Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Who What Now posted:

How did the disease rot away only the parts of the helmet covering the mouth????

The Force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

https://youtu.be/qWszV8lxNXo

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Dave Syndrome posted:

"Ooh tiddy!"

:randvince:

Man with Hat posted:

Is that Johanna Braddy?

Sara Jean Underwood.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I’m that transport ship taking off in the distant sky in the mid-upper right.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I mean, the Ice Cream Maker Guy/Willrow Hood had been a combination joke/minor EU thing for like 20 years before they released that figure, and I think that whole line was similar stuff like video game characters, random alternate outfits, designs and what not.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think in A New Hope, the blasters were mostly real guns firing blanks, and then by Empire Strikes Back, they had the budget to make entirely fake guns.

IIRC, the E-11 blasters based on the Sterling SMG’s are mostly firing blanks in the OT. It’s definitely the case for almost all the stuff in A New Hope, as you can clearly see shell cases ejecting and is very much the case for the Leia shooting face. I think you still see it a bit in Empire too, but there are cases in the OT of them dry firing at points as the cut down magazines only had like 3-5 blanks. By the prequels, it’s definitely all props with usually nothing more than a light.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Linux Pirate posted:

Reimagined Darth Vader

Strong Lord “Lightsaber Knees” Nyax energy from this.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

indigi posted:

only someone with the reflexes of a Jedi Master can gently caress the saber pussy

“You underestimate my power!”

“Don’t try it…”

Alternatively: “You came in that thing? You’re braver than I thought.”

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hazo posted:

His pal behind him didn't even help. What a punk.

(Is this a fan-made CGI thing or something?)

It looks like Battlefront 2015 based on the hud and the cards on the bottom right.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Yavin 4 was an inside job.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

That’s only because From A Certain Point Of View hasn’t done a Return Of The Jedi book yet

Oh poo poo that guy is definitely getting a story

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Sgt. Politeness posted:

One of the few that deserve one

Let it be noted I have no problem with it. I really enjoyed the first two of those books a lot, so let’s get stories about one of the few troopers to hit something or that baby Ewok that gets scared of C3PO’s stories or whatever.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Yoda takes a dump.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

That’s a waste of a perfectly good A-wing. Those things were crazy OP in that game for a while and could really swing that map…

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Vinylshadow posted:

The crazy-good Hero players can basically hold their own against everything but a crashing starship, and sometimes that's what you need to swing the map

In the beta and the first year or so of Battlefront 1, the A-wing basically was a Hero unit and they had to make changes to it over multiple patches to nerf it. It unintentionally had a very small hit box compared to every other fighter, so any halfway decent pilot could jink and juke easily enough to avoid incoming fire. At release, it also came with the same shield ability as the X-wing, which greatly reduced the damage it took for a bit, so good timing with that allowed pilots to zip away with its already great speed. This also had the bonus of a bug, only for the A-wing, where it made it immune to collision damage from ground units, so you could just literally fly through AT-STs and instant kill them without taking any damage yourself. The guns fired very quickly and accurately, so coming down in a steep dive could ruin objectives or clusters of the enemy better than any other fighter in the game.

The devs eventually fixed the hitbox issue a few months after release. Then they made ground AA weapons like the ion torpedo and turrets fly faster and have longer ranges to bridge the gap with all fighters, but it was clear the A-wing was the biggest source of complaints. They made it so the shield ability reduced weapon power while active, and eventually took it away from the A-wing entirely, replacing it with a speed boost. The A-wing was complained about a lot more than any Hero unit in that game since in the right hands it was so dominant. For certain maps, notably very open ones like Hoth and Jundland Wastes on modes like Walker Assault and Supremacy, they could just do loops out of range of infantry weapons and rain fire down on objectives and completely prevent the other team from gaining them unless you crashed.

They were tons of fun :getin:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Gann Jerrod posted:

Crosspost from the funny comic panel thread.

The next panel better be Chewbacca beating the hell out of some guy while Lando sits back and watches while drinking a Colt 45.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Cartoon Man posted:

Lmao, why is this not the thread title already…

:hmmyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

This is not something I’d want myself, but I’d drat sure want a best friend or family member who had it, holy poo poo.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I always thought the droidekas looked stupid, but they were apparently designed by a species called the Colicoids, which looked like this:

And I suppose it kinda makes sense in a "build your droids to look like you" kind of way.

