Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Roogue Squadron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/SW_Moment/status/1552635864123166723

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

that explains the smell

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Uncle Owen and aunt Beru sleep in separate beds.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

too drat hot on tatooine to sleep in the same bed imo. but you can be assured that when luke is at tosche station there's some moisture farming going on if you know what i mean

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Jazerus posted:

too drat hot on tatooine to sleep in the same bed imo. but you can be assured that when luke is at tosche station there's some moisture farming going on if you know what i mean

Their rug does say 69 on it :pervert:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That was actually Shmi's carpet.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
How do you think she knew it was a virgin birth?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

heard that our boy corn horn showed up in one of the live action shows??? what's up with that

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Jazerus posted:

heard that our boy corn horn showed up in one of the live action shows??? what's up with that

that means the live action shows are canon now

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Disney+ Presents: Corman Horn loving An Otter: A Star Wars Story

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

skasion posted:

Disney+ Presents: Corman Horn loving An Otter: A Star Wars Story

I’m fully okay with this replacing the sequel trilogy.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

fartknocker posted:

I’m fully okay with this replacing the sequel trilogy.

or replacing the original trilogy

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The canon Star Wars series

KOTOR 2
The Phantom Menace
The Plinkett reviews
A blockbuster copy of Shadows of the Empire that already has all the levels unlocked
Corman Horny and the Otter of Space
The Glove of Darth Vader

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Kotor 2 = "what if we'd all be normal people and get rid of this force thing that always restart the same war for 40,000 years or something" said your contrarian friend Kreia, is what it was supposed to be but lol nope, this is star wars so her real name is Darth (Be)traya' and you hit her and the game ends like Fallout 1.

It really was like Black Isle Studios made a star wars game wasn't it

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The canon Star Wars series

KOTOR 2
The Phantom Menace
The Plinkett reviews
A blockbuster copy of Shadows of the Empire that already has all the levels unlocked
Corman Horny and the Otter of Space
The Glove of Darth Vader

:hmmyes:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Forget Rey, Trioculus is Palpatine's true kid

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Feldegast42 posted:

Forget Rey, Trioculus is Palpatine's true kid

Rey is actually Palpatine’s grandkid. So if you want to believe her father was Trioculus, there’s nothing to stop you

however you are still wrong. Trioculus was a pretender. His true kid was Triclops

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Kotor 2 = "what if we'd all be normal people and get rid of this force thing that always restart the same war for 40,000 years or something" said your contrarian friend Kreia, is what it was supposed to be but lol nope, this is star wars so her real name is Darth (Be)traya' and you hit her and the game ends like Fallout 1.

It really was like Black Isle Studios made a star wars game wasn't it

BIS finished KotOR 1 and was like "okay so how did killing one guy fix all the damage from the war?" and that's why they put G0-T0 in the game

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

skasion posted:

Rey is actually Palpatine’s grandkid. So if you want to believe her father was Trioculus, there’s nothing to stop you

however you are still wrong. Trioculus was a pretender. His true kid was Triclops

:hmmyes:

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
I do not think that KOTOR 2 is as great as everyone says it is.

Admittedly I also don't think that any Obsidian/Black Isle game is as good as they're said to be. They're always unfinished, broken, or have some really loving suspicious plot stuff, like the Protocols of the Elders of Gnomington and their Forced Miscegenation Rape Island in Arcanum. Or you have a Sex Pest writer ranting at you through his OC for hours.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I have mixed feelings on KotOR 2. When I first played it, it was kinda disappointing just because it was really not what I was expecting after the first game. There's way less comedy, less of a world to explore like I had grown accustomed to in KotOR 1. There's so many worlds that are barren or lack characters to interact with, and even when people are around, you're sneaking around them. Everything's so dark and self-serious.

And then I can appreciate a lot about it later. Peragus is a really slow burn, but it's a whole suspenseful mystery thing. It's a cool idea for there to be a lot about fixing up the galaxy in the wake of the previous wars. There's a lot of cinematic bits, the Sith Lords are all spooky and heavy, Goto's neat. It's just that so much about the big game decisions chafe with how I tend to approach these games. The game very much has its own pace that it wants to move at, there's a lot of sections where you get locked into areas and you better either finish all the content now or be fine with missing stuff. The influence system is a neat idea, but I wanna progress through all the characters' plotlines regardless of bringing them on the specific right missions to philosophically please them. Dxun is a neat storyline and area, but when they tell you you're riding a Basilisk War Droid, there ain't a robo-dragon anywhere to be seen.

And then the ending wasn't finished. There's been a cut content patch, but I've never had the patience to finish the game again. What wasn't cut was how it ends up with your standard JRPG existential nihilist, but without any of the spectacle you normally get from JRPG finales, just long diatribes. I guess it's nice that somebody out there likes Chris Avellone's endless tracts of writing.

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008
KOTOR 2 has a fine ending, they just decided to tack on a whole other (incredibly boring) area after it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There is a race of whale-men in Star Wars. They're called the Herglic.

There's not really a lot of lore about them; they had an ancient trading empire and were one of the earlier spacefaring civilizations, but they don't really come up much outside of the RPG books. They have blowholes on the top of their heads and they're big guys with thick skin, but otherwise a lot of artists have different takes on it. Some try to get further away from the whole whale thing.

I think I like the races that have a bunch of different takes on them work better for me than the ones that all try to copy the same one design, because real species have a lot of visual variation and it allows a lot of room for making unique looking characters.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

hell yeah those guys are great. dex should have been a herglic

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Corran Horn posted:

awooga

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Splash Whaldar

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

SlothfulCobra posted:

There is a race of whale-men in Star Wars. They're called the Herglic.

There's not really a lot of lore about them; they had an ancient trading empire and were one of the earlier spacefaring civilizations, but they don't really come up much outside of the RPG books. They have blowholes on the top of their heads and they're big guys with thick skin, but otherwise a lot of artists have different takes on it. Some try to get further away from the whole whale thing.

[/

I hope this isn't a comparison of the male vs female of the species, but it also wouldn't surprise me in the least if they made the females basically humans. Gotta get that alien dick.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

McGann posted:

I hope this isn't a comparison of the male vs female of the species, but it also wouldn't surprise me in the least if they made the females basically humans. Gotta get that alien dick.

Shows what you know, the human-looking one is the male

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Har Punmi

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

corran horn hosed an otter and the universe will never forget it

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
This thread was a great trip down memory lane. I always thought Michael Stackpole's self-insert, Corran Horn, had hosed a space weasel, not an otter. I'm glad that's cleared up after two decades of wrongness on my part.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I mean, they're both mustelids. There's not that much difference, since it would have to be an entirely new species of a different extraction anyway.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
hm. on the other hand:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Corran might not have been allergic to the space weasel fur like he was with the space otter, but the sex may not have been as good. Alas, we may never know...