Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Wow this dialogue is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
drat, I still love these movies.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I forgot that like a fifth of this movie is the robots silently walking around the desert and a third of it is spent running back and forth across the same few Death Star sets.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i thought it was funny how mad darth vader was at the start. he just so done with everything

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
so this is why nerds were mad about Return of the Jedi

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Sleeveless posted:

Wow this dialogue is terrible.

Arrhythmia posted:

Bonaventure posted:

so this is why nerds were mad about Return of the Jedi

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Barry Lyndon already existed and The Duelists came out this same year, there's really no reason for the swordfighting to be this stiff and bad.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

cuntman.net posted:

i thought it was funny how mad darth vader was at the start. he just so done with everything

Yeah, love the the escalating line read.

commander, tear this ship apart, And Bring Me THE PASSENGERS, I WANT THEM ALIVE!!!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Arrhythmia posted:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dave Syndrome posted:

Yeah, love the the escalating line read.

commander, tear this ship apart, And Bring Me THE PASSENGERS, I WANT THEM ALIVE!!!

Yeah!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Vader and Yoda both being goofy and quippy is great and the fact that people complained about it in Rogue One and The Last Jedi when it was totally accurate to the characters is just one more exhibit for how Star Wars fans don't actually like Star Wars.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I watched all 8 movies the weeks prior to ROS.

A New Hope fuckin owns. Sir Alec Guinness slays. "Obi-wan Kenobi. Obi-wan. Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A long time."

You don't need movies and a TV show for his back story. Just the way he says that. You know some serious poo poo went down in his past and that it still haunts him.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Turns out it was 19 years. And he got real, real old in those 19 years.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

god Endor is boring

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

this feels like a silent movie or some poo poo

Kazimir Vysehrad
Mar 13, 2013

When did Lucas added all those poo poo CGI? surly those have aged pretty well...

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Luke sure spends a lot of time thinking about them power converters.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Pollyanna posted:

this feels like a silent movie or some poo poo

I read a quote by Lucas once that due to John Williams' music, you could get the gist of the movies even if they had no dialogue.

Also, someone actually made "silent movie" (music only, decolorized) editions of the original trilogy. I watched them a few years ago, and they work surprisingly well.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Like the whole rear end first act of Ep IV drags quite a bit and also when Vader enters the corvette and surveys the bodies he has his hands on his hips like he's a saucy boy

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
what did han solo have installed in his neck to get it to move like that

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

zoux posted:

Like the whole rear end first act of Ep IV drags quite a bit and also when Vader enters the corvette and surveys the bodies he has his hands on his hips like he's a saucy boy

I know you have been inconvenienced, and I am prepared to compensate you. Shall we say, one million American dollars?

Very well then, two million!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A0rwG39Jzk

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

huh, i think next i'm going to get into red vs blue again

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I only had Empire on VHS growing up so I had no idea how that poo poo started or ended.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Wow Han was kinda rapey with Leia

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

zoux posted:

Darth Vader is cool and scary and imposing but somehow at the same time also a sassy queen and I love him 👑

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Darth Vader is cool and scary and imposing but somehow at the same time also a sassy queen and I love him 👑

thats the anakin part :grin:

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
ESB is a good movie cuz Vader kills a lot of Empire guys

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Sleeveless posted:

not as bad as blade runner

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sleeveless posted:

I feel like ~12 years ago I kept meeting women who had a big thing for Indiana Jones and Han Solo

and they tended to be pretty young, too

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Bump bump BUMp buMP bump BUmp BuMpbUmp. . . mewmewmewmewmewmew *transition into a clarinet solo*

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Darth Vader is still pretty cool

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dave Syndrome posted:

I read a quote by Lucas once that due to John Williams' music, you could get the gist of the movies even if they had no dialogue.

Also, someone actually made "silent movie" (music only, decolorized) editions of the original trilogy. I watched them a few years ago, and they work surprisingly well.

They made a version of Fury Road like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Kill All Cops posted:

ESB is a good movie cuz Vader kills a lot of Empire guys

He kills two. That's what Luke like eats for breakfast (he is a known cannibal).