he was hurt because amongst all her talking she didn't once say that she was sorry and maybe if she did say sorry then he would have sat down and talked with her a little.

And that's where we are right now. I don't know if my sisters job will be impacted. I don't know if she will ever speak to us again. I don't know what is going to happen to the married guy and his family. I know the wife messaged back the ex boyfriend and thanked him for telling her and that she had been suspicious for a while and this wasn't the first time he had done this to her. The ex boyfriend told the wife about the text her husband sent to my sister too. I know her ex boyfriend is really appreciative that I told him. He understands what a horrible situation my sister put me in. I also told him about my posts on here and he had a good read through all of it and the comments. He says he was a little suspicious that maybe there was some flirting going on but he didn't think there was an affair happening. He loves my sister and even though they had some serious problems and he has a lot to work on on himself, he didn't think she would actually cheat on him. He is heartbroken. It's honestly so awful that this happened. He was never a bad guy, the worst of what he is is lazy and immature. That didn't deserve him getting cheated on.

I got to be honest, it's been really therapeutic writing all this out. It's giving me some serious self relection on the whole situation. I'm ok with the way everything was handled, even though some of you will disagree. I definitely could have done things better in some scenarios but overall I feel my sister forced my hand here. I'm glad my sister is out of a relationship that she clearly didn't want to be in. I hope this is the beginning of her getting herself out of this self destructive depression and making better decisions. And I'm glad her ex is now going to do something different with his life rather than live off my sisters money, smoke weed all day and play video games.

Thank you for all the helpful advice, it really did help. I felt a couple of moments of complete clarity on this situation when reading some comments which gave me the kick up the rear end I needed and gave me confidence in my decisions.

TL;DR: I was forced to tell my sisters now ex boyfriend the truth about her cheating. Everyone involved now knows.

i believed until the sister started running up and down the hallway, but it does make for a good story.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Have you ever seen anyone absolutely lose their poo poo? Like, completely 100 percent melt down? That didn’t strike me as unbelievable at all, my ex used to do that kind of poo poo on a near weekly basis.

I've seen people lose their poo poo, I just find it unbelievable in this case, lmao, I'm sorry to anyone who this hurts because they believe in the fake reddit post. But it does make for a good story so ultimately it doesn't matter that much.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Everyone, please pay attention to me declaring this story fake. I really want y'all to know that I'm smarter than you because I can identify a fake and you cannot. I'm so god loving drat smart, I am.

I think that the story might have been improved if the Curb Your Enthusiasm riff had started playing once the cheater left, if I had a reddit account I'd go over and critique it myself but since I don't, this is the next best thing. Now if everyone wants a good grade this semester then you'll have your own critiques on this turned in to my desk by Friday

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

This post is fake.

I wish, do you know how much it sucks to be a teacher?

The Walrus posted:

:nobodycares:

dang this should be an emote

that's not true Walrus...I care :911: I care

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

Yes. It's why I, along with all sane people, aren't a teacher. Maybe if you spent less time screaming "FAKE!" on the internet, you wouldn't feel the need to take a job bossing children around.

sit down in your chair or else you're getting a detention Sunny!

dick wizard posted:

I mean I guess if you interpret it as her crouching down in starting position and then sprinting down the hall while wailing and then crouching back down and then sprinting back the other way over and over again, I could see why you'd think this is fake. I just assumed she was darting back and forth yelling for her boyfriend to leave with her which is absolutely not unbelievable behavior in the situation.

The way the OP described it was a bit odd I guess. It's comical to picture a grown adult darting around screaming constantly while the others just kind of sit there making :| faces while that poor boyfriend messages some dude on Facebook...and then she starts trashing poo poo.

What I don't understand is, why would the cheater sister read out loud a text message from her cheating partner to her ex boyfriend and the others? Was she looking for validation? That's such odd behavior, even if she's stressed out.

I've seen grown adults have meltdowns before but it was usually a quick outburst and then they just left the house, not a protracted tantrum where they owned themselves by reading the text messages dunking on them.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

PetraCore posted:

Those people probably have healthier coping mechanisms than OP's sister, who apparently had no other backup plan or emotional bracing for anything other than 'continue indefinitely, don't get caught'. Like it's bizarre and counterproductive but it reads like her only plan, if any, was to freak out so badly everyone else would be forced to mollify her, but I also doubt she was doing that in a calculated matter at that point because she was completely unable to switch tracks when it didn't work.

From a self-centered perspective, her decade and a half long relationship and relationship with her sister complete imploded, and then her side relationship and job also imploded. The fact that every single one of these is her fault probably doesn't even factor into it for her.

I guess so. I'm still baffled as to why she would read the text message out loud tho, :lol:

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Kenshin posted:

Honestly at that point she was both completely irrational and reaching for anything she could lash out with--it may have been a (really dumb) attempt to make the boyfriend jealous? Honestly no idea but panic + irrationality = bafflingly stupid in the moment decisions

if only the cheater had cha cha-ed real smooth down the hall instead of scuttling like a crab perhaps this could have been smoothed over

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wanting to go wedding dress shopping (again)?

