Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not shaving my head alongside my coworkers in support of a coworker with cancer?
Just make something up. "I don't like talking about it, but my sister lost her hair to chemotherapy for cancer when I was a teenager. I was going to shave mine off in support but she stopped me and said 'Seeing your hair helps me keep going through the pain and embarrassment.' So no, I won't be cutting my hair, my sister means too much to me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
As long as someone leaves the place clean, I don't care what they do in the bathroom. I also don't want to hear about it, so... they both kinda suck in that story, but the woman who thinks it's ok to bring her parents into a discussion on her boyfriend's masturbation habits sucks more.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yes.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

duck trucker posted:

Don't crank it at work.
Why not?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Cake sitting sounds like an excellent idea. Why ruin cake OR sex when you could ruin both at the same time? With possible bonus points for wasting food in a world where people are starving. Yay!

The stevia-sweetened cake would be acceptable, though. Stevia tastes so bad it can't be considered a food.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lucrece posted:

AITA for buying Gundam? M19

Obviously fake. Everyone knows Transformers are the greatest toys.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

kissing grandmas posted:

My (29M) wife (37F) is nearly 400 pounds.
TL;DR: Please help me to form a new plan of addressing my wife's substantial weight and bad eating habits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrEwCa8nSA

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Sure, you can probably find someone who'll do it for $100, but maybe the customer wants this specific person?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine the disappointment if you're really into asparagus pee and finally make a deal to pay that special someone to pee on you, only to find they don't produce the asparagus smell in their pee. Would you be entitled to your money back?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Vonnegut Asterisk posted:

AITA for trying to wrestle girls on tinder?

Reddit consensus was NTA - just kinda weird.
Unless there's something he's not telling us, I'd agree with that consensus. Given the reaction from his entire family, I'd say there's something he's missing out of the story.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rosalind posted:

Maybe he's doing it in that harassing way that foot pic guys do it where they send unsolicited creepy messages to every single woman begging for foot pics. No idea why it's always foot pic guys, but that's been my experience.

Foot fetishists seem to think people won't realise their obsession with feet is sexual, so they'll do all sorts of weird poo poo and then wonder why people hate them. I think it was this thread where I saw a post from some guy asking if it would be weird to offer a friend $200 to massage her feet. Because that's something friends do, right?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

adhuin posted:

Everyone in a household is responsible for the children. Don't like it? Get your own household.
If it was a big bro living in his mancave, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The youngest child (the single mom with restraining order against the father) is literally paying 50% of the rent / bills / food, while grandma is paying the other half.
She's literally paying childfree elder sisters upkeep.

Oh do gently caress off.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My fiancé (28M) and I (26F) tried the 36 questions to fall in love and it led to arguments and feeling distant.
I feel this one got skipped over. This really leapt out at me:

quote:

The question is who would you invite for dinner, he said this guy who’s name he couldn’t remember that could never be killed during WWI and eventually drowned in a river (sorry I tried to googling it and I couldn’t find the name),[ed: people are saying Rasputin] I said John Mulaney.
I think there's a pretty big mismatch between people who answer the "you can meet anyone alive or dead" question with "famous but mysterious historical figure" and "stand up comic I could meet now if I really wanted to."

Please tell me there's a historically-significant John Mulaney I'm not thinking of.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Olanphonia posted:

How long is it going to take for this guy to realize he's not in a relationship anymore? The wedding?

"My girlfriend has just had a third child with the man she married, only this time they haven't asked me to be the godfather. Is our relationship in trouble?"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

hawowanlawow posted:

six is too old to be knocking over cupcake towers and punching them

Anyone who "ruins" a gender reveal party is a hero. Buy that kid a new whatever the kids are into.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hide your MIL's car keys once you're at the restaurant so he's forced to either use the restaurant toilet or violently poo poo his pants.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ghost emoji posted:

AITA for getting mad that my wife hid carrots in dinner (self.AmItheAsshole)
submitted 9 minutes ago by donthidethecarrots

What point does she even think she made? "Ah ha, you don't REALLY hate carrots because you were fine eating a dish that contained carrots you couldn't taste or see!" This makes less sense than the "I didn't think the allergy was real" people.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

La Brea Carpet posted:

My (26f) boyfriend (27f) of 2 years is an awful cook, and really rude in the kitchen.

Cut his testicles off, cook them as he would, make him eat them.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MagusofStars posted:

The solution here is to tell your family to go to hell and follow my house my rules. Leaving candles unattended is dangerous, you don’t have the right to turn off someone else’s fire alarms if it’s not your house, and smoking indoors in someone else’s house is rude as poo poo.

