Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Movie number one:
The scene I remember of this movie was part of its trailer.
It featured a man who looked like Stacy Keach with a bonnet cap driving a car on a highway in the night. The sequence featured the car breaking a toll booth (or a road block or a "road under construction" obstacle) and then the car crashed into a wall. I think I saw that trailer early in the 80's The movie is not Road Games (1981) because as far as I remember the actor was driving a left hand drive car (and not a right hand drive truck).

Movie number two:
This one is harder. It was a stop motion movie which featured animal puppets (save for the "evil magician" that was a real monkey). The monkey endangered the animal village and the "hero" had to fight it. I think the movie was in color but had no spoken lines (only a musical soundtrack). I cannot discount this movie being from the ex warsaw pact countries. It could have been a 50's or 60's movie even if I saw it in early 80's.
Scenes I remember: opening forest full of singing (clockwork) birds and another scene set in a fair with toads riding motorcycles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Unfortunately not, or at least it's close but it does not seems to be it... it never occurred to me it could have been an Italian b-movie. The scene I remember was prominently featured in the trailers, at least the ones that used to be aired in :italy: on local televisions.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

SimonCat posted:

I mean, Stacey Keach in a hat.

Yes, but it's not a Stacey Keach lookalike in a hat driving at night with an horrified expression before he crashes into a wall with his car.

fake edit: maybe I need to mspaint that sequence and post it.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

sigher posted:

I saw a movie some years ago about a young girl who lives in a whorehouse somewhere and she crawls through walls and trap doors to get wherever she wants. The place is run by some military dude who I think tried pimping the young girl out or something.

sigher posted:

It was more recent and I also think it was foreign? I don't think you saw much of the outside world in the film but whatever you did see looked war torn/post apocalyptic, and the building she was in was nasty and filthy.

sigher posted:

I thought I might have somehow imagined a grittier version of Delicatessen but I don't believe that's the case, the film I'm talking about was pretty bleak and I think the little girl dies in the end or maybe one of the other women in brothel or whatever it was does. I'm not sure.

Reminds me of Sucker Punch.

Please someone do a version where the logo that's being shot is the one from Jurassic World.