I'm getting married. I went wedding dress shopping with my mum, sister and mother in law.

On arriving at the shop my mum and sister chose the first dress and my mother in law chose the second. I tried both on. They loved both dresses. I hated both dresses.

I admitted that I didn't like either and when the sales assistant who was helping me asked what I didn't like I listed pretty much everything. The sales assistant realised fairly quickly what the problem was and directly asked if I wanted the exact opposite of these dresses, and I said yes.

My mum, sister, and mother in law heard what we'd said and pretty much checked out after that. I asked for help picking out another dress and they said they were out of ideas, and when I tried on one I chose, mum asked if we could leave, so we did.

In the week since this happened all 3 of them have separately called me in tears over the phone, apologised, and said that they went in there with an idea and it hurt to hear me reject it. They have all asked if we could go back to the shop and try again.

Here's the problem: I have bought a dress I love. It is the exact opposite of what they chose. It is also not strictly a wedding dress, as it is not from a bridal shop, and it's not even white, but I love it. I've already left it with a friend who is adjusting it to fit me better, and once it's done it's going to look perfect.

I didn't know how to tell them this over the phone, so I just said I'd think about it and get back to them. My fiance said that I should really tell them soon as it's better they find out now than at the wedding.

Yesterday I invited them all over for dinner, and I told them. The dress was still at my friend's so I showed them a picture my friend took of me wearing the dress while it was pinned. They all hated it.

After they left I got another phone call from each of them, saying that they were upset about how I went about it, as they feel I went behind their backs and was acting maliciously, first by buying it when they weren't there and second by buying something that was so far removed from their ideas. They asked for me to come back to the bridal store with them and just try on a couple more, but I said no.

My fiance says he supports my choice but also feels like I could throw them a bone and go shopping again, but I don't want to. It was a pain the first time and I've chosen my dress.

AITA for not wanting to go back to the shop and look again with them?

Info: I paid for the first dress (less than £50) in full, so I have almost all of my dress budget (over 1.5 grand) still intact and I would be paying for a second dress if I went shopping with them, but they have said if it's over my budget they'll cover the difference.

I love dress drama

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Bobulus posted:

This isn't the topic at hand, I realize, but I always assumed most brides just rented a dress? Two thousand dollars for something you're (hopefully) going to use once seems like a pretty big 'bone' to throw to your relatives. When I started reading it, I assumed the husband suggested 'go shopping and let them air their opinions, but then politely decline and go with the dress you already had', not 'cave to them and buy what they want'.

Sometimes but most commonly the dress is purchased and saved for the rest of the marriage. My mom has her wedding outfit and isn't getting rid of it even though its been 40+ years.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Straight White Shark posted:

AITA for getting our teacher suspended for using red and green pens in class only?

No guilt needed, the OP made a reasonable request and even brought materials to make it easy. Professor is just an ableist rear end.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Colonel J posted:

Looking at all these wedding planning / dress stories... Is it that marriage makes people insane, or is it that insane people tend to get married?

Wedding planning is crazy stressful. It's an industry that pumps up already nutty prices and if you do it at a Proper Venue then you have to plan things up to a year in advance because you have to fit around other people's bookings. Then you have to weigh your guest list -- who do you want to come? Who will feel slighted and cause years of drama if you don't invite them? Who wants to come but can't make it because the only available slot at the only venue you can afford is at the wrong time of year? How do you handle catering? Does your family support you or are they trying to force you into their expectations? Also, how are you paying for everything when vendors charge premiums?

I've been a bridesmaid at three weddings for women who are not crazy and who have lovely husbands. All three of them broke down crying on me while wedding planning because of all the stress and obligations.

Weddings make people crazy sometimes.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Would withholding your minor kid's legal documents from your divorced spouse be something you could go to the court about re: your custody arrangement?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
I guess hindsight is 20/20. Physical confirmation that the passport is in good shape is best but if his ex hasn't given him trouble before he wouldn't have a reason to think otherwise.

I wonder what would have happened if they had gone to the airport's passport office for help. Hard to think in the moment I guess

HIJK fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 30, 2020

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

Did you not read the story either?

This poo poo ain't hard to parse, folks. He was dealing with a hostile entity and basically did everything he could other than committing assault or other crimes to physical force it from her.

You obviously didn't read the rest of my post, I already know that which is why I also said:

quote:

Physical confirmation that the passport is in good shape is best but if his ex hasn't given him trouble before he wouldn't have a reason to think otherwise.

That means he should have insisted on the physical appearance and confirmation of the passport but since he did not know his ex-wife was a hostile entity then he trusted her to look out for their daughter and not screw them over. So he didn't think to take the very legal and not-assaulty steps to secure the passport, like telling the court his ex wife is withholding legal documents before sinking money into an international trip. There's a very wide gap between inaction and "commit a crime to get my daughter's passport."

How on earth did you read my post and think that was what I was advocating?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Licarn posted:

The good news: facebook have now removed the page

The bad news: the top google results for her name are now the many, many, many news articles about this that include her full name :doh:

talk about being the butt of a joke

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for automating my job and getting paid while doing basically nothing?

