Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

I want to thank everyone in this thread, and on reddit. The truely mind boggling wastes of oxygen on display every day truely do make me feel better about myself. It's just become more and more difficult to whine depressedly. God bless! :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

I don't want to be clingy, but i sent a text at 1230AM and its two hours later and she hasnt even read it!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

PetraCore posted:

Why couldn't he just get the chinese and then buy his gf a pizza.

He didn't want to be late(r than he already was).

it is too bad he did not have some sort of communication device so he could discuss the matter with his friends.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

whole foods: king of the bill

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

HIJK posted:

this is funny and your SO sucks :lol:

Pretty sure he picked up that she was being snippy about it.

i mean

quote:

I was annoyed, because even though he’s not feeling well, a tooth abscess doesn’t take away your ability to walk. I brought it to him anyway, and he made a big deal about lifting himself up to drink from the cup and take two ibuprofen. No “thank you.” Just put his head back down and closed his eyes.

Jesus Christ lady.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

given the assumption everyone exaggerates a little in their favor when posting, i'm guessing it was

quote:

"Hey, can you come over?"

"No, I'm going to go hang out with Jeff."

"I really want you to come over, can you please game later."

"Why?" /shitlord activate

"I really feel like poo poo, please just come over."

"Not until you tell me why."

"I need some company, my friend died and I feel alone :("

"Well, you should have said that in the first place, right? I'm not going to come over, so that next time you remember to say that to begin with>" //turns off phone

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

quote:

I've never seen a gated community where you as a guest of a resident would be told to not only stop eating a snack causing no mess, but also to tip it into a pond (which would).

I mean have you ever heard of a HOA? There's probably RULES about this. We had a MEETING about it, KAREN. We ALL agreed that there was to be NO eating at the pond.

it's clearly a case of toxic masculinity. the guy is thinking about how a real man would have stood up and told that security guard to gently caress off. is this implausible somehow?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

a thermo miter sounds like a useful combination of religious headress and cool beverage container

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Regardless of how he ended up in the situation, the woman was both kind of an rear end in a top hat and stupid for not exchanging seats. She's the one who doomed herself to sitting next to a half-unattended kid all flight.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Despite that the guy is a clueless moron who doesn't even know how to talk around the gender roles issues, there do seem to be genuine problems here. Unless I'm reading this wrong - he's written this poorly - a lot of weeknights she feeds the kids a pile of McDonalds crap plus fruit, and then later (presumably just before he gets home) makes dinner just for herself. With the lack of interest in sex to boot, she seems checked out of the marriage. The guy is probably not wrong that he is a paycheck machine atm.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

It's pretty silly for a couple to make two meals instead of one meal they compromise on - both from a practical stand point and an emotional one.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

i'm trying to say Pnurtis. I feel like a honking swan. Lust is on my mind.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Not asking the daughter is the real killer. If the day is about her than she should get the final say, for real. 15 is old enough to make decisions, and if you're worried about her getting pressured then make the ask yourself.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

I gotta admit, it feels a little insane to go from PLAN A: Take cute girl I know to Japan for the Olympics to PLAN B: Run a foster home

I'm wondering what 2009 Honda that guy is driving that gets 10 MPG

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Baronjutter posted:

I'd gladly listen to some stolen valour dude telling me about his Area 51 Halo jumps from stolen Iranian UFO's that his uncle at nintendo was reverse engineering for the next smash game of which he'll be getting an advanced copy of than real war stories because no one really gets hurt in the former while the later generally involve murder and imperialism and celebrating that is creepy as hell.

I dunno, the military is an excellent source of incredible fuckup stories, no imperialism necessary

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

I'm sure the post zoomer generation will be all over those classic Jughead comics.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Tesseraction posted:

In the replies he says his plan was to take half (his mother's half) and then split the fathers half into thirds, one each for him and the two half-siblings via a trust fund, basically saying he just doesn't want the woman who stole his father from him to get access to the money.

he says that now that he's been called on it. It is weird you wouldn't headline with that plan when you're literally posting to ask what others think.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Kinda creeped out that the papers are keeping their eye on /relationships/

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

LethalGeek posted:

.... We do too. Glass house dude.

Well yeah but we arn't making money off it

Uh, I hope.

haveblue posted:

They don't have to, really egregious stuff will go viral and get noticed everywhere

:doh:

Yeah good point duh.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

"Humans have similar temperature limits but they can vary substantially with age, skin condition, and contact method
compared to most animals. Below are several key temperatures:
 120°: burns after five to ten seconds in hot water for small children and the elderly.
 140°: burns after one minute contact or hot water immersion for average adult. (Adults with calloused skin can
tolerate longer but still achieve burns.)
 160°: rapid burns and blistering after contact with firm surface or water immersion. Nerve damage is possible. "

200f hmmm

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

I'm jarred by referring to a timeshare sales meeting as a timeshare, rather than the actual product of condo timeshare.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

There's nothing skeevy or morally suspect about it. She was not coerced in any way - it's consenting adults without any hint of impropriety. That she didn't realize he was a real person, apparently, is not his problem. Now she's regretting a decision *she* made and she's pondering trying to screw him over for it. rear end in a top hat.

(I mean, I may be reading tea leaves here, but her word choice of 'unprofessional' and 'disgusting' indicates to me she's thinking of trying to get him in trouble with the school.)

