Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Definitely keep berating him for not being able to cum, I'm sure that'll work eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

GORDON posted:

If only she'd known what kind of food he liked before she married him.

I'm relieved we've found a way to blame the woman in spite of everything

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Propaniac posted:

My bf ruined really expensive items of mine with sperm and I want him to buy me replacements

reddit says "this is why trump won"

quote:

You live with your parents which means you’re either very young or can’t afford to be on your own. If it’s the later, than wtf are you doing buying over priced poo poo instead of getting yourself together. Further, you had items of yours shipped to your bf’s and he jizzed on them out of jealous anger?!? He sounds like trash. But you can’t shut down another dude w/o some long drawn out bull poo poo?! You both sound like you’re about 14. This is how the US ended up with an orange poo poo gibbon for a pres and a gop too cowardly to do its job.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

HMS Beagle posted:

AITA for inviting my future father in law over without telling my fiancée or her mother? He’s suffered enough.

reddit is tearing this guy apart. every single one of his replies has hundreds of downvotes lmao

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

what's a booty shirt

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

switching houses every single day sounds fuckin weird. would definitely have upset me as a kid to have to deal with that

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

oh my god lady your sister is doing a beautiful favor for you by being a surrogate and you should be groveling at her feet forever in gratitude not picking petty fights in a target

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

*smokes a joint* I'm a psychonaut now

I (32/f) feel like my husband's (32/m) spiritual journey might be driving a wedge between us

quote:

My husband and I have been together for 7 years, which have been wonderful. Obviously there have been ups and downs, but in general I've always felt we've been getting closer and closer.

We've been using pot for a couple of years now (please no judgement). Usually it was just to wind down, casually, you know. A few months ago, while we were high, my husband kinda had a spiritual awakening. Ever since, he's been very into it, trying to understand it better and so on. He says he feels really good, and happy, etc.

He has had a couple more experiences where he goes into this kind of trance (in some circles they call it "ego death"). He says it's like feeling oneness with the universe, a feeling of transcendence, and like this physical life is just an illusion. It's been difficult for me to understand all of this. And I feel I can't connect with him on this level, which appears to be increasingly important to him. He's been reading about it, watching videos, and seems to go deeper and deeper into the subject.

I get really scared when he goes into this sort of trance. And I am a bit more skeptical and worry it might be something related to his mental health (like psychosis or something). These episodes last between 1-3 hours, usually, and he talks a lot of nonsense, and at times, it really feels like he's going crazy. He says he sees beings, hears voices, loses his sense of self, etc. When he's in this state, I try to reason with him, but often it feels like he's not listening. I never know how to act during these episodes, I get really scared and anxious, and it's exhausting. When they pass, he goes back to normal, but he becomes really reflective for a couple of days.

Sometimes we'll be just hanging out and suddenly the conversation shifts to these deeper, more mystical subjects, and I don't know what to say, I don't know how to support him, and I don't even think I can ever understand it, because I don't think I can experience this "awakening".

I've always been rational and logical (maybe too much), and very much rooted to this existence. Also, I'm the sole breadwinner and I have to deal with most of day to day stressors like paying bills and so on, so it's difficult for me to get on the "this is all an illusion, none of this really matters" mindset. I'm worried that since my husband is unemployed and has been going on about his spiritual journey that he won't be willing to work, eventually.

I just find it difficult to relate, and I don't know if I can cope with these episodes and spiritual concerns if this grows. But I also feel bad that I can't be there for him fully, because I can see how important this is for him. But I feel like he's changing, and I can't help but want things to be the way they were before (to which he has told me they'll never be that way again).

He says he hopes I can eventually experience this, because it's life changing, and a really beautiful experience. But I don't know, I don't feel like I need it, I feel fine the way things are now.

Of all the things that could drive us away, I never considered that spirituality could be a threat. I've just never been a very spiritual person, and before this happened, sure he was into some more mystical stuff, but it was never such a huge concern for him. I now feel a bit more distant from him, and this scares me.

I guess I don't really have a specific question, other than, have any of you gone through something like this? Can this really be a threat to our marriage? I can try and support him, but like I said, if I remain true to myself, I don't think I'll ever be on the same page as him spiritually. At times I also feel like maybe all he's experiencing/feeling might be a result of mental illness, but then I can't help but wonder, what if he's right and I'm wrong?

