Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I did not know that Isa Briones sang Blue Skies in the finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I feel you're missing the obvious reason why we never saw the cloaking officer.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

:smuggo:

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Snow Cone Capone posted:

also nice Picard throwback :laffo:

At the end of Ep1, Mariner tells Boimler, "Sulu rocked a sword. You should do that, we're due for a new sword guy.". I immediately thought "What about Elnor?"

I quickly realized that Mariner may not know about Elnor because this happens before ST:Picard, but the writers definitely knew when they threw that line in.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Drone posted:

It still irks me that the nameplate is on the wrong end of the saucer though. I don't really get why they did that.

It's so people know which ship is running away from them.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Ep 5 is gonna have this ship:

Looks pretty good there, hopefully we get some better angles.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I cracked up at Tendi and Rutherford escaping through a Jeffries tube while their pursuer just ran down a corridor three feet to the left that led to the exact same place.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Now that you mention it, Rutherford could have activated his implant's bad rear end fighter mode but he didn't. Also, I hope that since it's a Vulcan implant, he'll eventually bust out the Vulcan death grip nerve pinch.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I'm glad that for once, sending the dog to live on a farm turned out well.

Also, Division 14 ship:

It has an NX registry number :3:

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

esperterra posted:

ATTN STAR TRACK GOONS

If you would like to quote this post!

Beam Boim Bij me up!

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Arrinien posted:

In current-day militaries, are you allowed to be in the direct chain of command of your immediate family?

Are you really in the chain of command if you subvert any order you don't feel like following?

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

zoux posted:

Anyone got an image of that Klingon ktinga/bird of prey hybrid or whatever?

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

It would've been less ambiguous if they had bleeped it as "***ks", or better yet, let Tendi bleep it.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Riker quoting the theme song implies that the Enterprise holodeck program has the theme song too.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Pakled ships?

The Titan:

Spock helmet, and possibly Sulu's rapier:

The facial expression Shaxs would want us to remember him with:

Ransom covering up after discussing whether Mariner does or does not get him hard:

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Thanks to the V key being next to the space bar I accidentally googled "Star Trek Disco very" and got this:

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I hope the next season of Lower Decks has a scene where Linus beams in, says "This shouldn't even be possible!", and beams back out.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Do we ever get a Vulcan-Klingon character? How much of Belana episodes would need to be changed to retcon her as half vulcan?

There was a Romulan-Klingon woman who liked Worf in the prison planet episode of TNG. I can't think of any Vulcan-Klingons though.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I've got no hate for it, it's a kid's show and all, but lol at them going right down the list of Dreamworks cliches for their character designs. Given there's zero recognizable Star Trek species, nevermind a sentient robot, I can't help but wonder if someone pitched Prodigy as its own sci-fi property and got the Star Trek brand slapped on it.

That blue blob is clearly the same species as Yaphit. :colbert:

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Arquinsiel posted:

That feels like a joke and nobody wanted to do any work.

This part sounds legit:

quote:

“I had countless people telling me exactly how to fix it and they were totally wrong, but they were such smug jerks about it,” he said in an interview. “The internet is bad.”

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

If you haven't watched TOS, the Gary Mitchell bit is still the set up for the Doctor dropping a boulder on Ransom at the end.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Powered Descent posted:

Mariner's exercise program

This is the key phrase. I have no trouble believing that Mariner puts dramatic establishing shots in all of her programs. And probably some of her friends programs too.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Aces High posted:

Wasn't it Ransom that mentioned TOS last season? Those Old Scientists or something was his justification for saying it

Both times that someone uses a fan abbreviation, another crewman agrees it's good. I have a feeling that when someone breaks out "DS9", the explanation will have nothing to do with the stations name.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

The Bloop posted:

They said "DS9" on DS9 though, didn't they?

They did, but I can see Boimler or someone having their own, personal expansion of the acronym.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Eimi posted:

I mean to me the things that made it feel strongly star wars like are the droids, that Drednok is Ikea brand General Grevious, the manual labor and heavy industrial areas of the mine, alien languages with no subtitles, and that Gwyn is standing there next to Not General Grevious wearing a cloak and when she started touching those gold bars I half expected them to float into her hand as she used the force. :v:

I got Grievous vibes from Drednok as well. Murf struck me as an organic R2-D2/BB-8, since he's small, adorable, speaks in cute noises, and interfaces with consoles when no-one else knows how to do it.

The main thing that made it feel like Star Wars was the background music. First, there was just soooo much of it, like way more music than I'm used to hearing from TV Trek. In some places it was very reminiscent of Star Wars, around the 11 minute mark when Dal first speaks with Zero, for a second I thought I was hearing the Tatooine soundtrack from Episode IV.

I can excuse the amount of music in this episode though. Being the pilot, I imagine they purposely tried to make it seem like a movie. Hopefully they tone it down a little for the rest of the series.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Lizard Combatant posted:

It's all in Bana's delivery. I'm sure on the page it was intended "Greetings Christopher, I... am Nero!" *bridge crew gasps*

I liked that line because it highlighted the fact that Nero's not military, he's a miner.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

What I see happening is that Gwyn eventually joins their team and naturally becomes the leader because, first, she's trained in everything and knows what she's doing and, secondly, Dal doesn't.

Dal should eventually realize he'd rather be Riker than Picard anyway.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

For a brief second I thought the John Wilkes Booth thing was ridiculous, but then I remember that Jack the Ripper canonically killed people in TOS. I still think it's ridiculous, but at least it's plausibly ridiculous.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Lower Decks Klingons are just TNG also

Ma'ah looks like he has the "cord only, no plates" look of TMP Klingons.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

lol, they just replaced the saucer with a toy Cylon Raider.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Crossposting from the PYF Weird/Awesome Fanart thread:

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

So because SNW is in production, does this mean the pilot "The Cage" finally got picked up?

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I wondered why the crew ignored the orders to stop firing, but then I realized that shooting a laser gun is probably a lot of fun.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Gary Seven, or could be Eight or Nine by now.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Timby posted:

Yep. Unless they had to speak or bare their teeth at someone, historically Klingon extras haven't had to wear the oral prosthesis, just to save money on the makeup budget.

And on the other end of the scale, some of Klingons on Lower Decks were clearly wearing the teeth when they recorded their lines.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Y'know, no one confirmed Hugh was dead and not just severely wounded, and he was on a reactivated Borg ship that was suddenly a few hundred drones short, so in my head Hugh is still alive dammit!

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

HD DAD posted:

I want Xena-esque camp. Was the writing stellar? No, but it was super fun.

Last month, my workplace hired a guy with light gray hair and a black beard. I nicknamed him "Salmoneus" and it caught on even though I'm the only one who seems to get the reference.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

The reason Seven and Raffi got away with beaming out is because who's gonna believe a story when the only witnesses are cops?

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Improvisation is a huge part of Jazz. After hearing Jurati sing an acapella chorus, any competent band would have heard all they need to know to back her up for the rest of the song. Y'all need to pay more attention to Riker when he's talking music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Actual Satan posted:

My favorite moment of the whole season was Guinan saying "and then he got beaten to death in a bar"

She also said "his last breath was into a cigar" which suggests at least one them doesn't know how cigars work.