Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Hopefully everything turns ok for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

What do you mean by this post?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Lowtax posted:

That's just the way the internet is now. People want to believe the worst. Defending a male results in "he's not gonna let you suck his dick," and defending a female results in, "she's not going to gently caress you." It doesn't matter how ridiculously stupid your idiotic conspiracy theory is, because when it turns out to be completely incorrect, you don't need to apologise or admit you were wrong; you just move on to your next stupid claim which requires zero proof.

The easier it is for people to get on the internet, the lower the collective IQ drops. With next to zero barrier to entry, anybody can instantly login and start spewing sewage anywhere and everywhere they please. This is why you have groups of people drinking bleach and refusing to vaccinate their kids: ignorance and conspiracies sell. If there's something negative a group of people can think about another group of people, they absolutely will without questioning it in any remotely rational or objective way, because the echo chambers of the internet don't encourage creative or independent thought, they simply amplify the reenforcement of whatever insane groupthink they manifest in.

This thread is a perfect example. A certain group of people attempted to make it stick that I was a wife and child abuser. When that was objectively proven false, they then tried to make it stick that I wanted my child to die of starvation. Once again, that failed to stick, so now I'm at, uh, FOIA documents that, um, show I tried to contact Adult Swim and Eric Andre about Doom House or something???

It's the nature of the beast. You can either try to fight it, and lose, or laugh at it and accept it for the sheer entertainment value. I learned around 2002 or so that there's no point in trying to have a logical discourse with people who have made it their personal mission to avoid logic at all costs, because it threatens their precarious worldview. So instead I laugh and let the ban train keep plowing along.

It's disgusting. And people keep on repeating that poo poo on this very site, and they only get banned or probated for it if it happens in this thread. Eg. this was posted in PYF without anything happening:

Adeline Weishaupt posted:

This is somebody fleecing Lowtax by using big marketing buzzwords, and she's also the woman Lowtax cheated on his wife with when she fled to a shelter.

So yeah, if the forums spontaneously shuts down without warning; it's because she stole all of SA's money.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Burt Sexual posted:

Was that reported?

When I reported it some days back I got a message that it had already been reported. But nothing happened.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

VikingSkull posted:

what we need is a heavily moderated space about fast food

a filtered fast food forum

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Sestze posted:

I made a list based on data from a thread, was told not to, and haven't done it since. Daikatana's weaving an intricate story about how much I'm paying attention to all of this.

Daikatana is a guy I just remember being a lovely poster from a while back, and he's still around.

Why do you stalk people?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

the tits and rear end fondling page

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

cda posted:

today I learned that there's a racehorse named Barnacle Jim lmao

his face?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Huge Gross Burrito will be a fair and just IK

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Heather Papps posted:

what is german fast food

döner kebab

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

City of Glompton posted:

it hurts my heart that ppl think byob is not sincere :(

if you're not sure about byob pls come say hello in our hello welcome and chat thread, and check it out

this

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

ulvir posted:

part of the change that has taken place in byob is that the chill part is a lot more sincere now, and the humour is less “i suck at life haha :)

like gbs there’s also a hard “no politics” rule in place and i like that

that's the best rule there is and it should be made forums wide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

re: german fast foods:

currywurst too