Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

LadyPictureShow posted:

Aita for getting mad at my mother in law for cooking a meal in our house

I mean you can kind of just be like "eh maybe she was being nice" and then that edit hits like :dogbutton:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Soylent Pudding posted:

Guess the state

AITA for saying to my MIL that she needs to get over the idea we would EVER move to Ohio. .?

whenever I hear that state this is the only meme I can think of

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

teen witch posted:

Hi y’all

It’s the end of another miserable month on this dead gay rock planet home

So let’s zazz up the title

Open to suggestions until Monday AM CET which is like midnightish EST.

Whatever is like the clear rear end winner is uh, the winner

Best regards,
Teen witch

r/relationships: there is nothing you can do or say that would ever get us to move to Ohio

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

hawowanlawow posted:

I was guessing some kind of hobby that requires space and a lot of tools and parts, you know, one that it would be annoying to drop and pick back up later. That way there would be some kind of issue and purpose in posting about it

this ain't that

I was absolutely thinking like stained glass or woodworking or a normal god damned hobby

Not that

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

LadyPictureShow posted:

My (26F) boyfriend (32M) won’t let me go on vacation

What is it about nurses dating people like this because in my experience it's not uncommon for them to be dating/married to people who are unequal partners (in the sense that the nurse works harder/pays most of the bills in the relationship/their partner works some part time job)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

DemoneeHo posted:

My husband (M18) is trying to convince me (F19) that I am going to cheat on him with his brother (M19)

lmao

:allbuttons:

Cat tax in case this isn't allowed

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

How to make steak

:stonk:

That poor cow was sacrificed for THAT?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Midnight Voyager posted:

"Oppositional since birth" set off some alarms in my head. It's a fuckin baby. They aren't opposing you.

Also I feel like people who know about ODD and people who use ODD to say "my child isn't perfectly obedient" would make a nearly circular Venn diagram.

Gonna raise one kid as a Tory and the other as Labour so they can always have a loyal opposition

I'll be the monarch of course

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

GlyphGryph posted:

Thanks for all the shower/tub/toilet tips folks. I'm gonna try some comet powder stuff, and maybe get a squeegee for regular maintenance. (and mostly not worry about it too much because hopefully I won't be in this apartment much longer, but it would be nice to normalize some better habits before I get into a new place)

Wondering what folks opinions are on this one, especially in light of the paternity test conversation earlier.

I feel like there's something missing because it doesn't make sense that everything is hunky dorky and she just randomly decides that she needs an emergency fund one day and stashes money away

when my parents were on the rocks (which was most of my child/adulthood!) my mom took me to the bank one day to open a checking account for $1000 so she had an "emergency fund" in case she had to leave my dad, so maybe I'm colored by that experience but there's a lot that's being left out of this

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

vonnegutt posted:

Not always missing, a lot of women are advised to do this by their mothers / other female relatives. I definitely was given a talk that could be summed up as "Don't ever be in a position where you are 100% financially reliant on a man". This article springs to mind: https://www.thebillfold.com/2016/01/a-story-of-a-gently caress-off-fund/

Ah - I guess I'm colored by my own experiences and the fact that a lot of men leave out how they actually act in these posts

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Barudak posted:

There is a huge difference between "baby, please get your several hundred thousand dollars out of a .5% savings account and into an index fund or other investment" and "listen, sweet tits, who needs emergency money when gamestop is going to the moon!!"

5000% it's the latter

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my teacher I cant currently do anything about my purple forehead?

Obviously the OP is Triana Orpheus and the dork next to her is Hank Venture

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

DemoneeHo posted:

No, and now i hate you for bringing it up :mad:

My husband just called my vagina a 'vagoo' and I need help saving this marriage.

Honestly this marriage is doomed so he should just lean into this by putting a pair of glasses on it and call it "Mrs. Vagoo"

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

My dad's (43) girlfriend is trying to get rid of me (15 f).

