Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Darkhold posted:

Sorry if I touched a nerve but it was 100% a joking post. I mean yeah it's weird to know we have a ton of stone on a pallet somewhere but we're miles away from proper hoarding. She doesn't keep her old projects laying around just some of the tools that she could in theory use to start back up again if her interest re-ignites. Admittedly stone will be harder to throw out when she moves on. The clutter is only annoying when she's in the middle of her excitement.

It's more of a 'manic' type phase she goes through then anything.

If she gets super into Barbie, I got some bad news for you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for banning my toddler from watching a youtube channel because of my wife’s infidelity?

That's like the main perk of being a child entertainer; banging their moms (or Dads). He's going to need to be concerned with that regardless of what his kid watches. I mean the Mr. Dress-up post show parent orgies are the things of legend. He's lucky it was just sexting. I hear Grover is into some weird poo poo.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

How to approach someone when the only time you see them is at their workplace?

quote:

So I met this girl a couple weeks ago while taking my cat to the vet...she works there as an assistant and immediately she seemed as someone I really want to be a part of my life - not necessarily romantically, but even just as a friend. I rarely have the opportunity to meet someone new, especially someone so seemingly likeminded and compatible as her.

We talked briefly and it was enough to spark quite an interest in me. Trust me - this does not happen to me often. She has this magnificent energy and a glow round her. But it's not just that...we both have things in common, similar style, worldviews, and she has a tattoo with a quote that I always admired. (I should probably use that in my advancements somehow)

I really want to get to know her better but I am unsure of what is the best way to approach her in this setting-at her workplace, when she's never alone and almost always too busy.

There is also this issue of age diference (she may be up to 15 years younger, I am male in my late 30s) so I dont want to come across as a some kind of a freak. But I do know I want to get to know her better.

Never done anything like this before and I really don't want to miss this opportunity.

Hoping to get some solid advice.

Edit: To clarify on the age difference

She's 100% not a teen. She's in her early 20s, I'd say 21 the least. I know for sure cause I looked her up on Facebook and saw her highschool graduation year.

I am 37 years old, but I certainly don't look or act like it. I feel young in my heart and if you could erase the few small wrinkles around my eyes I could probably pass as a 25 year old.

So I truly believe this age difference is not a big deal neither for friendship nor a romantic relationship.

tl;dr I met this girl at her workplace and I am not sure how to ask her to get to know her better.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

Guess what it is. Spoiler: you’re wrong

Landlord Threatening to Kick Me Out Because of my Garage Shrimp Farm

quote:

So basically I’ve been living in a town home for the past year and a few months and my land lord has been pretty chill. He’s never too pushy about whatever is happening at the house and the townhome itself is really nice. Before the pandemic I was cultivating shrimp with just a forty gallon tub in my garage. I was just keeping them for personal cooking and I’d give some to relatives as a gift or whatever. My landlord had seen the shrimp before and was totally chill with it.
However once the pandemic hit I heard about of ton of people losing their jobs and I decided to scale up my production to make some more serious money I could fall back on just incase. That was about 8 months ago and things have been going really well and I now work with two pools both of which are about the size of an average above ground pool.
Everything was going really smoothly, I wasn’t drawing any serious power and the only noise was a small pump. But one day I was working on the tanks with the garage open and my landlord just happened to drive by and starting freaking out about the tanks. What I understood from him was that he was worried about water damage if a pool were to burst. However the entire garage is concrete.
My lease says I’m allowed to have animals in the building with no specifications on what kind of animals that entails. The lease doesn’t mention any kind of restrictions on live stock which is because I assume most people wouldn’t think of keeping livestock in a town home.
My main question is can my land lord kick me out even though my lease doesn’t mention anything related to livestock? Could be also try to kick me out due to some kind of city regulations forbidding livestock on certain property?

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

low key sex master posted:

During a routine telephone conversation, a penis accidentally ejaculated and left a mess. We are continuing to gather information and will update you as we progress.

Ahh, the old "Jeffery Toobin"

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Just let your wife go and let nature take its course. Kid stays home, though.

Also use the time she's gone to file the divorce paperwork. Serve her at the airport and tell her that because she's been exposed that she needs to quarantine somewhere else away from the kid.

The good news is, with her trip to Florida her bags will already be packed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

From r/legaladvice. I don’t even know what to say about this. The spoilers are just so you don’t jump ahead to the punchline.

I need help.

quote:

I wanted to know if there is anyway to get my things back in this scenario.
I am currently in CT, the person in question is located in AZ - my supposed girlfriend. It began in Japan after I came back from a deployment and was contacted by said individual. We engaged in a long distance relationship. Long story short, I paid off debt, sent money, sent material possessions at the promise of essentially getting to see the person. Fast forward to March, and I’m back in the US in CA. I attempt to visit her in AZ and am told that I will have the cops called on me if I attempted to visit.

The relationship continues. I move to CT to work at a Naval shipyard. I still buy the person things that they ask for. I send them a downpayment for a car. Things are now rocky so she tells me if I send her X amount of money, I can have some stuff I have sent her back. I do so, and I’m essentially blocked.

I’ve used Zelle and PayPal for these transactions. I’ve sent via “friends and family” function on PayPal and most statements can be seen on my bank account. Overall, I’ve sent them over $20k in cash and have sent them over $20k in material items. I know her address, and I know that she is a real person as she streams on Twitch often.

All in all, I want to know if I can pursue legal action for any of this, or if I’m just out all the money I’ve given her as well as all of my personal belongings that I’ve sent her