Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
Could be 'Rising Sun' with Sean Connery and Wesley Snipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I don’t think you see the specifics of Waingro murdering the hooker in Heat, and it definitely takes place in a cheap motel room. Rising Sun features the murder of Tatjiana Patitz, an exceptionally white supermodel; although the crime scene does fit the description, as does the ‘they’re loving… oh welp, that escalated quickly’ nature of the encounter.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Having looked up both of these (and goddamn my google history is going to be very weird just for wanting to face up to some mild childhood trauma) Rising Sun is weirdly specific to the scenario and looks 90s American as heck, so I was convinced you'd got it, but it just doesn't match any of the visuals of the actual scene I remember...

I've seen Heat a couple times and I didn't even remember that scene, but apparently that really bothered some people too!

I think I want to say the scene in my memory specifically showed the point where the victim died whereas both of those cut away?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Isn't there something like that in Strange Days? It's been a long time but I recall there's something like that.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
In Strange Days, that's crucial to the plot, right? There's like a video sim that shows the antagonist choking a woman, and the main guy (Ralph Fiennes?) sees it and now bad guy is after him. I dunno. It's been awhile since I seen it.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
It's also filmed with a blue tint which could make her race a bit harder to pin down.

Google Strange Days Bako to see some Google images of the scene.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Sir Nose posted:

From 10-15 years ago. An assassin is looking though the scope of his rifle, and while he's looking, the target is taken out by another sniper. The assassin may have taken a first shot and missed, and then saw this after reloading. The target is some politico or something, on a stage at some sort of outdoor rally.

For all those that tried to help me out with this a few pages ago, I figured it out-- The International starring Clive Owen. Who knew there could have been so many possibilities? Thanks all.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Wow, I don't remember a sniper plot from that movie at all.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Zombie movie that was on a streaming channel last night-

It takes place in Brazil but is likely European in origin. Premise is, some people are traveling across the country for some reason I never actually picked up, they stay at this old plantation house, and one of them has secretly gotten ensnared in some voodoo curse, he goes to a nearby graveyard and plays a tape recording of a ritual, and zombies rise. There are six zombies, all dead slaves who were murdered in some past massacre, and now they're seeking revenge by killing six white people. (There's some fumbling with the numbers on this, like there are only five main characters but the sixth is someone who gets killed offscreen?) The zombies all have nooses around their necks and chains on the arms and legs, and they carry weapons. Both times they kill someone they gouge out an eye first.

It is, if you haven't guessed from my description, not very good. Still I couldn't place a title. Anyone?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Zombie movie that was on a streaming channel last night-

It takes place in Brazil but is likely European in origin. Premise is, some people are traveling across the country for some reason I never actually picked up, they stay at this old plantation house, and one of them has secretly gotten ensnared in some voodoo curse, he goes to a nearby graveyard and plays a tape recording of a ritual, and zombies rise. There are six zombies, all dead slaves who were murdered in some past massacre, and now they're seeking revenge by killing six white people. (There's some fumbling with the numbers on this, like there are only five main characters but the sixth is someone who gets killed offscreen?) The zombies all have nooses around their necks and chains on the arms and legs, and they carry weapons. Both times they kill someone they gouge out an eye first.

It is, if you haven't guessed from my description, not very good. Still I couldn't place a title. Anyone?

Black Demons (one of several films aka Demoni 3/Demons 3).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Not a movie, I don't think, but probably a show.

I think it was PBS. Had a tall white guy, who looks like he was maybe 40, sort of looked like he was a part of Mr Rogers Neighbourhood, or Captain Kangaroo. He's in a room, and he MIGHT have been dressed up as Elvis. Either way, the whole time, he's singing to himself "who's the king of rock and roll? Tell me; I just got to know" over and over again.

The guy ALMOST looks like George Frankley, from Square One's Math Net, but it's definitely not him.

Edit: ok, he looked like Chuck Aber, but I don't think it's him, based on his IMDB filmography.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 18, 2021

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
That might be a tough one. In addition to the big national shows, there were also a lot of those types of kids variety shows produced regionally and shown on their local PBS iteration too. What time period and part of the country is it?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

If we're in a PBS'n mood, I'm still on the hunt for mine from the white whale thread

DoombatINC posted:

I have two, both related. They were bumpers that aired in between programs during daytime children's shows on I thiiiink PBS in the early to mid 90s.

One was animated, with these weird alien/monster creatures on a black background. A voice would state the number of them and identify the type of creature, with each group getting bigger by one so as to teach you how to count (???).

The other was live-action with an armless dude painted a bright color demonstrating through song and example that excluding different people is wrong. At one point a cop yells at him "Put your hands up!" to which he responds "But I don't have any" in an odd, dreamy tone.