Update: My dad's (43) girlfriend is trying to get rid of me (15 f).

Update to update: My dad's (43) girlfriend is trying to get rid of me (15 f).

Absolutely infuriating. I hope the dad's dick shrivels and falls off.

That kid is tough as nails and I hope that she gets the life she deserves

this is the most messed up thing I've read in a very long time

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Speaking of things that should be taught in sex-ed:
I(18M) might have unintentionally made my gf(18F) feel insecure.

This kid did a lot of things right, he just goofed up a little verbally. I hope these two can work it out.

he's 18 and blanked out "fingering"

also 9 months and sex only 20 times? that works out to like once a week still more than me my entire life lmfao i hate myself

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

teen witch posted:

Not so low key huh

:smug:

:smith:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

The cast list on this one makes it seem like we're about to read a Shakespearean comedy with 7 different leads with various romantic entanglements with each other, but that's really not what we get.

Help. Polyamory is ruining my (28 f) friend group (25-32 f/m/nb)

Also, because it took me a second to figure out: Brett is not OP's best friend, Alice is. She just wrote that line poorly.

i'm sorry but if you're showing the cast list before even getting into the play itself your situation is way too convoluted for anyone to understand outside of the people involved in it

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Deformed Church posted:

How can I [22F] talk to my fiance [31M] in a way so he doesn't take my pleas as an attack?

Here's some advice kiddo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FPELc1wEvk

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Another person for the garbage pile.
AITA For telling my dad he needs to man up and be a father?

100% this dude is not an rear end in a top hat

this kid is a freaking saint and the kids are lucky they have someone in their lives that care about them more than their own god damned father

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Quackles posted:

The what now

Is this a real post lol

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Quackles posted:

Unfortunately. Complicated by the fact that I grew up in the vicinity of Washington State.

I gotta ask - if you lived in the vicinity of WA how the hell did you not know it was Nazi central? I mean hell Couer D'Lane housed like the biggest white supremacist compound for decades

Then again it took me moving away from Oregon to see how batshit and performative that state actually is so :shrug:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Quackles posted:

I have two working theories:

[1] I was living to the west of Seattle, geographically.

[2] I was a 10-year-old child.

Both theories check out please continue citizen

(Yeah I didn't realize how Oregon was when I was a kid either and it's been undelightfully eye-opening)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

titty_baby_ posted:

Its a good place to hide from society.

You're appealing to me right now

Go on....

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

teen witch posted:

Ok so it’s established that this person is not great. Let’s not get into gory details because its CSA and yeah, no. Nuh uh. This semi mod knows. Not great.

Anyway soup? I hate thin soup texture. It’s horrific. Might as well be sipping it in a mug.

I made instant pot slow cooked pasta e fagoli like a couple months back and it was :discourse:

It was an Olive Garden recipe but drat if it didn't taste amazing

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Whorelord posted:

I refuse to recognise Jamie Oliver as an authority on food.

Still the greatest Jamie Oliver video ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALnsIHIupnk

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
there is no such thing as an English trained chef because they all go to France to learn French technique

hell even Gordon Ramsay did

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Evil Willow posted:

I just got fired for taking my break.

This gem comes to you courtesy of the guy who didn't want to share a blanket wanted his sister to share her blanket and threw a fit because his parents didn't buy him (a 24 year old living at home) an XBox for Christmas.

EDIT: Check out r/BlanketGuy for more stories!

I love the fact that he tried to Ben Shapiro his way out of this (FACTS and LOGIC) and is amazed it didn't work!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Xachariah posted:

Based on the website he must have gone for the most expensive ones which are "Full Day ‘Yarak’ - £139pp" or "Private Falconry Tuition - £150pp per day for 3-5 days" or "Group Falconry Courses - £400pp for 4 days or £500pp for 5 days"

So I'm estimating a range of maybe £417-£1500 based on signing up three people. For a family living paycheck to paycheck that can indeed be quite a lot.