This all just feels really scary in a way I can't really put into words.

tl;dr: My husband has recently been going through a sort of spiritual awakening. I feel like I can't really relate, and never will, as I've never been very spiritual. I'm scared this might drive us apart, and that feeling is very painful.

kittens

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

DemoneeHo posted:

My husband (M18) is trying to convince me (F19) that I am going to cheat on him with his brother (M19)

lmao

the zoomer edition of telltale heart is fuckin weird

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Engaged, but our new cat is ruining our relationship. What do we do?

quote:

Hi! My[26F] fiancé and I have been engaged for ~8 months and recently adopted a kitten (9 months old) named Phil. Phil the cat has been adjusting to my house and living with me, and my fiancé will come over to visit. Since we have only had the cat for a few days I have been giving the cat a lot of attention (cleaning the house to make it cat friendly, sweet talking the cat, monitoring it so it doesn’t scratch furniture,etc.). My fiancé has been mad and moody because he feels like I am “babying” the cat but in my opinion Phil is still in a kitten phase and adjusting so naturally he just needs a bit more attention. Also, this is my first time owning a cat so I too have been googling a bunch and trying to make sure I’m giving him the right care. My fiancé thinks cats should be independent and that my attention to him could be an indicator that I’ll neglect our relationship long term when we have kids since we just got a cat and it already has begun dominating some of our conversations. I’ve tried to give my fiancé extra attention by going out of my way to cuddle with him or show him affection but I feel like I’m getting the cold shoulder. He told me it does annoy him that I baby talk the cat. I know this is a silly issue, but ultimately we both are sharing fears that when bigger life changes than a cat happen how will we adjust? I’ve felt very unloved by my fiancé the past few days and overall have just felt alone even when he is here. We do typically have a strong relationship but I don’t know how to get past this rut. In a way it makes me feel like he doesn’t appreciate my tenderness/caretaking which I feel like will come in handy when we do have kids. I value our relationship but also feel like he should be making more effort to seek time with me and start non-cat related conversations if that is something he desires (especially since my attempts to do so seem shut down). Anyone else dealt with a similar situation?

Sure, blame it on the cat

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

AITA for yelling at my bf over Alligator Buttcheeks?

quote:

I have a very hard time sleeping, I haven’t been diagnosed with insomnia but I will it call it for that characters sake for the post. Normally I take two extra strength Tylenol PM before bed which sometimes helps. I rarely fall asleep before 3am and usually have to wake up at 7am for my job. I’m also a very light sleeper. My boyfriend knows all about my insomnia and has experienced it first hand numerous times, he usually knows not to call or FaceTime after 10pm (texts are completely okay).

Last night was a rare occasion where I actually fell asleep around 11pm. My phone started ringing repeatedly at 1:30am, so by the third call I thought it was urgent and picked up.

It’s my boyfriend excitedly telling me he saw an Instagram post and said “you NEED to see these alligators buttcheeks he was born without a tail and has a fat rear end!”

I paused for a moment out of sheer disbelief that he would wake me up just over an alligators rear end.

After a few brief moments I started yelling “I thought this was an emergency why the gently caress couldn’t you just send me the post of the buttcheeks to have me look at it in the morning.” I went off on a small rant about how inconsiderate he was being and how he knows how hard it is for me to fall asleep. He got really upset after this, which instantly made me feel bad and I tried to apologize for being so rude knowing I should have worded my frustration better, but he quickly excused himself and hung up.

I did feel extremely bad, but because of him I wasn’t able to fall asleep until around 4-5am.

AITA?

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Late Fees posted:

AITA for yelling at my bf over Alligator Buttcheeks?

:nws:

*bonk*

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

I think it's reasonable for the guy to ask her to at least go in on repairing it, but on the other hand he sounds like a tool in his post so I don't want him to be right

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

AITA for telling my family that my brother earns less than his wife?

quote:

My brother (M 32), who we’ll call Luke is a good guy, but he’s very lazy. He’s always wanted money but never wanted to work for it. His wife; (F 30) who we’ll call Jane, is awesome. Me and my wife are so happy he’s with her because she’s just very kind and funny, and has become a good friend to us as well as family member, particularly with my wife.

She has a high paying job. She live in a nice house, buy nice things, have a nice car etc. My brother has a pretty normal job, he’s not very ambitious and now that he’s with her, he’s content with that (which is totally fine by the way). Jane has told my wife a couple times that she doesn’t mind paying for everything, but that he doesn’t like to talk about it in public, and get defensive if she mentions anything that she bought when friends or family are present, I have noticed this too.

