Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

SlothfulCobra posted:

General Grievous is kind of a wasted opportunity, not particularly because other sources had cooler takes on the character concept than the movie did, but because he doesn't really have any purpose in the movie other than distracting Obi-Wan while Anakin's busy falling to the dark side. He's the Zam Wessel of the movie.

Also it was weird that there was a whole thing where Utapau was being held hostage somehow? Weird that he had to do that whole thing instead of just going to a plain ol' Separatist planet. That whole sequence was just kinda overly long for something that carried no emotional weight in the movie.

It's not just that other sources had better takes, you need to watch the other sources to even have somewhat of an idea of who he is. Why does he cough? You needed to have watched the Tartakovsky clone wars series that originally aired in 3 minute episodes on Cartoon Network on Friday nights. Even then I just watched that and have seen the CGI clone wars series but I'm still not sure where he came from, why he's in a robot body, why he's a general or why he hates jedi. I think some of that might be answered in that series but it's 7 seasons most of which are 20+ episodes.

I just watched the prequels after watching Rise of Skywalker because I wanted to see how they hold up and I think it's pretty funny how twice he's like "haha I win!" as he flees for his life. I still don't think the prequels are very good but I will admit I have more of an affection for them now after watching the newest ones.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 10:15 on May 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
In the clone wars CGI show those aliens with the long necks literally walk into the next room over when there are jedi there and talk to Dooku over hologram several times so again it's the jedi who are the dumb ones.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Calico Heart posted:

lol you mean the writers of a kids show also realised how dumb that scene was

Does the cartoon explain why the trillion dollar clone project that is highly important and sensitive is carried out 10 feet above a raging, stormy, ocean??? Do they just open up the floors and dump the bad clones?

A ton of that show is explaining stuff that doesn't make much sense in the movies, like almost everything about Anakin. The good parts are pretty good, but like I said above it's 7+ seasons, five of which are over 20 episodes so there's also a fair amount of other stuff in there that's not that great. Then there's stuff that's so dumb it's good, like Savage Opress. Just look at that glorious villian name. It's been awhile but at some point, I want to say like season 3 or so it goes from being for kids to, uh, not really being for them, or at least they aren't the target audience anymore. It gets pretty violent and there's stuff like a plotline about a jedi who purposely throws clones lives away because he doesn't view them as really being people.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Bongo Bill posted:

Definitely the strongest of the post-acquisition films, and I would even say worthy to stand among the prequels that preceded it.

Actually that's Solo.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
I'll probably watch it again sometime soon because I can't really recall most of the movie but I remember not liking Rogue 1 because I thought the editing and I guess for lack of better term the flow of the movie was a mess, probably because it was really obvious it was torn apart and thrown back together by the studio executives at some point. There are some scenes it's apparent what was originally shot went down differently than what it was edited into.