Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
thats a pretty bad sign, that didnt happen with the ebola outbreaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
turkey burgers, duh

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
nevermind the loss of human life, the real question is: how will this affect my Amazon purchasing experience :thunk:

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
well thats one way to deal with a lotta dead bodies

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
youd have to reduce the population in terms of billions to make a dent, and even then there already feedback loops that are going to run for decades if not centuries.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
it has a 2-18 day incubation period, this is nowhere near peaking

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Ruggan posted:

I feel like it's just a matter of time before it spreads in the US and that terrifies me. I'm especially scared for my 2 year old who has had some abnormally rough colds and has already gotten walking pneumonia once.

if we're lucky, the travel ban might've prevented a large portion of any spillover, but we just have to wait and see for now

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
decent water filter and like a week or two of canned food/dry goods is all you need, but i seriously doubt mainland US will have that sort of problem unless you live in one of the more densely populated cities, and thats only if it gets really bad

if it does, we'll you're hosed, sorry!

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

i am harry posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kakape/status/1224754875852054530

https://mobile.twitter.com/kakape/status/1224755583200497671

Virus grows in nasopharynx and digestive tract independently of the lungs, and from those areas in people showing only mild flu symptoms, the virus can be cultured.

Also a newborn in Wuhan that tested negative in the womb has been infected by its infected mother, but doctors are unsure of how (the possibilities are before or during birth, or right after)

its infectious during the incubation period that is loving wild

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Shaocaholica posted:

Is China pro or anti robotics? I mean, what’s the point of a large population if you can replace most of them with robots.

human labor is still, at the moment, cheaper.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What does warm weather have to do with disease spread?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK222258/

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i got my yearly bucket o' rice, thinking about some soup recipes.

maybe some chicken and rice?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

well if we just don't look at the virus, maybe itll go away....

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
every prepper knows that you should always have a supply of shelf stable queso for dipping, as it is far superior to salsa in nearly every regard

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

god drat i love our twitter presidency

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

sandwiches_and_ham posted:

what on earth is going on in your avatar? it looks like a pole turning into a lamp inside an elevator shaft or some poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQJH-zUYOoc

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I wonder if the break-in by Chinese nationals (one who later died) at the National Microbiology Laboratory (biohazard level 4 site) in Winnipeg, Canada in July 2019 has anything to do with this

real bioweapons are way, way scarier than corona.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i really love seeing the 'Big Pharma is covering up the cure for cancer!' conspiracy in a new form every year

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
cant wait to ride my bicycle through empty streets and pretend im in I Am Legend

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Bullfrog posted:

https://twitter.com/businessinsider/status/1236054532116877312?s=20

edit: it has the slides too but they're broken, using outline dot com

ah, i see we're transitioning to the bargaining phase

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Hadlock posted:

Grand Princess has stopped moving, they've entered US territorial waters... There's a pilot boat inbound to their position

Plauge ship 2 is probably gonna land in the bay area next 6 hours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g42EG7LD1UY

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
Greatest Healthcare System in The World!!!

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

they can't vote if they are dead you dummies >:[

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
is it really that hard to call it covid-19

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
amazon is gonna make a killing with their whole foods grocery service.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

GORDON posted:

This could be what kickstarts the guaranteed minimum income system

alternatively: give automation lines a big boast. won't have to worry about sick/dying workers if they're robots!

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
thats a grifters dream

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

naem posted:

thing

thing

thing (*rice)

thing

delicious, and good friend
:911:

no bacon, diced tomatoes, spinach, or carrots, vote 2/5

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
sriracha and sour cream is gods gift to potatoes

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

rear end cobra posted:

Saw a theory that a lot of covid-patients are dying from secondary microbial infections and that death rates track well with resistance to antibiotics. That would be very bad news for the US, no?

if you ever wanted an event to highlight just how bad healthcare in the US is, this is it.

too bad biden is gonna get the nomination

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Hadlock posted:

There is a new, substantial study, saying that N95 masks can be stelilized of the virus by cooking @ 160F for 30 min

Less substantial study saying you can sterilize by putting masks outside for 3 hours, rotating every 30 min due to UV from the sun

I don't take responsibility if you die from the roni, but hope this helps

Also, you should be able to decontaminate a mask by taking it out of use for 72 hours, but whatever. Kind of odd that hospitals are "running out" of masks. We leave our groceries in the entry hall for 3 days to disinfect.

edit: apparently a dry rice cooker will heat to ~165F which makes for an easy covid-19 sanitizer

you are better off going to a piercing studio that has a proper autoclave to do that but uhhh theres a reason hospitals aren't doing this, its a pretty big last measure when there aren't any other options and getting new masks cuts down on the human factor of someone screwing up a sterilization and giving everyone 'hot' masks.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

did someone tell him that if this continues hes going to be the president that got millions of americans killed because of pure incompetence and greed

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
You're listening in to KOV-ID, home of the Lung Buster Challenge. Here with you today is DJ Terminal, hitting your chest with a real SLAMMER!!

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

human sexuality truly knows no limits

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'd be super pissed if my apartment window was facing that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q40fKsRsHFU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

spacetoaster posted:

What's in the box that's so important to these people anyway?

Abraham's footprints

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I'm calling a million confirmed cases by Sunday.

friday most likely

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
we're already at that bottleneck where new cases are outnumbering testing and labs are overworked as is trying to catch up

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

thats uh, thats a bad sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

so what you're saying is invest in companies that synthesize it right