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 10, 2020

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

I feel like when you are asking if something is illegal its fair to start reading these things into it.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Hardwood Floor posted:

AITA for sneaking out of my baby's shower in a fit of rage?

https://twitter.com/AITA_reddit/status/1227350550620102657

Cool cult movie idea! :gonk:

Even from the start this raised red flags. It's not the baby's shower, its a baby shower. for you. not the baby.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

hawowanlawow posted:

for all intensive purposes, she was the platonic ideal of a lover

:commissar:

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Smirking_Serpent posted:

It just spiraled from there we left not long after we finished eating. Mom called in the afternoon and said sister hadnt stopped crying and going on about how mean i was. Mom said i probably was too mean but told the truth. AITA Did I go too far?

i feel like its weird to bail on your career to become a homemaker for you high earning man AND scorn your sister as a slut in the same sitting

maybe not the rear end in a top hat, but, uh... idk. weird vibe.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

welcome to hell posted:

AITA for changing my baby's diaper on the table at Chipotle?

At least in my state, operating restrooms are required by law in a restaurant with customer seating. I mean, noones going to bust balls over some mechanical difficulties or something, but surely the manager can make some compromise here other than calling the cops.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Also wizards used to just poo poo on the floor before finally adopting plumbing from Muggles.

headcanon: in actual dungeons and dragons, no adventurer can afford bags of holding because they're monopolized by rich incontinent wizards

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

trying to make a $1100 costco shopping budget

rotisserie chicken, every day of the month: $160
organic sausage, 2/day: $180
bottle of wine, every night: $350
5 oz of salmon, almost every night: $170

Help I cant do it

She literally has to be buying poo poo like "Japanese Wagyu Filet Mignon, 3lbs, $630" on the regular otherwise it doesnt work

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 21, 2020

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

I mean *someone* has to be buying the japanese filet mignon. It's possible.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

LethalGeek posted:

I am amazed one of you isn't claiming to be TooManyAnts. What a brilliant execution.

Separately from that Dean's unending patience is going to absolutely bite them in the rear end eventually. You know, more than it has via all this with the OP.

i'm a little worried that his go to defense was a single grand romantic gesture and not 'she's always there for me'

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

John Wick of Dogs posted:

That guy sounds kind of scummy. He's really disappointed but also still wants her to call him and work it out(so he can keep her as a fallback). Also he wants to know why she blocked him on Instagram, so he could presumably keep jerking it to her pictures.

i am pretty sure he is just too supportive for his own good

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Did hiking guy make no effort to join the conversation, or did they make no effort to include him? Blasting music on the trail is a huge faux pas - and lol at thinking people talking is equivalent - but it seems like the situation was hosed before that.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

NecroBob posted:

When did 'tiddy' become a thing? I thought it was 'titties' or just 'tits' for that single syllable "oomph".

E: I guess for context I should clarify: one of those mouse pads has "Tiddy Mouse Pad" as its description.

Cuz of 'Big Tiddy Goth Girl', probably.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

SirSamVimes posted:

Nah I'm gonna say that if someone refuses to pay you for the work you just did, you are not obliged to give them the fruits of your labour.

Counterpoint: Someone trying to file a lawsuit because a single negative Yelp review is a grotesquely inflated ego balloon.

There's probably a lot of ways to show that a knife is sharpened, like, I dunno, cutting something. Or you could keep the knives till they pay. Something other than throwing a tantrum because someone dared question you.

This is like someone at a restaurant saying "I asked for a medium rare steak, I'm not going to pay for a rare." and the chef storming out to your table and throwing your steak on the floor then threatening to sue you after you file a negative review.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Cheryl never said this, this is where he took it right away

what i'm seeing in this thread is how many goons would also be this dramatic.

He's not being dramatic though. He didn't blow up at Cheryl, he diplomatically asked his wife to talk to her about it and found the answer unacceptable then sent a direct message stating his position. The argument and "You don't recover from being a dangerous man" are both in the context of his wife thinking he's overreacting, apparently she thinks Cheryl just needs to get to know him better or something. He disagrees and has decided to write Cheryl off, which, you wouldn't think you'd see this thread calling out someone for :sever:. His wife thinks he's being the rear end in a top hat and he's AITA; it's not even Cheryl calling him an rear end in a top hat.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I kinda respect him for it, shared his magic but it wasn't forever.

Easy to say when its not you losing out on your favorite pizzapie!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Noone mistakes beans for BBQ sauce, no matter how useless they are in the kitchen. He's just pleading stupidity to skate.

....welll..... I guess his parents could serve literally everything with a cup of sugar?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (25F) boyfriend (25M) has a strange obsession/addiction and it's ruining the relationship.

pretty much therapy needed right here, kinda sounds like his addiction issues go beyond physiological dependence.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

It is dishonest and the teacher is the rear end in a top hat. If they look at the quizlet and its answers differ from what students thought was correct, is it really that surprising that students would use the quizlet answers instead?

I'm not sure what other material the teacher thought the kids were cheating with, that they felt the need to gently caress with their students.

This is some straight up "You fool, you made the ultimate mistake: you trusted me" material right here.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for ruining my sister's wedding by being "actively bisexual"?

For some reason, I thought the OP was [M], and was actively confused why everyone was so angry the OP was ruining the wedding by not being gay enough.