I have the feeling it's the lower end though as the site describes it as "A bird ‘in yarak’ means they are in peak condition both physically and mentally, making it a formidable hunter. The day gives you the most in-depth look at the work of a falconer on a day to day basis." and the wife described it as meeting "top owls".

Source: https://www.hawkonthewildside.co.uk/falconry-experiences/

Perhaps it's just a front and he's a vampire wanting to meet the superb owl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS0qhHiyrfI

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

8one6 posted:

The day a supervisor at the call center job I had gave me poo poo for wearing something warmer than khakis to work on a day we got 10 inches of snow was the day I decided to not give notice when I quit.

gently caress bosses and gently caress putting in more than what you need to support your own career.

honestly this is my ethos right now

I put in exactly what I need to do to survive in this job and no more

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Ccs posted:

God please link to the original reddit post, I want to see the replies. I can't find it by searching for the title on google.

I found it on Ask a Manager:

https://www.askamanager.org/2021/03/i-want-my-employee-to-be-more-engaged-and-work-more-hours.html

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
lmao the descriptions of the birds are amazing

"He is very easily distracted and loves watching planes, he has even been known to fall over backwards as planes go over his head, this wouldn’t be such a problem if he didn’t live under the Gatwick flight path. He is the naughtiest of our owls and will consider flying if there’s nothing more interesting going on elsewhere, still, we can’t complain, because the one day he did decide he was going to do everything he was asked to, he did it at the O2 in London, where none of our other birds of prey were at all inclined to do anything because of the life-size, roaring dinosaurs that were peering over at them, though that was probably because he couldn’t see planes."

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Kurieg posted:

We had a kid die my freshman year of college because they were completely sheltered growing up and once they got to college they convinced someone to buy them a giant bottle of Everclear and they just drank it straight.

More alcohol content means better, right?

for their 21st birthday one of my fraternity brothers had an everclear shot drinking contest but halfway through everyone else switched to water and he was too piss drunk to notice

he was fine besides a hangover that would make God cry

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
maybe i'm reading into it but it sounds like he's cheating and slipped up

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

lol at thinking that going to a Hooters is cheating. There are a pile of reasons not to go there from the quality of the food to the sexualization of the waitresses, but infidelity isn't on that list.

It wasn't that, it was the whole "I went with you" thing that sort of set me off

i don't give a poo poo if someone goes to Hooters or not (but there are much better wings elsewhere)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

The Bramble posted:

Our 'therapist' (29M) asked if he could watch my girlfriend (26F) and I (26M) have sex. Is this a complete non-starter?

Wasn't this part of an It's Always Sunny episode?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

IMO the thread title should not ever be an injoke you had to have read a specific page somewhere in the middle of the nearly 2000-page megathread to even potentially find funny

that's literally the entirety of any SA megathread

the bitcoin one i don't understand but you can actually post and ask "hey where did the title come from" and someone's usually willing to link you to the post

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Evil Willow posted:

AITA For Telling My Mother That She's Nuts for Charging Money for Gifts She Gives?

I'm a cheap rear end bastard who hoards his money like a god drat dragon and agonizes over buying new clothes or pairs of socks for myself but I would never, ever stoop to this level, not in a million years

What sort of broken brain does this woman have? :psyduck:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for saying my friend should have rang the doorbell when I didn’t see her text, instead she left and is blaming me for her losing her job?

I can understand anxiety but I feel like this lady was on her last legs with the job and wants to blame someone else for it

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA for expecting my BF to pay more rent if he has his own office/gameroom?

Hmmm.

:cripes:

This thread is great for me because if these chodebuckets can be in a relationship it proves I'm not totally helpless

I mean yes it's toxic and bad (so was my last one) but still!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for using non-verbal communication because of gender dysphoria?

:stare:

Using the term "ghetto ebonics", claiming you're not "woke" and then having the temerity to say "I'm not racist!!"

Man this post has it all!!