Well, my parents got vaccinated so we all went there for dinner. It was a great time. At one point, my dad is taking about finances and saving, etc. And my brother mentions the house “he bought” and the car “he bought”, me and my wife are rolling our eyes, Jane looks a little disgruntled. And then, at one point he says “yes we have a simple relationship with money, I make it, she spends it!” Like a joke, but joking about the wrong thing if that makes sense, because he’s alluding to the fact that this is true. So I say “Luke, that’s a bit unfair. Jane is the bread winner in your household, and she bought the house and car didn’t she?” He laughs and says “no!” So I don’t bother after that.

He called me later and blasted me saying it was none of my businesses and so what if she bought those things. I said he should be a little more appreciative and respectful. We haven’t spoken since, and my mum and dad are annoyed that I said it because it made dinner awkward.

Edit: Jane appreciated it

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Side chick to someone uglier than me

quote:

I found out I was a side chick to this girl for two years without my knowledge. I was there first. What bothers me isn’t that he was cheating or used me to cheat, but rather that I was a side piece to someone I consider less attractive than me. I actually find her conventionally unattractive. I’m even mad that I gave the guy casual sex if that’s the girls he dates.

He dumped the gf and wants to be with me, but this changed my view of him. It just bothers me. It made me view him different and took him off the pedestal I put him on in my head. It’s like he’s desperate. Obviously we both felt he could do better than the gf since he was cheating the whole time, but in a way I feel he must of loved her since he looked past her appearance.

Why do I feel this way?

My(26m) fiancee(25) lost her poo poo at me when I offhand mentioned that if she got pregnant I would want a pregnancy test.

quote:

So it recently came out that my fiancée’s now ex best friend cheated on her husband 2 years ago and had a baby from the affair. She didn’t know for sure if the baby was her husband or her boyfriend’s and never said anything to anyone.

Apparently the babies real dad confronted her husband and told him he wanted to be in his daughters life, this leads to a DNA test which showed that her husband was not the father. My fiancée unfriended her when she found out and I’ve been hearing listening to her vent about it.

2 nights ago she was talking to me about it and I said something along the lines of “This is why I’d ask for a paternity test from someone that said I got her pregnant.” She then stopped in her tracks. She asked if I’ll want a paternity test when she gets pregnant. I said yeah. She then asked if I think she’d cheat on me. I said no but I’d still want a paternity test. She then went off saying I didn’t trust her and accused me of thinking she’s a wh*re.

I tried to defend myself but she refused to hear my side. She’s been pissed at me for the last 2 days and refuses to listen to reason. What can I do to get her to understand where I’m coming from?

AITA for telling my husband that we can't get his dream car?

quote:

My husband and I are both fans of the show Supernatural (at least the first handful of seasons for me). In the show the main characters drive a 1967 Impala, which my husband has always said that he really wants to have one someday and that it's his dream car. I agree that it's a cool car but I've never felt a particular need to have one myself.

We're currently driving an '03 Camry and it's about time for it to be replaced. My husband sees this as the opportunity to spring for the Impala, I am telling him there is no way.

1. I have been roughing it for years in this car and now that we can finally upgrade he wants to get something much older than what we already have.

2. Because it's famous from the show, these cars are extremely expensive. He said we can save money by getting a slightly different version (i.e. the 2-door model when the one on the show is a 4-door) to which I say well what is the point of dealing with all of the downsides of the car and not even getting the upside of it being the car?

3. It is very important to me to have a car with modern safety features.

He says the solution here is to get the Impala as "his" car and then we can spend ~3k on "my" car. In total that's already way more than I wanted to spend on a new car, and I don't think it's fair at all that I would get saddled with another beater just so he can get what I feel is essentially a toy for himself. In my view it's a waste of money to get two cars when we only need one and we only make 55k a year combined. I know he desperately wants this car but I just cannot bring myself to agree to any of these compromises. AITA?

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I think about that guy sometimes. Here's the post in this thread for reference.

So for your and my amusement, I decided to have a look.

You might be surprised to find that someone who said this:

Plays the piano, to the extent that he teaches piano.

But anyway, enough about that. The only information I have for you (which is probably) related to the original story (and if you haven't seen it, please click above and read it because it's truly great) is that he recently posted the following on reddit asking for advice.

