Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Darth Nihilus sounds cool.

Yeah, it's a shame KOTOR 2 was so rushed, because he was pretty cool and had a cool rear end mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The :420: Repubic

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Megillah Gorilla posted:

And I recognise those arms:

Free Boba Fett indeed

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:same:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I had this shirt

I got mine for Christmas. Considering I was 18 at the time, I was less than enthusiastic about it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Burger King, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell got the exclusive deal for episode I toys.

IIRC BK was all Tattooine-themed, and the other two had Naboo and Coruscant.

e: wait no this is a Taco Bell ad so they must have got Tattooine.

e2: I think at some point Yum brand went hard on buying licensed toys to compete with Happy Meals. They also got Lord of the Rings toys- I got whatever the Taco Bell happy meal was called and got loving Celeborn. The nerd with two lines who wears a dress, just the character every kid wants a figure of.

Taco Bell definitely had Tatooine because I stole an advertisement with Watto on it from Taco Bell. I think I still have it somewhere.

I think KFC of all places had Naboo. I have strong memories of going somewhere we didn't uusually go because my friend was really pissed off because they were out of the Star Wars toys, and they gave him a lovely penguin instead. Then again it could have been Burger King because we never ate at Burger King either.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

JethroMcB posted:

The Episode I fast food deal in the US was Tatooine at Taco Bell, Naboo at KFC and Coruscant at Pizza Hut. At the time Yum Brands had only spun off from PepsiCo like a year or two earlier, which probably facilitated the deal when Lucasfilm was hammering out the licensing deals with partners.

:lol:

I just remembered this:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Episode I is very frustrating because it gets a lot right but for everything it gets right it gets something very wrong.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cartoon Man posted:

I love everything about episode one except for Midichlorians and Jake Loyd. I don’t even hate on Jar Jar.

Yeah, Jake Loyd really is the cement shoes for Episode I. There's just too much hanging on an actor who looks like and has the acting chops of a 6 year old.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I love how Alec Guinness hated working on Star Wars. It defined Obi-Wan in a way that an excited actor probably couldn't.

That said, I would pay 20 bucks to hang out with Mark Hamill.

e: lmfao $20 in 1977 money is almost $96 today.

I would pay $96 to hang out with Mark Hamill :colbert:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Big Beef City posted:

Like look at this.

Look at it.

That isn't funny.

Turn on your monitor

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Madurai posted:

The lasting damage done to the franchise by letting West End Games write lore continue to be felt today.

I loving love my WEG second edition, I spent so many hours of my youth looking at those pictures and imagining all the adventures I could go on if only I had friends.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fartknocker posted:

I can hear this picture.

:same:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bogus Adventure posted:

I just saw this picture of a "Rodian Maid" and now you have to, too

Hopefully this doesn't awaken anything in me