This would've been the Seattle / Eastside PBS feed, no later than '96 and maybe as early as '89-'90

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

That might be a tough one. In addition to the big national shows, there were also a lot of those types of kids variety shows produced regionally and shown on their local PBS iteration too. What time period and part of the country is it?

I saw this in the early to mid 90s, but it could've been filmed in the 80s. I don't think it was older than that, but it could have been.

Also, I'm from east coast Canada, don't know if that helps or hinders.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

sigher posted:

Looking for a horror film that was recent and I think I caught on Shudder or Amazon Prime, but it was a couple being terrorized at night in a remote house in the UK country-side. I think eventually they're killed about half-way through the movie, however the film jumps back in time and it turns out that the initial couple that's being tormented are lovely thieves and the people they robbed that evening are just coming after them to get revenge.

Still looking for this one, nothing I search brings anything up. It's so god drat vague or too lengthy to bring any good results.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

sigher posted:

Still looking for this one, nothing I search brings anything up. It's so god drat vague or too lengthy to bring any good results.

That sounds vaguely familiar to me but like you said it’s really hard to google. Some details of the film The Blood Lands/White Settlers fit your description, but not all: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2883352/

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

sigher posted:

Worst case dig through here.
Also it's probably not what you're looking for but could it be a mixed up memory of Southbound?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

VagueRant posted:

Having looked up both of these (and goddamn my google history is going to be very weird just for wanting to face up to some mild childhood trauma) Rising Sun is weirdly specific to the scenario and looks 90s American as heck, so I was convinced you'd got it, but it just doesn't match any of the visuals of the actual scene I remember...

I've seen Heat a couple times and I didn't even remember that scene, but apparently that really bothered some people too!

I think I want to say the scene in my memory specifically showed the point where the victim died whereas both of those cut away?

Doesn’t one of the death wish movies open on a scene like that

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I've seen and I like Southbound a lot, definitely isn't that one, I'm pretty sure I've seen The Blood Lands and tbe plot sounds familiar but definitely isn't the film. I believe the film I'm talking about only. Took place over a single evening and I remember it being really dark the whole film. I think the initial couple robbed the latter couple at a gas station and maybe killed the clerk too.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

A MIRACLE posted:

I skimmed all the original Death Wish movies and none of the attacks quite lined up with those details

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

donquixotic posted:

Crossposting from another thread as I forgot about this thread.

We have a client at work called Pierre, and everytime somebody says his name I get an auditory flashback to somebody in a cartoon saying Pierre Pierre. I think it was a character's name in something from the 80s or 90s

Old post but i don't think everyone ever answered this one. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToVHzUDYJgU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Not a movie, I don't think, but probably a show.

I think it was PBS. Had a tall white guy, who looks like he was maybe 40, sort of looked like he was a part of Mr Rogers Neighbourhood, or Captain Kangaroo. He's in a room, and he MIGHT have been dressed up as Elvis. Either way, the whole time, he's singing to himself "who's the king of rock and roll? Tell me; I just got to know" over and over again.

The guy ALMOST looks like George Frankley, from Square One's Math Net, but it's definitely not him.

Edit: ok, he looked like Chuck Aber, but I don't think it's him, based on his IMDB filmography.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO2gGv-VuHk

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, thank you!

I can kind of barely watch it, but he seems very proto-Bo Burham; musical, and all over the place.

Got the lyrics wrong ('Who killed the king of rock and roll..."), but I'm surprised I remembered as much as I did.

Wow. Again, thank you. How did you find it?

Edit: oh, and :lol: at the scientology dig during that song, too.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wow. Again, thank you. How did you find it?

I had taped it off cable when it aired and watched it a bunch of times back in the day.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

FitFortDanga posted:

I had taped it off cable when it aired and watched it a bunch of times back in the day.

Ah nice. Ok, I thought my googling was just lacking and you were able to find it there. Well, then again, I got the lyrics wrong in the first place.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Isn't there something like that in Strange Days? It's been a long time but I recall there's something like that.
The murder details kinda line up and this DID make me uncomfortable, but none of the imagery I can vaguely picture is in there, and I feel like I would've remembered it randomly cutting to a screaming Ralph Fiennes?

Sidenote, that movie sounds super weird! It was Kathryn Bigelow? Is it meant to be any good?

A MIRACLE posted:

There's a scene where someone gets their head smashed into a mirror in one of the latter ones, but aside from being kinda backstage from a public venue and having glass around them, it's definitely not a match.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

VagueRant posted:

The murder details kinda line up and this DID make me uncomfortable, but none of the imagery I can vaguely picture is in there, and I feel like I would've remembered it randomly cutting to a screaming Ralph Fiennes?

Sidenote, that movie sounds super weird! It was Kathryn Bigelow? Is it meant to be any good?

There's a scene where someone gets their head smashed into a mirror in one of the latter ones, but aside from being kinda backstage from a public venue and having glass around them, it's definitely not a match.

