Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait wait wait

I'm reading that this virus only kills baby boomers?

why did this happen in China. we deserve it the most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AceOfFlames posted:

What I don't get is the people cheering for economic collapse. I mean, even if your jobs suck, wouldn't that make your situation much worse? Or do you think you'd be Immortan Joe instead of one of the skulls on his car?
i have a gun and I'm not afraid to use it

on myself

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AceOfFlames posted:

I hear you, but my main concern is that my parents keep talking about getting farm land and I am terrified of digging the dirt 12 hours a day until the raiders/townsfolk rape and murder us all.
usually you only dig for like a week and then everything is planted. the rest of the time is spent not watering the plants because there's no water so you die from dehydration and or disease but probably mostly the disease

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can we just have a full blown boomer epidemic in this country already, jeez. I want to buy a home.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
typhoid Mary got nothing on wuhan Gary

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so that mortality rate is closer to 100% than 2%

i am very good at math

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ooh, now ban testing

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TeenageArchipelago posted:

gonna be honest I'm legit suprised that my "it's gonna be India or Thailand that does us in" was so wrong. should have known that it was just going to be the western countries failing over and over again

plus Indonesia lol
it hitting mumbai is legit terrifying

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was on a cruise in a previous life but after one day i decided to kill myself

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

oh yeah it's absolutely in bad faith and the writers deserved to get dunked on for it, it's like calling a mixed race person in america a quadroon or something, just because it's old-timey and not in common parlance doesn't make it not racist as gently caress
This seems more like a pretext to kick out journalists than an actual reaction to racism.

This is the nazi douchebag that wrote the article. He wrote other such gems as "Beijing Will Give You Cold War Nostalgia" "‘Ukrainegate’—Treason or Common Sense?" and "Freedom Stages a Comeback - Even when officials push realpolitik, the U.S. remains a beacon of liberty to the world."

The three reporters they're booting out had nothing to do with the article, didn't endorse it or defend it.

Like by all means, boot out newspapers that platform racist assholes in their opinion section, but that's pretty much an excuse to boot out all press.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sincx posted:

If Sanders is elected president and the People's Daily put out a hit piece using anti-semetic language from Nazi Germany in its headline, you don't think there'll be consequences?
If by consequences you mean kicking out People's Daily journalists covering the kids in cages on the US southern border under the pretext of outrage over an anti-semitic opinion piece, then no, there would not be consequences.

e:lmao

Squizzle posted:

if someone put out a post talking about how china was unprepared for an epidemic because of the rigid framework of confucian thought, do you think they would experience consequences??

sincx posted:

One could argue that, despite their different outwards political philosophy, at their cores the governments of the PRC, the Koreas, and Japan are still heavily influenced by Confucian ideals. Which is terrible for disaster response because a government designed around order and hierarchy is NOT able to respond quickly and creatively to fast-changing situations.

Dolphin fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 20, 2020

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kinda seems like we're not very good at this pandemic containment thing

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
imagine if like, rabies was spread via aerosol and had an incubation period of >= 2 weeks. we'd all be dead lmao that would own

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zil posted:

I imagine that is going to happen a lot here in the US with people refusing to be tested.
don't take my word for it, but i hear the test causes autism

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bip Roberts posted:

it was called "trainspotting" for a reason
god damnit

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah if it takes hold in Beijing you can expect it to be in a grocery store near you starting next week

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wouldn't go to the hospital. i can't afford that poo poo.

i'll just like, stay in bed. or go to a movie.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

riseofmydick posted:

NYC is still Coronavirus free
booooo

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is insane

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
has anyone contacted elon musk about a possible solution

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I mean the virus spreading outside of China was always a matter of ‘when’ rather than ‘if’, but I will admit I was not expecting Iran to be the next catastrophe, my money was 100% on Thailand
i was hoping for israel

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao it's a godamned wildfire

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do NOT tell me what to do with MY butt

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zotix posted:

No it's not. Skunkworks does some top secret poo poo. They don't do physics altering near teleportation poo poo. In this case aliens are far more likely.
wait, what video are we talking about here

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zotix posted:

The tic tac videos of 2004 taken by USS Nimitz f18s off the coast of San Diego.
That was just a submarine lmao

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spinz posted:

Same
Im 50 and smoked for decades

gently caress
If you get it give me your login info and I'll gladly continue posting like garbage for you

it's the least i can do

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raccooon posted:

How does this thing kill? Do your lungs fill up with liquid? Or is it attacking other organs as well?
pneumonia. so yes probably respiratory failure, multisystem organ failure, sepsis, etc

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FistEnergy posted:

big CDC update in 10 minutes apparently
watch Trump fire the cdc if this is bad

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah you have to call the cdc to get it

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have 60 pounds of rice so probably fine for a bit

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that isn't ominous

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did they mention anything about what color the sky is

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so are they walking around in California now or what

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if it gets to San Francisco we're all getting it lmao

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tremendous, from the standpoint of illness

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

Who will be the first goon?
I have it. It's awesome lol

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luckyellow posted:

Hmm, anyone have a handy map of where all the older reddest parts is in the US? I'm seeing a road trip in my future
the problem with this map is it is also the poorest blackest parts

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Judakel posted:

God I am begging you. Crash this economy.
the dow is already no likey

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gonna be a pretty good case for m4a when no one goes to the hospital and this thing sweeps over the country like a biblical pestilence

people will just blame it on taxes or something though lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol that's game set and match. we're done