Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Edit: poo poo wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

AITA for allowing my wife to be publicly humiliated?

quote:

I love my wife. she is the best thing that ever happened to me. She is also not a super nice person, and can be something of a bully. Her son got married recently and she hates the bride, no actual reason, just hates her. She kept joking about wearing white to the wedding, and the poor bride who doesn't know her very well, though she was just joking.

She wasn't. She wore a floor length white lace gown to the wedding, just to be a bitch. I told my wife that this was a terrible idea, and that she was making herself look crazy, but she would not be reasoned with. When the bride saw her she teared up a little (this is after a lot of bad blood between them)

During the reception, my stepson bribed his wife's nephews. One distracted my wife. She loves kids so got up to play with him, and the other one put the chocolate frosting off of a cupcake on her seat. Honestly I didn't say anything, because I told her ahead of time that she was going to deserve whatever she got. She didn't notice for hours until my stepson said something before he left.

Somehow she isn't mad at him, isn't mad at the kids, but is furious with me and says that I should have told her, and I am supposed to be on her side. I thought this drama was over, but my stepson posted a picture of his wife on social media this morning, and the poo poo looking stain is pretty clear in the background, so my wife is mad at me again.
"My wife is a sociopath who I enable, what do?"

OP on why he married her:

quote:

She is the smartest person I ever met. I'm kind of an rear end in a top hat, she's the first woman I could banter with. She is gorgeous and so loving and sweet (unless you are her DIL, or have "wronged" her) Honestly we were both past having kids when I met her. She probably isn't the person I would have chose to have kids with, but she makes life fun
Plus a lot of comments along the lines of "yes she's a blighted void of spite and cruelty that makes everything worse BUT SHE MAKES ME HAPPY."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

AITA for having loud bowels?

quote:

"Literal shitpost" jokes aside, my sister has recently started getting agitated when I use the bathroom. I asked why and she said that "all of my friends can hear you", referring to her phone calls.

I poop loudly, and especially lately have been struggling with getting things flowing correctly, but I shut the door and try to keep noise minimal (not as much as a public bathroom, but...well...I'm not in public. On the flipside she slams her door shut (she leaves it open all the time) when I go to the toilet and huffs a lot.

This, I feel, has been a little extra and I caught myself today, trying all I could to be as quiet as possible whilst trying to contain the volume, and realised this probably wasnt great for my stomach, and figured I should work out if I were just being an rear end in a top hat?

NB: I don't particularly know of a good way of keeping the volume down any more than I am, though I haven't researched into this, it might be an option if it comes out I am the rear end in a top hat here.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Serephina posted:

My (30F) long time employer and friend has fired me and cut me out of her life for not dumping my boyfriend
Objectivism and BDSM, a wise and well thought-out combination.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

teen witch posted:

Bf(20M) makes fun of me for washing my face and putting on sunscreen(18F)

quote:

Does he use shampoo? Tell him he is vain and should rub bar soap on his head. This might help him understand different products have different jobs. But regardless, you should be able to do whatever you want with your body. He sounds really controlling and pretty stupid.

quote:

Actually he doesn’t he uses bar soap for whole body and lotion for whole body and lips. It’s $2-3 and he brags that he is a saving money and tells me I’m wasting money for buying cleanser and sunscreen that costs $10 each. He tells me he hates girls that spend lots of money because they are gold diggers

*bass fishing tournament commentator voice* yep that's a keeper right there

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cowslips Warren posted:

Hey here is a post from one of those possible kids from the future!

Aita for not giving my mom the money I saved up that she really really needs to save her and her baby’s lives?

This one is like the greatest hits of its genre.

- absurd amount of kids
- mom has another on the way
- boyfriends, plural
- "but YOUR FAMILY"
- "since she was fourteen"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

pentyne posted:

Honestly the OP sounds like a loving lunatic herself.
I'm getting "person you married has the same basic personality as your parent" vibes.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gats Akimbo posted:

For three loving months?!?

Let ye who has not partied hard straight through an entire fiscal quarter throw the first stone.