In my career I have always automated any tasks I could. At first I would automate the tasks, share my work and progress with the team get praised and about a week later it feels all but forgotten and soon I would get new work to replace it. People would continue to use the tools I make but I never saw any real benefits in terms of promotion or bonuses for my work. Eventually I stopped sharing my automation and just used any new tools for myself. This resulted in my work day going from 6 hours of work to about 1. For my past 2 jobs I never mention automation so my bosses technically never had the chance to give me bonuses or the like and I just used my saved time to relax instead of getting new work piled on.

​A couple months ago I started a new job which is work from home and I have automated my job to where I do maybe 3 hours of work a week. The rest of my time at home is spent watching tv, playing games and just chilling basically. When my friend who I game with during my work day (he works afternoon/evenings) found all this out he said I was basically stealing from my job. My thought process is my work gets done and I have not received any complaints from my boss so who cares if I get it done in 3 hours or 40 hours. AITA for not sharing my tools that I feel are underappreciated and apparently stealing from the company?

​INFO: I am salaried

EDIT: While I appreciate the career advice on using my skills to increase my salary. I am not looking for a let's say 30% raise while moving from 3-5 hours a week to 40 hours a week. I am quite happy with my compensation per hours worked as is, I was just curious if i was TA or not.

nta. ride free citizen

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Darkhold posted:

No idea where my wife got this story from but she sent me this:
I tried to add paragraph breaks. The whole thing was written in a manic block. I enjoy the dark twist at the end.

hahahahahahahahhahaha thank you for this

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Don't put celery up your rear end, it doesn't have enough fiber

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

monkeytennis posted:

I thought it was natures toothbrush?

I guess celery would reach farther up your rear end then a toothbrush would. Maybe someone should pop over to the poopsock girl post and let the boyfriend know she could use celery instead.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for destroying a local tourism industry?

My country is one of the poorest countries in Europe and I am a tour guide at one of our most popular tour sites. For confidentiality as well as not breaking the subs rules i won't mention where it is. Tour services to this area generally cost around 100 dollars or so per person, sometimes even more. They ridiculously overcharge as its a single tour guide taking like 10 or so people out and people aren't allowed to travel to this region without a official tour guide so you have no choice but to go with them. I am a licensed tour guide and I decided to charge 25 dollars per person and I still make my country's month salary in a couple days. My competitors are loving pissed and have tried to blackmail me, threaten me, slander me and get the government to revoke my pass.

I had it revoked to which i had to fight in court to get it back. A lot of close fiends are saying I'm an rear end in a top hat because I destroyed many businesses as many of my competitors went out of business, while most slashed their prices leading to huge losses and some people getting fired. I don't care as I see those people as greedy bastards who deserved it. My mom is close friends with a competitor who lost their job as they charged 100 dollars per person. I told that person when they blamed me for their loss that it was his own loving fault for being a greedy prick and I don't care his salary got cut in half when he's still making 4x the average of my country monthly. He had to sell his house and get a smaller one. Ive become the main provider in my region destroying several of the biggest chains. I also refuse to hire those who got fired from the other businesses

you did good kid. you did good.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Miss posted:

I [24F] got pregnant 5 years ago and my boyfriend at the time threatened to ruin my life if I tried to get child support from or contact him in any way again. Now I got a check and letter in the mail saying he [25M] wants to be a dad and that he's sorry. I'm pissed. Help

Talk to a lawyer first, don't accept bribe money from a man who threatened you and is trying to hide behind the "I was just a kid" excuse. Figure out how what kind of custody you can except in your state and only then do you talk to him.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Miserable Maid posted:

I [24F] am jealous over my friend's [26F] ability to be happy even though she is broke.

I bought a super cute dress for maybe like 200$.

But it was on saaaaaaale

The lack of self awareness...it's beautiful

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Serene Dragon posted:

But every time I had to pee, or the wind was whipping around outside, and the smart lock on our front door wouldn't open and I had to re-pair my phone to it, I grew a little bit more resentful.

This dude is an idiot BUT the internet of things sucks balls and if the lock is seriously unpairing from his phone all the time then it makes sense.

get rid of the stupid smart lock, what'll they do when the internet goes down?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
That's just creepy as gently caress that he thought he could fool the OP into thinking it was still her cat if he got an identical replacement. And then he starts yelling at her about it? :wtc: that's some afternoon sitcom logic

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Zeeman posted:

AITA for refusing to change wedding day for sister?

I mean it sucks but your dad has already laid out the solution: none of the narcissistic assholes in your life will be there to ruin your awesome wedding

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Overwatch Porn posted:

Different story. The Europe thing came from a story about a couple staying with family and loving in a kid's room because it was the only place they could get privacy. Someone called Americans prudes for having an issue with it

there was also that story where a Something Awful poster came in claiming to be European and said that it was very normal for men in Europe to show off their girlfriends by jizzing on their faces and having them wander around the house showing their parents the jizz, since it would mean that the parents would be very proud of their sons.

e: ninja'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
she found a good side hustle, good for her

unfortunate that her bf is a weenie