Both posts, sadly, are deleted, but I assume there's somewhere where these things get cached / archived.

lol this guy is really dedicated to doing some weird bit about being a militant astrologer "INTP"

quote:

I'm an INTP, and INTP's are logicians. I don't 'forget'; I just don't care.

quote:

I'm the exact same way and am actually a logician, and the problem this person is that they wish to lower their IQ. They should be like me and simply accept their superiority over others.

quote:

I am not an idiot; I am a genius with an IQ above 160. I am not mistyped; I am a professional logician.

I suggest you educate yourself on MBTI before you challenge the someone with such intellectual capabilities.

quote:

I see I have encountered an antilogician. I do not wish to associate myself with people such as you; I am a genius, so I don't even need to read what you're saying.

Anyway one of the deleted posts was archived on reveddit

Alternatives to Bankruptcy?

quote:

After being manipulated by an evil woman and irrational composer, I was going to fire for bankruptcy to erase my debt, but I have since learned that this would not work. What are some alternatives to bankruptcy that would be better at erasing my debt?

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

*rubbing ointment on herpes sores* freedom ain't free

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

I got my dump truck from eating sugar cereal before bed every night. It's not as easy as it sounds and I'd appreciate some goddamn recognition

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

quote:

She laughed and said how hard can it be, you can do it

wow, great friend you got there

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

:piss:

e: snipe penance content

AITA for telling my kids that memes are going to ruin their lives?

quote:

Throwaway because I don't really use reddit, my husband told me I should post here because he's not sure I did the right thing. I (60F) recently had a harsh conversation with my two daughters (25F) and (19F) that I think might've gone too far. Both of my kids had to move back in with myself and their father due to the pandemic. My oldest lost her job acting in New York City and my youngest's medical program at her school shut down in person classes. Despite the age difference, they've always been incredibly close. During quarantine, they have adapted some weird habits and become quite obsessed with the tiktok app. This never bothered me, they were always laughing and getting along with each other even if my husband and I could never follow along.

But during these last few weeks, they just roam about the house yelling these strange references to each other, almost having full conversations made out of complete nonsense internet jargon. Some of them are harmless like singing that ratatouille musical and doing little dances in the mirror together but sometimes they yell "Hey chad, NICE COCK!" at each other from across the house. None of this makes sense and it's becoming more frequent and incessant. I asked one of them to snap green beans for dinner this week and they both immediately yelled "A BAKED BEAN" over each other for a minute. They wiggle their voices and go "mom, I threw up" randomly, they yell "I got b*tches off the Zan!", one of them will say "YOU CAN'T MAKE A WIFE OUT OF A TRUCK" and the other honks. One will score a point on a video game and the other will say "that was mad stonks". None of it makes sense! They do this kind of thing so frequently and in such perfect synchronism that they can talk like this for hours and make no sense but be totally content. There are so many more weird things they yell and I'm worried they are lessening their actual social skills and are becoming completely looney in quarantine.

So the other day it was happening so incessantly that I said to them "you guys know you can't be acting like this out in the real world" and they initially laughed it off but I told them that no one is going to take them seriously in classes or in a job interview and they had better not act like this in public. I don't want them to get laughed at or not be able to maintain relationships because they won't stop acting weird and making no sense all the time. So I told them to cut all this meme crap before it ruins their lives and job prospects. They're full adults for Pete's sake! I know it was hard for them to move back home but I feel like they've both regressed back to this weird childish state?? They were upset with me and went off to their bedrooms to lay in bed and watch videos again. They haven't come down to talk to me since. AITA?

Late Fees fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 18, 2021

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

My partner is offended that I asked them to shower before Sex

quote:

So this has been an issue for a while and I’ve tried to mention it in passing but a couple of days ago I sat my partner down and asked if we can could start showering (possibly together) before sex and explained that I was prone to infections and that being clean would help, he agreed and went back to playing his game and everything seemed fine.

But ever since he’s been very short with me when I mention being intimate and blew up yesterday about how I feel he’s dirty and needs to shower and shut me down when I said we should both do it and I don’t feel I’m like I’m dirty so why would I think he is, then left the room and refuses to speak to me about it.

I want other opinions, because from my point of view I said nothing wrong, but I know everyone is different and it obviously bothered him I just don’t have a reason.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

My (24F) best friend’s (27F) new guy (30M) has weird social media behavior.

quote:

So my best friend has been with this guy for two months now, and he’s super sweet and treats her really well. He was engaged to someone before but they broke it off in September. He met my friend in mid January and they’ve been dating ever since.