AITA for reporting my mom for identity faud

quote:

I(24M) and my gf put in an application to rent a condo and found out my mom borrowed $43K with my social insurance. I talk with a lawyer and he tells me I can either report my mom for identity fraud or pay it off(or declare bankruptcy). I confront my mom and she begs me not to do it and just pay off the debt. I don’t have anywhere near that money and decide to do what the lawyer recommended. The lawyer told me filling out the police report is not the same as pressing charges but I’m still scared what might happen to her.

We use to be very poor and she used my social insurance to pay the bills and provide for me and my brother. This feels like I’m betraying her and her and my brother refuse to speak to me. My relatives all stopped talking to me. Am I the as*hole here?

Edit: people are asking me if my mom or family could pay it. I don’t think so my mom is on social assistance and my family isn’t much better off. My grandma has a house but I’m not asking her to sell it.

Also my lawyer said a police report is just to get the ball rolling on clearing up the debts and recovering my credit. It doesn’t include her name (lawyer said providing suspect is not necessary) but I’m sure if they tried they would figure out it’s her. My mom might face charges but it’s unlikely she would get jail time.

Edit: people are asking why she didn’t put the loans under her name. She’s got terrible credit and has declared bankruptcy before (but I’m not sure when).

I don’t know if my brother has checked his credit. He blocked me on WhatsApp, fb and his phone.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Turn the lights on in your bathrooms for gently caress's sake.

AITA - For walking out the surprise birthday party my family threw for me?

quote:

I, 26F have been married to my wheelchair bound husband Adam. For 2 years. His disability was a result of a major car accident shortly after we got back from our honeymoon. His injuries were too severe and no one thought he was going to get better. my life certainly changed because now I have tons of responsibilities but I'm happy and blessed to still have him in my life.

Before the accident my family used to invite Adam to events and dinners and visit all the time but not anymore. They don't see him much but help out with our financial struggles. I been told that being caregiver is huge and unfair since I'm young. My mom tried to set me up with a guy named James (her friend's son) by inviting me to lunch with him or giving him my number/SM accounts. I told her it won't work I love Adam and will care for him for the rest of my life if I had to. I put space between me family and said unless they stop bringing James who was disrespectful towards Adam around me, I won't visit them. Mom apologized and I haven't seen James in months which was a relief.

My birthday was days ago and I had to work that day but planned to celebrate with Adam in the evening. At 3pm I got a phonecall from mom asking me to stop by once I get off work. I arrived at mom's house to find my entire family there setting up a surprise birthday party. I was thrilled, I didn't think they'd even pay for a party after already helping me with money. I asked if I could go bring Adam so we could celebrate together but they stalled saying my brother will bring him but the door rang and there was James. I was confused I asked what he was doing there. Mom said I should relax she invited him and his mom. I remained calm and took the gift James brought after so much hasiation. I opened it and there was some jewelry piece. He made a snide comment asking if Adam was ever able to afford such piece of jewelry. I closed the box and gave it back. They insisted I take it but grabbed my bag and said I was leaving.

Mom said I should stay because the family, sisters, brother, aunt, nephew came together to do this for me. I told her it was rude of her to catch me off guard and invite James to the party. She and dad followed after I walked out asking me to return but I kept walking. Mom and aunt left messages saying It was disrespectful to walk out like that after the efforts they made to celebrate my birthday. They said I had plenty of time to celebrate with my husband and I shouldn't have made a scene and embarrassed them ifront of their friends. They said I screwed up and overreacted by being hostile towards those who were trying to be nice and take my mind off the stress.

AITA.

*I haven't told Adam about it so he wouldn't be burdened with family issues. He's still emotionally recovering and I'm being careful about the stuff that would upset him. I found him asleep when I got home, he usually sleeps as early as 5pm. We didn't have a celebration but talked in the morning.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for spending 25k on ice skating every year?