Strange Days is really good. I haven't seen it for years but I remember it as being excellent.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Strange Days is a rough watch and a little lumpy, but it’s still pretty great and definitely worth a look

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I'm sorry to add another identification request for highly disturbing sexual violence, but I remember coming across the following scene on Bravo (UK) probably about 22 years ago:

A guy is going down on a woman in a very cheap TV movie looking bedroom, I remember this guy being kind of wiry. The lighting was all saturated pinks/greens and the set had that minimalist noir look (venetian blinds, potted plant, bed and bookcase). The door is burst open (shotgun blast?) and a bulky pimp archetype guy enters with his goons. They have some kind of vendetta with the wiry guy and pull him off the bed, cut his tongue out and throw it at the woman saying "finish the job yourself". I remember being a little horrified but it was also incredibly camp and corny. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Disco Pope posted:

I'm sorry to add another identification request for highly disturbing sexual violence, but I remember coming across the following scene on Bravo (UK) probably about 22 years ago:

A guy is going down on a woman in a very cheap TV movie looking bedroom, I remember this guy being kind of wiry. The lighting was all saturated pinks/greens and the set had that minimalist noir look (venetian blinds, potted plant, bed and bookcase). The door is burst open (shotgun blast?) and a bulky pimp archetype guy enters with his goons. They have some kind of vendetta with the wiry guy and pull him off the bed, cut his tongue out and throw it at the woman saying "finish the job yourself". I remember being a little horrified but it was also incredibly camp and corny. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

My mind goes to The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and her Lover for some reason.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

The_Doctor posted:

My mind goes to The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and her Lover for some reason.

Unfortunately, no. It was definitely US set and the cast (in that one scene at least), were all Black. Bravo would normally show exploitation films and trashy action and horror, so it was more in that vein.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Ichi the Killer has a tongue cut out scene, with blinds, neon colors, but they were all asian.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

DoombatINC posted:

The other was live-action with an armless dude painted a bright color demonstrating through song and example that excluding different people is wrong. At one point a cop yells at him "Put your hands up!" to which he responds "But I don't have any" in an odd, dreamy tone

I don't have an answer for this, but I want to say that I also remember it from Alaskan TV around the same period (so PNW/maybe Canadian origin?). The dude was painted purple, iirc? I remember some of the song lyrics (because nothing sticks in your long-term memory like commercial songs from childhood), so I'll Google it once I'm not on my phone.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Thank you! Even if you can't find it, it's reassuring to know that my brain didn't fabricate it whole cloth :)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
There was a German short film I saw years ago at an international film festival, probably late 90s/early 00s, where a guy gets a visit from his high school teacher several years later. The teacher tells him that he found evidence that he might have cheated on his final and that they may have to take his diploma back, so he makes him retake the test. It threatens the guy's whole livelihood so he ends up killing the teacher, and at the end he finds out it was all a setup for a surprise party.

I can't remember the name of it, but maybe someone else has seen it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
This one is kind of reaching. There was, I believe in of the Zucker brothers spoofs I used to watch all the time as a kid, a scene where someone mentions a 'monarchan bagan disguise kit'(sp). The reference kind of slid over me since I was used to Looney Tunes name dropping celebrities I had no clue about. Recently I've gotten the line stuck in my head and I thought to look up what it was referencing but apparently phonetic spelling of 35 year old memories don't make great Google searches.

Does this trip anyone else's memories so I watch the movie again to get an accurate name or does anyone even know what the reference was to?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

This one is kind of reaching. There was, I believe in of the Zucker brothers spoofs I used to watch all the time as a kid, a scene where someone mentions a 'monarchan bagan disguise kit'(sp). The reference kind of slid over me since I was used to Looney Tunes name dropping celebrities I had no clue about. Recently I've gotten the line stuck in my head and I thought to look up what it was referencing but apparently phonetic spelling of 35 year old memories don't make great Google searches.

Does this trip anyone else's memories so I watch the movie again to get an accurate name or does anyone even know what the reference was to?

Eddie Izzard did a bit about a Menachem Begin disguise kit:

quote:

I had all the badges. I had my Landing On The Moon badge. You know, advanced badges. My Nuclear Fusion badge. And my Menachem Begin Disguise Kit badge. Which was great.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
this was a horror movie in a snowy village/mining camp with log cabins. there was a virus (?) that make peoples limbs move like the thing when cut off. the mc hallucinated an in shadows deerman who gave him instructions. it ends with the last survivor entering a field where bear traps had been laid earlier in the film

edit: it was black mountain side

Relin fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 5, 2021

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Action Jacktion posted:

That joke still makes no sense to me, but it's good to see that there is some kind of explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Action Jacktion posted:

That was it, thanks. I guess the memory was a lot younger than I thought.