Husband’s phobia may be a little over the top, but your family is loving awful.
Is it though? I'm not seeing anything in the post that seems unreasonable.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
"I'd like to be able to get out if the building is on fire" seems reasonable to me. :shrug:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

HIJK posted:

I think that the story might have been improved if the Curb Your Enthusiasm riff had started playing once the cheater left, if I had a reddit account I'd go over and critique it myself but since I don't, this is the next best thing. Now if everyone wants a good grade this semester then you'll have your own critiques on this turned in to my desk by Friday

This post is fake.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

HIJK posted:

I wish, do you know how much it sucks to be a teacher?
Yes. It's why I, along with all sane people, aren't a teacher. Maybe if you spent less time screaming "FAKE!" on the internet, you wouldn't feel the need to take a job bossing children around.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Licarn posted:

I [20M] do not understand why every girl I try to speak to ignores me

I hate these stories where someone writes from the perspective of a ghost who doesn't know they're dead.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Wait until they start acting up, stand up and loudly say "Sorry, I think there's been a mistake. I came here for a job interview, not to take part in your sexual roleplay."

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Fitzy Fitz posted:

What is happiness? Happiness is a hot dinner, is the family together, is the smile of the children.

And the son's bully making GBS threads himself in fear.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

artsy fartsy posted:

Lol I'd almost forgotten that, when I was around 20 and trying out some very short hairstyles for the first time, Dad told me that angels won't protect a woman with short hair.

Can you ask him where it says that in the Bible?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kitchner posted:

I have a gut feeling if they had asked the daughter she would have said yes.

I'll be honest, if I was 16 and I was having an amazing party at a place and my uncle was like "can I have your venue and you use this less awesome one" I'd probably ask him if he would buy me a car for my birthday. You want the place that badly uncle? Cough up, it's just the free market in action baby.

The fact she didn't even ask the daughter makes it clear that this is all about the mother, not the daughter. I'd be curious to know if the daughter thinks sweet 16 is such a big deal.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Beachcomber posted:

The OP is either a lesbian/bi or this is a party Daddy is throwing for his little girl as it mentions 'my wife'.

For the latter the rabbit hole might have no bottom.

I really shouldn't post when I've just woken up (or at all), I missed the "my wife." That this might have been written by a man makes it even more disturbing that they're so hung up on throwing a "it's legal to gently caress my daughter" party.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

QuarkJets posted:

That's not what a sweet 16 is you enormous creep

Given your red text, I'm not sure I should take your word for that.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I realise I may not want to know, but wtf does "ISFJ" mean?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I presume next she'll wear an "Only Pussies Carry Guns" shirt to an NRA meeting.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for “cheating” my family out of hundreds of dollars?

It ended up being nearly $1100. My parents tell me that I should offer to return it because I didn’t earn it fairly. I argue that I had all the same information as everybody else.

AITA for keeping the money?
NTA, and your parents are loving idiots. How the gently caress do they argue that you didn't earn it fairly?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I really want to be gay but I love my cowboy boots. Is there a place for me?

You can be straight and wear cowboy boots?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Is the spanking also a normal part of sports? They really need to televise that part more.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Kinda want to start a poll as to spanking in sports around the world, 'cos it's not a thing in the UK. And we loving LOVE spanking over here.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
WHERE did the parents find the dildo? If they were rooting around in her bedroom, yeah, they can gently caress off. If the sister was using it as a table decoration at dinner, maybe a conversation about appropriateness needs to be had.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Clitch posted:

This is 99.999~% the mom snooping through her drawers.

Oh, totally agree. Just think OP needs to make totally sure before telling her parents to stop being creepy weirdos.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

luxury handset posted:

i really need to know this unique, never before discovered sandwich recipe. breaking new grounds in sandwich technology

It's a hotdog in a hotdog roll.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

I got mine at 11, and monthly thereafter which is typically the norm, barring any complications or low weight.

Sometimes it syncs where you can predict it, sometimes it’s whenever and sometimes you can spot, aka, not a full period but enough to be a loving hassle. But that entirely depends on her flow, like I’ll change pads or tampons twice a day minimum for three days. Never had a one day period, I WISH.

Coupled with the stress of being a teenage girl, if her grades are fine, let her go home. Though god forbid they don’t have clear backpacks.

Also do goons not know about menstruation?? Is this where I open the “we get periods A/T” thread?

It's gross enough that women pee out of their butt, I don't want to hear anything about you bleeding everywhere because you refuse to hold it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

If I could hold it in, I’d spurt it out like a loving fire hydrant at cat callers

2019: gurglespurts
2020: :dehumanize: bloodspurts :dehumanize:

I think you knew how this would end when you posted that.