I'm gonna assume they sound like and also built Hedonismbot.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hazo posted:

There's nothing enjoyable or redeeming about Attack of the Clones.

Meh, the big rear end battles at the end aren't good and the CGI did not age well at all, but drat if 12-year old me didn't love that poo poo when it was first in theaters.

Also, it's still better than Rise of Skywalker. :can:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Cerv posted:

It’s nice that you expect anyone to know those names

I learned them from the old Galactic Battlegrounds game! :eng101:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hazo posted:

Wasn’t there recently an entire comic book series based on Lucas’s insane original concept for The Star Wars?

There was one done by Marvel called ”The Star Wars” in 2013-14 that was reprinted later with the various Infinities alternate timeline stories from the early 00s.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Ingmar terdman posted:

I can't remember if the generic plane helmet + blue starbird is in Star Wars but it's definitely in ESB (Dack and others). I don't think it's on any uniforms in ROTJ but it's possible. The sequels seem to have started putting it on uniforms

It is, you see it several times as the pilots are preparing to take off from Yavin. Most (If not all) of the helmets in ESB were the same ones used in ANH, so you’ll see some of the more distinctive designs from Red and Gold squadron pilots in the background as Rogue squadron is getting ready for the battle of Hoth.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Megillah Gorilla posted:

And, that brings to mind another vehicle with incredibly useless guns - the Imperial combat assault tank:

It’s basically the Space StuG and I’m fine with that.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Yeah, that’s not a stock Defender, the cockpit pod is totally different.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

skasion posted:

Poop does not exist in Star Wars. Prove me wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keOgXPhopeg

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
That’s-a-penis.gif

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

As both a Star Wars and Gundam fan, this is simultaneously awesome and making me irrationally angry for some inexplicable reason.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Cartoon Man posted:

This was fun but my favorite was Star Wars Trilogy arcade:

https://youtu.be/a9a049ngdDE

So many quarters wasted in this.

I had my name or initials at #1 on like 15 different of those machines across the various parks and hotels in Disney World for years. I haven’t played it in like 15 years, but I can still instinctively remember half the spots to lead the targets to get them as soon as they appeared on the screen.

That game loving owned and I wish some place close to me had it to play again or it was online somewhere decently.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Gonk.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Prolonged Panorama posted:

Speaking of Rogue Squadron, I submit the cover of book 4 as the platonic ideal "Star Wars space battle image"

That was one of the first EU books I read, in no small part due to the cover.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Yes, but the Y-wing is the workhorse of the Rebel fleet. It’s not quick or flashy, but it gets the job done. The armor on this ship is extensive, and the shields will protect you from just about anything, which is good because you won’t be going anywhere fast. The Y-wing is used mainly as a bomber, because it can carry a heavy payload of missiles, torpedos, and bombs. The other important weapon is the top-side ion cannon, which rather than destroying a target can disable it for later capture. Our cannons have a computer assisted auto-fire feature, so don’t forget that when you’re in the heat of battle.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hazo posted:

That "workhorse" poo poo is pure Y-Wing propaganda.

A-Wings took down the Executor and helped secure the first destruction of a Siege Dreadnought.

Name one cool thing a Y-Wing ever did.

All the Rebel fighters are cool and good.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Madurai posted:

The Bob Fett Show was months ago and somehow Wookieepedia hasn't made up a class name and backstory for these background ships yet:

You're letting me down, neckbeards!

I’m calling it a YT-6900.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hazo posted:

Man this reminds me of that brief time in the 90s when the Action Fleet series (objectively the best Star Wars toys) released a bunch of alternate painted starfighter models, like a blue Y-Wing and a Green Squadron A-Wing

poo poo kicked fuckin rear end

I have that blue Y-wing packed away somewhere.

A friend of mine had one that IIRC had a semi-rare color defect and it came out green instead of blue.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Gonk.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Pfft, doesn’t even mention being the supreme youngling slayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Cross-Section posted:

alternatively,

Doloen posted:

Hell yeah get 'em Gonk

Gonk yeah.