Just to give a back story on him:

He has done something weird in the past before; he hung out with a female friend of his and he ended drinking too much and started touching her boobs. He called my friend and immediately told her and was honest with her.

But this incident made us dig deeper into his social media, so we were looking into the girls that he follows and we notice that he follows a considerable amount of his former students. He’s a teacher and he switched school districts, he follows girls who are aged 17-19 from his old school district. We noticed that he would like photos of these young girls and some of the photos were inappropriate. Bathing suits, or propping up butt to the camera, or one where she’s taking a mirror picture with her butt on the sink.

We were alarmed by this and thought it was just plain weird considering that he is 30. She said she thinks he’s really dumb and doesn’t understand how creepy and weird that looks. But then again, he’s also a 30 year old man? How does he not consider that it’s inappropriate for him to do that?

Anyways, how should she go about confronting him with this?

30 year-old man doesn't know it's wrong. He's just a boy

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

artsy fartsy posted:

I also looked for this on Amazon, and

https://imgur.com/a/5fRQpKN

this had better not awaken anything in me

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA for refusing to let my half-sister borrow my car and "outing" her behaviours to her parents?

"outing" lmao

(ingrid getting a ticket for distracted driving) this is exactly how turing must have felt

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

vonnegutt posted:

Why don't you put ceramic in an oven?? It was MADE in an oven. Ceramic makes way more sense to put in an oven than plastic, I don't care if it's BPA-free or not.

If the plate wasn't made to be put in an oven, heating it up too quickly could crack it. Probably immaterial when you're talking about a plate with a huge lump of frozen pasta on top of it

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

to their credit, that might be the least disgusting possible definition of the term "grave soak"

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

I thought fightman was that guy who was always going to waffle house to fight a cook

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

haveblue posted:

What's a "sponge" baby?

sponges are a not-very-effective form of birth control

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Bibliotechno Music posted:

quote:

My mom says that I remind her too much of him and it annoys her

what the fuuuuuck

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Bibliotechno Music posted:

I cannot parse any of this for the life of me, lack of usernames isn’t helping in the slightest and I can’t find it anywhere else. Why is OP getting custody of his kids coming up? There are references to deportation but also to currently being in India? What on earth is going on, help.

E:

What’s going on here? I get that she feels bad about a one night stand from before she got with her bf, but how is this similar to OP’s domestic violence situation? Am I just dense?

u got markov chained

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

it's music with lyrics about Dune

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

YTA

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Batterypowered7 posted:

'cause they forgot the s?

read like overgeneralization of the ends in s --> apostrophe after rule, which is incredibly annoying, but i guess you could be right. i'm the rear end in a top hat

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

sebmojo posted:

fake amnesia lady is a little hard to get my head around ngl

as far as I can reckon:

- OP gets pregnant
- Husband decides he doesn't want kids and demands she get an abortion
- She refuses and he files for divorce
- Before divorce is final, husband gets in car accident and loses all memory of the above
- Husband leaves hospital and moves back in with OP
- Amnesiac husband seems to be much more happy with the family situation than before the accident
- It's 2 years later now and they're having another kid
- OP's SIL now claims he got his memory back after about a month but continued to pretend to not remember for another 5 months or so. OP doesn't know what to do with this information

idk, sounds kind of cute to me. OP's husband got some perspective in a weird, soap-operatic way and seems to have changed for the better for it

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

reddit help i'm about to torpedo my marriage because of a meme

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Mrs. Dash posted:

Wouldn't having destroyed taste buds cause people to add more seasoning so they can actually taste something?

iirc smoking is much more popular in asia than in the US, so it doesn't really track.

big tobacco is to blame for a lot of bad poo poo but microwave fruit foam isn't one of them

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Hughlander posted:

No one under the age of 80 wears Jeans at the waist.

zoomers are bringing back mom jeans. also center parts. everything old is new again

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Azuth0667 posted:

Last ENT I saw had the biggest nose I've ever seen. Thing was the size of a softball.

the ENT who did my septoplasty had obvious problems breathing through his nose. i regret never asking him what's the deal with that

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (29, F) and my boyfriend (34,M) rushed into a relationship and now he's getting cold feet. What do I say/text him?

definitely keep stalking him on apps and don't, under any circumstances, talk to him. that's the key to a healthy relationship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

5x damage