Is this that Yuri on Ice anime that people were talking about two years ago.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

AITA for buying my daughter frozen dinners?

quote:

I, 47m, took my daughter (14f) to urgent care for a double ear infection yesterday. They took her weight, and she was about 15-20 lbs overweight for her height and age. I was shocked by this, and asked her if she exercises at my ex-wife’s house. She says that since the takes violin lessons four times per week and tutors the other two days, she gets home at 5:30-6:00 every night, has dinner, then takes a shower and does homework so exercising is difficult to achieve. She says she walks the dog for 45 minutes every morning and evening. I told her that we are going to take a walk every night while she’s at my house, and that her current weight needs to come down. I told her I didn’t want to make her feel awkward about it, and she could talk to me. She nodded and just turned away. Today, I went to the store and bought weight watchers frozen stir fry bowls and told her if she was going to eat dinner tonight, she could have one of those. She looked at them and asked me, “is 180 calories enough for dinner?” I replied yes and said if she was still hungry she could have yogurt. She then went to her room and hasn’t spoken to me since. My ex-wife texted me and said my daughter called her crying and she called me harsh and an rear end for what I did. AITA for trying to get her to be healthy?

Edit: I proposed that she do a sport and she says she doesn’t have time because of orchestra. I told her maybe orchestra was something she could come back to after doing a sport and she didn’t say anything, only stared at me then went on her phone and started typing something seemingly very angrily. I do not know what to do

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cythereal posted:

My (M25) girlfriends (F23, F19) are both pregnant and now my family wants to disown me.

General Bullshit > r/relationships: I've always had 'unconventional' views on relationships

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Quackles posted:

AITA for not telling our daughter she was adopted, resulting in her being childfree?

This girl and the person who hated adoption so much she torpedoed her relationship with both her adopted and biological family should meet.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for being upset about being woken up early on my day off?

quote:

My wife (34f) and I (46m) .... Ana (16)

Hm.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

keep punching joe posted:

My (33F) husband's (35M) career in academic philosophy is ruining our marriage

Take solace in the fact that he's obsessed with tedious German philosophers and not tedious French philosophers?

AITA for telling my mom I won't be at her wedding?

quote:

18 months ago my dad died and 9ish months ago my mom and my uncle (dad's brother) started dating each other. I (17f) will be 18 when they get married and I decided pretty much from the start of their relationship that I wouldn't play a part in it. My older sisters both refuse to speak to our mom or uncle anymore and they won't be going to the wedding either. But since I'm still technically a minor now my mom thinks she can still make me go. She either doesn't remember that I will have already turned 18 when the wedding happens or she doesn't care. Either way she keeps trying to engage with me on the wedding, has cried over mine and my sisters lack of involvement and how she hates being punished for being happy, how dad would want this for her. My oldest sister told her dad would be disgusted that his own brother and wife were "shacking up". Our dad did find that kind of relationship weird and we knew that or a long time (he was a vocal commenter when watching a movie or tv series). I think it's both knowing my dad would hate it, knowing my mom has admitted to feelings being present for my uncle when she was married to my dad and the fact it has happened so fast that just makes it feel so disrespectful. I suspect my uncle had feelings for my mom long before this too but he would never confirm that poo poo.

So anyway, mom was bringing it up and three nights ago I was like gently caress it, she gets to hear again that I won't be there and I would never be there. It turned into a fight and she told me she deserves better. My grandparents got involved because my mom told them about it and they said I am a disrespectful little ungrateful brat. That mom deserves happiness and no matter how long it took my dad is dead and his memory is not more important than the wants/needs/feelings of the living.

AITA?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Piell posted:

AITA for not telling a date I work for private military corporations?

drat, Master Miller's fallen on hard times since MSF went under.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

New Coke posted:

I pushed my husband into being a SAHD and its ruined our relationship
He's not coming back from that fishing trip, is he.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Piell posted:

Aita for trying to fix my sister in law 's life?

quote:

(I'm an engineer by the way)

No, really?

General Bullshit > r/relationships: (I'm an engineer by the way)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

LanceHunter posted:

Also, where is all this absinthe coming from? Did op bring a flask to the interview?

Smuggling my absinthe decanter shaped like Elvis to my job interview to calm my nerves six times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DemoneeHo posted:

I’m Worried My Son’s Summer Squirt Gun Squad Is Turning Into a Gang

Pictured, the son and his friends: