Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Lower Decks is actually perfectly fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Character wise the show really needs to give the newbie girl some plot asap, she's the only one of the four that hasn't got one yet.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

I kinda liked the first three episodes but this one started on a bad note and never recovered.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Was that Jennifer Hale as the vulcan officer?

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Does Starfleet have a policy against promoting to a captain position if you're over 35 or something?

I liked the episode and am firmly in the camp that I don't have a problem with her being hyper competitive (almost everyone of the main characters are really in some way). But I think her motivation against getting into higher positions hasn't been explained very well so far.

Edit:

ashpanash posted:

I kind of wonder if Mariner might have been in a "thine own self" situation, had to order someone to their death, and has been afraid of command ever since.

I could believe that this was the real reason, all the other stuff being excuses. But so far the show hasn't implied it in any way sadly.

Laughing Zealot fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 17, 2020

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

esperterra posted:

ATTN STAR TRACK GOONS

If you would like to quote this post!

thx in advance

I would like a tag please, I think I'm big enough of a star trek nerd :3:

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

The episode had me with the long Cerritos flyby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

I've been rather meh about this season to the point that I barely remembered to check out this episode but it turned out to be the first one thus far that had me watching it without getting bored. Yeah it got its issues and something about the big villains makeup/actress is strangely off, but it was fun.